• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy COLOSSUS ❖ LEGACY

How is the plot?

• Confusing.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Boring.

• Intriguing.

• WHEN IS IT GONNA START?!

• I'm down with it.

• Total voters

Plushie

Mr. Teddy

Welcome to Colossus Legacy, a modern-fantasy roleplay that consists of mystery, adventure, slice of life and so for. This is only an interest check and my first roleplay so...

Please join at your own risk.

13dde5c8f837c6671a6648944f5e855f.png

Inspired by the game, "Shadow of the Colossus"

THE MYTH ?

There was a war between two great empires, both equally strong in power. Their goal was to conquer the great plains of Uldreiyn for it was the holy sanctuary of the great Colossus who once ruled the land with their extraordinary powers that they possessed, protecting the people from evil but due to using all their powers to seal away the evil, they were put into deep slumbers. There was a legend saying that if one could control the land, they would be given the powers of the Colossus and become almost like a God which both rulers strive to achieve. Their war went on for years until an elderly man dressed in white appeared out of nowhere before them. White light emitted from his form that it blinded the army from their bloody battle as the man approached the two rulers,"You who had dirtied this holy land, hungry for power and control. You despise me! Ridden of your filth and leave this land at once!" The man said in fury as he bought down his wooden staff into the ground and shrouded the land along with the two empires' armies in white.

From there, no one knew what happened next but some say that the man was the protector of the Colossus who tried to stop the war from unleashing the Colossus from their slumber and took the army to perish for their sins. Some say that the elderly man was bogus and that the two empires just died all together. Now, the story was all in the past. All in all, this whole thing was looked upon as just another myth that ancestors made up due to their old age.

THE STORY ?

Julius E. Vivaldi, a historian, was studying close to the city of Oliverwyre with a group of other researchers as they were trying to find out if the legend of the Colossus were true. The expedition took weeks until Peter Sylvina, Julius' close friend, was the first to find something that belonged to the legend, a piece of pitch-black stone looking almost like plain coal but was much darker with a strange aura emitting from it.

Taking it back to their lab, they started researching on the stone but the machines went haywire and the building was put on evacuation. Though everyone had already left, Julius stayed back to get the stone as Peter was the one to catch him,"
What are you doing Julius?! We need to get out of here now!" His childhood friend and fellow historian said but Julius ignored him, pushing him back,"No! I must get that stone back! It is my fortune! The key to riches and proof of the Colossus' existence! Do not try to stop me Peter." Julius replied in fury and ran off into the lab where the stone laid.

Just when he was about to take it, a dark figure stood from afar that he didn't noticed that it was there until his back was slammed into a wall by a strong gust of wind. Trying to catch his breath, Julius was face-to-face with the silhouette and was unable to say a word as it spoke,"Another foolish mortal filled with greed. What a pitiful being you are. May you learn from your sins and cleanse of it." The silhouette said and raising it's hand above it's head as it started to morph into a buster sword. With one final breath from Julius, the sword was bought down, slicing him into two before his body was cloaked with darkness and exploded into a black vapor. As the sword was turned back into a hand, the silhouette made it's way towards the stone and took the stone, as it too, vanished in a black mist until it was nothing, leaving no trance of it's existence. The only one to witness the scene was Peter Sylvina who had followed after Julius. He was lucky to have survive as the building was consumed in flames from the explosion from the machines inside.

What happened after that incident was all a mystery, Julius body was never found and Peter Sylvina continued his life in Oliverwyre but never forgot what he saw and kept it in a journal for someone else to find. Maybe his story could help someone and learn what kind of scary mistake it would be if one were to mess with the legend.

THE BEGINNING?

In the modern century of today where technology is a powerful and dynamic machine and the world is consumed in the various entrainment provided by the internet, the myth is soon bought back to life in what was once Uldreiyn, now was the city of Oliverwyre. A new evil has risen and the city has been targeted by what are known as "Espers", because of this, the Colossus were waken from their slumber to save the world once more but their original bodies had long been erode and became one with the Earth's soil.

In order to survive, The Colossus, possess a handful of transfer students in order to survive past their awakening and begin a new life in their chosen host. Plagued with the burdens that the Colossus shouldered and gifted with supernatural abilities, their destiny awaits as they carry out their once daily lives while also protecting those they hold dear as they are thrown into chaos.

This is where you, the students of Halcyon High, follow on with this journey as you must keep the Colossus' existence hidden from the public eye and protect the citizens of Oliverwyre. Are you willing to be a hero and sacrifice yourself for those you love or fall and be controlled by an Esper?

? If you have any questions or concerns, please contact me for more information! ?

@Jack Dennings @ArtySox

Thank you for showing interest in my roleplay c: If you guys have any suggestions to improve my story or questions, please share them! I'm happy for any interesting ideas to help me make this roleplay better.

RonetheSlayer said:
Can you tell us more about the Espers?
5d4d92aa4d309ec8e688dbb72c0fcfb5.png

Espers are shadow-like creatures -- like above -- that has only one purpose in life, to capture as many souls and control the hollow bodies of those souls for example; If a character were to die, their souls would be devoured to create another Esper while their body will be useful to use for the Esper to sneak into the human world and be able to pursue it's purpose easily but the body will only last for a few days before it starts to rot and become useless to the Esper. Only higher level Espers are able to last longer in a corpse's body. This is kinda like a spoiler but there is a Colossus I had in mind that is able to control the Esper in a way but I still need to put work into that idea. If you have any suggestions on a kind of Colossus and it's powers, do share!

RonetheSlayer said:
Awesome stuff. Are we as characters aware of the espers and what they do?
No, in the beginning the characters will all act like normal students and do school stuff; the boring stuff. When everyone had posted into the IC -- when I get enough people and make the roleplay -- I will choose only 2 people at a time who stands out to me to have a Colossus. From there, those people that I chose will be filled in on what is happening around them that the naked-eye cannot see. With the Colossus, you are able to see the supernatural and the Esper, with that, you are also given the power to fight the Esper do the impossible. You will learn more once I make the roleplay! ^^

I am absolutely interested in this roleplay. It is really well thought out and very interesting. Also you have an adorable picture of the Hyouka cast, which I totally adore.

RonetheSlayer said:
Awesome stuff. Is the general public aware of the espers and what they do?
Actually, yes but only a few. There will be a secret organization that know of the Colossus' existence -- this was made as an option for those who didn't get a Colossus be able to still help out in the battle -- and have special weapons and equipments that can do harm to an Esper but they are not as strong as a "Colossi", a title for those who possess a Colossus, as they are still human beings.

CrimsonEclipse said:
I am absolutely interested in this roleplay. It is really well thought out and very interesting. Also you have an adorable picture of the Hyouka cast, which I totally adore.
Thank you for showing interest! Also yes, I love them so when I saw the pic, it was perfect to go with my username, Plushie xD

Also I'll be having the roleplay up by today or tomorrow depending on my schedule!

That's a really cute pic that you found, although I'm still wondering why Chitanda isn't wearing one since she's probably the one who wants it most. She shoud have been wearing the penguin suit she wore for that photoshoot.

CrimsonEclipse said:
That's a really cute pic that you found, although I'm still wondering why Chitanda isn't wearing one since she's probably the one who wants it most. She shoud have been wearing the penguin suit she wore for that photoshoot.
Ikr! I thought the same thing but it's still cute nonetheless but it would have been perfect if she was part of it c:

CrimsonEclipse said:
Satoshi probably brought it since he had them and Chitanda got curious on how it would look on them.
Seems like it, maybe that's why she's not wearing one?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back