• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Colossi Hunters: Essence of God Interest gauging.

Would you Be intrested

• Total voters

Girouette

Lizard knight Overlord
This is a roleplay I tried to run back in 2015, I had spent quite some time on it but it never found the success I would have like, I figured since BBCode was now back and the original formatting worked properly now would be a good time to try and re-run it. I'd like to gauge interest first, so I'll just put the original description area here. Please respond if you'd be interested, although it will need some re-tuning. I also will need to fix the pictures in this description should I choose to run it, although it had images I'd collected to give a sense of the monsters involved.

I don't have the link to the failed first attempt, as it's been buried after years, though I may go and look around for it should anyone be interested.

Regardless, here it is. As I said, the formatting needs to be fixed as this is from ages ago, but spare it too much scrutiny! I'll make it look nice if it gets interest, focus on the idea for now.

WHAT IS THIS ROLEPLAY?

This roleplay is a combination of ideas I've had throughout the years roleplaying, it's a combination of adventure roleplaying, along with aspects of upgrading, equipment management and mechanics found in Video Games, with a good dose of absurdly large monsters and badassery.

If you have an affinity for games like Monster Hunter, Shadow Of The Colossus, or simply enjoy the idea of fighting stupidly massive (and sometimes not-as-massive) monsters by wielding absurd weapons and abilities you gain from literally devouring the soul of the creature, then this might be the roleplay for you.

If none of that seems appealing to you, especially the last one, then I implore you to look elsewhere for a roleplay, although this could still be enjoyable.

Regardless, this roleplay has quite a few mechanics and is... well, I've worked on this for a few weeks, so I apologize if any of these explanations of the mechanics don't make sense. I'd like for you to post in the OOC or PM me if you have any questions. Without further ado, let's start with the titans themselves.

MONSTERS

The monsters that will be encountered in this roleplay are all unique and varied, and they have quite a few mechanics to them which are explained tabs below, I hope you read each one thoroughly, if they're not too long.

• The Creatures appeared around 1600 years prior to the current time-period, and humanity have long since forgotten what brought them into existence. In fact, on the backs of the Fortress-class monsters, many forget the corruption that ravishes the land below, or simply think it's something they shouldn't concern themselves with.

However, as a new member of the Titan Hunters, you'd be expected to know of the history and have an interest in the monsters, so here's a quick summary.

About 1700 years ago, the original monster came into being. His origin is unknown, although theories of godly punishment, Cosmic Energy, and Dark Magic were widely accepted. Nonetheless, due to a lack of a better name, the create was named 'The Origin'. It was a creature of such immense strength and power that it was claimed he could wipe stars from the sky with a simple glance.

This being possessed a seething loathe towards anything on the Earth. Flowers, animals, rivers, and humans most of all. With his coming, humanity was plunged into an age of darkness. The lights in the sky vanished, blocked out by a seemingly impenetrable veil of darkness, and humans were tortured and kept in prison-like towns. It was truly the most miserable act to ever be committed towards humanity.

That was until a hundred years of depravity and suffering later, when humanity found a way to fight back.

Perhaps the Gods had enough of the cruel joke when somewhere in one of the prisons the first Titan slaying weapon appeared. Nobody knows if it was forged or found, but there it was. A lone hero, his name was lost to history, took up the Diavolul Blade and stood up for humanity against The Origin. After a fierce battle, he found that he was unable to kill The Origin. However, he was able to do something nearly as good. The Soul of the Origin, it's immense source of power, was shattered into millions of fragments. These fragments spread across the world, and as you might've inferred by now, began to form the creatures later known as Titans.

These Titans, about 50 years after the Origin was slain, began to overtake humanity in population, and due to the sheer size and danger of some, humans eventually found themselves once more in hiding. This time, with much more freedom than before however. It could even be said that, a thousand years later, many had forgotten the oppression and dangers the Earth below held, free on the backs of fortress monster they lived upon.

Except for you, of course.

• - Small

Small monsters are the most common, with close to a million inhabiting the earth.

The size of small monsters is from 3ft to 60ft, they vary from humanoid shapes to animal like creatures, although mostly all human types fall under this, this is the only class that often has more than 1 of a certain type of monster, ad groups of the same type will often be found.

• -Medium

Medium sized monsters go from 70 feet to around 600 feet, they are normally large animal like creatures, although examples of humanoid ones aren't rare, and a few are shaped and have attributes of plants, most dragon-titans fall under this.

• -Large

Large creatures go anywhere from 600 feet to around 3 miles, large creatures are mostly found as either flying, fortress, or ocean titans, and very few are humanoid.

• -Titan

The Titan class is made up of the largest creatures, from 3 miles stretching to nearly infinity, it's been said that some of the serpents in this class are close to 400 miles long, although anything larger than 40 miles generally has to be something that lives in the water, and so the titan class is mostly taken up with creatures of mountains size, or sea serpents, they are generally the most dangerous.

• -Fortress type

The fortress class is interesting, as it could be any size class (Bar small), and is categorized by having the unique distinction of having either Land or Building on them. They also are generally easily controlled, and tend to be docile and are therefor easy to live on, hunters don't slay them as they don't pose a threat.

However, certain types of monsters are known to control these fortresses, making them terrible threats to other ones, which have civilization on top of them.

THE WORLD

The world that this roleplay takes place in is fairly alike our own as far as geography and climate is concerned, with the exception of the Monsters and the various cultures. I won't list every culture and kingdom due to Space and Time restraints, so I'd like to implore you to make your own culture. Simply base it off a real-one if you like, or use one someone else has made. Of course, I'd like for you to follow the other guidelines I've set up for the world.

In addition, the era this takes place in would be akin to the Medieval Ages on earth, although certain technology has advanced in the past 50 years since people began harvesting the monsters and adapting their weapons and lives based on it.

One thing to note is where kingdoms and civilizations are founded, I implore you to look at the 'Fortress Class' Section above for more information.

YOU

• Now, you may ask, if people live in seeming peace on the backs of Titans, why do people risk their lives slaying creatures beyond their imagination?

Well...For some, it's the glory, for some it's simply the thrill, some people desire the power these monsters souls grant, some are simply roped into it.

The guild however, exists for a greater purpose. Throughout the past 300 years, it was founded by a descendant of the Great Hero by searching relentlessly for the weapon used to split the soul from The Origin, in order to fulfill the Heroes duty, and rid the world of the corruption the titans bring.

Well most in the guild doesn't really care about that, they all have their own reasons for slaying monsters, but I can assure you, most agree that it can be crazy amounts of fun.

I- actually remember this from when I first joined this site. Not sure if I expressed interest then, but I will now!

This looks sort of interesting, but I have no idea what any of the stuff looks like because the images are broken.

I get a sense of final fantasy meets monster hunter wih abit of darksouls thrown in. I love it

As I said. I need to re-collect the images I used as my "Monster" folder got deleted sometime ago, so I posted this without them.

Due to the interest, I suppose I will try to launch this again.

Are you solid on your monster sizes? because this is interesting but a monster 3 miles tall is 15,840 feet and that's just not practical on any scale for anything, let alone 400 miles.... I mean, I am so into this RP except the numbers are just so impractical. and a jump from 600 feet to 16,000 is hella substantial jump for one size category. just my opinion tho!

~appears out of the shadows eating a bowl of pipping hot ramen~ Tag me if this becomes a thing, I'm quite interested in this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back