• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy (CLOSED) Welcome to MAGE Academy // Magical academia RP set in a fictional land!

ashtonthezora

professionally dead
Roleplay Type(s)
Welcome to Mellora’s Advanced, Gifted and Extraordinary Academy, otherwise known as MAGE Academy.

IMG_1547.jpeg

MAGE Academy is a private college for the crème de la crème. All students from all backgrounds are welcome but they must prove themselves to be worthy of the incredible programs available, from STEM to the arts to technical trades and everything in-between.

Once through the extremely lengthy interviewing process, accepted students are given a full-ride and access to resources beyond their wildest dreams.

There is also a lottery, where one normal and average student out of hundreds of thousands of applicants is granted a scholarship to the academy. However, the identity of the scholarship student is kept secret and stored very securely in the administrative building.

In addition, there is another secret unknown to most students at MAGE: namely, the Mage program for all manner of witch, wizard, and supernatural creature. Non-magikal students believe Mages-in-training to be part of the Chosen Elite: the very best from each program, who have separate classes and dormitories from the rest of the academy. If the scholarship student shows an aptitude for the magikal arts they may also be accepted into the Mage program.

•Create a student profile and choose a program to be a part of, detailed below. All characters must be 18 or older as this is a College AU.

•Make friends, enemies, or magikal companions around the academy, or venture into the nearby village to meet outsiders.

•Practice your craft at any of the workshops around campus, or journey into the thick forest surrounding the academy for survival training.

Explore the fantastic world of Kaldera and MAGE Academy, and the secrets that lie therein.

———

Let me know if you have any questions! I’m very open to change so if you have ideas, I would love to hear them. Feel free to create your own lore!

Most humanoid races are acceptable. If you want to play it and there’s a good in-universe way for them to hide their “otherness” around mortals then you should be good! Of course, case-by-case if needed.

All RPN Rules apply. Be nice. Reply with at least 2-3 sentences each time.

Limit to 2 or 3 student profiles please.

———

Student Profile - write a sentence or more for everything below “Program” unless otherwise specified please!

Name:

Race:

Program:

Strengths:

Weaknesses:

List 3-5 general personality traits:

What makes you worthy of MAGE Academy?:

What is your dream?:

What is your biggest fear?:

Anything else you’d like to share?:

*Please provide a photo for your student ID below.

Last edited:
hihi, I'm interested! Do you want me to put the Student Profile in the replies or someplace else?

Awesome! If you already have an idea you can go ahead and put it in here, but once we get 1-2 more people I’ll make the actual RP thread and have everyone post their profiles there as well.

Awesome! If you already have an idea you can go ahead and put it in here, but once we get 1-2 more people I’ll make the actual RP thread and have everyone post their profiles there as well.

sure thing!

---

Name: Hiroto Sakemura

Race: Human with supernatural functions

Program: Exorcism and Witchcraft

Strengths:
-Hiroto has a natural talent for Exorcism. This can be tied with Spirit Medium, where he can communicate with spirits.
-He specializes in rituals, specifically summoning rituals.
-He is always striving for growth and expansion, and looking for new challenges to overcome.
-He is a kind-hearted soul who excels at creating clear visions and goals.

Weaknesses:
-Despite his talent for exorcism and spirits, his magic varies in power due to his contract. He tries to make up for that in hand-to-hand combat.
-Though he was surrounded by magic, he still does not know much of the subject.
-He is very naive and doesn't know much of the outside world due to having a sheltered upbringing.
-He never gives up and is willing to spend his free-time and resting periods for a goal.

-Hardworking
-Quiet
-Studious
-even-tempered
-Free Spirited

-Some parts of his body are considered supernatural.
-He made a contract to a higher being.
-Has a natrual abundance of wood energy.
-His birth place of the floating island

What is your dream?:
-Protect his village by becoming an exorcist
-Explore the world

-Losing everything/everyone that he loves.

-His place of birth is on a floating island, however, his family desended down on earth for unknown reasons. This information is only shared between them, the government and MAGE academy.

Image ID:

download20240203235923.png

Last edited:
am interested! But instead, can I be a holy princess/saintess who wants to study healing magic? or nah? It's fine if not!

Name: Alis Shaw

Race: Half-Fae

Program: Mage - Conjuration and Enchantment

Strengths:
Alis is from the Outlands, so she is tougher than tough both physically and mentally.
With her half-fae blood, she has enhanced physical traits like speed, strength, and senses.
Her focus is on enchanting and conjuring spiritual weapons.
She is good in a crisis and can make snap decisions with ease.
In her hometown of Eryn she was known for vigilante justice against lowlifes and criminals.

Weaknesses:
Her temper often gets the better of her and she can end up making regrettable choices.
With enhances senses comes sensitivity to extremely loud noises or bright lights.
She can only conjure 2 minor weapons or 1 major weapon at a time, but can have up to 5 enchanted weapons.
Sometimes she can be rash and make decisions without considering all the options.

-Stubborn
-Tough
-Generous
-Loyal
-Aggressive

Record of martial and magical prowess against criminals both mortal and supernatural.
From the Shaw line of Outland Hunters.
She is smart as a whip but more gifted in the physical arts.
Can conjure a major weapon (imbued with Major Magiks) without a magik circle.

What is your dream?:
To rid the world of evil, but more realistically to become the next leader of the Outland Hunters.

Getting innocents caught up in her revenge justice.

She hides her semi-pointed ears with her cowboy hat.
She has a secret that she is running from.

1708703570376.png

i’m so interested! i’ll post a character as soon as i can ^^

Alright guys! Here is the RP thread. I made separate OOC and character threads that are linked in it, so if you wouldn't mind posting your student profiles in the character threads I'd appreciate it!

Alright guys! Here is the RP thread. I made separate OOC and character threads that are linked in it, so if you wouldn't mind posting your student profiles in the character threads I'd appreciate it!

kk, thanks a lot!

• I want to save everyone with my powers!

appearance

height

5'4"

weight

123.7 lbs.

hair c.

Blonde

eye c.

Blue

hair styling

Long and wavy

build

Small and Petite

body mods.

None

faceclaim

Eri (MHA)

♡coded by uxie♡

appearance

height

5'4"

weight

123.7 lbs.

hair c.

Blonde

eye c.

Blue

hair styling

Long and wavy

build

Small and Petite

body mods.

None

faceclaim

Eri (MHA)

♡coded by uxie♡

rp group is here

appearance

height

5'4"

weight

123.7 lbs.

hair c.

Blonde

eye c.

Blue

hair styling

Long and wavy

build

Small and Petite

body mods.

None

faceclaim

Eri (MHA)

♡coded by uxie♡

Please also post it here:

Here is the profile:

Name:

Race:

Program:

Strengths:

Weaknesses:

What is your dream?:

*Please provide a photo for your student ID below

appearance

height

5'4"

weight

123.7 lbs.

hair c.

Blonde

eye c.

Blue

hair styling

Long and wavy

build

Small and Petite

body mods.

None

faceclaim

Eri (MHA)

♡coded by uxie♡

Please post this in here!

Welcome to Mellora’s Advanced, Gifted and Extraordinary Academy, otherwise known as MAGE Academy.

View attachment 1146213

MAGE Academy is a private college for the crème de la crème. All students from all backgrounds are welcome but they must prove themselves to be worthy of the incredible programs available, from STEM to the arts to technical trades and everything in-between.

Once through the extremely lengthy interviewing process, accepted students are given a full-ride and access to resources beyond their wildest dreams.

There is also a lottery, where one normal and average student out of hundreds of thousands of applicants is granted a scholarship to the academy. However, the identity of the scholarship student is kept secret and stored very securely in the administrative building.

In addition, there is another secret unknown to most students at MAGE: namely, the Mage program for all manner of witch, wizard, and supernatural creature. Non-magikal students believe Mages-in-training to be part of the Chosen Elite: the very best from each program, who have separate classes and dormitories from the rest of the academy. If the scholarship student shows an aptitude for the magikal arts they may also be accepted into the Mage program.

•Create a student profile and choose a program to be a part of, detailed below. All characters must be 18 or older as this is a College AU.

•Make friends, enemies, or magikal companions around the academy, or venture into the nearby village to meet outsiders.

•Practice your craft at any of the workshops around campus, or journey into the thick forest surrounding the academy for survival training.

Explore the fantastic world of Kaldera and MAGE Academy, and the secrets that lie therein.

———

Let me know if you have any questions! I’m very open to change so if you have ideas, I would love to hear them. Feel free to create your own lore!

Most humanoid races are acceptable. If you want to play it and there’s a good in-universe way for them to hide their “otherness” around mortals then you should be good! Of course, case-by-case if needed.

All RPN Rules apply. Be nice. Reply with at least 2-3 sentences each time.

Limit to 2 or 3 student profiles please.

———

Student Profile - write a sentence or more for everything below “Program” unless otherwise specified please!

Name:

Race:

Program:

Strengths:

Weaknesses:

What is your dream?:

I feel bored so uh.. may I join in and fill the student ID, or am I way too late to join?
{i'm so lost in this site, pardon me if i'm barging in and out of things-}

Users who are viewing this thread

Back