• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern (Closed) When it all falls down...

Characters
Here
Marco

As soon as Haru freed him he jumped up and smiled cheerfully. Quickly he grabbed the phone and looked down at it with a grin. "I know the timing sucks, but hey Lo. Guess what I got back? Head trauma cures amnesia! Who knew, right?" He groaned at the headache he had as Haru bossed him around. "Yeah, yeah. Here, take it." With a small grin Marco placed the phone in Haru's hand and looked around the shack. There wasn't much save for a baseball bat, but that was better than nothing.

He took a deep breath to prepare himself for the cold once more. He tossed his backpack back on before opening the door to reveal the bright light of morning. "Shit." Quietly he winced before stepping outside. The woman had a vehicle, a truck from the looks of it. "We just gotta follow the tracks, right?" Marco gave a small nod before stepping through the thick snow to follow the tracks.

Gillian

As Ava and Gillian brainstormed the numbers he let out a disgruntled groan. "Guns would be useful but I've been shot before, and that's even if she could land a shot. Let's say we scope out Hannah, I go out there and fight her. Knock out Hannah, trace her tracks to Haru and Marco." He gave Ava's hand a small squeeze and shot her a gentle smile. "Let's just go try these new dates, I'm sure one of them has to work."

Gillian stood to his feet and shot a disapproving glare at Callie and Slade. "Tell her she's not leaving since she's not listening to me. We'll save them but you're not sacrificing yourself." Once upstairs Gillian began to work on the new list of numbers. "Do you have any suggestions on how to save them? Me running in I'm sure isn't an option and Callie leaving isn't an option, we're running out of decisions."

Ava

"I mean the thing is, provided there is guns in the safe, we should have the upper hand on Hannah. Sure she seems to have friends, but she's come here alone. And considering she asked that Callie come alone she doesn't have the back up readily available. I'm sure Sullivan is treating her as expendable as well." Ava spoke plainly as the pair sat in front of the safe and began trying the new list of numbers. "I mean we gave her the fucking truck too. Fuck." Ava wasn't the one who got angry, she was always the calm collected one. But now? Right now she was upset! Why could they never just be left alone?! Why did this jackass think he got to run everything? Plus how dare he constantly be chasing down his kids! Just let them live their lives! "I want to say I don't believe her but... we can't chance her hurting Marco and Haru if she does have them."

"Honestly Gil, I think if anyone goes it has to be me, right? I mean if she gets her slimy little hands on Slade again she will get what she wants. Callie or you go and you're risking Sullivan getting a hold on you guys again." Ava smiled and put in another number, "I'm nothing to either of them." As she spoke the lock clicked into place and she was able to turn the handle. "Ah! Look!"

Ava could have nearly jumped for joy as the safe opened and revealed its contents. It wasn't the arsenal they were hoping for but a handful of hunting rifles and a hand gun, plus a compact bow. "We did it!" Ava leaned over and tossed her arms around Gillian's shoulders in an huge hug as a giant smile took over her previously scowling face. "I dont have a lot of experience but I could use one of these and just sneak out to wherever she is hiding them! It shouldn't be that hard right?"

Lo

"Wait what happened?!" Lo had been hoping for a like oh sorry we forgot to check in, our bad, type of response. Not a we have been attacked going to chase down the person who attacked us type of response. "S-Shit, are you okay?" On the other end of the phone she could hear rustling and the two talking between themselves before Marco chimed in. Lo was too stunned to respond and before she knew it the Haru and Marco were talking about leaving. "W-Wait! Is that the best idea? If she drove we can just find a suitable car and follow you guys out there?" The connection was going fuzzy and she wasn't sure if they could hear her anymore.

"Listen to me you two, stay safe and we're going to head out as well. Just.. try and check back in if you find anything ok?" Lo's voice dripped with concern as she phone went dead and she clicked the end call button. She looked over to Drake and sighed. "Well, let's get some shit together and head down to the parking garage."

Slade

"C-Callie! Slow down." Slade caught the hand that had been holding his cheek as she moved to walk away towards the door. "Just calm down and let's think about this okay? There's always another way." He squeezed her hand and pulled her back over to him as Gillian and Ava returned upstairs and Gillian shot a look in his direction. Slade couldn't help but scowl, shouldn't Gillian know Slade better by now? Of course he wouldn't let her leave.

"Please, just come sit ok?" Slade turned and led her towards the couch, not letting her hand go even as he sat down. "Listen it makes me sick that someone I thought was my friend is doing this to us but it would kill me if I let you go out there. Not to sound crass or anything Callie but you barely can handle to cold out in the greenhouse, you think walking to your own kidnapping will go well?"

Slade pushed a hand through his dark hair before taking her hand in both of his and holding it up against his lips as his head sunk slightly. "I just don't want you in danger ever again. I already feel like a failure for not protecting you from the threats back then, please don't make me feel like one again. We can find another way to save Haru and Marco but this just isn't it."

Gillian Montgomery

"My father will kill her as soon as he hands over my sister, everyone is disposable in his eyes. Either way the woman is going to die." He was banking on guns being in the safe, he was an expert marksman. He could snipe Hannah as soon as she revealed herself. That wouldn't help them find Haru or Marco though. He couldn't help but scoff. This situation was frustrating as hell. "Our only way out of this is to kill her, and the thought of sending you in place of Callie just makes me even more uncomfortable." Unless she was prepared for a confrontation with Hannah? They didn't have much time on their hands but he could teach her a few moves that even a soldier couldn't escape.

"I wouldn't send you alone. I'd-" Like his prayers had been answered the door to the safe finally opened. Gillian smiled slightly and gave Ava a tight hug as his eyes went over the guns in the safe, one of the rifles having a nice scope on it. It wasn't a sniper by any means but it was good enough for distance. "You're not going without any cover, I'll stay far behind with a rifle. She won't notice me, trust me. You go with a gun, do not try and take her alive. She's clearly deranged and delusional and you have to make it out alive. I..." Gillian let out a soft sigh and returned to his stern gaze. "I'm not losing you again, okay?"

He squeezed her again in his strong arms before picking up the rifle with a scope, slinging it across his back before nodding at the safe. "Pick out a gun and meet me downstairs. I need to teach you how to escape and subdue someone." With that said Gillian ran down the stairs and looked at Slade and Callie. "Ava's going, I'll be covering her. We bundle her up in winter gear, make sure her hairs hidden, and we can pass her off as Callie. Hannah will take her to the hideout, I'll follow and take out Hannah." Gillian slid his hand through his blonde hair with a small sigh. This all had to have an end to it, right? Preferably one where none of their friends died.

Callie Montgomery

No matter how much Callie tried to free her grasp from Slade he wouldn't let her go. He kept insisting there was another way but the longer they dallied the more at risk their friends were! He insisted that she sat with him and he gave her no choice but to follow and sit next to him, a small aggravated huff passing her lips in protest. Callie had survived this long, and she was good at negotiations. She was sure she could come to some semblance of an agreement with Hannah. No one was this crazy, right?

"You've made me strong enough to face my fears Slade. If I could just get to Hannah I'm sure I can talk some sense into her, I can brave the cold to help our friends. You're always so strong and brave why can't I be that for once?" Gently she leaned her head on his shoulder with a defeated sigh. "I'm just scared, if Gillian takes charge of this rescue mission Hannah isn't going to make it out alive. I don't want to see anyone else get her, not even her. She's your friend."

The timing that Gillian came barreling down the staircase was perfect, Callie straightened herself up and looked back at her brother. He had a gun with a scope on his back and a determined look in his eye. What was he saying? Ava going? "I don't like that idea either..." Callie sighed once more. "She's okay with this? I mean I know you'll keep her safe, I just..." Callie didn't want to see Hannah get hurt either, but if it came down to her friends over Hannah she knew which choice she'd make.

Ava

Ava went to plead her case further but thankfully it seemed like Gillian was going to allow her to go which stunned her speechless. She was even more shocked when he pulled her into a big hug, normally when she hugged him he would respond with a scoff and just go along with the motions. "Y-You won't. Promise. Plus, like you said. I'll have you right?" She couldn't help but admit she was slightly scared of the idea of confronting Hannah face to face but she knew just as well as Gillian did that she had a better chance of coming out unharmed than Callie did. "Pick one out?" Before he said much else he was grabbing the rifle and heading downstairs, leaving Ava staring wide eyed at the open safe. She had never held a gun before let alone thought of using one! It took her a few minutes of carefully inspecting each one before finally deciding on a lightweight handgun... it seemed the easiest to not screw up.

Downstairs she found Gillian telling the other two about their plan and gave Callie a reassuring smile as she questioned her brother. "It was my idea actually. Hannah has no real scope on me, the only person my existence seems to bother is Sullivan and that's only because Gil disobeyed him. Essentially I don't matter to their plan." She shrugged and placed her gun on the table before moving over to the coat rack full of sweaters and coats. Ava pulled on a hoodie and a large coat as well as a pair of wool socks before shoving her feet into some snow boots. "Hannah will be so excited she got Callie that she won't even notice at first that I'm not you. As long as I stay quiet. I didn't last for months in that fucking hospital just to let this love struck little loser hurt me, don't worry okay?"

Once she was done bundling up, Ava grabbed her gun and headed out back with Gillian for him to show her how to safely use it and go over their full plan.

-

After an hour or so of preparing it was finally time for them to head out. Ava would leave the house first, fully disguised, then Gillian would follow after from a distance, keeping an eye on her from afar. Slade was in charge of making sure Callie didn't do anything drastic and keeping her away from the windows in case Hannah seemed to be hanging around.

"I didn't think I would be nervous." Ava sighed as she stood by the front door with Gillian, bundled up and about to tuck her hair into a scarf and hat. The gun was tucked into her boot with the safety on and a pocket knife hidden up her sleeve, her hands were already shaking despite not even leaving yet. "W-Well let's go." Ava reached for the door handle but paused and turned back to Gillian, grabbing him by his own scarf and yanking him down to her level, planting a quick kiss on his cheek before pulling away and opening the door, speaking as she had his back to him. "I trust you Gil..."

Outside the wind was instantly hurting her face as she pulled the scarf up higher on her face before closing the door and heading out into the woods. It wasn't long until she felt eyes on her, eyes that made a chill run down her spine. Soon after she broke into the treeline someone grabbed her from behind and yanked a pillow case over her head as they tied her wrists together.

Haru

After escaping from the shack Marco and Haru used the trees and shrubbery and heavy winter snow to help hide them. They laid low, but the whole time she couldn't get her mind off of her friends leaving the hospital. It wasn't snowing, but the unknown in the woods and the fucking psychopath walking around terrified her. Drake was JUST out of his cast, and don't even get her started on Lo! Travel was not recommended, but Haru knew better than to argue with the two of them once they set their mind to something.

It had been a good hour of wandering around when Haru made herself a promise. If she had died she would have never been able to tell Drake how she felt, that was the only thing that weighed on her at this point. She was going to tell Drake how she felt about him. Part of her felt like he felt the same way, but then there was that nagging voice in the back of her head saying he was Lo's husband and she should have stayed away. But Haru didn't live life holding back, that's not how she lived her life. Mentally she noted to apologize to Lo for being such a bad friend.

"Shit Marco is that a house?" Suddenly her heart started to race. Callie was around here, which meant the rest of the crew was around here. Did Hannah get here already? There were fresh tracks in the snow but only one and those were headed towards the woods. Were they too late? "We gotta go see them." Without waiting she sprinted across the front yard and darted for the door. Not wanting to knock and terrify them in a split decision her hand threw the door open and Haru found herself standing and panting. Her hand pulled off her hat, pulled her mask down, and looked around at the others. "Don't shoot it's just me and Marco. Has that psycho been by yet?"

Callie Montgomery

The whole hour Callie nervously bit at her nails as she paced the living room. It did not feel good having her good friend do something so dangerous in place of Callie, and she tried her best to not voice her dislikes on the matter. Ava had her reasons for doing this and on paper things were in their favor. But when it came to someone so crazy working with her father? Everything was possible with this and that terrified the young blonde. Every few minutes she thought to sneak away, to crawl out the small bathroom mirror or out a window of their bedroom onto the roof or something. Gillian promised Ava's safety, and she knew that if she disappeared that she'd only hurt Slade.

So there Callie stood, far away from the door and the closed windows as she watched her friend disappear. Ava had been gone for a few minutes while Callie mindlessly fiddling with her wedding ring, tears welling up in her eyes. "This wait is going to kill me, you should have just sent me out." For the first time in over an hour she piped up and stood near Slade, avoiding eye contact with the man. "What if she doesn't lead us to Marco and-" And, just like that, the door flung open and someone was bursting through. Was this it? Without thinking she reached out and squeezed his hand, half expecting to die.

"Haru?" And Marco? Hannah wouldn't have let them go, not this quickly if at all. Quickly Callie ran over and gave her freezing friend a tight hug. "Now we just need Ava away from her, I'm so sorry you guys got mixed up in all of this."

Gillian Montgomery

The ultimate decision had been made; Gillian would trail Ava and Hannah, and Slade was tasked with the duty of watching Callie. That left all of Gillian's attention on Ava's training. In such a short time frame he made sure she could get away from most restraining positions, something Hannah wouldn't be expecting. It still made him nervous. In regards to the gun he couldn't necessarily take her shooting in their predicament but he made sure she knew how to fire it, thankfully it was small, easy to hide, and easy to use.

"I'll be right behind you. Just breath, and focus. It'll be okay." Was he trying to assure her or himself? If Gillian had been walking out into danger he wouldn't have a trace of fear in his system. Sending Ava out? That was making his heart beat out of his chest. The goal was to keep Ava safe, he was sure he would be able to track Haru and Marco down if anything happened. His face went red as she pulled him down and planted her warm lips on his cheek. When this was done he was going to ask her to be his, this he was sure of.

Ava was gone and Gillian was glued to the window. His eyes never left her, not until she disappeared into the woods. He waited a few more moments before he fixed his winter gear, grabbed the gun, and pat Slade on the shoulder since Callie seemed to avoid him. "Thanks for holding down the fort. I suppose I could've gotten a worse brother-in-law." With that he was off through the back door, laying low within the tree line. He looked through the scope to see the tracks and noticed two figures darting across the yard. It was bright, he could see that hit was Haru and Marco.

Well that made this mission a lot easier. His heart beat anxiously as he focused on Ava's tracks and followed them to where they met up with another set of tracks. It didn't seem Ava struggled but it was apparent that Hannah got her from behind, probably to make sure she couldn't see where they were going. Gun in hand Gillian trudged through the deep snow to follow the tracks. The tracks he followed were fresh so he made sure to be silent.

Marco

The whole time they traveled Marco felt more diligent and aware than he was a few hours ago. He was also far more worried than he was before. Lo and Drake were leaving? Nervously he fiddled with the phone in his pocket. His inner monologue told him to call them and tell them to stay put, that leaving wasn't a good idea, but they were both so stubborn and he knew not to argue with Lo. "Wait, Haru. Where are you going?!" What had happened when he zoned out? "How do you know that's them?!" What the fuck?!

Marco sprinted after her, trying to stop her from approaching the strange house. But she didn't even bother to knock and Marco nearly crashed into her at the entrance. "Holy shit, Slade and Callie?" Immediately his face lit up. That meant that Ava and Gillian were here, too. Quickly he whipped out the phone and dialed for Lo, his heart beating anxiously in his ears. This was good news. "Lo we've found where everyone's been hold up. I-" It took a moment for him to process what Callie had said.

"She's got Ava? I'm-uh, that's reckless, but I get it. Anyway, I'm going to come get you and Drake so I can lead you here." Marco wasn't going to be able to rest knowing that the two were navigating through the woods alone.

Lo

"W-What? I can't really hear you Marco." Lo pulled the blanket tighter around her head as her and Drake drove down the small path in the trees, it was clear that when there wasn't feet of snow on the ground this must have been a dirt road leading somewhere. There was also signs of recent tire tracks in this direction, she still wasn't sure if that was a good or a bad thing. They had found a Jeep in the parking garage with Drake's oddly large amount of criminal knowledge they were able to hot wire it to get it moving. It had gas thank god but no topper, thus the need to keep warm. "Marco? Are you still there?" As Lo messed with the phone to try and pick up the signal better the Jeep suddenly pulled into a clearing and they got a very welcome sight in the distance.

It was a farmhouse but even from a little ways back Lo recognized the people on the front porch. "Drake! Good job my guy!" She reached over and socked him in the arm before holding up the phone to her ear again and chuckling as Marco mentioned coming to look for them. Soon enough they pulled up to the house, "No need!" Lo yelled the response to Marco's comment over to the porch as Drake turned off the car and she opened the passenger door, turning slightly to look at the others.

"Why do you all look so damn somber? Whats going on?"

Slade

"Callie, I know. I don't want anyone hurt any more than you do but... this was the most low risk option. As Ava said, Hannah has no real reason to hurt her if she finds out she got duped. Plus once she's in there they can all help each other right?" Slade looked down but she was still avoiding looking him in the eyes, "Callie..." He moved to brush some of her hair when he was stunned by her finally looking up and speaking. "If that happens we can handle it. Gillian and I aren't the best of friends but I know he's fully competent at handling this. Hannah... isn't the person I thought she was but I know she's less skilled in combat than Gillian."

Slade went to say more but suddenly the door was thrown open and his heart jumped into his throat, Callie on the other hand went running before his brain could even process that it was Haru and Marco standing in the doorway. "Jesus Callie!" He wanted to scold her but he couldn't blame her for being excited to see the others, hell even he was ready to finally let go a sigh of relief until he tuned into what they were saying.

"Wait, Haru, Ava and Gillian aren't with you guys?" Slade ran a hand through his hair in frustration. "Fuck. Well come in guys, get warm." Slade moved to let them into the living room but was soon on high alert again as headlights pulled into the yard. Thankfully soon he heard a familiar voice yell out and he was able to breath again. "You guys are going to kill me I swear."

Ava

The pillowcase stayed on her head the entire time they walked and was still on now as she presumed they were inside of a cabin. Ava had heard a door open and shut and thankfully it was much less cold now as she was forced to sit down on what was likely a couch. Across the room she could hear Hannah on the phone with someone, letting them know she would be heading out as soon as it was safer to drive in the woods, right now it was still too dark. After a while Ava made out the sound of footsteps nearing her and began preparing for the worst when a chilling laugh made a shiver run down her spine before a hard slap went across her face that stung even under the material of the pillow case.

Hannah let out another laugh before Ava heard the girl walk away and slam the door behind her. Ava shook off the pain for a moment and took the time to slide the blade out from her sleeve and work on cutting the ropes around her wrists before yanking the pillow case off her head and looking around.

They were in a small cabin and multiple guns were on the table that made Ava take a deep breath. Jesus Hannah was literally insane! Avan turned and looked outside, Hannah was out there working on loading up a truck but there was no sign of Marco and Haru out there... or in here. What in the hell was going on?

Drake

"Don't PUNCH me." Drake growled as he pulled the key out of the ignition and tossed it in the center console of the car as the others came outside and he jumped out of the car. Lo was already being loud which wasn't surprising but.. you know. He moved over to the other side of the car to pull Lo out from where she sat and hoisted her up on his back before heading inside. "If someone could grab her chair that would be great."

Drake set her down on the couch before finally letting go a sigh of relief now that they were in the warmth and with the others again. "Why would Ava and Gillian be with Haru and Marco?" Drake pulled off his jacket and turned to face Slade with a raised brow. "And Marco why did you say anything about head trauma on the radio? Did you fall or something?" Drake felt so entirely confused by everything that was happening. What in the fuck happened between the hospital and the house for Marco and Haru?

Drake looked over at Haru with concern, she looked okay, obviously cold but not much more. At least when she was all still bundled up.

Callie

From what Gillian told the group they wouldn't have to worry about Hannah anymore, but he never went into any specifics. When the snow began to melt they traveled closer to the border to America and found an abandoned travel lodge deep in the woods. That's when Gillian and Ava decided they were going to leave to train Ava, to make her into some indestructible soldier like Gillian. They were convinced that they'd be able to kill their father with this strategy and free the world from his tyranny, and at this point Callie was willing to do anything to make that happened.

So that's where they stayed. The lodge was on a lake so there was fish, it had a shed next to the garden equipped with tools and seeds, and it was well hidden in the woods with plenty of little critters around. Another plus side of the lodge was that it was big enough for everyone. It was the first time that they had all been together in a while, save for Ava and her brother, and Callie was able to breath a sigh of relief. It was already the beginning of summer, it was winter the last time they had seen Ava or Gillian. They would be back when they were ready to move on with their plan, they just had to have some patience.

Callie had walked inside holding a laundry basket full of clothes and sheets, setting them on the large couch in the lounge with a small sigh. Lately she had been feeling sick, and Haru even started to throw out the joke that she was pregnant. That was terrifying for Callie. As much as she wanted to be a mom she had nothing ready for a child! She wanted a home, she wanted to decorate a nursery. Being on the run was no way to raise a baby. Unfortunately the more she thought about it the more likely it seemed. Callie had literally every symptom and noticed that she was gaining a small stomach.

"How would I even tell him?" Callie grumbled quietly to herself as she began to fold the laundry.

Haru

After everything they had been through the group deserved to relax a little even if it was only a little bit. They were still on guard and ready for anything, but with being so deep in the woods. Plus 75% of the group was together, Gillian and Ava knew where they were, everyone was safe. Callie was quick to take on the housework and insisted she do it, saying something about being used to it. Haru tried to help out with gardening but she always ended up getting in the way. So, Haru busied herself with practicing self defense with Drake, rehabilitating Lo and Drake, and trapping animals, since that seemed to be the only thing Callie didn't like to do was hurting.

Haru also finally stopped lying to herself and Drake and finally got everything off of her chest. That no matter what she couldn't get him off her mind and had some major feelings for him. Before she knew it they were sharing the same bedroom upstairs at the end of one of the hallways. "There, the fridge is packed." Haru finished up washing and drying her hands. The lodge had solar panels so they had electricity to keep the food cold, Haru mainly used the fridge in the garage to store whatever they were able to catch in their traps. It was usually squirrel and rabbits, if there was anything bigger that'd 100% be because of Slade. Haru didn't hunt things, just trapped them.

"Do you want to practice again today? You've been making really good progress. Might be tougher than me one day." With a small smirk and a playful wink Haru walked to him and squeezed his hand gently. "When Gillian and Ava end this what should we do? There's a lot of options in life when you're not on the run from a religious nut bag." The New America would end and hopefully they'd get to move back. If not...well, she'd be happy anywhere with him and her friends.

Gillian

It didn't take long for him to find Hannah and Ava, Hannah was an idiot and left obvious tracks. When Hannah was alone out by the truck he made the final call and put a bullet between her eyes. Gillian didn't want to wait, not when Ava's life was at stake. He hid the body in a bush before he went into the small cabin to get Ava, quickly taking the pillow case off of her head and giving her a small smile. Haru and Marco must have gotten away, and he made it a point to Ava that they'd find them at any cost, they just had to get back to the others. Her safety was his first priority. Thankfully when they did get back the whole crew was there.

As they traveled Ava and Gillian made a plan to get away from the others to train her. She wanted to be as helpful as possible, and with the plan they had made they could quite possibly end all this madness in the world. Once they were able to see their friends settle into the lodge they were able to say their goodbyes for now, he promised they'd be back when they were ready to move on with the next step.

So that's what happened. Ava and Gillian traveled via truck to the mountains, hid the truck, and proceeded to go up the mountain. They had found a small hunters shack and stayed there for the next several weeks. He taught her how to protect herself with and without a gun, how to disarm someone who is armed, and put her through speed and strength courses. They'd race up and down the mountain trail, pushing boulders, and sparring for hours. They fished, they hunted, they forged from the land. This mission wasn't for the faint of heart, thankfully Ava was the strongest person he knew. It made him realize how proud he was of her, and how much he truly cared for her.

They couldn't afford to be distracted, not yet anyway. When his father is dead and that whole dictatorship is torn apart then he'd let her know his true feelings for her. "You ready to see the others again?" Gillian parked the truck in the back near the other truck and looked over at Ava with a small grin. His blonde hair had gotten long in the time they were gone, even having a scruffy blonde beard, he almost didn't even look like Gillian anymore. That's what happens when you lived in the mountains for several months.

Marco

It felt great to have his memories back, Marco felt much more useful to everyone, like he had a solid place in the world. These people here were his family, they were the ones he wanted to protect. He learned the rehabilitation exercises that Haru was dong with Lo so he could try to help out a bit more. Whenever Slade went off to do something Marco always offered his assistance, and he always offered to lift anything heavy for Callie since she wasn't feeling well lately.

His relationship with Lo he felt was stronger than ever. Being without his memory and still falling for her? He knew that she was the one for him and that he'd always want her. Before he knew it he was confessing his feelings for her. Life was short, they could die tomorrow. Might as well be true to how you feel, right?

Marco was busy tweaking the ham radio in the basement. Lo and Marco continued to fiddle around with any sort of technology they came across. Everyone had 'walkie talkies' now so whenever they traveled about the property they could keep in contact. Just as he applied the final touches to the radio he wiped a bead of sweat off of forehead. "Is that the sound of a truck?" Marco's brows furrowed as he ran up the stairs and right out the backdoor. All in time to see Gillian and Ava parking their truck. "Oh hey! Guys Ava and Gillian are back!"

Lo

After a few weeks of working really hard with Haru at her rehab she was starting to be able to walk around a bit, she needed a cane whenever she moved but and could only walk for short periods of time but that was really good progress! For anything longer than that she was still using the chair but that was okay. Ava and Gillian were gone but the rest of their group was all together again, that felt nice.. especially now that Marco had his memories back. Even more so now that they were... whatever they were? Lo was happy, that was all that mattered.

"Oh! It's working again!" Lo exclaimed as sound began coming from the radio after Marco finished up his work. "You're kind of amazing you know that?" Her lips spread into a thin smile as she smiled over at him from where she sat on a stool near the table. Marco suddenly brought up the sound of a truck and Lo watched with wide eyes as he went running up the stairs. "H-Hey! Slow down!" Lo stood up off the stool with a wobble before steadying herself with her cane and slowly making her way up the stairs. Once at the top she stopped and leaned against the wall with a huff as she watched Marco run out the backdoor as she watched with concern.

"Everything good?" Lo yelled as she slowly made her way to the end of the hall and peered outside in time to hear Marco yell about Ava and Gillian. "Oh shit! Hey guys!"

Slade

Slade had difficulties handling what happened during that night. Part of him felt like a terrible person for what happened but he also was relieved, knowing Hannah was gone felt like a weight was lifted off his shoulders. She was his friend, at least that's what he thought, but she was so evil at the core. How could someone like that exist? During their time at the travel lodge Slade did his best to hunt and provide for the group as well as keep Callie company. The time passed and soon the snow was all melted, that made gardening and fishing a lot easier thank god.

"Tell who what?" Slade came up behind Callie as she folded the laundry and wrapped his arms around her waist, giving her a kiss on the head before letting her go and moving around to the front of the couch to sit down next to her and tossing his hunting gear on the table. "How was your day? Did Lo and Marco blow anything up yet or is shit relatively normal around here?" Slade had been out hunting for most of the morning as he did almost every day.

Slade reached over to grab some sheets to help fold when his attention was pulled to the hallway as Marco went running by. "What the hell?" The sound of a truck outside made his hair stand on end and he was about to grab his gun and move when Marco yelled again, causing Slade to let go a large sigh of relief. He stood from the couch and reached his hand out to Callie, "Well come on, let's go greet them." He smiled down gently at her as he waited patiently for her to take a break from the folding and take his hand. Once she did he made his way outside and waved with his free had towards the truck that was just turning off. Slade could already see the two through the windshield and had to stifle a chuckle. "Uhm Callie, have you ever seen your brother with a beard?"

Drake

"I vote we rob a bank before the government gets a hold on things again and then we run away and live in a small city in Europe where no one will ever fucking bother us and we can just stay away from people." Drake smirked up at Haru as she squeezed his hand, he had been sitting in the garage on a lawn chair and watching her as she worked. The past however long in the lodge was amazing honestly. Drake was mildly annoyed that Haru had stolen her thunder with confessing to him first, he had made the plan to do so back when they were leaving the hospital but... this woman. Constantly amazing him at every turn.

"Honestly though? I just want to be with you." Drake's face flushed at the rare show of emotion before running a hand through his shaggy brown hair and quickly moving onto the next subject. "But anyways, yeah. We should, that sounds like a really good idea."

The sound of a car pulling into the driveway caused Drake to turn around in his chair and watched with a raised brow. Who the fuck would be here? As the truck came closer he was able to realize it must have been Ava and Gillian, or someone who stole their truck and just happened to know where to go but he assumed it was the first one. A few moments later Marco was bursting out the door and Drake rolled his eyes. "Why are you yelling dude?"

Drake stood up and adjusted his hand so his fingers laced through Haru's before heading closer to the truck and nodding a hello to Gillian and Ava. "Long time no see kids."

Ava

Their training in the mountains was brutal. Ava knew how serious Gillian was about these things and what his previous life was like but never had she witnessed anything like this before. Ava was a little herb witch in her normal life before all of this chaos, never athletic at all. The most athletic thing she did was crawling up into her loft at the end of every day. Now? It was almost like she was a whole new person. Before she had been small and frail looking, unhealthy even after her time in the hospital when she was being used as a test subject. Now? She was still small, her height was her height, but she was healthy looking and actually had some muscle on her bones finally. She felt the best she ever had health wise. She felt ready for this. Mentally and physically. Her deities told her during her prayers that she was strong enough, that this was for the good of so many people. As much as in her heart she wanted to believe Sullivan could be talked out of everything he was doing, her brain knew that wasn't true. This man wouldn't stop until he was dead or won. And they couldn't allow the second one.

Their time in the hunters shack was actually kind of nice outside of all the grueling training. It was chilly as winter ended but they had most of what they would need to get by. Ava's hair that she had cut back at the farm house was now all grown out again and she hadn't taken a good shower in far too long but that was okay. They would spend their time reading when they weren't training, a lot of it was old classic novels the two had already read but at least it was something to pass the time. Plus Ava just liked spending time with Gillian... she didn't honestly know how much she had left. Part of her already knew before they left but now she was sure that she was in-explicitly in love with this crass, rude but caring and genius man. That was the only thing that scared her about this mission... killing Sullivan was a must but, he was still Callie and Gillian's dad. Would they be able to be okay with her after she was the one to take the mans life?

During the trip back Ava had fallen asleep at one point, only waking up when the car stopped it's motion and they were back at the lodge. "Hmm? Yeah." Ava said sleepily as she woke with a smile and gave him a small chuckle, "Though they aren't going to understand why I left with Gillian and came back with this scruffy mountain man." Ava pinched his cheek before jumping out of the passenger side and waving happily at everyone. "Hey guys!"

Gillian

Scruffy mountain man. As he repeated the words in his brain he couldn't help but to shake his head, chuckle, and touch his cheek. As he hopped out of the truck he gave a small wave at the group before he stretched out his tall muscular body with a loud yawn. "Afternoon folks, long time no see." Observant blue eyes scanned over not only their friends but the property. They had traps, they had a large garden, they looked like they were surviving and thriving. That only made his grin spread. "Well you guys didn't fall apart without us. Ava I lost the bet."

Gillian's large hand messed with his sisters blonde hair as he approached the others. "Ava completed her training and deserves a few days of downtime before we move to complete our mission. Figured we'd swing by and see you lot. Before we catch up though I need a shower." With that said Gillian excused himself and ran upstairs to the room he had claimed before they left.

About thirty minutes later Gillian was showered and clean shaven, very thankful for the razor and aftershave he found under the sink. This visit made him nervous, it was the last stop they had to make before they went on their hunt for his father. Who knew how long it'd be until they seen them again? The thought made him sigh a heavy sigh as his feet padded down the stairs, in a pair of black shorts and tee. His shoulder length black hair was wet and swooped back, his face smelling like a fresh aftershave.

Quickly he wrapped his arms around Callie and gave her a tight squeeze before crashing onto the couch. "So how long have we been gone? It's hard to keep track of time in the mountains."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back