Coders Code

I just realized that background-size was a thing. At least now I don't have to resize all my pictures on photoshop? =D

background-size: 100% 100% has literally saved my life coding tbh.

Preach!

BTW... on your no image border tutorial... style="border:none;" works much better and doesn't have the effect of scaling the image oddly... -flees cause she's not trying to be mean-

Preach!

BTW... on your no image border tutorial... style="border:none;" works much better and doesn't have the effect of scaling the image oddly... -flees cause she's not trying to be mean-

that's never worked for me??? but i also like putting borders around my images so that's a huge reason why i do it that way.

plus i always use square images so it doesn't bother me how they scale as much??? ahah

Preach!

Well, I find that putting the image as a background is more helpful when doing things like using images as tab buttons or the like, because then it doesn't trigger the whole enlarge image thing. You can prevent the enlarge image by putting "pointer-events: none;", but then your tabs don't work, since you can no longer click the image. :\

Well, I find that putting the image as a background is more helpful when doing things like using images as tab buttons or the like, because then it doesn't trigger the whole enlarge image thing. You can prevent the enlarge image by putting "pointer-events: none;", but then your tabs don't work, since you can no longer click the image. :\

that's another reason i do it, it broke a scrollbox for me once when i didn't close it properly??? i fixed it later but it's had me a little bleh about using it ever since.

that's never worked for me??? but i also like putting borders around my images so that's a huge reason why i do it that way.

plus i always use square images so it doesn't bother me how they scale as much??? ahah

It works I promise and you can style borders in the img tag too.

Normal RPN

large.1429367068.jpg.9e5c364c7746dec2b6c9695d7c46e490.jpg

Modified

large.1429367068.jpg.9e5c364c7746dec2b6c9695d7c46e490.jpg

I don't use tabs... >_>;;

ooh, i don't use css as much as just in-line so that's probably where my problem was.

It's just in your tutorial for me the bg image version has it stretched out of proper proportion.  I use bg image all the time as needed, but I set the specific w/h with px and not by %.

It's just in your tutorial for me the bg image version has it stretched out of proper proportion.  I use bg image all the time as needed, but I set the specific w/h with px and not by %.

oh yeah, i know, i meant to fix that by fixing the dimensions, but i forgot to do it tbh?

That moment when you're too lazy to re-type out the code for tabs, so you just copy, paste, and edit the one that you posted in your own tutorial.

Am I too tired? >w>;;;

That moment when you're too lazy to re-type out the code for tabs, so you just copy, paste, and edit the one that you posted in your own tutorial.

Am I too tired? >w>;;;

I re-use code shells all the time.  We're all lazy potatoes....

Someone tell me if the scrollbars are okay in something other than chrome...

Speaking of ewolf.... when I made them a code, (s)he didn't even say thanks. In fact, they told me that I made some mistakes. I was like.... angry twitch. 

Also, I missed out on all the fun. What happens when you spend the entire day watching movies. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back