Closed.

call me rae

Closing this account

download_zpspsxvle6t.png

This thread is currently closed, a revamp is being worked on.

Last edited by a moderator:
Open for business! Sorry it took so long guys but the coding really kicked my butt ( thank to @lostviolence for giving me a nice foundation. sorry i had to change things but the previous codes kept getting missaligned when i changed info )

Anyway your welcome to start sending in applications for tutoring positions.

( if you wish to be a public tutor please also submit a previous roleplay you've run as well as a short overview of the plot for your roleplay. The plot can be anything that doesn't break the rules of this site. )

@Idea, @Elle Joyner @lostviolence @Xyshurondor @Grey @Demense @Vellichor @ProfessorSpy @Nyctophiliac @Sleipnir @Charcoal

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey everyone! @Idea here.

I`ll introduce myself as a fairly opinionated person while remaining very reasonable. I consider myself polite and understanding and believe that one`s understanding of a matter is a necessary step to make it properly done.

I have over the years indulged in several experiences of research, having written short stories, reviewed larger ones and, of course, rped.

My usual medium is fantasy or battle roleplays, though I`ve been more or less everywhere. My understandings apply in reaching to the fundamental aspects of things and connecting those to a pratical experience.

I can offer a supportive and dedicated tutoring, both individual and public.I will be using theoretical explanations, together with introductory and practice exercises. I will also be providing links and recommendations of literature and movies that can help a person immerse themselves more with their own vein.

The downsides for working with me are three. First, I have a rather irregular schedule and it´s nearly impossible for me to accurately predict how much time I`ll have in a week. However, I can promise at least 1 post per day, weekends excluded. Second, I have a tendency to name things by myself without looking up the technical terms. Whoever works with me should be aware that I may not be using the conventional terms, though I will provide explanations on what I mean by most things. Finally, I am hardly experienced with BBC coding, so that aspect will be difficult for me.

I intend to teach mostly on the intermediate and advanced levels

Roleplay I hosted: Girihad: A Yandere Roleplay

BBC Coding: Noragami: Descending Darkness (on my character)

1x1 sample: Fantasy - Vampiric Fantasy [with dark amethyst]

group sample:Detailed - God of Silver

Idea said:
Hey everyone! @Idea here.

I`ll introduce myself as a fairly opinionated person while remaining very reasonable. I consider myself polite and understanding and believe that one`s understanding of a matter is a necessary step to make it properly done.

I have over the years indulged in several experiences of research, having written short stories, reviewed larger ones and, of course, rped.

My usual medium is fantasy or battle roleplays, though I`ve been more or less everywhere. My understandings apply in reaching to the fundamental aspects of things and connecting those to a pratical experience.

I can offer a supportive and dedicated tutoring, both individual and public.I will be using theoretical explanations, together with introductory and practice exercises. I will also be providing links and recommendations of literature and movies that can help a person immerse themselves more with their own vein.

The downsides for working with me are three. First, I have a rather irregular schedule and it´s nearly impossible for me to accurately predict how much time I`ll have in a week. However, I can promise at least 1 post per day, weekends excluded. Second, I have a tendency to name things by myself without looking up the technical terms. Whoever works with me should be aware that I may not be using the conventional terms, though I will provide explanations on what I mean by most things. Finally, I am hardly experienced with BBC coding, so that aspect will be difficult for me.

I intend to teach mostly on the intermediate and advanced levels

Roleplay I hosted: Girihad: A Yandere Roleplay

BBC Coding: Noragami: Descending Darkness (on my character)

1x1 sample: Fantasy - Vampiric Fantasy [with dark amethyst]

group sample:Detailed - God of Silver

Awesome intro adding you up. Just to clarify you wish to be both a public and private tutor yes? Do you have a preference for which level of public tutoring you do? ( advanced, beginner, intermediate )

readingraebow said:
Awesome intro adding you up. Just to clarify you wish to be both a public and private tutor yes? Do you have a preference for which level of public tutoring you do? ( advanced, beginner, intermediate )
Yes, public and private, and the levels I`d like to tutor are advanced and intermediate. I won`t mind teaching beginner level either, though.

Idea said:
Yes, public and private, and the levels I`d like to tutor are advanced and intermediate. I won`t mind teaching beginner level either, though.
Awesome I'll edit the front right now. Although I think I wasn't clear I was actually asking what roleplays you would be running right now? An intermediate or advanced one? And do you have a plot in mind for the roleplay? As I said previously it can be anything. All I need is just a short overview to put in the class section so people can sign up if interested.

readingraebow said:
Awesome I'll edit the front right now. Although I think I wasn't clear I was actually asking what roleplays you would be running right now? An intermediate or advanced one? And do you have a plot in mind for the roleplay? As I said previously it can be anything. All I need is just a short overview to put in the class section so people can sign up if interested.
Hmmm.... I didn`t quite understand that I`d have to run a roleplay for this.

Idea said:
Hmmm.... I didn`t quite understand that I`d have to run a roleplay for this.
Yeah the public tutoring is a practice roleplay run by you with four students in each roleplay. You would go through and review posts in the roleplay for the skills they wished to improve or whatever skills are needed for the detailed level. So post length, spelling and grammar, character development, etc.

The idea is to give them a hands on opportunity to improve their skills rather than just linking guides or reviewing past roleplay posts, character sheets, etc.

Now the private tutoring as I've said is pretty much run however you want.

readingraebow said:
Yeah the public tutoring is a practice roleplay run by you with four students in each roleplay. You would go through and review posts in the roleplay for the skills they wished to improve or whatever skills are needed for the detailed level. So post length, spelling and grammar, character development, etc.
The idea is to give them a hands on opportunity to improve their skills rather than just linking guides or reviewing past roleplay posts, character sheets, etc.

Now the private tutoring as I've said is pretty much run however you want.
Hmmm...I see. I`ll have to think about it. It´d help to know the styles of the students beforehand, but I`ll manage to come up with something even if I don`t have it.

Idea said:
Hmmm...I see. I`ll have to think about it. It´d help to know the styles of the students beforehand, but I`ll manage to come up with something even if I don`t have it.
What do you mean styles? Like their literacy level? Or samples of their posts? As intermediate classes do require the student to submit a writing sample. And advanced classes the students need to submit two areas that they wish to improve in. But your welcome to ask them for additional items as well for your class. For instance if a writing sample would be helpful for you in running your roleplay you can ask your students to give you one. That's perfectly fine.

If you mean something like genres remember this is. Ore or less a class so just create a plot that either you think would be easy to build on - or at least that you have some ideas to build on and the people can pick which plot they like from the selections.

In advanced classes I'd just go with a more generic plot that you can customize based on whatever your students need help with specifically.

If you need some suggestions I'm happy to help you brainstorm

readingraebow said:
What do you mean styles? Like their literacy level? Or samples of their posts? As intermediate classes do require the student to submit a writing sample. And advanced classes the students need to submit two areas that they wish to improve in. But your welcome to ask them for additional items as well for your class. For instance if a writing sample would be helpful for you in running your roleplay you can ask your students to give you one. That's perfectly fine.
If you mean something like genres remember this is. Ore or less a class so just create a plot that either you think would be easy to build on - or at least that you have some ideas to build on and the people can pick which plot they like from the selections.

In advanced classes I'd just go with a more generic plot that you can customize based on whatever your students need help with specifically.

If you need some suggestions I'm happy to help you brainstorm
I mean styles as in the kind of writing they make. For example, I`ve been asked to tutor someone private recently, and after getting a writing sample (so I guess if I`ll be getting those I should be able to figure it out) I found that person`s way with words was most fitting and common in the thriller and horror genres.

It´s hard to tell what a writing style is exactly, because it encompasses many things and is extremely difficult to identify your own.

I`m thinking something up, I`ll get back to you later tonight. Thanks for the offer though!

Idea said:
I mean styles as in the kind of writing they make. For example, I`ve been asked to tutor someone private recently, and after getting a writing sample (so I guess if I`ll be getting those I should be able to figure it out) I found that person`s way with words was most fitting and common in the thriller and horror genres.
It´s hard to tell what a writing style is exactly, because it encompasses many things and is extremely difficult to identify your own.

I`m thinking something up, I`ll get back to you later tonight. Thanks for the offer though!
Not a problem. Let me know if you have any more questions

Ok, so I came up with an advanced level roleplay I'd like to run. While I'll leave an open room for world building, I have a few things I am set on:

*the genres will be fantasy, battle and romance

*It will be in detailed format

*the plot will be about a group of people trapped inside a city under attack by an army of monstrous creatures. while some are tryonto fight back from inside the city, others are already making the preparations for it's fall. And one rumour is that spread thar a tunnel was found, a way to truly escape...It's a race against time with each character trying to solve the mystery to stay alive...

*the rp will use my "info stockpile" system

Idea said:
Ok, so I came up with an advanced level roleplay I'd like to run. While I'll leave an open room for world building, I have a few things I am set on:
*the genres will be fantasy, battle and romance

*It will be in detailed format

*the plot will be about a group of people trapped inside a city under attack by an army of monstrous creatures. while some are tryonto fight back from inside the city, others are already making the preparations for it's fall. And one rumour is that spread thar a tunnel was found, a way to truly escape...It's a race against time with each character trying to solve the mystery to stay alive...

*the rp will use my "info stockpile" system
Alright I'll add the plot up when I get to work.

Yo,

@Thorn Darkblade here.
Who am I? A long time member of RPNation, formerly RPZone, formerly RPDom, formerly patternspider/Exalted Compendium Redux (well, part of RPNation was, at least). Needless to say, I've been around a while. I've been RPing since I was 10, back in the early 90's days of screechy dial up internet, seedy chatrooms, and angelfire fan RP forums (it was indeed a dark age), which currently puts me at 19 years of experience.

What do I specialize in? Dice systems, mostly. Haven't done freeform in ages, but I did a long time ago. Still, I prefer dice based these days. My biggest ones are D&D, Exalted, and L5R, with a bit of love for some other systems, like World of Darkness and BESM. However, don't let that scare you off! If you've ever been curious about dice-based, I'm the one to talk to.

Any downsides? Severe ADHD. Seriously, if I vanish, poke me, and I'll give you my dedicated attention, but, if I catch a message right before I sleep, I'll forget it before morning.

A few of my current games:

D&D Adventurer's League (5th Ed D&D Just started!)

Ad Astra Per Aspera (Sci Fi BESM game)

Hi! My name's CloudyBlueDay, but that's a big ol' hunk of username, so you can call me Cloudy! I am a former staff member of RPN avid roleplayer since age nine, and excitement enthusiast. WOOOOOOOOOOO

I'm a very bouncy, talkative, happy person, and I simply adore the fantasy genre. You'll find I kind of live there. I'm cool with anything, happy to talk, and excited to roleplay all the time! I'm kind of famous for taking on a crap ton of roleplays at once, because I am homeschooled and have quite a bit of free time. My record is 17 active roleplays at once, haha. Don't do that. ._.,,,

My specialties are

• Detailed Roleplaying
  • Group Roleplays
  • BBCoding
  • Preventing the Death of Roleplays
  • GMing
  • and Character Creation/Development.

My favorite genre, as stated previously, is Fantasy, though I have dabbled in fandom, sci-fi, and modern/realistic. I've not yet dabbled in the Coliseum or Nation Building, so I don't think I'd be teaching things about those forums.

The downsides about working with me are that I am a fairly young RPer, still in my teenage years, and while I have lots of experience you might have to go easy on me just because of my age. I've also not participated in 1x1 roleplays for quite some time, and if I am in one it's just with close friends, so I'm a bit rusty there.

Here are some examples of my work.

Character + Coding example - The Hunger Games: Reignited - Charlotte Grouser

My own ongoing roleplay(s) - Space Dragons, A Time of Myth

Some roleplays I am currently participating in - Sanctuary, Almost Mighty

Looking forward to working with you!
:)

@Thorn Darkblade[/URL] here.
Who am I? A long time member of RPNation, formerly RPZone, formerly RPDom, formerly patternspider/Exalted Compendium Redux (well, part of RPNation was, at least). Needless to say, I've been around a while. I've been RPing since I was 10, back in the early 90's days of screechy dial up internet, seedy chatrooms, and angelfire fan RP forums (it was indeed a dark age), which currently puts me at 19 years of experience.

What do I specialize in? Dice systems, mostly. Haven't done freeform in ages, but I did a long time ago. Still, I prefer dice based these days. My biggest ones are D&D, Exalted, and L5R, with a bit of love for some other systems, like World of Darkness and BESM. However, don't let that scare you off! If you've ever been curious about dice-based, I'm the one to talk to.

Any downsides? Severe ADHD. Seriously, if I vanish, poke me, and I'll give you my dedicated attention, but, if I catch a message right before I sleep, I'll forget it before morning.

A few of my current games:

D&D Adventurer's League (5th Ed D&D Just started!)

Ad Astra Per Aspera (Sci Fi BESM game)

CloudyBlueDay said:
Hi! My name's CloudyBlueDay, but that's a big ol' hunk of username, so you can call me Cloudy! I am a former staff member of RPN avid roleplayer since age nine, and excitement enthusiast. WOOOOOOOOOOO

I'm a very bouncy, talkative, happy person, and I simply adore the fantasy genre. You'll find I kind of live there. I'm cool with anything, happy to talk, and excited to roleplay all the time! I'm kind of famous for taking on a crap ton of roleplays at once, because I am homeschooled and have quite a bit of free time. My record is 17 active roleplays at once, haha. Don't do that. ._.,,,

My specialties are

• Detailed Roleplaying
  • Group Roleplays
  • BBCoding
  • Preventing the Death of Roleplays
  • GMing
  • and Character Creation/Development.

My favorite genre, as stated previously, is Fantasy, though I have dabbled in fandom, sci-fi, and modern/realistic. I've not yet dabbled in the Coliseum or Nation Building, so I don't think I'd be teaching things about those forums.

The downsides about working with me are that I am a fairly young RPer, still in my teenage years, and while I have lots of experience you might have to go easy on me just because of my age. I've also not participated in 1x1 roleplays for quite some time, and if I am in one it's just with close friends, so I'm a bit rusty there.

Here are some examples of my work.

Character + Coding example - The Hunger Games: Reignited - Charlotte Grouser

My own ongoing roleplay(s) - Space Dragons, A Time of Myth

Some roleplays I am currently participating in - Sanctuary, Almost Mighty

Looking forward to working with you!
:)

Awesome apps guys just to clarify our you guys looking to do group or private tutoring?

[/SPOILER]

I'll do group. I'm actually working on making one of my current games into a Hosted Project that lower level adventures would be perfect to integrate teaching dice-based RP to folks through. D&D specifically, so, teams of 5.

[QUOTE="Thorn Darkblade]I'll do group. I'm actually working on making one of my current games into a Hosted Project that lower level adventures would be perfect to integrate teaching dice-based RP to folks through. D&D specifically, so, teams of 5.

[/QUOTE]
Alright I'll put the link in the advanced section if you can give me a brief description

CloudyBlueDay said:
Group for me! I'm happy to make a new rp for some peeps.
Alright would you prefer beginniner, imtermediate, advanced group.

Also I'll need an overview of the plot to post so students know what it's about

readingraebow said:
Alright would you prefer beginniner, imtermediate, advanced group.
Also I'll need an overview of the plot to post so students know what it's about
Intermediate to Advanced, please!

Ah, well, until further notice, it could just be a freeform fantasy world, focusing more on having the students add to the plot then having a strict one. ^_^

CloudyBlueDay said:
Intermediate to Advanced, please!
Ah, well, until further notice, it could just be a freeform fantasy world, focusing more on having the students add to the plot then having a strict one. ^_^
Lol they're two different things. Intermediate is where you teach students how to meet the requirements for Detailed roleplays. So three paragraph per post, fleshing out the plot and characters. Advanced let's the students tell you what they want to work on. It's also where you give them ad ice on world building and running roleplays.

For fantasy to you mean a made up world or fantasy based in the real world ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back