• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern (Closed) When it all falls down...

Characters
Here
Drake

"Hey Lo, don't roll off up there. We don't have another life preserver ready to save your ass again." Drake shot Lo a snarky grin as the group split off at the elevator. He tried to remain vigilant as they made their way down the hall to the xray but it was honestly kind of hard to look into the rooms and not get freaked out. Nothing should be this empty... it felt so strange to be in such a large building and only have four of them walking around. The thought sent a chill down his spine... although he supposed if there was MORE than the four of them that would be more terrifying.

They found the X-ray and soon enough he was in position and ready. It gave him a bit of a flashback to the first time he was in this situation... it was insane but he couldn't help but smile to himself. If he hadn't gotten the life beat out of him the first time he would have never ended up in Portland and met the others. He never would have met Haru... that was hard to think about. Quickly she had become such a huge part of his life and despite both of them being moody all the damn time she was actually a positive influence on him.

"Oh do you promise?" Drake winked at her comment before she ran off to start the xray in the other room. When she came back with good news, he was shocked. "Wait really? Are you fucking with me doc?" Drake sat up and looked down at the cast with raised brows. He FELT better sure but he was also so annoyed with the damn thing he thought he may have been faking it without even realizing. "Oh hell yeah! Shit give me a fucking hammer and a screwdriver at this point, hell I'll chew the fucking thing off."

Lo

Lo ate her lunch while finishing up the rewiring with Marco's help, They were able to get the devices mostly up and running but she needed better service to be able to verify that the two phones were on their own closed circuit. It would be bad if anyone dangerous found out there were people hiding in the hospital. They hadn't been outside in a long time but common sense told her at this point common people had to be dangerous as well... looting and hurting others for supplies would just be a way of life in this "new world".

Once everyone was ready, they got the generator turned on and made their way up to the roof, stopping to let off Drake and Haru to get an X-ray of his leg. "You too guys. And hey if you see anything interesting bring it down! " With that they were off to the roof.

The moment Marco wheeled her outside she took in a sharp inhale from the wind whipping at her skin. "I like snow but this is insane!" Lo yelled above the wind just as Marco placed his coat around her and she looked up at him with a smile. "Thanks, you're my knight in shining armor as always." She chuckled and pulled the devices from her pocket and turned on the data for both. Instantly they picked up on some sort of signal. "Okay thats good..." The gps was working on both and from what she could tell it seemed like the phones were only noticing each other on their maps... that was also good. "Okay lastly I'm going to check out the communication part!"

As soon as Lo opened the line for communication she heard voices and panicked, she was nearly about to turn them off and throw them off the building when she heard the name Callie. Lo looked up at Marco with wide eyes and held a finger to her lips for him to be silent.

"Yeah I found them sir.... No not all of them but the ones you care about. Your kids, Slade and the weird one that seems to really piss you off."
"Hannah."
"Yeah yeah yeah. I'm heading up to the house now, I don't know when I'll get you an update but for now I'll let you know they put up all sorts of traps. I don't think it's wise for you to come here with a lot of people. I think I'll need to bring them to you somehow. Okay turning off now."

The line went dead and Lo quickly shut off both phones and shoved them in her pockets once more before looking up and Marco, "We should go find Haru and Drake. We have to find a way to get a word to Slade."

Slade

The game ended with Ava winning which wasn't much of a shock, Callie was clearly trying her hardest but every time she learned anything new she would make this tell tale face about it, plus she wasn't even trying to hide her sheet. It was honestly endearing and kept making Slade chuckle to himself. Slade himself didn't do very well and completely messed up his final guess really early on... because of course he did. However at least Ava won and they would finally get to hear from Gillian about what he knew.

"Whew." Slade let out a long breath after hearing Gillian's story. It was intense and honestly insane. Slade had been in some strange situations in his job that required some fighting but never would he even think he would be talking to someone about cutting off another persons hand. Slade had known the siblings had been through it with their father but... jesus. That was just insane! Sullivan clearly wasn't of sound mind but people who abuse their children are scum. He looked over at Callie as she apologized to her brother and Slade gave her a nod in agreement . "We will find another way to stop him. Eventually."

As soon as the knock sounded Slade jumped up from his chair and nodded at Gillian as he grabbed the gun and motioned for the girls to get in the basement. Slade himself reached over to the stove and took the firepoker and took a few steps towards the door. When the voice sounded he stopped in his tracks and stood shocked for a moment. "H-Hannah? How in the hell?" Callie was quicker on the draw than Slade was and was already opening the door before he could even set the melee weapon down. Callie brought the familiar girl inside and sat her in front of the fire while Slade finally put down his weapon and watched Callie instantly busy herself with helping Hannah.

"Hannah, how did you end up here? What in the hell is going on?" Slade didn't want to be suspicious of his friend but... this was strange. Last he saw her or any of the others they were running back into the building to help after the explosions. And now a month later she shows up? Where had she been all this time?

-
Hannah

Hannah finished her call with Sullivan quickly before hiding the sleeping pills from the hospital and her phone in her bra. A month ago when she ran into the building to help everyone she finally snapped. When Callie was gone Slade would have been with THEM, helping people as well! She was a hindrance and keeping him from being the man that he was. He was so blinded by the cute little blonde girl it made her want to puke. That's when opportunity struck. While clearing out the conference center, Hannah was caught and taken to Sullivan for questioning. Only, she got to it first. As soon as she was in front of him she told him how she has personal experience with Callie and Slade and would absolutely LOVE to help him get his daughter back. Then everything was easy as pie from there. Hannah knew the group had taken that boy to the hospital. Breaking in was easy, the doors were glass and she had been raiding places for a year at this point. She found the charts, stuck around for a few days and watched the boy who patrolled the hospital from afar. She stole some supplies and worked on her plan.

Once the blizzard hit, she knew it was time. It was so EASY to know what way Slade would have taken that group. Back into the city or into the dense woods? uh DUH.

Then she was at their door. Again. Easy as pie.

Callie let her in and Hannah readied her most pitiful help me look as she was led to the fireplace. "Thank you so much Callie... I'm so glad I finally made it here." She shook dramatically in front of the warm fire as Slade began to question her. God he was so smart. "I-I got caught in the chaos back then. Most of us did... they were keeping us there this whole time and making us into midwives.... It was terrible. But I refused and they threw me outside and tied me to a tree so I would die out there. Thankfully they didn't know I used to be a Marine... it wasn't hard to get away at that point." She paused and coughed a few times. "I went to the hospital first because I knew you guys had taken that boy there... but there was a guy I didn't know and got scared and since I know you so well I just hoped you had gone through the woods."

Ava"

Gillian's words broke her heart... Ava couldn't help but feel partially responsible, it was HER testimony! She had tried to hard to make sure there was no way for them to figure out that it was Gillian who helped her but Sullivan did! And look what happened. "Oh Gil, I'm so sorry." Ava reached over and held his hand as he finished his story and she tried to smile supportively. "Now why would you be scared to tell us a thing like that Gil? It sounds like you did something very brave. I was never able to stand up to my mother so I'm so proud of you for standing up to your dad. It takes a lot." She smiled brightly before continuing. "And you fought back because you're a man of your word! You promised me you would stay safe. So you did." Ava moved her hand to lock her pinky with his like they had a month ago. "Remember?"

When the knock came both Gillian and Slade moved to action quickly and Gil was ushering her and Callie to the basement to which Ava responded with a wtf is wrong with you, do you think I'm going to start listening now look. Instead she pressed her back against the wall and looked to the side to peer between the curtain and the window, catching a small glimpse of the girl outside shoving something down her shirt. Before she could say anything Callie was opening the door and letting the person in!

"W-Wait Callie!" Ava protested but it was too late. "Oh- do you guys know her?" She watched with wide eyes as the blonde helped the brunette girl warm up and was off to get her something to drink. Thankfully Slade was already asking the questions that Ava wanted to. So this girl was someone from Slade's time in the rebellion then. Her story made sense... and made Ava shake from residual fear. Her story was so similar to the tests the did on her that it made her feel gross all over. "That's disgusting." The words slipped from her mouth and she couldn't help it. Ava felt so bad for the poor girl that the image of her hiding something in her shirt was lost on her for a moment., but only a moment.

Callie returned with a drink and Ava looked her over carefully before mouthing, "Is she a good person?"

Haru

Haru couldn't help but smile brightly as she shook her head. "Calm down, we're in a hospital. I'll be right back with something to help." With that said she ran out of the room and into the ortho unit. Thankfully with the power outage the locks were all flashing to be reset. That allowed her to slip into the supply room and find an orthopedic saw to remove casts.

With that in hand she quickly moved back to the x-ray room. Within no time the saw was on and Haru was buzzing through the thick cast. It didn't take long before the cast was sawed all the way down to the toes, the cast split completely open. "There. Be careful moving around okay? Try moving it around a little at first. The last thing we need is you falling and risk injuring it." Haru dusted some of the cast dust off of her scrub top. "We'll still need you to do some physical therapy with your leg to build your strength back up."

Her eyes glanced down at the watch and their half hour was almost up. "Want to walk back or take your chair?"

Callie

As much as Callie felt for the poor girl she couldn't help the uneasy feeling she had in her stomach. Her father wasn't in a forgiving mood. From what she seen when she lived with her family the punishment for refusing is death; more often than not death by your peers. Leaving her for death? That wasn't how they did things. A million questions shot through her head at once but she bit her tongue. Callie slid the blanket off of her shoulders and wrapped it around Hannah, looking over at Ava as she mouthed her words.

Could Callie vouch for Hannah? Hannah had a way about her that made Callie feel uncomfortable and unwelcome. So she had to trust her gut. With a small shake of her head she took a step back to stand by Slade's side, gently tugging at his shirt to let him know something wasn't right. They couldn't kick her out during a blizzard but they also couldn't trust her. "I'm so sorry that happened Hannah, thank God you're okay. Yeah it's best to avoid the hospital right now, I'm sure some real creeps are held up there by now."

This was it. The ultimate game of clue. They couldn't let her know what they knew. It was dangerous enough that she found them! Who knew who else could track them? Suddenly the house shook from the strong wind and she shivered once more. "Is it just me or is it getting colder?"

Marco

"Anytime babe!" Marco couldn't help but chuckle as she thanked him. The air hurt his face and the snow kept smacking him in the eyes. "It's working?" He heard her say that it was working. That's good, right? At least they'd be able to track each other. Even if the communication portion didn't work out it'd still be useful. As soon as the line was open the voices came through. Marco flinched slightly before he looked down at Lo. Callie and Slade were two of their friends and someone had found them.

They had to go save them before they were lead into the trap. "Yeah let's go find them." Marco quickly wheeled Lo and him back inside the building and quickly smacked at the elevator button. He ran through several options through his head. Marco and Haru were the only ones capable of trudging through the snow. Haru had to stay here to help the others...it only made sense for Marco to be the one to go find the others. Though he was sure Lo wouldn't be a big fan of his idea.

Once in the elevator he pressed on the floor they dropped the others off on. "Let's say they went north. I'm pretty fast, I've test my speed while making my rounds. I could find them quick to warn them. We'd come back to help everyone travel." He looked down at Lo with a small forced smile. "It's not ideal, I know, but if she gets hold of them they're in danger. Someone's gotta save them."

With that said the elevator door opened. He pushed Lo off of the elevator and glanced down the hallway. "Hey you guys done yet?" He gave a loud yell in hopes Haru and Drake would hear him.

Gillian

Why was this woman so difficult? As Ava clung to the wall he shot her a disapproving look, his brows furrowing as she peeked out the window. Seriously!? She wanted him to keep himself safe but in turn she had to stay safe too. Peeking out of the damn window at the intruder wasn't staying safe! Though, neither was opening up the door and welcoming her in with blankets and coffee. "Callie seriously?" He glared over at Hannah with an irritated look. He didn't have the shotgun pointed at anyone but he did have it held carefully to his side. He may have had a gimp arm but he could still defend the group if need be.

Gillian naturally took a step between Ava and Hannah to make sure she was safe. Just as Callie had her suspicions so did Gillian. The world would be in chaos, any mothers and midwives they had would be transferred to the States. She didn't look rough for wear either, if what she said was true she would have been beaten before she was tied to the tree.

He glanced over to see Callie tugging on Slade's shirt. To warn him? Hopefully. But he knew that if Slade and Hannah were friends then he wouldn't put her out during a snow storm no matter how much he protested. Speaking of which...

The wind hit the house and the whole whose creaked. "It does feel colder. Go up to your guys's room and get some more layers on. I doubt any of us will be going anywhere tonight." With that said Gillian walked to the door and locked the deadbolt once more.

Ava

Ava straightened when she watched Callie's small head shake. Oh how delightful. Just what the needed right now. "Hannah we will get you a bed made up down here, I'm sure you're frozen to the bone." She gave a polite smile before looking between the others quickly and taking a few steps towards the stairs. Once she was in the hallway and out of sight of those still in the living room she turned to Gillian and gently punched him in the shoulder to get his attention.

"She put something down her shirt." Ava whispered frantically, leaning forward as she did. "I couldn't tell what it was though." She turned on her heel to head back upstairs and yelled back to the living room as she made her way up the stairs. "I'll bring Hannah down a sweater and some more socks!"

Quickly Ava went into the room she shared with Gillian and made her way to the closet after closing the bedroom door behind her. The gun safe was there with all of the hints Ava had found piled up next to it, significant dates, addresses, names. She took the stack and shoved it into the top of the closet under some boxes of shoes. Then the adjusted all of the hanging clothes so at first glance you wouldn't see the safe. Once that was done she took the time to change out of the jeans and top she was wearing and pulled on a pair of flannel PJ bottoms and a long sleeve shirt with a giant oversized sweater on top. She put two pairs of socks on her feet and grabbed an armful for the others. Before heading down she grabbed another one of the large sweaters and a change of comfy clothes. She made sure to close everything back up before heading downstairs.

"Here you go." Ava handed Hannah the sweater and a pair of socks before tossing the others in a pile semi close to the fire to warm before holding out the change of clothes to Gillian. "Here I figured you could use these."

Slade

"Shit Hannah that sounds rough. I'm so sorry, if I had known I wouldn't have even thought of letting you guys go back in..." Slade scratched the back of his neck, feeling a little guilty in hindsight for jacking their car to take Drake to the hospital. He was about to continue and address the comment of the man in the hospital and ask what he looked like when he felt a little tug at the back of his shirt. "Wha-" His voice caught in his throat as he turned and looked down at Callie. She was trying to look normal but Slade could tell she was scared... of Hannah? He took a quick glance around the room and noticed everyone else was tense as well. Gillian still hand an iron grip on the shot gun and Ava clearly wasn't thrilled about their guest. Sure, the story seemed a little strange but Slade had known Hannah for a long time now! She would never hurt him or Callie. She was the one who helped take Callie out of the house before her wedding!

"Right. Uh anyways." Slade stopped and let out a sigh as the wind whistled outside. Ava went off to get some clothes and Gillian was locking the door again. "I'm sure you don't want to talk about it much right now. Let's all get some food in us and get warm then get some sleep. We can talk more tomorrow when you're not still shaking."

Slade took a step back and turned to Callie, ruffling her hair affectionately before heading into the kitchen and grabbing 5 cans of various soups from their stock pile. He then grabbed the can opener and some spoons and returned to the living room. Slade placed each can on the top of the wood stove after opening them and tossing the lids in the trash. "I would use the other stove but with this wind I'm going to assume the pilot light is out. This is rustic but it'll work."

All he wanted to do right now was ask Hannah more about what happened between that day and now but... something was off. And pressuring her now would scare her off, he knew it would. "Hey Callie, Gil's right, go change and once you come down soup should be warm okay?" He walked over to her and draped an arm across her shoulders, leaning down and placing a kiss on her cheek before whispering, "Are you okay?"

Hannah

God they were all so obvious. Hannah assumed the two that had never met her would be slightly wary of her presence but jesus Callie was a worrywart. Although maybe she had FINALLY figured out Hannah was the one leaving her little love notes. Though she doubted it.

"Oh thank you!" Hannah spoke cheerily and smiled at the girl with black hair who went upstairs to get some clothing. "Oh I feel terrible, now that I'm starting to warm up I realize I've been a royal douche. I'm Hannah Wales, I was part of the rebellion in New Orleans with Slade. Born and raised down there too... sad to see what it turned into." Hannah's voice tapered off at the end before she quickly started up once more. "I know Callie and Slade's names but I don't know either of you. Well I know who you are Gillian but, the sweet girl whos getting me clothes? Whats her name?"

Soon after her question Ava reappears and Hannah took the sweater and socks with another fake smile, "Thank you again. You're all such good people." She pulled the itchy thing over her head and pulled on the socks before fully turning to the others and away from the fire. "No it's okay. I mean I don't want to keep anyone awake blabbering but you know me Slade, I'm not a pansy. What happened was fucking terrible yeah but I'm not afraid of it."

Hannah turned and eyed the cans of soup and looked back at the others, "So been hunkering down here since then huh? I don't see your friends you took to the hospital. That dude was fucked up. Didn't make it huh?"

Lo

Marco started yelling so fuck it, if someone heard them, someone heard them. "Fucking code red kids! Someone on good ol' Sully's team is with Callie and the others!" Part of Lo INSTANTLY wanted to think the worst of Gillian, she had from the start so why stop now. He wasn't thrilled about Callie getting married to Slade and this whole time he had been sitting by his fathers side. Hell maybe he was how this person knew where they were! God!

"Haru! Drake!" Lo yelled again before letting out a small growl and taking the phones from her pocket and tossing them on the ground. So much for that idea. Marco was talking about going outside to track them and quickly she put out her hands to pull her wheels to a stop and make him stop as well.

"Excuse me?" She turned and looked at him with angry green eyes, "No way! You can't go out there alone! Y-You th-thats stupid! No just no." She was acting like a child and she knew it but didn't really care. "W-What if something happens and you take another hit and forget all over again, and you're alone and no one is there! I'm not there!" Words were starting to meld together as she spiraled into worrying about a situation that wasn't even actively happening. Suddenly her strides with being okay with her chair were gone and she was wallowing in self pity all over again for her situation. "God dammit." Her words were much weaker now and the anger left her eyes as she looked down at the floor, "I'm sorry I shouldn't have yelled. What the fuck is wrong with me sometimes..."

"But... I seriously don't want you to go alone. Maybe we can figure out a way for me to go with you... no that's stupid. God I'm stupid." Lo held her head in her hands and squeezed her eyes shut before sitting back up and shaking out her hair. This had been such a good day at first and now all this shit was happening. Someone had to go help them yes but it was a fucking blizzard outside and no one should be out there alone anyway! They don't even know what its fully like out there anymore. "Jesus where the fuck are they!?'

Drake

"Oh hell yes!" As soon as the cast was off his leg Drake reached down and ran his hand over the bare skin, it was gross but man it was so great to have that fucking cast off. "Holy shit I could kiss you right now!" He completely glazed over what he just said and started to bend his leg at the knee over and over, noticing it was difficult but not impossible. "I think maybe I'll use the chair as a walker for now so if I need it I can use it ya know?"

Drake took his time to stand up and grunted in pain as he put weight on the leg for the first time in a month. "Fuck that hurts so good."

Then came the yelling. "What is their issue for fucks sake?" Drake wrapped his hands around the handles of the chair and started to push his way out into the hallway when Lo started to yell. Holy shit, wait what? How? Who? When? Drake quickened his pace and moved down the hallway where he saw Lo yelling at Marco about something as they approached.

"Hey calm down, what in the fuck is going on?"

Callie

Hannah helped Slade to recover when he was on the brink of death, of course he wouldn't think she would betray him. Callie didn't expect him to turn on her like that. "I'm okay." She felt her cheeks flush from the kiss on the cheek, her hand cupping his cheek gently and giving his other a soft kiss. "We'll talk later." Right as Callie went to go upstairs she felt herself freeze. Hannah's comment...she didn't like it. It's not like she could defend the others though, they had to act like they split apart. "I'll catch you up on everything later, Hannah. Maybe we'll even be able to reminisce about our wedding with you later." Callie stood up on her toes and pressed a sweet kiss on Slade's lips before turning to go up the stairs.

By the time they had their soups, gotten changed, and gotten a makeshift bed fashioned on the couch it was dark outside. The snow was still coming down and it didn't appear an end was insight. Callie was in black flannel long sleeved pajamas and double flannel socks on her feet, her long blonde hair pulled up into a bun on the top of her head. She tried to act normal once she got downstairs to the others but it was hard!

A little while after dinner Callie was able to steal Slade and sneak off upstairs to their room. "She's up to something Slade, I'm telling you her story doesn't make sense." She was pacing their room as she spoke frantically. "Call it lawyers intuition but I know she's lying. That's not how father runs things, people don't just get left for dead." With a small sigh she shook her head and turned to him once again. "I-I know I don't have any proof but I've never liked Hannah. Back in New Orleans I had someone threaten me a bunch and I could never think of who, but now that I see her I just feel like it was her." Was she stir crazy? Paranoid by what has happened? Possibly! But every cell in Callie's body screamed that it was Hannah all of a sudden.

Haru

Everyone went back downstairs and assessed the situation. The only option they had was to send Marco. They could use the phones to stay in contact with him and track him. Even if it wasn't the ideal situation they didn't have much of an option at this point. So they left the power on long enough for everyone to shower, warm up, and long enough for Haru to pack him a somewhat of a survival bag. Food, heating pads, blankets, dry clothes, several dry packaged socks (for his hands and feet), lighter fluid, a lighter, and plenty of bottles of water. The bag was a tad on the heavier side but it was going to help him stay alive.

Haru went through Marco's bag once more. It was incredibly nerve wrecking sending him out there into the unknown. The only person that was against it was Lo. It wasn't so much she was against him going to save their friends as she didn't want to send him out there alone. And she knew she couldn't go...it was hurting her and Haru's heart broke for her friend. Maybe she'd feel better if Haru went with him?

The idea hit her and she ran out of the stock room to find the others. "What if I go with him? He wouldn't be alone and I could look out for him. You guys know what to do by now, you'd be okay for a day or two. Right?" No one should have a problem right that. Right? It made sense to her.

Marco

When Ava started to yell and scold him he winced slightly. He had thought it was a good idea! But as she yelled and ranted she eventually started to apologize. "Hey, don't apologize. I'd hate it if you had to go out by yourself too. But I'll be okay, alright?" He bent down and picked up the phones before he handed one back to Lo, his free hand tucking the other one in his pocket. "You worked hard on these, this is the perfect opportunity to try this out. We can see the range this thing has too."

He knew it was hard but he was just trying to help her see the positive in this whole situation. "You can trust me. I'll be safe, cautious, and I'll come back to you." Marco gently held her face in his hands and pressed his lips to her forehead to try to calm her down. Haru and Drake rounded the corner and he pulled away with a smile. "It'll be okay."

When they arrived in the basement they made the decisive decision to send him out. He showered, he ate, and he felt the nerves bubble up in his chest. He had to swallow down the fear. It wasn't the fear of leaving and trying to find the others that had him so concerned. No, it was leaving Lo here without him. She'd be vulnerable, he couldn't help protect her. It was a gut wrenching feeling.

As he stood in front of the elevator zipping up the scrub jacket he peered over at Haru as she ran to them. She pitched her idea and he felt his brows raise slightly. "Two is better than one for looking out for each other. Would that put you a little more at ease Lo?" Marco looked down at her with a smile. Haru and Lo were good friends but at least she wouldn't have to worry about him being alone. Right?

Gillian

"Yeah, I'm Gillian. That's Ava. Guess you're not too close to Slade if you don't know his good friends names, huh?" He could sling the attitude right back at her. With that he leaned back against the wall too keep watch. Well, until Ava came down with his pajamas. "Thank you dear'." He shot her a handsome smile and took the opportunity to go change in the bathroom. In fact, once Gillian returned he didn't leave the living room the rest of the time. He didn't trust Hannah. Ava even said she put something in her shirt! While he was sure Slade would be against them interrogating and searching her it needed to be done. And, since they weren't able to do that, he sat there and monitored her. He had to keep them all safe.

Before he knew it Callie and Slade were gone. "Must have been cold out there. Glad you found us, you could have froze out there." Gillian returned to the couch and sat back down in his spot so he could rest his good arm. "So, uh, are you one of Slade's ex girlfriends?" He wasn't good at not interrogating people.

Drake

"How did I know you were going to say that." Drake huffed from where he sat against one of the hospital beds after their discussion. He KNEW Haru would end up throwing herself to the wolves.... Lo was in her feelings about all of this and honestly Drake didn't like the idea of Marco going alone. But he sure as hell didn't like the idea of Haru going with! "Lo those things really work right? Like for sure?" He fidgeted nervously as he pushed away from the bed and walked over to the group with a small scowl.

"The service doesn't work down here, Lo and I will have to find a room up higher to hide out in for the time you guys are gone." Drake looked over at Haru, the usual cocky demeanor was gone, you could see the worry on his face. Why was everyone he cared about constantly in dangerous situations? His mom put her life on the line for them to escape and he hadn't been able to hear word about her since... his brothers.... one was gone and while he fucking deserved it.... it just felt like everything surrounding him was dangerous. Now Haru, honestly the only woman he'd ever felt like this about, wanted to run off into the woods... in a blizzard... after a murderer. Fucking cool.

"I think we'll hang out on the top floor and find a north facing room, we can take food and blankets up with us and camp out. I can walk well enough that if anything happens we should be okay." Drake sighed. "But we'll have to keep the generator running the whole time. Otherwise Lo- we will be stuck up there."

He looked over to Lo apologetically for a moment before returning his attention to Haru, "I mean this way we can walk you guys out I guess?"

Ava

Ava ate her dinner and sat back, observing the situation carefully but closely. Slade seemed kind of blind to how weird this all was and it made everything even more scary. Usually that boy was so revolved around Callie he noticed everything but hell even a blind man could see that Callie wasn't just nervous she was scared... and that made Ava scared. After eating Slade and Callie disappeared and Gillian refused to leave Hannah alone, sitting in the living room and watching her every move. Ava on the other hand busied herself.

In the kitchen Ava found a handful of mason jars and hid them under the roomy sweater before sneaking upstairs to the sewing room. She then filled each one with various noisy trinkets before digging around and finding some ribbon and tape. She started with the sewing room itself, she tied the jar to ribbon and the ribbon got tied to the inside doorknob. Then on the outside she placed a piece of tape across the door frame. This way if Hannah decided to sneak around they would hear it, if not they would know in the morning. Ava placed the items for her own room inside before shutting the door once more and making her way down to Callie and Slades room.

"Hey guys." Ava knocked gently before opening the door a crack and giving them both a sheepish smile. "Here." She held the stuff out to Callie with a shrug, "It'll make noise if your door gets opened, since they don't lock. I figured it's at least something... Uh anyways good night." With that she left and made her way back downstairs, finishing with the front and back door before re entering the living room.

"God it's gotten even colder in here I think." Ava hugged her own small frame before joining Gillian on the couch opposite Hannah. You could feel the awkward in the air... "Gillian shouldn't we let Hannah get some rest? I mean it's late..." Ava yawned and looked between the two with a nervous giggle. She really didn't want to leave him down here alone and she didn't want Hannah left unattended but... surely he wasn't planning on staying here all night right? Ava adjusted on the couch again and let out another yawn, shivering slightly as she did.

Lo

It was clear she was going to be outvoted, Lo knew that as soon as they started to talk about it... honestly deep down she knew she was being selfish but she couldn't help it. But that was the choice they made. Despite her complete and total tantrum she threw. "Just promise me that if anything even says boo you will turn and run back here okay? And be conservative with the battery on the phone but I gave Haru that portable battery we found just in case. I want you to update us every couple hours ok?" Lo sat in her wheelchair to the side of the elevator as Marco prepared to leave. "I know I'm nagging but I mean it okay?"

Then Haru came running out and started her own monologue that left Lo with raised brows. Now Haru wanted to go to?! "Haru no offense but you're not exactly misses outdoorsman!" She gaped at her friend for a moment before whipping her attention between the two. "I mean yeah two is better and we would be fine but I-" I just wish it could be me? Lo sighed and dropped her head into her hands again. Drake's voice joined in the conversation and she slowly looked up at them all again.

"Yes they work you ass." Lo rolled her eyes and answered Drake's question and gave everyone a weak smile. Maybe she could create a time machine with all of her tinkering... take everyone back to the day before all of this happened. Still find each other, still turn into their demented little family... but kill Sullivan before he got the chance to royally fuck up all of their lives. "It's not an awful plan I suppose. We would be able to see if anyone was hanging around between the woods and the hospital from up there too and warn you guys." Just as Lo was starting to feel a little better about it all, Drakes comment about the elevator made her heart drop. "R-right. I'm sure it would last that long right? And if it doesn't I drag myself down ten flights of stairs no biggie."

Slade

"Callie, look I'm listening and I know it seems weird but nothing in my mind can figure out why she would lie? I mean she's literally always been on our side!" Slade whispered back to Callie as they stood in their bedroom talking. It wasn't that Slade didn't believe her, he did, he just couldn't fathom WHY. It didn't make any sense. Plus he knew Hannah fairly well and she wasn't a go behind your back person, she was crass and rude and in your face. Slade pushed back his wild dark hair and went to continue when it clicked what Callie had said. "Wait what do you mean?" Threatened her?

Slade had known people weren't particularity happy with Callie's presence in the camp back then but he never imagined anyone would have threatened her. "Threatened you how? And why haven't I heard about it up until now Callie? I could have done something. Shit." He paced for a moment before groaning and dropping down to sit on the edge of their bed. Was he this bad at protecting people? He felt like such a dick! "You really think it was Hannah? But why? I mean, I believe you, I really do. But I just don't get why she would threaten you. Hannah was one of the people who helped me convince the others to go get you and she even went with me on the trip."

This was all wild. A small knock to the door and Slade's stomach dropped to his feet however when Ava opened the door he found himself letting go a sigh of relief. She handed Callie some mason jar thing and explained what she was doing and Slade raised a brow as she left. Ava was even reading the situation as strange and while the girl was ... odd... she seemed to have good judgement.

"Come here." Slade reached out both of his hands and wrapped them around Callie's before gently pulling her towards him where he sat and looking up at her. If a year ago you told Slade he would fall in love with and marry a quiet sweet blonde girl, he would have actually laughed in your face. A year ago he didn't even think about women... it all changed when he met her. It was stupid and cheesy but it was true. "Callie I love you. If you and the others are scared, or even just worried, I'll protect you. I'll fix it." Slade paused for a moment and cleared his throat, "Just let her sleep here tonight and in the morning I'll ask her to leave. I'm not comfortable just kicking her out into the wild again but... we can let her take the pickup, I'm sure the car key has to be around here. I'll pack up some food and clothes and tell her to drive off. I can do that for you. Does that work?"

Hannah

God this guy was too much. Callie had already run off with her tail between her legs like Hannah had assumed and Slade chased after her like some lost puppy. But Gillian and Ava were more trouble than they were worth. Sullivan wanted the two of them dead and didn't even care enough to give her specifics on how it needed to be done. He PREFERRED to have them alive to make an example out of their treachery but whatever works right? They had already finished their sad little dinner and Hannah found herself tucked into her uncomfortable bed and left alone with Gillian who clearly thought she was the devil.

"Hah! He wishes." Hannah laughed at the question despite how much it hurt. "Slade's not my type." She brushed her long brunette hair from her face before rolling her eyes and laying down more lies, "I'm gay, last I checked Slade was a dude." She shrugged and pulled the blanket around her shoulders more. Hannah refused to think about the prospect more until Callie was gone. Slade just didnt understand how much better he would be with her... Callie was a pretty distraction but beyond that her depth was puddle deep. Hannah and Slade were both officers and outdoors enthusiasts. They shared dry humor as well as a complete distaste for humanity, though Slade seemed to be getting muhsier than she remembered.

"Hey Ava, I thought you went to bed." Hannah smiled a sickeningly sweet smile at the girl before looking between her and Gillian, "Wow suddenly I feel like the 5th wheel. I didn't realize everyone in this house was shaking up." She couldn't help but let the curt laugh escape before laying back on the pillow more and closing her eyes. "You feel free to hang out down here if you need, I'm beat!"

They were all acting like she was going to come in and start fucking shit up instantly. That was the stupidest thing she could do. No, the plan was scare them, cry, make them feel bad, earn trust.... then drug them in their sleep and hog tie them like livestock and call for the van. If that proved to hard, she would cut the crowd in half before they even knew what hit them.

Callie

"You're always under so much stress, I didn't want to stress you out even more. I would find letters in my backpack, my notes, and in my room in the tent." Her confidence cracked when he paced the room and questioned her even more. Before she could say anything else Ava was coming in with her mason jar and Callie was left with so many questions. "Oh, thank you Ava." Callie couldn't help but smile as the girl walked out of their room and look at the jar curiously as she sat it on the dresser.

The next thing she knew Slade was pulling her to him. He was always the voice of reason she needed but, for some reason, this whole situation still made her extremely anxious. "Okay. Okay, you're right." Callie gave his hands a gentle squeeze and gave him a smile. "Just promise me you won't let down you're guard around her, okay? You look at her like the same old Hannah but at this point we can't trust anyone... I worry about you."

With that said she kissed his forehead and turned back to the mason jar. It took a second but she was able to hook the jar to their door handle. Hopefully Callie's instincts were wrong; hopefully Hannah didn't mean to harm them and they could happily see her off tomorrow. But something in her gut told her that wouldn't be happening.

Last edited:
Haru

Lo was right, Haru wasn't an outdoors woman. She was far more comfortable indoors reading a book or working out. If she didn't do it though who would? Just Marco? Lo, as much as she wished she could go, wasn't physically able to. Drake JUST got out of his cast, he wouldn't be strong enough for travel. So she understood everyone being apprehensive at the idea. Thankfully they all quickly got on the same page.

"We'll look out for each other so we stay safe. The generator has enough juice for probably three or four more days. Hopefully they didn't travel that far." Haru glanced up at Drake with a small sad smile. What they'd face on their journey was unknown and, quite frankly, terrifying. Death never used to scare Haru. Her father, grandparents, and mother all died young. It was a fate she had accepted but spent her life helping people avoid it. It was only when she became friends with Drake did she actually want to stick around. He was her best friend and like her, he didn't have many people looking out for him. She didn't want to die and never see him again.

Too bad he didn't feel the same way about her. "Right, well, let's pack the elevator up with everything you'll need upstairs." With that said Haru spun around and started to grab some blankets and pillows.

Marco

With the way Lo fussed over him he couldn't help but smile sweetly at her. He knew she was stressing out about this whole thing and, honestly, he was too. He didn't want to leave her behind. "Right, well, let's get you all packed up. We'll ride up in the elevator with each other." With that said the group spent the next ten minutes packing the elevator full of things the two of them would need. He did most of the heavy lifting and got lost in his thoughts. Would Lo and Drake be safe here without him? Lo had told him he was a pilot so he certainly wasn't a fighter by any means, but compared to those two he'd be better in a fight. He just hoped and prayed they didn't need to fight anyone. Hopefully Marco and Haru could come back quickly.

Before they knew it they were standing in front of the exit. The wind was howling outside and the snow was still falling heavily. Marco was bundled up in the coat, layers of scrubs and socks, boots, and the hat pulled over his head. He had socks on his hands since there were no gloves and the cellphone in a ziplock bag in his pocket. The ziplock was to keep the phone dry in case it fell, he wanted to make sure they could stay in contact for as long as they can. The talking would put Lo at ease, he knew damn well she wouldn't sleep tonight.

"Make sure you guys lock the door to your room and block the elevator doors. Don't leave any lights on in the room for very long if you have it on; you don't want anyone seeing it from the outside and try getting in. Let me know if anything goes wrong and we'll come back. Okay?" Marco felt like he was nagging Lo but he couldn't help it, he worried for her. "When I come back we'll work on getting you up and walking again. Okay?" He held Lo's hands in his and leaned down to press his lips to them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back