• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern College and Then Some - OOC

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Other
Here
strength parameters.

Curl one Hand - Record 256lbs, Reuben 712lbs
Bench press- Record unassisted 885lbs, Reuben 2433lbs.
Squat press- Record unassisted 1080lbs, Reuben 3127lbs
Deadlift - Record* 1104lbs, Reuben 3305lbs.

does this look fair to you? It is pretty far from a marvel character but completely obliterates world records by about 3 fold making him by definition superhuman. He must intake calories to balance out the might he uses.

I can dial it up if you’d prefer and I have weaknesses and perks in mind already that will be reflected on the CS but does that all sound good to you?

*this record is held by Halfthor bjornson AKA the Mountain.​

Last edited:
strength parameters.

Curl one Hand - Record 256lbs, Reuben 712lbs
Bench press- Record unassisted 885lbs, Reuben 2433lbs.
Squat press- Record unassisted 1080lbs, Reuben 3127lbs
Deadlift - Record* 1104lbs, Reuben 3305lbs.

does this look fair to you? It is pretty far from a marvel character but completely obliterates world records by about 3 fold making him by definition superhuman. He must intake calories to balance out the might he uses.

I can dial it up if you’d prefer and I have weaknesses and perks in mind already that will be reflected on the CS but does that all sound good to you?

*this record is held by Halfthor bjornson AKA the Mountain.​
Take a look at Sean Reed in the Teachers list. I believe it I have him linked. He was one of the surviving vigilantes from a few years back. Olympus was his code name. His brother, Ironman, was stronger. So yes, Reuben is well within power limits. If anything, you could go a bit higher.

Also, watch for Duncan Moran. He’s the one who died. The guy is half the reason for a flood of new teachers. Nobel prizes. Reuben will get the impression the Duncan doesn’t like him. I can explain more later. He’s not some enemy. And he would be embarrassed if called on it.

Take a look at Sean Reed in the Teachers list. I believe it I have him linked. He was one of the surviving vigilantes from a few years back. Olympus was his code name. His brother, Ironman, was stronger. So yes, Reuben is well within power limits. If anything, you could go a bit higher.
What if instead of Dialing it up I balanced it out to effect his other physical attributes as well? Such as being able to outrun the fastest athletes, out jump, out throw etc. Like an across the board 3x multiplier called Super human Physique I guess?

Super soldier effect. That would work. There is one other character I am debating doing something like that with, though that is a lady. She’s been mentioned. Junkyard Jane. Still debating that though. I have a different idea for her as well involving environmental powers. Think Captain Planet. Lol.

Oh, it will be on his CS and a lot of people are keeping an eye on him, but Duncan is Vanguard. He is also the creator of a comic book and animated movie by the same name. The only reason that there is doubt is that he and Vanguard have been seen at the same time.

Super soldier effect. That would work. There is one other character I am debating doing something like that with, though that is a lady. She’s been mentioned. Junkyard Jane. Still debating that though. I have a different idea for her as well involving environmental powers. Think Captain Planet. Lol.

Oh, it will be on his CS and a lot of people are keeping an eye on him, but Duncan is Vanguard. He is also the creator of a comic book and animated movie by the same name. The only reason that there is doubt is that he and Vanguard have been seen at the same time.
If it helps you decide I’m fine with someone having the same power. Also If you want we can have Reuben have been the one wearing the Vanguard costume in one of their dual appearances. I think that’d be pretty cool. But imma go sleep it’s like 4 am here. Cs will be up tomorrow

Definitely a No about the costume. That was the real Vanguard armor. He wouldn’t trust anyone with that. It is world ending technology. He already regrets his Nobel Prize work. His first one made portable nuclear fusion possible, then fusion rockets. That is a precursor to Expanse type drives. Unfortunately it also makes hypersonic ground to space to ground ICBMs very possible.

Definitely a No about the costume. That was the real Vanguard armor. He wouldn’t trust anyone with that. It is world ending technology. He already regrets his Nobel Prize work. His first one made portable nuclear fusion possible, then fusion rockets. That is a precursor to Expanse type drives. Unfortunately it also makes hypersonic ground to space to ground ICBMs very possible.
But, but…those already are possible. Basically all hypersonic munitions go into space and use advanced glider tech to steer back down at hypersonic speeds.

And I totally understand about the suit.

So, if we’re allowed to make multiple characters, could we potentially make multiple students? Because I was thinking making one powerless vigilante character and then one with sort of elemental powers.

So, if we’re allowed to make multiple characters, could we potentially make multiple students? Because I was thinking making one powerless vigilante character and then one with sort of elemental powers.
Yes. But remember, this is low powered. I’d go with one element. Otherwise, no one else can make one without being a duplicate.

Yes. But remember, this is low powered. I’d go with one element. Otherwise, no one else can make one without being a duplicate.
Alright, sounds fair. Are there any elements that are currently taken?

Not by group members. If I have any of my characters with elemental powers, here is what I am thinking: (Doesn't mean I'll use them. Honestly, I will probably not have time to use most of these. The boldface ones are very likely though.)

One electrical: but only summons electricity. That is, he is the only target. (It isn't really the actual power, but how the power gets energy to be used.)

Possible witch (very debatable though, probably taking that character another route.

Fire (twins) - their father is a Teacher.

Fire (cameo unless drawn into longer roles. Friction causes her to burn. Like even waving her arms.)

Ice (this one is actually a villain. This is not a superhero RP though.

Ice (This one is a good guy, but really intended for NYC.)
Sound (close friend of the Ice guy. Also more for NYC.

Light (villainess sort. basically a femme fatale)

Light (sort of like Starfire .. though don't expect to see her blasting everything)
Gravity - self

Ok cool! I was thinking something more fire and/or volcanic based, but basically that they can’t handle those powers in their human form and have to transform into some kind of elemental form to use them.

First post is up. Not an especially inspiring post. More of a showcase of NPC's. But then everyone is going to have their own stories.

While I set the date a couple weeks into the semester, feel free to back up a little for those wanting to deal with things like dorms, Greek life, and other aspects of the college culture. For the most part I do want to stay on the same page chronology wise, but the introduction here is a bit more flexible.

Hooray for DMPC’s…
I’m sorry, but I don’t really want to have to constantly live in the shadow of these guys. And… it kinda seems like that’s what you’re setting up.

can i join

Attachments

• 68747470733a2f2f73332e616d617a6f6e6177732e636f6d2f776174747061642d6d656469612d736572766963652f...gif
    68747470733a2f2f73332e616d617a6f6e6177732e636f6d2f776174747061642d6d656469612d736572766963652f...gif
    1.8 MB · Views: 2

Users who are viewing this thread

Back