• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy [Closed] ⬧︎ 𝑅𝑒𝒸𝓊𝓇𝓈𝑒𝒹 ⬧︎ ; a grand tale of reincarnation

lonewulf

wulf
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
// page best in darkmode

header.png

Time stands still when an ancient evil arises from the shaddows. .

dark fantasy, action, mystery, surreal, modern, drama

CS: Linked Below

OOC: Discord
RP: Coming Soon

Lore.png

In a lifeless world so reliant on technology, It is hard to believe that magic used to exist. At least, Most people view the legends passed down from generations as nothing but mere fairytales to explain the simple things our ancestors could not, a wise methodical way to hash it, but that was just not the truth… Magic was and still is very much real, although not believed in today. It was only a matter of time before the keys would come back to reclaim far more than their powers. . their memories, and potentially, their promised lands.

The keys are rare and godlike beings. Each key is blessed with the ability to harness magic. And with that, their own unique handful of power. Only one is born for each land at a time. While they can be killed, their souls are immortal to the earth which they are birthed. With that said, if a key were to be killed, which is not an easy feat, they would soon be reincarnated, however, the memories of their former lives would only return piece by piece until whole again. Of course certain things can trigger a memory or even a whole missing part of their soul’s history. There will be an emphasis on exploring former lives through crossing different triggers such as objects, people, locations, and so on.

The main purpose of the keys is to guard and protect the land that their soul is bonded to. As our characters will come to discover, the Spirit Realm is directly responsible for the very existence of the keys and therefore the whole structure of the Mortal Realm as they used to know it. This side of the playing field is where things such as magic originate, although chaos does not run as rampant as some might assume.

Imagine the Spirit Realm to be familiar yet entirely strange to the Mortal Realm. Consider what it would be like to blend the settings of Studio Ghibli films into one fantastical wonderland. There are seemingly normal villages, landscapes, and things that simply don’t make sense. Technology though, is not up to par with the Mortal Realm as there simply is not a need for advancements. For example, they would use lanterns and cell phones just don’t exist. Further along in our roleplay, there will be opportunities to explore this other world, but for now, I want to go over the character linked to it.

the Spirit Realm is the home to all sorts of races and occupations - just like its mortal counterpart, however, only one class acts as a bridge between the two worlds. Reapers. But Reapers aren’t exactly what you may think they are. No, they aren’t skeletons in dark hooded cloaks wielding a scythe, though they are tasked with bringing mortal souls to the Spirit Realm. My character, Cier, is one of these reapers, but before I can really explain his involvement, we need to dive back onto the topic of keys…

Depending on personal perception, these beings were either worshipped as gods or forced into working from the shadows, detested as if their existence were demonic. Regardless, the world seemed to prosper almost equally for hundreds of years. That didn’t go without saying there weren’t quarrels between the keys and or their nations, or injustices between the vast variety of races and cultures. Nothing was ever perfect.

And yet, Everything seemed as though it had been before he rose to power.

Impera is a key himself, but greed and glory had overcome him. The limelight swiftly took control of his mind. And so one by one he concoured nearly every land he crossed. The remaining kingdoms that had not yet fallen were in panic. Even to those who looked to their key with hope to protect them, there was no way to defeat the Imperious overlord alone. As for many reasons to be uncovered, most of the keys would not work together no matter how hard Cier tried to reason. Maybe there was drama? Betrayal? Rivalry? Only their memories held the truths to their demise. Regardless, the power that Impera gained was far too great as one of his abilities is to play copycat to the people and their keys he slaughtered. A horrible power for a horrible monster.

Yet all was not lost! With the aid of only one key, Cier managed to trap Impera in the dark chambers below the grand clocktower of Celeste. The key named Raine sacrificed her life to create a force field that would keep Impera at bay, but the magic could only hold for so long. And so the reaper would watch over the tower, in the meantime, holding tight onto the souls of the keys who had fallen in Impera’s craze. For nearly five hundred years, the reaper had to wait until it was time to release the souls of the keys. Because, by the time they would all be coming of age, Impera would be clawing his way to freedom from the barrier. As if he had been fermenting, the corrupted key would only come back stronger than before. Will Cier finally be able to gather the keys, will they defeat Impera once and for all - restoring magic to their broken world, or will bitter memories keep them apart?

nQCHUYYsN996sTqKaAoQWpaYUqdv1WBGmuei8W7rTRE0ko6vAveO8R9D5gpD_JmGwKIP4dT4z2E51G2-l8Ov_5sFKvZrH9zzUz3aqNRbXP9LQ9irFqqURvDBx-gbyTgPB5Hweql9C35rFtUkE74K8wg

Our characters will begin in the big sparkling city of Celeste. Imagine throwing London, NYC, and Tokyo into a humongous blender. High population, gloomy rainfall, and rats, but also high tech amongst the beautiful old architecture still lingering among a crowd of skyscrapers. Unlimited entertainment both day and night, overconsumption, and bright fluorescent lights. As a whole, this is a world very much like our own with modern luxuries all over yet with an otherworldly aesthetic. Nature is dull, barely clinging to life even far beyond the city.

While Keys are associated with a land, we are starting in this city because this is where Cier had released their souls. Some characters could have moved to other lands after birth, however if that is decided, said character will have to be introduced at a later point (perhaps adding to our characters need to travel all over the map and eventually, exploring the Spirit Realm.)

Both the legend of Impera and Magic are believed to be folklore for the most part. But on the flipside, all races have weakened to evolve to much more of a humanlike state. For instance, take angels or avians for an example. Once upon a time their wings were able to take them high above the clouds - now today left smaller and flightless.

Transportation mainly consists of trains, cars, and planes, but depending where we are in the world, and how rural, the main sources could very well be boat, wagon, horse, camel, or maybe even a seadragon.. But be wary to travel by sea. The sea is a dangerous place with a plethora of strange phenomenon.

As you might notice while looking at the map, several monsterous beasts are depicted. Seadragon, Octomous, and Gasheel - each posing a unique threat of thier own. Even in the modern world, these creatures are most certainly NOT mythology. Specifically Octomous and Gasheel are few and far between. Meanwhile Seadragon swim in abundant herds.

WPS1N3aOr3cLiDacKalLN6cd-3tWvIlELtUQdutK05SoZraZTl460eU_liE__SCk3MNCvFpWoIWdo326ytxfR1Ol-NboiMErzSLweML58Qdr8iutwQMftx1j-qbPR4w8PEawF35kdpYkaMdISBwO9Fo

Adults Only | Keep this PG13! There will be action, violence, and blood. Above all else, please follow the site guidelines.

Pace | Please understand I am an untreated narcoleptic and so I am online at random utterly unpredictable hours, alongside this curse, I am starting College this spring, so I am looking for 2-3 players who are equally relaxed. Only a handful of posts each week. For post length, I am simply looking for a few paragraphs per character. Nothing crazy. I am not some super advanced writer (yet), however, decent spelling, grammar, and punctuation is to be expected.

Timeskips | There might come a point where someone might suggest a small jump in time. If the rest of the group agrees to it we may timeskip so long as that lost time can be explained (if necessary) In general, I intend to have the roleplay consist of several arcs. Each focusing on a single Nation at a time. Picture each one explored like squares on a massive board game. As stated somewhere in this novel of an interest check: the main characters will essentially be chasing after our main antagonist and his followers all across the world.

Longterm | Please join and actually communicate with the other players. Life happens sometimes and it sucks, so if someone has to take a break or cannot continue the RP for whatever reason simply let everyone know. We can always work around it by either delving into subplots that don’t include missing characters or give one of us the permission to play that character for you until that player’s return. No matter what happens, I need a solid group of dedicated roleplayers who will participate until this is complete. I seriously mean this could last a few years.

OOC | Please be a good noodle!! I will NOT tolerate bullying, racism, homo/transphobia, or anything of the sort! Just be kind, it’s not rocket science.

IC | Goddmodding and Mary/Garysues are forbidden. Do NOT control another player’s character without permission. We will be discussing plots and scenes as a group every step of the way, so there should be no reason for this rule to be broken!

Plots & Subplots | In between scenes that contribute to the overarching storyline we can have many subplots. Consider this “free time” to strengthen character development and social interaction. There may also be “special events” that have little (or a lot) to do with the main plot. Settings such as a party, festival, side quests or short adventures, etc.

Villains | while there is one big boss villain to this story, there should be many minor bad guys that our characters will have to cross paths in order to progress. Whether or not an individual is working under Impera - is to be determined. Some antagonists don’t have to play a huge role. We may even have one or two “protagonists” that betray the main cast later on? Hmm..?

Characters | you may play up to 4 Main Characters only if you are able to keep up with them! I encourage you all to take your time in fleshing out their backgrounds and personalities as well as the Nation you've chosen. Anime faceclaims are preferred and all main characters are to be around the same age range of 18 to 24. NPC characters are, of course, unlimited.

DlVQNl5OdTEdqjYOS1NvoiTktYbGkQjA4rqE_AKw9uawwHRcBbtxUJXT4YotFNYYpP5edLogt5BR2xVhw8B8giPXRvuokH9K77S8xByEcFtw5mpgrIwBFQTAHi-60b8vAiG81BMU_vI888qdH8fR42M

Each key and their nation will be 100% customizable! I’m talking the lore, their powers, their past life, even the culture and name of their nation is completely up to your imagination! Choose land wisely:

updated map 3.6.png
// Map is still in progress!
- I know I spelt "Artic" wrong I am just going to roll with it! let's say it's... "canonically" correct

- You might want to click and scroll to zoom in ( I tried my best :,))

Twilight Sea
A deep dark ocean that sparkles peacefully at night.

Octomous Territory;
The Octomous are bloodthirsty and only slightly smaller than it's neighbor, the Gasheel. It has and will sink any vessel it can stick a tentacle to and hunts prey by constricting them before ripping to shreds with it's jagged beak.

Artic Passages;
ill advised to travel as it is frigid and ice burgs are much harder for ships to avoid.

Northern Aurora;
Literally just Aurora Borealis... or is it?

North Sea
Regarded as the most dangerous Sea of all.

The Great Whirlpool;
A mysterious vortex that has been spinning constantly for several centuries. Those who go to close are never seen again dead or alive.

Seadragon Territory;
Seadragons aren't inherently dangerous, rather their temperament is quite friendly and highly intelligent, yet they do not know their own strength.

Angel Isles;
Three isles off the coast of [#7]. The first is accessible by railed bridge, the other two are by boat.

Fisher Bay;
The most profitable fishing hub in the world. Home to ports, markets, and pirates (both in modern and historical contexts).

Pearl Caverns;
The largest and deepest underwater cave network. It is advised not to go anywhere near it as it seems to cause sailors to become erratic and murderous leading to multiple ghost ship sightings as well as disappearances

Beware Burg;
Burgs of various size litter the North sea. Avoid at all costs.

East Deadman's Alley;
Smackdab between Octomous Territory and the Pearl Caverns (need I say more?)

South Sea
A paradise from heaven towards the west,, but a paradise of hell in the east.

Western Tropica;
True to its name, warm weather and the best place to find exotic seafood and fruits.

Warm Shores;
colorful corals and swarms of tropical fish line white sanded and crystal clear waters.

Froste Corals;
A forest of large fossilized corals standing in the shallow waters of the southern artic.

The Lost Temple;
Well Preserved underwater city of a forgotten people. It is now a metropolis for siren and sea creatures alike.

Siren Isle;
There is a common saying: "What happens on Siren Isle stays on Siren Isle" It is the total vacation destination.

Southern Deadman's Alley;
The south of Deadman's Alley is home to rough seas and violent storms. Many ships have sunk due to wandering too far east.

Gasheel Territory;
The Gasheel is a nightmarish creature that hibernates at the bottom of the Southeastern Sea. It is described to have the head and torso of a devilish beast and the tail of an electric eel. It is blind in light, but best to slow your ship as it can locate vibrations in the water if you aren't lucky enough to be passing by while it's at rest. It emerges to the surface only during the coolness of night to tip over boats with it's claws to swallow it's victims alive and whole. Essentially electrocuting its victims to death as they make their way through the digestive system.

Forbidden Passage;
A passage coined "forbidden" during the reign of Impera due to the dangers of Imperia's skilled sailors and the Gasheel that seek prey towards the west.

★ Capitol
✿ Village
O Station

- - - - Railroad

IMPERIAL EMPIRE/IMPERIA
Formerly Lijia
Key: Impera
Played by Wulf
tba

VIVAMOUS
Key: Silva/Interritus
Played by Daylight

tba

OASIS OF ZAHARIA
Key: Kephri/Zahara
Played by Dove

tba

TSAVOSA
Key: Nayacel/Rak
Played by Ian

tba

ALKOSA
Key: Su/Al'Tura
Played by Al'
tba

CELESTE
Key: Amaya/Raine
Played by Savi
tba

ASHENVALE
Key: Nyx/Ithil
Played by Phayne
tba

DIVINE/VALLEN
Key: Aria
Played by Wulf
tba

KAELION
Key: Faemer
Played by LatinKnight
tba

SIKUVIK
Key: Astrid/Malika
Played by Slyvio
tba

» [DEATH - PORTALS] «
0:00 〇────── 5:06

↺ |◁ II ▷| ♡
"𝘪𝘮𝘮𝘰𝘳𝘵𝘢𝘭 𝘣𝘺 𝘥𝘦𝘴𝘪𝘨𝘯. .

𝘐'𝘭𝘭 𝘣𝘦 𝘮𝘦𝘦𝘵𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘩𝘦𝘳𝘦 𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳𝘺𝘵𝘪𝘮𝘦"

[/font]

Last edited:
Greetings and salutations, I understand you're looking for a smaller group but I would like to throw in my interest if you're willing to take on more!

Oh WOW hi hello everyone!! I’m blown away by how many of you are interested OK I will have a CS up sometime tomorrow morning! I am open to expanding the player count though spots are first come first served so in the meantime I’d be getting your sheets made and ready - and may the odds ever be in your favor ~

I'll be brewing up smth for Nation #4 🫡

Would it be okay to send questions now through DMs or shall we wait for an OOC to be made for that?

Throwing my interest in if there is still room and if there isn't, would you please message me if a spot opens up? ^^ lonewulf lonewulf

I'll be brewing up smth for Nation #4 🫡

Would it be okay to send questions now through DMs or shall we wait for an OOC to be made for that?
Questions can be public or through DM, but that’s up to you - ask away! I will make an OOC thread shortly after making the CS

ALSO, since there are so many of you interested, I am willing to give away the role of Raine (key of Celeste) if anyone is interested in snagging her! ✨

ALSO, since there are so many of you interested, I am willing to give away the role of Raine (key of Celeste) if anyone is interested in snagging her! ✨
Has her character and nation been fully fleshed out already?

That’s the one I’m eyeing too! ^D^
Oh my ;-; we're gonna have to fight for the nation it would seem?

I was planning to make an islander/SEA-inspired nation

Questions can be public or through DM, but that’s up to you - ask away! I will make an OOC thread shortly after making the CS
Roger roger, thank you! I have some things to do but I'll definitely hit you up in the near future

Oh my ;-; we're gonna have to fight for the nation it would seem?

I was planning to make an islander/SEA-inspired nation
And yet again great minds think alike! Definitely islanders! X3

Was thinking of making mine home of sun worshiping cat people (nekos)

So is Raine her current birth name or the one she had before reincarnation? Also would she still have a type of force field ability like in her past life or could it be different?
Raine is the name she had before reincarnation, and yes, she would have the same abilities though force field does not have to be the exact same. If that makes sense, you could give more depth to her powers as It also does not have to be her only ability.

I am gunning for the Oasis. I'm excited to start my sheet. Are we going to have a discord btw?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back