• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy (Closed/Cancelled) - A Path to Vengeance (RP Thread)

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Goozer walks quietly towards Taliman for a bit then twirls his shield on his pointer finger before resting it on his arm. Lurg looks around a bit at the building around him wondering if he will ever be able to see his rebellion succeed, but he quickly brushes the thought away, after all he wont give up fighting after all these years of bloodshed and sweat and tears. Goozer then turns to look at Taliman.

He says in a calm voice "I cannot thank you enough for rescuing me from that mess, slavery is a horrible thing, just as all law is, now, I want to know a bit about you so would you mind telling me a little about yourself?" Goozer stops walking and fully faces his face and body towards Taliman, then waits for a response.

Fatigue settled in her bones, the dull ache in her back still ever present. Rest was most welcome, though she knew she didn't quite care for whatever the morning brought. At least sleep was some semblance of peace at least. When the scaled man appeared to agree with her words, Vys subtly sighed in relief. She had briefly seen what was to be her quarters for the evening, and she was looking forward to settling down in the simple abode. It was better than most, if not all, places she had the misfortune of sleeping in. The silver-haired woman is given a pair of spectacles that look unconventional, but she doesn't comment on it. She ever so slightly recoils when he produces a set of three silver coins, apparently one for each of them. She cannot help the suspicious look that crosses her features, emerald eyes glinting in the small bit of light that lingers within the alleyway. While not exactly insistent, he didn't appear to be lying either. It took her more than a moments hesitation to decide, but when she finally did, she delicately plucked one of the silver coins from his grasp and muttered a simple thank you.

Returning to the room couldn't come soon enough. A meal was obtained with the silver coin, something that she be considered more extravagant than the gruel she usually ate. Within the safety of the personal room, she shoveled down the meal with little care for manners. Not that there was anyone to judge her anyway. If she were smarter she might have savored every morsel and took her time, but she desperately needed real sustenance to the point she just inhaled everything; not a crumb of stale bread was left on her plate, not a drop of soup within the bowl. She even licked the mug of ale clean.

With the warm meal settling within her belly, she lay back onto the bed. It wasn't moss or sweet grass, but she could imagine, for once, that the plush comfort was something like home.

----

A deep sleep took over the faun, so deep in fact, that not even the bustling sounds on the streets could awaken her immediately. There were no dreams, no memories of the life she used to lead before her bondage, just the blissful darkness of deep, sweet sleep. The warmth and comfort of a bed mixed with the craziness of the previous day did well to allow her some more time to sleep.

Until she heard the familiar sounds of whips and the cries of the abused.

Her eyes snapped open and she shot up in her bed, heart pounding until she remembered where she was. She allowed herself a more exaggerated, yet still relieved sigh of relief to escape her lips and she flopped back down on the bed. With her heartrate back to normal, Vys reluctantly rose. She painfully dragged her fingers through her hair in an attempt to comb the few horrid tangles that lingered in the longer parts of hair, giving up when the knots seemed to get worse instead of better. Her fur was easier to manage, especially now that it was dried after the unconventional bath she was given the day before. Running her fingers through the warm brown fur, she pulled out the last bits of dried mud and ick before she was satisfied. Well, as satisfied as she could be. Maybe she could test her new Master and his intentions. He promised her a bath, but did that include a comb to tidy up her hair? She wondered if he would, considered how chopped up her hair was already. Might not be worth it.

After being permitted to seek her Master within the tavern, Vys cautiously made her way to where he was waiting, avoiding other patrons, especially their gazes. There were places set up at the table, just enough for the four of them. The Drow was already there, wearing the strange black spectacles she had been given the night before; and if Vys' ears were correct, the woman could speak a small bit of common.

"Good morning," Vys whispered as she sat down, though made it a point to still keep her distance from the others. She glances up at Taliman as another creature (Goozer) approaches. She averts her gaze, though her twitching ears give away her attentiveness of the conversation.

Another slave?

Goozer looks at her funny, then puts a hand up showing before Taliman responds he would like to talk with Vys. "Knew it, everyone is afraid or disgusted by the hobgoblin, that's why you moved your head right? well it does not matter I'm not going to hurt you, I lead a rebellion, for anarchy, not a rebellion for oppression. So I would like to ask you something, and please do look directly at "The monster" while he speaks" he says obviously reffering to himself. "What's your stance on the political situation at the moment? And would you be willing to kill for your freedom. I can't win this war without a sidekick"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back