• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy [Closed] A nation in havoc

Any wity response Nia would have had was immediately shut down. Her eyes widened with an 'ooh!' and she looked down at her legs, placing her hands on her lap, her cheeks turned the same color as her hair speaking quickly she- not really speaking. More like really fast. Uh: 'omgmygodimgoingtodiethisactuallyhappened! OMG OMG OMG PANIC!!!!!!!'

"UHHH I-I I m-m-mean. T-the idea that I would- with you. It's just. N-no way! Not that I wouldn't want to, the thought has crossed my mind before... I MEAN! Uh...."
she pulled up her hood and put her face on the table, a whine soon emerging, muffled from under the fabric and against the table "Nia isn't here now. If you have a message please leave it with my steward Samuel." She pointed at his seat "I'll be sure to respond to it eventually" her hand fell back to the table.
Rhaine Rhaine Caffeine Freak Caffeine Freak TheCountryWarrior TheCountryWarrior JessBeth JessBeth

"Eh? Novel? You mean rude man write stories?!" Borba look at Samuel as she also look at Defessus in amaze. Then when Sam tell her that it will be good to sleep inside the room with bed and be protected from the Boogeymen. "Huh? I am no scared of anything!!"
Then Dan told her that Boogeymen do not exist. "Oh, are you saying they are fake?" Then she make a big mess when her big arm accidentally hit the waiter and he drop some beers on the floor. "Oh, sorry...." She try to help that man out as he scream, "GET AWAY FROM ME YOU MONSTER!!!" Borba look at him as he ran away in fear. ".........." She didn't say a word as she walk out of the bar and walk to the woods and sit behind the tree.

Duke of Doge Duke of Doge Rhaine Rhaine Caffeine Freak Caffeine Freak TheCountryWarrior TheCountryWarrior

Ru was absolutely thrilled when Dan joined in with her, though she was careful not to let it show on her face. She crossed her arms, pretending to be suddenly aloof, dropping her gaze so she wouldn't betray the light look in her eyes. "It doesn't particularly matter whether you believe us or not. Though...physical proof would be very hard to come by. I don't think it's possible for any man to incapacitate a troll. Besides being ever so big and strong, they're silent as the grave. They reside in the deep, dark parts of the forest, where even the bravest fear to go." Though she and Dan may have been playing a bit of a game with the Paladin, a very real part of her, most likely the child in her, did believe in the existence of such beings.

Her eyes rose to Dan at her side, and she resisted the urge to laugh, opting for the most serious look she could manage. "Perhaps we've told him too much. Fenwood's secrets aren't to be so freely given out."

Cassander was extremely endeared by Nia's response to his coy suggestion, as always. He was, without a doubt, a complete flirt, and Nia was his favorite subject. He hadn't ever done much more than give a few trifles or suggestions that could be interpreted other ways here and there, and Nia's reactions had always been relatively the same. Still, he was taken aback by the quiet admittance she let slip, and he took note of it for further inspection at a later date. He wanted to pursue it, but knew it wasn't the time. All the same, he retained his poise. He gave a mock-puzzled look. "Why, Rose, what is it you thought I meant?" He gave a, "tut tut," shaking his head in mock disapproval, looking to Sam. "Dalanians... such filthy minds, the lot of you."

He was startled by the commotion that centered around the female Orc, who if he recalled correctly, referred to herself as Borba. He straightened up.

Ru, ever in possession of a quick tongue, sobered herself, looking to the waiter. "That's no way to treat people! She said she was sorry." She understood that the man had most likely been afraid, but she saw no cause for such a reaction.

TheCountryWarrior TheCountryWarrior Duke of Doge Duke of Doge Caffeine Freak Caffeine Freak JessBeth JessBeth

Last edited:
Samuel slammed the table with a fist. "Trolls? Terrorizing this town at night? Bastards!" He leveled a grim look at an equally clueless Defessus. "I trust Dan and Ru with my life, Defessus, they would never lead us astray on such a dire piece of information!" Sam punched the air, flipping his chair over behind him. "I shall avenge Fenwood of this troll plague! Those abominations will- Maybe later, actually, I'm kinda thirsty." Pulling his chair back up, Samuel ordered a drink from the passing serving girl.

Remembering he'd become Nia's impromptu steward, Samuel quickly straightened himself out and addressed Cassander. "Trying to flirt with my employer but not me? I thought you Calcians had manners." He fixed Cass with a grin, trying not to relish too much in Nia's discomfort.

Defessus did, in fact, feel pretty clueless. A beast that couldn't be defeated? That was nonsense! At least he was pretty sure it was nonsense.

Dan somberly agreed with Ru. "Yes your right. We most definitely said to much. The full story is only for the most trusted of individuals, and you most certainly haven't gained that trust." He looked with a disapproving glare at the waiter. "Wow. You scream if the Orc swings at you, not if it knocks over a drink. Way to overreact to a normal situation."

Defessus looked over as well. "Pal, even coming from me, that wasn't very helpful." Feeling he was done with the waiter, his face showed a mix of suspicion and excitement as he looked to the two. "Him?" He pointed a finger at Dan with a "yeah right" smirk. "Is he trusted by the Elves, or you? Because he quite often looks evil, I'm calling it! He's going to fall to the dark side."

Rhaine Rhaine Duke of Doge Duke of Doge
Caffeine Freak Caffeine Freak JessBeth JessBeth
Gridlock Gridlock

Last edited:
The tall Elven serving girl returned with the drinks and food the group had ordered. Ru gave a, "Thank you," and a smile as she was handed her cider. The gold, alcoholic liquid burned heady on her tongue and down her throat. It warmed her - loosened her limbs. Ru was, very unsurprisingly, a total light-weight, and it didn't take much for her to gain a bit of a pleasant buzz. Ru gave a bit of a gasp at Defessus' words, though she was certainly more amused than upset. Rosy cheeked and decidedly cheerful, she rested a hand on Dan's shoulder. "Do hold your tongue, sir. Dan is my - my very close confidant and I won't have you say a word against him."

Cassander gave a laugh at Samuel's response, and he brushed the stray curly locks from his face. A darkly delighted look came to his eyes and he shifted in his seat. "Manners? Perhaps, though more so in the context of charm and allure rather than integrity. All the same," He shifted into a state of mock seriousness and contrition. "You are right. I apologize, Samuel. It was never my intention to make you feel left out." He gave another laugh, his next words playful in manner. "As I continue my conquest of subtle seduction, I won't neglect you so cruelly."

TheCountryWarrior TheCountryWarrior Duke of Doge Duke of Doge Caffeine Freak Caffeine Freak

Last edited:
Mia finally sat up. Grabbing the thing she ordered, and taking a sip of her red wine. She then looked at Cassander, her cheeks still red. "Conquest of subtle seduction?" She softly echoed. She raised a brow at him. "D-does that mean you're..." there was a five second pause as she composed herself. "Interested in me now are you Cassander? I will not be conquered easily mind you." She smiled "Now Samuel! He'll be easily seduced"
Rhaine Rhaine Caffeine Freak Caffeine Freak TheCountryWarrior TheCountryWarrior

Dan nodded grimly. "Indeed. I am the only human to have been given the secrets of this forest. And I will guard those secrets with my life." He gladly took the drink offered him with a thank you and drank. He smacked his lips to better taste it, like some sort of cider connoisseur. "Whoa. You Elves know how to make cider."

Defessus asked the waitress for a water. He never fully met the girl's gaze. "Well then Daniel. I assume your name is Daniel since you go by Dan. How did you manage to gain such trust?"

Caffeine Freak Caffeine Freak
Gridlock Gridlock

Borba, is outside the bar, sitting behind the tree and listening the noises inside the bar. She hide be hide the tree so no one start to get scared or scream when they see her. She look on her arm and her hand. "......a monster....." She whispers as she slowly look up and see the sky. ".......the Outside world is so....lively....." She look back at the bar, wondering if those group is enjoying themselves.

TheCountryWarrior TheCountryWarrior Duke of Doge Duke of Doge Caffeine Freak Caffeine Freak Rhaine Rhaine

Samuel nodded his thanks as the server brought him his cider, which he picked up before shifting out of his chair. "Actually, my lady, now that I have been successful in revealing this sinister Calcian figure's plans of seduction, I think maybe you two should have a one-to-one chat." He tucked in his chair with a sip of his cider. "Don't mind me, I'll just admire the scenery." Sam arched an amused eyebrow at Cass before promptly sauntering toward the door.

TheCountryWarrior TheCountryWarrior JessBeth JessBeth

Cassander received Sam's look with a nod and a smile. Ordering himself a cider from a passing server, which was quickly provided, he turned his full attention to Nia. He leaned a bit closer to the girl, not one to be flustered by forwardness or anything of the like. Quite the contrary - he enjoyed all forms of courting intrigue, and he took to it like he was made to do so. He had been attempting to court Nia for what...a handful of years? One would of thought he would have been discouraged after such a long while, but he had always been a great fan of a challenge, and in any case he was too smitten to think otherwise.

"'Interested in you now?' My interest is hardly a new development, though I am...glad to find you've finally caught on." His dark eyes were trained on her face, maintaining a spark to his features. He spoke true. Her words almost made him want to laugh. How trivial she made it seem. "As for you not being an easy conquest," He paused for a moment, leaning back in his chair, a bit of a grin smoothing over his visage. "I should certainly hope not."

The cider had begun to not burn so much as it went down, which only meant that Ru was certainly becoming less uptight than usual. The alcohol had brought a flush to her complexion and had lessened her reservations. She spoke her thoughts more easily, without self-conscious measure beforehand. She gave a small hum that might have been a laugh as Dan spoke of his dedication to the "secrets" of Fenwood. "So well spoken." She looked from Dan to Defessus. "Doesn't he speak just so very well?"

A song lived in the moments between her words, as she had begun to absentmindedly, quietly hum a tune. She shook her head at Defessus' next words. "It doesn't do to assume, sir. I'm afraid you're wrong, though I won't be the one to correct you. It's not my secret to tell." She gave Dan a smile. "He has earned my trust as all must do - by proving themselves to be trustworthy, of course."

Duke of Doge Duke of Doge TheCountryWarrior TheCountryWarrior Caffeine Freak Caffeine Freak

Nia stared at him, a embarrassed sort of blush now effectively permanent on her face. Her heart rate began to increase 'that was smooth' she would comment in her mind. 'Come on Nia! You're a Davion! You can't fall for him so easily! With his dark brown eyes and... amazing smile... and............... shit. It's happening isnt it?' She took a deep breath. "So. Cassander, do you intend to win me over like some type of prize? Or is there somthing more that lies beneath your attraction?" She used his full name on purpose.
Rhaine Rhaine

Dan laughed and shook his head in disbelief. "And this is, what, your third sip of alcohol? You're already three steps from wasted." Dan took another sip. The burn down his throat proved he would not have such an easy time. "Yes Paladin! You must prove to be trustworthy, or no one will ever trust you."

Defessus thanked the server as she brought his water, still not meeting her gaze, and drank from the cool, non-alcoholic liquid. "Well assumptions are often quite helpful, when paired with experience. That's why I'm not getting drunk in unknown territory."

Dan paused, his drink an inch from his lips. He set the drink down with probably more force than necessary, a grim glare directed at the table. The Paladin was right. They were most likely being hunted by some sort of demon, bandits and Goblins seemed to have it out for them, and Dan could only assume there were bad people looking for him. People all too willing to hurt Ru.

Defessus nodded grimly. "Yeah, you get it."

Dan glared at him. "You need to stop raining on everybody's parade." He looked past the corner of his eye to Ru, who seemed to be feeling the effects of the cider already. She seemed more carefree than he had seen her since he met her. He took a small sip.

No carefree drunken state for him. He needed to keep watch while the others enjoyed each other's company.

Caffeine Freak Caffeine Freak
Gridlock Gridlock

Ru remained flushed and relaxed in posture, though she didn't sway or possess any loss of basic motor skills. She was only more brave, more at ease than she may have been otherwise. The pleasant buzz soothed her, but she was hardly anywhere near impeded. She appreciated the danger they may have been in well enough, but she was home now. This was far from unknown territory. It wasn't just the Paladin's condescending tone that didn't sit well with her, though she wasn't surprised. She was more concerned with him upsetting Dan and bringing him from the rare cheerful state she had hoped he would reside in for as long as he could. She grasped Dan's arm gently, aiming to bring him back from the stern, vigilant place she knew he could slip away into so easily.

"No one said anything about getting drunk. There's no crime in enjoying a moment while you can. In fact, I'd say it's important - healthy even." She looked to Dan at her side, hoping to bring his attention to her as she spoke. "You're not responsible for the rest of us. It's not your burden to bear alone. We're all aware of the danger we face."

Cassander wanted to laugh out of disbelief, though he remained quiet, his eyes fixed on Nia. He shook his head, an earnestness taking residence in his form and expression. "I thought you knew me better than that." He gave another shake of his head, leaning forward, engaged entirely now - almost frustrated. "A prize? You suggest I think of you as an object? Something as impermanent and unfeeling as material wealth?" His words still retained their light quality, though his meaning burned beneath it. A disbelieving sort of smile took form over his mouth. He only wished for her to understand his meaning and intention. "When you say 'attraction,' you mean it to be shallow in context - you associate it with a pale sort of desire. I hope you do not truly think me so cruel." His gaze softened for a moment, and his voice drew quieter. "I have only the deepest of sentiment and regard for you. My respect, devotion, and attraction, as you so lovingly put it," He paused, his smile returning for a brief moment. "-are grounded in the most vast sense of ardency I am capable of."

TheCountryWarrior TheCountryWarrior Duke of Doge Duke of Doge

Samuel, meanwhile, leant against the hearth of the inn. While he enjoyed his time in the bar, he found himself yearning for the serenity of a more quiet setting. The crisp evening air didn't disappoint him, although Sam only deigned to give Cass a good minute or two before he strolled back inside and third-wheeled the pair for being such slow flirts. Rather, he found himself distracted by trying to picture what their children would look like, and had inadvertently spent a number of minutes outside. "Red hair and dark eyes. Oh boy." He muttered wistfully, idly flipping a copper up and down in his palm. "And naturally, they'll name the first boy Samuel. And he'll call me uncle. And I get to show him how to brew drugs and explosives!" The copper clattered to the ground as the hand that was meant to catch it was instead punching the sky. "No... Maybe that's a little too far." He bent down to pick up the copper. "Teaching him explosives would just be dangerous."

TheCountryWarrior TheCountryWarrior JessBeth JessBeth

Dan's eyes met hers, gaze immediately softening. "Well... I guess I want you all to relax for but a moment. You've all earned it." His voice softened to a whisper to not upset the two royals. "Nia lost seemingly her entire country, Cassander lost the home he grew up in, Sam probably lost a drug stash in the collapse, you saw and did much more than someone like you should ever have to." He leaned into his chair, the signs of sorrow barely showing on his face. "Therefore it's my honor to watch out while you all enjoy some pleasantries for a change. Not that I'd know what honor is." He shook his head, attempting to banish these annoying negative thoughts without much success. "Thanks a lot Paladin."

Defessus stood up to head back to a corner. He couldn't help but feel they didn't want him around. The obvious murderer was ranting about doing the right thing and he was tired of it. He had met people like him, and it was only a matter of time before he totally snapped.

Because that's how it should go, isn't it?

Caffeine Freak Caffeine Freak JessBeth JessBeth
Gridlock Gridlock

Last edited:
Ru gave a small exasperated sigh, letting go of his arm as she leaned forward in her chair, resting an elbow on the table. Emboldened and comfortable, she spoke her mind freely. "Sometimes I just don't understand why you constantly feel the need to be the sacrifice - the one who must endure the brunt of the blow for all the others." Her words were soft, and her gaze searched his as if he were a puzzle she was earnestly trying to work out. She gave a small shake of her head. "What if I want you to relax? What if you have earned it? What then?"

She twirled a strand of her dark hair around her finger, almost lost in thought. There weren't many things that Ru enjoyed more than a puzzle. "Why must it be your job to watch out for everyone else? We're all grown. We're all capable of watching out for ourselves." She waited intently for an answer.

TheCountryWarrior TheCountryWarrior

Dan stared into her eyes with surprise. In truth... he had no clue. He was silent a moment, thinking of a suitable answer. "I suppose... I suppose it's because you all deserve so much better than our current circumstance, and if I wasn't here I would probably be doing the same thing I'm forced to here on our journey. I'd still be killing people with the things I create. I can't think of an alternative where I get to act like you. Compassionate, valuing life. I would've ended up an uncaring husk of malice, if I hadn't met you all. I guess it's my way of saying thank you."

He chuckled sadly, which is entirely possible he's recently learned. "Which of course means I'm saying 'Thanks for stopping me from killing for a living, now I'm going to watch for people to kill so you don't have to'. Which doesn't make sense to me." He started rubbing his forehead. "Existential crisises give me a headache. That's new."

Rhaine Rhaine

Nia simply nodded "good..." she was honestly at a lack of words, she was still comprehending what was happening. Mia then looked into Cassander's eyes "so... what does this mean... for us?" She looked away "Where do we go from here? I'm-" she closed her eyes "I'm not." There was a pause "I'm not sure... I don't know what to say, what to feel, what to do." She felt a pang in her heart at the half rejection she was giving Cassander. She just... had to work things out. Emotions and junk, you know how it is.
Rhaine Rhaine

Ru took no pause. Her eyes carried a good deal of heaviness that was balanced by the lightness of her expression. It was as if she carried a secret at the corner of her mouth, sincere and heartfelt. "I think you're wrong." Her words were still soft, a steady pace without rush. Her eyes didn't leave him, and she gave a faint shake of her head. "You would have found your way, perhaps not as soon, but eventually. I believe that. You should too." The slightest of bittersweet smiles found the curve of her lips. "Who you are now - who you will be years from now, is who you were before the world had its way with you. You deserve the right to a moment - to pleasure, just like the rest of us." She traced her fingertip over the rim of her glass.

"There is no debt that you have to pay to anyone, save for yourself. You're an equal here - among friends." Her eyes fell for just a moment before returning. "We can't spend what peace we have worrying about what might happen in the future." Her words came freely from her mind, without thinking them through as she usually did. "In any case...I miss you when you go away to that cold, watchful place. I'd much rather have you here with me."

Cassander blinked, completely still for a moment after she had finished. He rested back in his chair, retreating into himself once more. It may not have been the response he had hoped for, but it did not upset him harshly. After pouring one's heart out to the subject of one's affections, disappointment was to be expected just as well as fulfillment. She hadn't spoken a word of reciprocation or affirmation, and in that respect, he was let down. Still, he directed no negative feeling towards her. He did not regret his words. It was better that she understand his feelings rather than suffer a misconception.

He gave a small shake of his head. "There...There is nothing that I wish of you - nothing that I expect. If -" He paused, running a hand through his hair. "There are issues of higher importance for you to concern yourself with." His words were quiet, yet firm enough.

Dan smile contained warmth and sorrow, though the sorrow was clearly fading by the second. "Well in that case I suppose I don't have much choice. I wouldn't want to leave you all alone on the shores of happiness while I've sailed off to self-pity land." He took along gulp of the cider, which seemed to taste better than it did a moment earlier. "Because truth be told? I'd much rather be here with you too."

Rhaine Rhaine

Nia went quiet, drinking from her wine glass, she sneaked peaks at Cassander every now and then. Her breathing was noticeably quicker. The alcohol soon beginning to take effect. It brought forth memories, which she attempted to blur out and focus on the present- on Cassander. She succeed thankfully. Only now did she look up at him with a childish smile. "Cass. Wanna have some fun?" She said this in an entirely innocent and fun type of fun... not the other kind of fun. How Cassander would take this statement however all depends on him.
Rhaine Rhaine

Ru's smile increased in intensity for a moment, dimples and all. She took another drink of her cider, brushing a stray strand of dark hair behind a long, pointed ear. Her eyes lingered over him before she spoke, a small smile still pressed over her features. "Would you say you're someone who can hold their liquor well enough, Dan?" She tilted her head to the side as she addressed him, still fiddling with a strand of her hair between her fingertips.

Cassander sat in silence, gaze drifting over the other people inhabiting the inn ground floor. Every now and again, he took a sip of his cider. It soothed him well enough, and he was glad of it. He wasn't exactly sure how he should be feeling in the moment. He was more confused than anything else, though that was hardly new. He had thought he and Nia had always been alike in constitution and bearing, and had almost convinced himself that whatever feeling he voiced would be shared in some degree. However, he hadn't received a shred of requite.

At the sound of his name taking form in her voice, his gaze finally rested on her once more. He perked an eyebrow, crossing his arms. "Always - even when it is discouraged. What exactly do you have in mind?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back