• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern [Comedy|Light] Ordinary Yet Exceptional

Exanis

He Who Sees E's
Oye!
Ordinary yet Exceptional

Comedy | Slice of Life | Light | Romance

Congratulations! You are one of the special gifted teenagers of the world! Self-made billionaires, kid geniuses, young stars, and more! Or perhaps it was a series of questionable events that struck you lucky / unlucky enough! Either way, you are now part of a group of kids in a government funded study group fit specifically for your talents! You see, no matter how successful you are, you need to have a proper social life with kids around your age! As such, you've been brought together with people as gifted as you to not only use your gifts in whatever way you want, but, more importantly, have fun and make friends! And of course, with unnaturally gifted kids like you, you're bound to get into wacky, unnatural shenanigans!

Link to OOC:
Ordinary Yet Exceptional - OOC

Notes on the World

World is 'realistic':
Exceptions are only allowed on a smaller scale and only if your character would be 'capable' of creating or doing something considered 'unrealistic'. (13 year old kid with ridiculous strength) But since the world is 'realistic' any allowed 'unrealistic' actions WILL have the normal everyday people boggling in shock and awe. Because that's how things work.

Inhabitants are 'Unrealistic':
Once again, you are considered to be one of the few special UNNATURALLY gifted people of the world, brought together in one place to not only cultivate your skills but make sure that you have an actual social life with people that are equally as gifted

Dorm-like setting:
You are of course allowed to go to the 'outside world' and travel and go to meetings and such, but in the end you always come back to the facility because, honestly, it's where you feel the most 'at home', what with being surrounded by other extremely gifted people. Yes, you can visit your parents anytime you like, and yes, they can visit you anytime they like. Just think of it like boarding school, except you get to do pretty much whatever!

Exempt from School:
Whether it's because you are of genius intellect, a popstar that travels the world, an athlete of near-godlike proportions or anything in between, you've been given a free pass from the prison of formal education due to your gifts

Oddballs and Shennanigans
(Over the top situations that should otherwise be normal included):
Did you happen to create a robot butler that takes everything a bit too literal? Somehow lost a friend's prized posession on the tour bus that has already left? Played ball with a delicate piece of machinary and caused a rift in time and space? Did someone by chance eat that pudding you were saving for later? Yes, we've all been there.

'Episodes' - plot will take place via miniature 'episodes'
(Time-skipping between each in order to provide random goals to accomplish, whilst allowing a 'sand-box' style to achieve that objective):
Did someone say 'festivals'? I mean, sure, you're all rich and pretty famous, but that doesn't stop you from having to create the better festival stand to show up those snooty kno- oh wait... That's you guys! Still! The world goes on and you have things to do! Like go to the beach! Or find the lost city of atlantis! Or, you know, make dinner without setting the whole place on fire... The world is your oyster damn it! The last piece of pizza? Welcome to the pizza wars!

Light-Hearted Comedy Experience:
'What was the fourth wall again?' 'You mean that thing that we shouldn't break?" "But... Exanis likes to break the fourth wall with snake things and such!" "Uh..." "Don't let anyone know this, but I already know who I'm inevitably going to start dating!" "What!?" Of course not everything is going to be in line of completely shattering the fourth wall with no regards for anyones safety, but it will be light and fun!

'Slice of life':
You have likes and dislikes, joys and fears, dreams and worries, puppy love and true infatuation, and it should show in a fairly realistic way! You're supposed to develop yourself as a person and make friends, and maybe even some enemies or rivalries, while doing so! Because remember, these are the years of youth!

You are special, but not perfect:
It's exactly as it's said! You are amazing at something, whether it be intellect, singing, dancing, cooking, building, athletics, or anything else! But just because you have god-like skills in one thing, doesn't mean you have god-like skills with everything! Sure, some skills are connected, but I can't see the guy who works in front of a computer 20 hours a day to be able to easily sprint a marathon! It just doesn't happen! And just because you are special, doesn't mean you don't have your own character flaws and fears! You are a gifted person, but you are still just that, a person!

Last edited:
Here soon I'll get to working on whatever I was doing there with the second post.
Darn electric company interfering with my schedule yesterday.

Ohhhh man count me in for this danganronpa- oh wait uhh I mean count me in for this rp!
Hopefully it turns out enjoyable!

Here soon I'll get to working on whatever I was doing there with the second post.
Darn electric company interfering with my schedule yesterday.

Hopefully it turns out enjoyable!
Don't worry it will after all I'm here! *toot toot*

Don't worry it will after all I'm here! *toot toot*
Haha! I'll definitely look forward to it!
Especially since we are allowing the fourth wall to be broken on occasion. (Like a character having access to the OOC pages. Shippers beware!)

Nenma Takashi Nenma Takashi Webs Elk Webs Elk apolla apolla
So while we are at it! Is there anything you three want to see?
Currently I'm compiling a random list for the skeleton sheet. And since this is a light | comedic style RP, everything can be done in good fun.
For example, providing early leaks without consulting Exanis Exanis ! (Kidding, it's just the bland current skeleton thingery-doo)

Character Skeleton:
(Appearance)

Name:
Role: (This is an optional part, but serves as a quick summary of how your character is to be percieved. Ice Princess, Eggroll Lover, Mister too obsessed with tomatoes... You get it.)

Field: (What is your character good at? Why were they pulled into this program / dorm?)
Quirks: (List a couple of hilarious odds and ends; Scared of dogs? Become a tyrant when your pudding goes missing? Does a certain someone make you do a 180 personality change? You don't understand how a pull door works?! Do you look off into the sky and yell at entities that may or may not be controlling every part of your life?! )

Bond Points: (Ad-lib is heavily encouraged. List at least 3 secrets / embarrassing moments / character development points along with another person's character name. The name will represent who noticed that moment, and shares the secret. This is to encourage the idea that the characters are not strangers.)

Public Feat: (Is there something that could make you publically known {or at least your name?} List that here!)

Personality:

History: (Completely optional, preferred if it's slowly built upon and developed!)

Seems interesting, perhaps even a bit planned out, so you got my eyes at least

A few questions:
1. Post requirements?
2. Plot direction? Even if this is slice-of-life, there should be some semblance of an ultimate goal.
3. Type of prefered images for this roleplay?
4. To what extent can our character's unnatural skills go? I'm assuming we can do things that would normally be impossible, but that it doesn't go to the level of it being superpowers, so would things like a psychic or a genius inventor be possible? For the sake of knowing my options if I do join.

Seems interesting, perhaps even a bit planned out, so you got my eyes at least

A few questions:
1. Post requirements?
2. Plot direction? Even if this is slice-of-life, there should be some semblance of an ultimate goal.
3. Type of prefered images for this roleplay?
4. To what extent can our character's unnatural skills go? I'm assuming we can do things that would normally be impossible, but that it doesn't go to the level of it being superpowers, so would things like a psychic or a genius inventor be possible? For the sake of knowing my options if I do join.
1. At least a paragraph of five sentences, as usual. More so seeing as it is a comedy type, it's understandable if things get a little short sometimes. As for post frequency, that will be extremely lenient so long as we are informed (Though this will touched upon answer 2 in a moment). Luckily, we are working with a pretty lenient genre.

2. As stated in the first post, we will work via 'Episodes'. In other words, we won't have a single large plot to work upon. Instead, we will prepare plots back to back via an intro post per segment. These posts will provide a direction for players to work towards, or a general theme. For example a random person get's trapped in a virtual game, everyone goes in to pull him out via beating it. Each 'Episode' will last probably only a day in-game, depending on the scenario. Otherwise, it is about character development throughout these goals. Occasionally we will be throwing out a bigger piece that will loom over multiple 'Episodes'. Though thanks to this, not every character has to be present per scenario. Which means if someone has an emergency, or needs to take a break, they won't miss much.

We approached the 'Slice of Life' genre knowing full well that it severely lacks in the plot department. Frankly, it's a terrible experience to try to make a full fledged story that's genre heavily relies on character development and the character's internal struggles without having the whole party working behind the scenes. As such, we decided to use this 'Episode' system, whilst providing numerous miniature plots. That way everyone has a direction to move, whilst managing to keep the free-form character development of a slice of life. This is why we are attempting to highlight the fact that this will also be a light | comedy, so no one feels stressed to make things seem legit.

3. I, myself, prefer anime-style. Or anything of that sort. Just try to avoid photo-realistic imagery, and we are fine.

4. That is actually heavily debatable, and will vary case to case. Of course we don't want god-level characters, but we want to highlight the fact that some situations are completely outrageous for a comedy aspect. Kind of like a twelve year old benching something six times heavier than a trained professional in the field. And of course we want that professional to seem realistic and be completely baffled as to what is occurring. A genius inventor is 100% possible. As I know the hilarity of what could come out of it. So long as something is done in good fun, it should honestly be fine. Just try not to pass into the super power field.

1. At least a paragraph of five sentences, as usual. More so seeing as it is a comedy type, it's understandable if things get a little short sometimes. As for post frequency, that will be extremely lenient so long as we are informed (Though this will tough upon answer 2 in a moment). Luckily, we are working with a pretty lenient genre.

2. As stated in the first post, we will work via 'Episodes'. In other words, we won't have a single large plot to work upon. Instead, we will prepare plots back to back via an intro post per segment. These posts will provide a direction for players to work towards, or a general theme. For example a random person get's trapped in a virtual game, everyone goes in to pull him out via beating it. Each 'Episode' will last probably only a day in-game, depending on the scenario. Otherwise, it is about character development throughout these goals. Occasionally we will be throwing out a bigger piece that will loom over multiple 'Episodes'.

We approached the 'Slice of Life' genre knowing full well that it severely lacks in the plot department. Frankly, it's a terrible experience to try to make a full fledged story that's genre heavily relies on character development and the character's internal struggles without having the whole party working behind the scenes. As such, we decided to use this 'Episode' system, whilst providing numerous miniature plots. That way everyone has a direction to move, whilst managing to keep the free-form character development of a slice of life. This is why we are attempting to highlight the fact that this will also be a light | comedy, so no one feels stressed to make things seem legit.

3. I, myself, prefer anime-style. Or anything of that sort. Just try to avoid photo-realistic imagery, and we are fine.

4. That is actually heavily debatable, and will vary case to case. Of course we don't want god-level characters, but we want to highlight the fact that some situations are completely outrageous for a comedy aspect. Kind of like a twelve year old benching something six times heavier than a trained professional in the field. And of course we want that professional to seem realistic and be completely baffled as to what is occurring. A genius inventor is 100% possible. As I know the hilarity of what could come out of it. So long as something is done in good fun, it should honestly be fine. Just try not to pass into the super power field.
Awesome, at the very least you seemed to have put a lot of thought into this!

I'm in boss!

No realistic pictures?
I'ld heavily prefer not, simply because in my wildest imagination I can't picture people like Adam Sandler (or whoever is popular these days), in unrealistic situations. However, that is only my personal preference. If no one else complains, then I see very little point in pressing it further.

Ninth Ninth
Quick question: How many characters can we make?
Try to limit it to a single main character. Though, I wouldn't entirely mind seeing a few additions on the side. Just note that they probably won't get to be over the top in anything. If you have plans for a duo, like twins or something, just keep us informed.

For now I'm going to run off until Exanis gets back. Can't do too much plotting without 'em!

wait, I just noticed, wasn't Exanis Exanis the GM?
Can confirm that Nin is my co-GM and the one that thought of the original idea of this.

Just as well, it seems that we've drawn in a bit of a crowd, so I imagine that I'll be kicking the ol' writing machine into high gear and setting up most of the RP within the next day or so, as well as me and Nin's duo just to give y'all an idea of what's going on.

Can confirm that Nin is my co-GM and the one that thought of the original idea of this.

Just as well, it seems that we've drawn in a bit of a crowd, so I imagine that I'll be kicking the ol' writing machine into high gear and setting up most of the RP within the next day or so, as well as me and Nin's duo just to give y'all an idea of what's going on.
If I may, i would recommend that information be expressed in the search thread itself

Users who are viewing this thread

Back