• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy [Closed] A nation in havoc

Nia happily trotted into town, smiling and waving at everyone she saw, her hood was down- letting everyone see her distinct red hair. She stopped her horse at the sight of a lone boy dressed in rags. An orphan most likely...
Nia dismounted, got an apple from her bag, and a gold coin from her coin purse. Pressing the coin into the apple, she knelt on one knee and held it out to the boy with a smile. "Here." And the boy took it before running off, she couldnt imagine the boys suprise once he discovered the coin.
Rhaine Rhaine Caffeine Freak Caffeine Freak TheCountryWarrior TheCountryWarrior JessBeth JessBeth

Samuel cast a glance over his shoulder at Borba. "I'm pretty sure the bandits out there would be more eager to kill you than the people round here." He kept his tone cool, although he couldn't deny the wary glances at the orc from the townsfolk. "As long as you don't maim anybody, I think we'll all be on good terms..." His idle gaze swept past Nia as he spoke, picking up on her generous gesture to the ragged young man. Samuel pulled up, watching as the boy fled with the apple. "You might have just saved that boy's life." He tilted his head. "Unless he accidentally chokes on that coin, which would be tragic - yet comedically ironic."

Rhaine Rhaine Duke of Doge Duke of Doge TheCountryWarrior TheCountryWarrior JessBeth JessBeth

Defessus glanced at Sam with narrowed eyes. "No, the forest itself is absolutely gorgeous!" He lowered his voice to a whisper. "It's the people in the forest that worry me."

Dan smirked and chuckled. "Well as long as you keep your mouth shut, they won't sacrifice you to the Boogeyman."

Defessus looked back at him with an amused smile and shake of the head. "Oh come on! Boogeymen don't live in the forests, they live in the lowland cities."

Rhaine Rhaine Duke of Doge Duke of Doge Caffeine Freak Caffeine Freak JessBeth JessBeth Gridlock Gridlock

Samuel scanned the people they passed. Farmers and children. "Trained killers, I'm sure." Sam rolled his eyes. As they continued onward, an inn slid past, Sam didn't realise how tired and hungry he was until it came into view. "Hey, um, you guys wanna check out that inn?" He asked hopefully, secretly also hoping to satisfy his creeping alcohol withdrawal.

Rhaine Rhaine Duke of Doge Duke of Doge
Caffeine Freak Caffeine Freak JessBeth JessBeth
Gridlock Gridlock

Last edited:
Ru lept at the opportunity that Sam voiced. His response to Defessus had banished any irritation the Paladin had incurred, and she was utterly charmed by his brilliant idea to stop at the inn. Truly, it was the prospect of sleeping in an actual bed that caught her fancy so, and she found a full, albeit slightly sleepy smile complete with dimples forming over her features. "Could we? I can't think of anything more divine at the moment." She brushed her fingers through Nim's mane, her eyes flickering to the dark beast beneath her. "Wouldn't it be nice to properly rest, darling?"

Caffeine Freak Caffeine Freak TheCountryWarrior TheCountryWarrior Duke of Doge Duke of Doge Gridlock Gridlock JessBeth JessBeth
((Sorry I haven't been around as much, that's hopefully done with now.))

"No complaints here." Samuel chirped, strolling in after Nia. The bar inside was filled with gruffer customers than the townsfolk Sam had encountered earlier, aged farmers and foreign travelers mainly, yet Sam instantly preferred it to the inn he'd found himself in a week back. He pulled up a stool. "The cheapest bar snack you got and a cider, thanks." He muttered to the bartender, already beginning to feel the energy sap from his muscles.

TheCountryWarrior TheCountryWarrior JessBeth JessBeth

Dan dismounted Jim, tying him loosely to a hitching post, and held the door for the others as he looked around.

Defessus laughed with amusement at the Orcs worry. "Don't worry Greenie! Bogeymen are mostly found in the slum districts of lowlands cities, and from my research they seem to avoid Orc territory. Which means they can be killed!" He dismounted Maxomus the Non-Stereotypically Named Horse, not tying him up because Maxomus is above leaving without instructions, and walked into the bar as his gaze darted around like a paranoid bird.

Gridlock Gridlock

Last edited:
Kruziik walked, or more accurately: floated, down the halls of his nearly rebuilt castle. This had been his base of operations millennia ago, but it has fallen into disrepair since his defeat. Thankfully, as Kruziik knew, Goblins are quick workers when offered praise and shiny things. He kept the Goblins favorite type of architecture, that twisted bent style that was easily distinguished from the wimpy straight and curvy styles of the Pale Races.

Many of the old rooms were already in working order, such as The Watching Room: a room made entirely of enchanted crystal, allowing him to watch the entire world's residents and creatures in their daily lives.

Another important room was the Teleporter Room: a room with enchanted crystals in large circles, allowing him to transport squads of Goblins to anywhere he needs them. It's directly connected to The Watching Room.

There's the old dungeons, which are next to a small arena because fighting to the death is much more fun than rotting in cell.

Many new rooms are being added as well. The Hall of Heroes contains statues of some of the most revered Goblin Heroes throughout the races history. Of course Kruziik is at the head of all of them.

The Enhancement Room is fully operational. Goblins that have distinguished themselves are given special abilities here.

These are only some of the wonderful things to come. A much bigger arena is planned, and a spire for personal reasons. Mainly because he can.

Gridlock Gridlock

Nia dropped her bag to the floor, and practically fell into a seat at one of the open tables. She threw off her hood and ran her hand through her crimson locks with a sigh. She sat there for a time, simply watching the candle flame dance around. Finally a server came to her, a tall elf with a round face and blonde hair about her age. Nia ordered a meal from the girl, and waited for it to arrive.
Caffeine Freak Caffeine Freak TheCountryWarrior TheCountryWarrior Rhaine Rhaine JessBeth JessBeth

After making sure Nim was secure in the small stables and giving him a fond pat, Ru made her way into the inn, softly thanking Dan for holding the door open as she passed through the threshold. Inside, the tension fell from her shoulders. The room was warm, with the faint smell of cedar wood below the aroma of food and drink. She walked with small steps, hanging her satchel on the back of a chair and unclasping her heavy dark cloak from around her, draping it over the chair. She took a seat across from Nia at the table, her slender fingers faintly tracing over her collarbone in an absentminded movement. Her green gaze rested over every face she could make out. She didn't recognize any of them so far. The appearance of the pretty server girl startled her only slightly, as she had been lost in thought. After Nia made her order, Ru ordered a meal and a cider with polite, brief cadence.

Cassander had taken the seat beside Nia, and had declined to order anything from the server. This caught Ru's attention, and with pure curiosity she spoke. "Are you not hungry, yo-". She caught herself just in time from addressing the Prince as 'your grace,' quickly covering up the lapse with a neutral, "-sir?"

Cassander' dark eyes found Ru across the table. There had been an odd tension between the two since he had stolen her consciousness during the bandit raid. Neither of them had addressed it thus far, but it lived in the way Ru was only able to hold his gaze for a moment before fear moved through her and caused her to look away.

"No... not hungry. Just tired."

TheCountryWarrior TheCountryWarrior Duke of Doge Duke of Doge Caffeine Freak Caffeine Freak Gridlock Gridlock JessBeth JessBeth

Samuel nodded his appreciation as the bartender set down a mug of cider and a plate of fried... something. Whatever it was, it didn't last long against his hunger. Soon after he'd finished, Sam fished a blueprint scroll and a thin pencil from his satchel. His experience with his latest drug had given him idea for a new compound. Sipping his cider thoughtfully, Samuel began sketching up methods of synthesis and effective dosages, tapping his pencil against the wood whenever he hit a roadblock. He realised it'd been a while since he'd been able to think about work since his lab in Dalania was destroyed, luckily he'd kept his thesis on him, although his life's work wouldn't mean much if he died before he could publish it.

Satisfied, he rolled up his blueprint and slid it back into his satchel, downing the rest of his cider before deigning to sit over with Nia and the others. He pulled up a chair. "So what's the room plan? If it's to stuff us males in one room, can we at least get a separate one for Defessus? Otherwise I might choke him in his sleep." He glanced at Borba. "And not to be rude, but do they supply orc sized beds in this joint?" After a few seconds he switched looks between Cass and Ru. "Uh.. You guys alright there?"

Borba give Defessus a mean glaze at him, she still don't like him ever since he is being rude to her in the beginning. "My name is not Greenie, Rude Human Man, my name is Borba!" She said it to him. "I see, so no worry for me to kill them...." She said about bogeymen. She follow everyone in the bar, even thought she is big she almost got stuck in the door enteric. "Ggg, almost....." She squeeze in and made it inside. "It almost squeeze me...." She said it as she gently sit down on the chair, but then she break it. "..........sorry....." She stay sitting on the floor with a broken chair.
Borba stay quiet as she listen to the group, she is also hungry as her stomach growled loud enough to hear. Then she overheard someone saying room plan. "Huh? We are not sleeping outside?"

Rhaine Rhaine Duke of Doge Duke of Doge TheCountryWarrior TheCountryWarrior Caffeine Freak Caffeine Freak

Samuel glanced down at Borba. "Huh, well if you're fine with sleeping outside then I guess that solves the orc room mystery." He picked up one of the wooden sticks from Borba's shattered chair and playfully poked Cassander with it. "Come on, sir, don't look so glum. We've got a actual roof over our heads for the first time in days! We're not gonna see too many of these on the way to the Empire."

Dan walked in with Ru, closing the door behind him as he stood still at the sight before him. He had walked into many a bar and inn in his life, in Askary at least, but the atmosphere he was met with upon entering was... warm and inviting. The people inside seem like... normal people. No muscular men that have obviously killed before, no shady creeps skulking in the corner. Dan was quite fond of it already.

He sat next to Ru and ordered a cider as well. He looked around at the mostly happy faces, and found himself smiling a most delighted smile. "This is so much nicer than walking in the hot sun."

Defessus sat away from the rest of the group. Sitting alone in a corner, he pulled out his journal and a feather pen.

Tuesdae Jun Fith
The Elf and the Orc continue to perplex me. I haven't been assassinated in my sleep yet! I'm beginning to wonder if she even is a threat. The Orc certainly is, what with how temperamental they are. We'll see what happens.

Gridlock Gridlock

Nia smiled and quietly snickered as the orc fell, which turned to just straight laughter after seeing Cas be poked, that's what she was going to do. "Yeah, come on Cass! Quit being so down in the dumps! I like it when you smile..." that last part she said very quietly, before turning to Sam "people now a days you know? One destroyed kingdom and a bit of walking, next thing you know- eeeeeeveryone's edgy"
Rhaine Rhaine Caffeine Freak Caffeine Freak TheCountryWarrior TheCountryWarrior J Jess

"You forgot the attempted murder part." Sam arched an eyebrow at Nia, recalling the numerous times they'd been jumped by bandits or goblins. "Still, we've come off pretty well. Maybe I'll take up a goblin-hunting safari as a hobby when I retire, get the pension fund up a little." He lent back in his chair, gaze snaking toward Dan. "This has got to be the first time I've seen a grin from you that wasn't out of sadistic pleasure. Congratulations." Sam gave a few mock claps, wearing his own grin. "Keep this up and maybe the sight of you smiling might not unnerve me so much."

Cassander responded a little too quickly to Sam's question. "Of course." He didn't look to Ru, but she gave her own affirmation just a moment after his. "Yes, just fine." Cass gave a sound that was more a huff than a laugh as Sam poked him with a piece of the destroyed chair. His words were true enough, and he tried to be a bit brighter, though it was difficult. He pressed a small smirk over his features that almost reached his eyes.

"Yes, I believe "a bit of walking" perhaps glides over just a few traumatic experiences, but I'm not one to criticize." He concurred with Sam on that point, though his gaze softened towards Nia all the same with her words, and he gave her scarlet locks a gentle ruffle. "Though I shall smile if you wish it. I never could refuse you anything." The lightness of his words did ring true in his expression, and his mind was brought away from his plight for a moment.

Ru's eyes turned to Dan at her side, her features brightening at the sight of his light-hearted visage. She gave a smile in the wake of Sam's words, joining in easily. "Is it true, Mr. Carbonaro? Have you gone soft after all this time?" Her tone was playful and teasing.

TheCountryWarrior TheCountryWarrior Duke of Doge Duke of Doge Caffeine Freak Caffeine Freak JessBeth JessBeth

Last edited:
"Gah!" Nia exclaimed, quickly fixing her hair, aswell as developing a slight blush at that, but she still smiled " 'I could never refuse you anything' .... you might want to reconsider that statement. Anything is a stretch. Especially if you'd do anything for me" She folded her hands on the table in front of herself, closing her eyes as she looked down, smile still on her face. Simply choosing to enjoy the moment.
Rhaine Rhaine Caffeine Freak Caffeine Freak TheCountryWarrior TheCountryWarrior

Samuel followed Borba's gaze and spotted Defessus himself. "Hey, Defessus!" He called across the bar. "If you weren't the rational and sociable guy I know you as, I'd say you're avoiding us! Come and sit, you can make touches to your novel later!" He twisted back around in his chair, giving Cassander a look. "Oh yeah, I'm with her on this one, sir. Probably not the best choice of words." His highness didn't seem exactly troubleless, but Sam felt a little more at ease seeing him even a little less tense. Sam shifted his look to Borba. "Maybe sleeping inside would do you some good. You're gonna need all the protection from the Boogeyman you can get."

Dan shrugged, his smile somehow brighter. "No, I just... prefer this to walking for weeks on end, with periodic attempts on our lives. It's much more enjoyable to talk with friends than with... not friends." His smile darkened for but a blink, but he banished any thoughts that could ruin this beautiful moment. In the same blink he brightened up again. "And I never grin with sadistic pleasure. Only grim satisfaction." He chuckled. He looked to the poor Orc as she stood up. "Don't worry. I doubt Bogeymen even exist."

Defessus closed his journal and stuffed everything back into his armor. He got up from his chair and walked towards the odd group. "You bet they do! You haven't gone up against a pack of 'em at midnight. That stuff will show up in your nightmares for weeks." He took a seat, still apart from the others, but closer. He had heard Weiss talk about killing him in his sleep, and as usual with Weiss the Paladin couldn't tell if he was joking or not. "Thankfully they aren't around here. At least I don't think so. I haven't ever been here before, so I have no idea what could be lurking around at night."

Dan rolled his eyes. "Well that's encouraging." His face continued to show happiness that he hadn't felt before, even with the Paladin's ability to be annoying by simply talking. With a start he remembered something rather important. "Do we have the money to stay here? Because I can sleep just about anywhere if we need to save the cash."

Gridlock Gridlock

With Nia and Samuel's response, Cassander straightened up slightly, head tilting to the side. He replied without hesitation. "Well, perhaps my choice of words also implies that I trust you to not use me with ill intention." A mischievous spark came to his dark eyes as he regarded the girl at his side, not being able to resist an opportunity when he saw it arise. "Have I misplaced my devotion? Do you intend to take advantage of me?" His tone could be described as playful, though flirtatious would have been a more accurate description. His strain was forgotten in the moment.

Ru rested her curious gaze on Defessus, giving a small shake of her head. "I have never heard of a Bogeyman - not here. Though if you truly wish to know what lurks around Fenwood at night..." She gave Dan a quick, almost conspiratorial glance before she leaned forward slightly, her voice coming to a slight hush. "-there are trolls."

Duke of Doge Duke of Doge TheCountryWarrior TheCountryWarrior Caffeine Freak Caffeine Freak JessBeth JessBeth

Defessus's eyes rested on the Elf with a sharp fascination. "Trolls? Are the tales true?"

Dan caught her sneaky glance, and his face immediately took on a somber look. "Oh yes. You haven't heard what I have. Twenty feet tall and yet quite as a mouse, taking children that wander to far from their homes."

Defessus' wider filled gaze fell, and he looked accusingly at the two. "Now hold on! You expect me to believe that based on the words of you two? I need proof! A head on a wall, or something substantial. If it's real, I got a buddy that'll love a chance at it."

Gridlock Gridlock

Users who are viewing this thread

Back