• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom {CLOSED} Camp Half-Blood: The Titan's Son {OOC Chat}

Retro-Grey Retro-Grey - Glad there is such a thing known as Ambrosia in this time and era. =] Besides, it was only one rib that was perfectly snapped, and she managed to pop it back into place... But as of the moment from both breaking and replacing her bone by hand, she is in a LOT of pain.

Ummmm. You don't snap a rib back into place, since you can't dislocate them. If a rib breaks then it's broken, and ambrosia/nectar won't heal a broken bone instantly just speed up the process of it's natural healing. SynKast SynKast

A.) You can dislocate a rib, it's known as a Floating Rib

B.) My character didn't dislocate a rib, she snapped it perfectly. Meaning with a little pressure, she can, in fact snap it the bone back together. And perfect snaps take a LOT less time to heal than a typical break... So, the ambrosia would speed up the process and in like, an hour or so she'd be rearing and ready to go.

A.) Floating Ribs are the last two rib pairs that aren't attached to the sternum, as opposed as to the rest which are connected to the sternum. You cannot dislocate a bone that doesn't have a socket or joint.

B.) A snapped rib is a fractured a rib, and while a fracture can go clean through the bone, you are not supposed to touch it. Meaning with a little pressure could accidentally puncture an organ if she attempted to "snap it back into place". A fractured rib takes 1 to 2 months to heal completely, and that's the kind with clean breaks. Also, since mortals (demigods) aren't able to consume much ambrosia and/or nectar, the minimum time it would possibly take for the bone to heal would be at least three weeks, but that's if Sibbi is treated daily with the godly food.

SynKast SynKast

-flails- Don't be getting mad at me, I'm no doctor! Also... Blame Damien... He's the bubble blower who launched Sibbi into a tree.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back