• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

smooshie

can't touch this
Full Name: Senara Hazel Bloom

Nickname(s): Ara, Sen, Bloomie

Height: 5'6"

Build: Narrow frame, slender shape, built for speed and flexibility over strength

Sexuality: Heteroromantic, Bisexual

Appearance:
x
x
x
Aesthetic:
x
x
x

Personality—

Personality Type: INFJ-A

Moral Alignment: Chaotic Good

Virtues:
- Nurturing
- Empathetic
- Whimsical

Vices:
- Reckless
- Volatile
- Unforgiving

History:
- 1 of 5 siblings; 3 older brothers and 1 younger sister. Excellent relationship with all her family members, but no one outside her immediate family supports her friendship with a vampire.
- Grew up on the family ranch that rests two hours outside of where she currently lives/is attending school and tries to visit every other weekend.
- Younger sister also attends the same college, but lives in a dorm with friends and they usually only see each other in passing or when visiting home on overlapping weekends.
- More to be revealed as the story progresses

Headcanons:
-Favorite season is Autumn
- In her last year of school as a graphic designer; currently freelances to help pay the bills and rent
- An excellent chef who knows how to make a dollar stretch and meals last; taught by her mother and grandmother
- Needs meat with every meal otherwise she becomes incredibly hangry irritable
-Loves sleeping outside on the balcony and has turned it into her own nook
-Allergic to flowers, cats, and silver
- Always wary around new people, but is a social butterfly among family and loved ones
- A book nerd who would rather spend her time in a local bookstore, sipping something warm, than party or do anything boisterous like her siblings
- Follows the same morning routine (wake, jog, eat, shower) but plays the rest of the day by ear
- A very touchy/hands on person with loves ones, but hates uninvited touches from strangers
- Terrified of thunder

Full Name: Everton Alexander Rose Winter

Nickname(s): Lex, Ver

Sexuality: Heteroromantic, demisexual

Appearance:
View attachment 963405
View attachment 963406
View attachment 963407
Aesthetic:
View attachment 963410
View attachment 963411
View attachment 963412
Personality—

Personality Type: ISFJ

Moral Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Virtues:
-Patient
-Compassionate
-Selfless

Vices:
-Anxious
-Pessimistic
-Blunt (to an extent)

History:
To be fed to you in bits as the rp progresses

Headcanons:
-Favorite color is yellow
-Is sharing rent with his best friend because his scholarship barely pays for his degree, he already works two jobs, and he’s scared of being alone
-Cannot cook, doesn’t even have time to learn
-Lives off instant ramen, toaster pastries, and energy drinks
-Sleeps on weekends
-Has an emotional support dog named Alstroemeria, Ally for short
-Not on good terms with his parents, hasn’t been in touch with them for a year
-Always has strawberry-flavored mints in his satchel
-Has filled up several journals with various stories- both fictional and nonfiction
-Has generalized anxiety and night terrors
6A3ADD07-14EC-46FD-91E4-54CB1B3FADF0.jpeg
63A1B1E1-B9DA-47EF-BE7B-66ADD329DE53.jpeg
D8E4E9A2-A3FF-4550-9102-E4FBCA8A8C5D.jpeg
6A5982D3-87B6-40AD-8C80-015C48F6B6EB.jpeg
96842D4E-5E3C-4408-A76C-B0030F9C248B.jpeg
8BA5A8D5-FC29-47A2-8C62-1FAE170F2971.jpeg

1a0ad9dd3b7ae5078cb45ccc9a98da7c.jpg

Senara Bloom

‘Spring sucks harder than a vampire.’

Condensation clouded glass as a pair of mossy eyes stared through it. Rising steam was the culprit; a warm mug of ginger and peppermint tea tucked between slender fingers. The tea was a gnarly concoction, but one of the few defenses Senara had against the copious amounts of pollen Spring always saw fit to release. The storm of spores was a direct onslaught against her sinuses and had cut her morning jog down from the usual forty minutes to just fifteen before she was forced back inside. A steamy shower had helped some, and the tea a little more, but the werewolf’s eyes and nose were still extremely sensitive.

‘And swollen.’ Senara quietly lamented. Dabbing at the bloated dark circles beneath her eyes, she recalled what little sleep she accumulated during the thunderstorm last night. Yet another reason to despise the season of ‘rebirth’. Taking another sip of her remedy, the pajama clad redhead glanced in the direction of her roommate’s closed bedroom. It was still early, but if he wasn’t already awake and hiding then he would be soon. Since it was a Saturday there weren’t any classes for the two of them and Senara had finished her latest work assignment before bed last night. That meant her day was completely open and with zero intentions of going outside, it left her with only one option:

Bug the bat.

Flipping her unruly curls up into a messy bun, Ara decided it was best to butter up her best friend with breakfast first. Making her way into the quaint kitchen, she set aside her tea before pulling out ingredients for a simple stack of fluffy pancakes complete with strawberry compote. A glass of red tinted orange juice accompanied it on the tray she carried to Lex’s door; the last remnants of jarred blood courtesy her family. He’d be fine until she went to visit them next weekend, hopefully.

Knuckles gently rapped against wood before Senara’s voice carried after them.

“Lex? Want some food?”

7BC6B22D-00AB-4315-B634-BCB2E4182CEE.jpeg
Everton Winter
‘Agenda for the day: hibernation.’

Everton stared up at the popcorn ceiling of the apartment that was technically only half-his, making a valiant attempt to think of pleasant things in order to lull himself to sleep. 200 years of no defined sleep schedule left him with circadian rhythms more disorderly than his brother’s dorm room. His only hope for sleep was the jar of low-dose melatonin gummies on his nightstand- glaringly empty as it had been for the past two months. He groaned, swinging his legs over the side of the bed to get up. ‘Might as well try to work on that five-page essay that isn’t due for another…two weeks.’ he shrugged, pulling his jacket over his shoulders and tight around himself. Even in spring he was freezing, most likely because of his naturally poor circulation and the fact that his body retained almost zero percent body fat.

His fingers were poised on the keyboard of his laptop, prepared to type up an essay he had only the ghost of an idea for, when a voice came from the other side of the door.

“Lex? Want some food?”

He scrambled up from his seat and nearly threw himself at the door. He could smell it through the creaking oak door: pancakes. Heavenly soft and delightfully warm pancakes, made by the best roommate a vampire could ever dream of. Everton took a breath before opening the door, smiling. “Good morning, Ara.” he spoke in his normal, quiet tone, his smile widening until the corners of his eyes crinkled. “I’m always up for Miss Bloom’s soon-to-be world famous pancakes. Thank you, really.” he accepted the tray with a grateful smile and a little bow, setting the tray on his desk before returning to the doorway.

“So, what have you come to discuss?” Everton crossed his arms, nose turned up. “You’re up to something.”

Senara Bloom

Ara.

That name had fallen from plenty of lips, but none compared to how it sounded on Everton’s. He spoke with a gentleness she had yet to encounter in anyone else and his smile was beyond infectious. Any attempt to stave off her own lips from curling in response was futile, but she felt no urge to try. In a season filled with nothing short of suffering, he was the only good thing to look forward to; a perfect roommate and a perfect friend. At least for an introvert like her.

“Good morning ~” She cooed, feeling an invisible vestige wag in his presence. Werewolves in this day and age didn’t transform fully into their canine counterparts anymore and she counted it as a blessing in scenarios like these. Allowing him to take the tray from her, she leaned to the side and offered his furry companion on the bed a friendly wave.

“And good morning to you, beautiful!”

Casting her green gaze at the vampire when he spoke again, the smile on Senara’s face twisted into something that tried to feign innocence. Folding her now empty hands behind her back, she rocked on her heels and offered a shrug.

“Up to what? You think there’s some ulterior motive behind wanting to keep my friend fed? As if I had plans to bribe him into spending time with me today? You don’t think I’m that lonely do you? Or that I’m so unwilling to take another foot outside, or that I have absolutely nothing on my agenda today and was hoping to bug you for some quality time or deep conversations?”

Rolling her eyes dramatically, she slowly slid a bare foot past the boundary of his door, sneaking it into his room.

“But since I’m here, I could always come in and see if you have anything new for me to read?”

439DF538-B761-400C-A853-63D8E3AA212F.jpeg
Everton Winter
Everton froze in the doorway, turning back to Alstroemeria, the fluffy canine sitting on his bed. She quirked her head, sensing a modicum of stress in her friend. Almost as if on cue, she sneezed, nodding towards the pile of journals at the foot of his bed. He smiled, fetching the first two from the very top. “I’ve got a story that needs proofreading and an article that I’d love for you to read.” he handed her the journals, one with a leather-bound cover, the other a light shade of pink.

The article is on the outdated-but-not-fully-gone supernatural hierarchy- specifically on the bits where vampires are divided into a class system that only benefits pure bloods and the social injustices of this system of stereotypes and monster classes that serves only to keep the rich and corrupt in power.“ he tapped the pink journal with a frown. “And the story is about a skinwalker who flees her community and finds sanctuary with human zookeepers who see her as a person and not a monstrosity. A little cheesy, but it’s wholesome.“ he tapped the leather-bound journal.

Everton returned to his desk, taking a breath before starting in on his breakfast. He hadn’t eaten since…when was it? He didn’t keep track, he ate when there was time between classes and his various job shifts. Not that he really needed to have anything other than blood, but his stomach sure appreciated it. He took a moment, eyes closed and his grin even wider on his face. “This is fantastic, Ara. I don’t know what I ever did to deserve you…“ he fought hard to take slow bites and savor the food, it was just- heavenly. Thank you, again.

Senara Bloom
Not one to forget her manners, Ara offered a quick ‘bless you’ in the support animal’s direction before her eyes followed Everton further into his room. Her spine straightened at the sight of him reaching towards a stack of journals and she began to shift from one foot to the other in anticipation of what he had to offer. A bibliophile through and through, the prospect of reading anything new always filled her with childish glee. Accepting the literary gems, her fingers slowly roamed over the leatherbound covers with careful appreciation.

“Cheesy and wholesome, my favorite. Especially when crafted by the talented hands of the ever elusive Everton Winter.”

Teasing the vampire with another smile that revealed a little fang, Senara’s foot lingered within the door frame. She was reluctant to leave and more tempted to run and jump on top of the vampire’s bed, claiming it as her nest while she enjoyed his new works, but there were subtle signs that her selfish impulses would do more harm than good right now. Much like Lex’s support animal, Ara could also sense stress within another creature and her friend seemed a little more on edge than usual. Even if he was doing a decent job covering it up with that charming smile.

“I know, I’m amazing. I’ll collect my fees one day.”

Of course she was teasing him more. Turning to leave, the werewolf hugged the journals tightly against her chest before facing back around. “It’s supposed to be a cold one so make sure you stay bundled up, ok?” The heat in the apartment was rarely high since her own body temperature often kept her warm. A second attempt to leave also proved futile as she yet again turned back in the doorway, offering up another lame excuse to stay a moment longer.

“And if you’re still hungry after that I can always make more. Seriously, it’s really no trouble.”

Thankfully she did find the willpower to properly leave this time, missing his presence as soon as she left it. Since nestling outside on the balcony wasn’t an option with her allergies already in such a state, the werewolf chose to cozy up in a corner of the couch instead and begin with the grim article before treating herself to the fantasy story after.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back