• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy CLOSED : Looking to Build A Party of Adventurers!

Isolus

Lady of the Lexicon
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
CLOSED. . . for now while we sort into groups! Thank you everyone who expressed interest <3

Fantasy Roleplay | Summer Search Thread

TIDINGS, TRAVELER . . .
Quick Roleplay Rules I only roleplay third person in paragraph or novella form. No godmodding or OP characters. Character sheets and face claims are optional but greatly preferred. I'm also comfortable roleplaying either romance themes (including LGBT+ representation) or platonic themes (characters under 18).
I'll make this short and sweet! I'm really craving some fantasy roleplays involving either found family themes or your standard adventure quest with some fun party bonding. An idea player for these cravings would either enjoy playing multiple characters (at least two characters per person) or they enjoy play with a small group of players (3 or 4 players are ideal).

Players should be able to write paragraph style responses (anywhere from 2 to 6 paragraphs), they should also be alright with themes that contain mild violence and should know to avoid OP or god-modding situations! Romance is completely optional, But Platonic relationships are always welcome so long as they make sense or develop naturally. We can either world-build our own world or hop into the fantasy world I set up for go-to stories! Just let me know what your preferences are.

ezgif-com-gif-maker-2.gif

STORY IDEAS . . . Here's some simple quest themed plots to get some ideas flowing! They can easily be built upon or we left as they are:

The Tree between Life and Death || A god of mischief has plagued our characters dreams with an image of a mystical talking tree. No matter how much they try to forget it, the mischievous deity keeps finding ways to reminding them of that cursed tree. Until one, when everyone thinks they're dreaming, they realize that they are all stuck together in the same dream. No longer sure of what is fact and what is fiction, the group must work together to escape an ever change dreamscape that produces new land and new trials.

[Closed!] The Last Among the Flames || Our characters find themselves in a small town, each going about their own business. Yet as their luck would have it, it would be right as an enemy kingdom decides to invade. The city erupts into utter chaos once the flames die, our group somehow stands united as the only survivors and with such a bleak aftermath, it's up to them to pave a chance for a far happier ending.

The Captives of the Queen || The queen of Aria is a superstitious monarch. She had sworn she saw fire raining from the sky and heard bells tolling dark omens of her kingdom's downfall. She even swears to have dreamt of those who would bring these end days forward. Believing she can appease some dark growling god through a sacrifce, the Mad Queen orders our characters (the faces she saw in her dreams) captured to act as ritual sacrifices for this sacred sacrament. Yet our group isn't so ready and willing to sit idly by while a mad monarch plans their demise and so they plot their escape.

Forced Champions On The Run || Two ruling pantheons in the realm, one good and one evil, are constantly at odds. In a lost temple in the west coast, a cult abducts our characters and holds them underground, believing that they are chosen champions who will awaken the dark dead gods and bring forth a new age to the realm. Their plan is to groom them into their new roles through whatever means necessary. This is the incentive for our characters to work together not only to escape and stay away from the cult, but to stop them from causing an apocalyptic disaster.

[Closed!] Magical Apocalypse || Strange magical anomalies begin to corrupt mortal people and is causing mass hysteria. Affected people are quarantined, taken by the church or sometimes marked for death. Magical Anomalies began abruptly blooming from an unknown source - they appears like a mindless ghoul, a magical mist with no true consciousness or intelligence. But upon coming into contact with an object or person, they'll end up "possessing" them and causing their magical power to grow inside them like a parasite. In the beginning, its impossible to predict what effect an anomaly will have, and their wild foreign-ness makes a lot of people think that it's actually the possessed people or objects that are producing the effects, rather than the other way around. Our characters form a group of survivors escape and start their new lives on the road, evading those tainted and seeking a haven to hide from the outbreak (or a possible cure).

ezgif-com-gif-maker-2.gif

CHARACTER IDEAS . . . I have too many fleshed characters to be able to fully explain in one thread so I thought it might be easier to list any fun relationships (with [x] for romantic and [+] for platonic) that we could build off that! Bolded parts are the parts I prefer to play. If neither are bolded, then I have no preference. I support any gender pairings!

Any Alignment x Chaotic Evil
Any Alignment x Chaotic Good
✥ Chaotic Evil x Lawful Evil

✥ Badass x Badass
✥ Chosen One x Fated Enemy
✥ Idealist x Realistic
Player with a Heart of Gold x Pure Bean
✥ Reckless Badass x Annoyed But Impressed
✥ Reckless Badass x "Ok, don't be long."
✥ Sasster x Equally Sassy Sasster
Tired Mom Friend x Endearing Brat

Bard x Anything
Cursed!Princess x Knight
Cursed!Princess x Dark!Knight
Monster Hunter x Anything
Paladin x Anything
Rogue x Anything

Any Good Alignment + Chaotic Evil
Chaotic Good + Chaotic Good
Lawful Good + Chaotic Good

✥ Big Scary + "You're the only one I tolerate."
✥ Hurt!Tall + Patient!Smol
✥ Innocent!Happy + Moody!Protecc
✥ Orphan + Anything
✥ Patient!Tall + Hurt!Smol
Sweet Bean + "Touch Them and You Die."
Wise Tall + Curious Energy Bundle
Only One They Like + Redeemed Villain

Monster Hunter + Smol!Monster
Monster Hunter + Smol!Witch
Smol!Healer + Knight
Smol!Healer + Alchemist
Wizard + Apprentice
Wizard + Smol!Creature

Shoot me a DM or respond to this thread if interested! Looking forward to crafting a fun adventure together!

The Road Goes Ever On... But We Will Meet Again

Last edited:
This sounds fun (I especially like the last one - magical apocalypse).

I’m Gen. I am new to this website (just getting my bearings), but I have been RPing for many years.

I write in third person and love character development, especially in a ‘group of adventurers’ setting. 😁

First. I have a question. Was this meant for the 1x1 interest check? This sorta seems like a group interest check. Also. I would like to request playing a smol witch in a magic apoclypse. Cute and powerful is always fun.

This sounds fun (I especially like the last one - magical apocalypse).

I’m Gen. I am new to this website (just getting my bearings), but I have been RPing for many years.

I write in third person and love character development, especially in a ‘group of adventurers’ setting. 😁

Welcome to the site, Gen! I’d love to roleplay something with you. I can shoot you a private message during my lunch break and we can discuss details!

Last edited:
First. I have a question. Was this meant for the 1x1 interest check? This sorta seems like a group interest check. Also. I would like to request playing a smol witch in a magic apoclypse. Cute and powerful is always fun.

Hi! This thread is for 1x1 mostly but if people share a common interest in one idea, then it only makes sense to see if it could be made into a small group.

Do you have a preference for either?

All those ideas seem really interesting in terms of what plot can be done. Especially the Last along the flame one. Is there perhaps any room for this skeleton lad to throw their hat into the ring?

What an absolutely amazing interest check. I’m drawn to this like the proverbial moth to the flame, particularly Magical Apocalypse and Captives of the Queen. I‘m equally fine with 1x1 or small group if there are any spaces available in either of them?

All those ideas seem really interesting in terms of what plot can be done. Especially the Last along the flame one. Is there perhaps any room for this skeleton lad to throw their hat into the ring?

Of course, we'd love to have you! I'll add you into the group once I'm able!

What an absolutely amazing interest check. I’m drawn to this like the proverbial moth to the flame, particularly Magical Apocalypse and Captives of the Queen. I‘m equally fine with 1x1 or small group if there are any spaces available in either of them?

Thank you so much! We've got a small group about to set up for the Magical Apocalypse idea, I'd be happy to bring you into a group chat with everyone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back