• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy [Closed] A nation in havoc

Nia relaxed. Looking down at the body of the man she just killed. The feeling in her sword was gone. She dropped it to the ground. Hands going to her knees as her stomach emptied itself. She felt sick, horrible, disgusted. She had just killed a human...
@fuckit

A Female Orc run toward Hawken, with a mad look on her face as she about to tackle him but then suddenly, "Stop!" She stop her running when someone shouted stop. She look back as she look at Cassander, who is pointed his bow at her. "Why stopping me? I want him!!" She said as she looked back at Hawken, grab on his shirt and lift him up. "YOU!! Are you the one who took my Larp Sabre? Answers me!!!"

Duke of Doge Duke of Doge Miss Lusamine Miss Lusamine TheCountryWarrior TheCountryWarrior Rhaine Rhaine Caffeine Freak Caffeine Freak Gridlock Gridlock

Hawken eyes widened as he went from "on the ground" to "definitely not on the ground." "Du kan knulle en geit, du skitten dansker!!" He yelled. "I don't even know what the hell a Larpy is! Please, fellow sentient, shed mercy on my tunic!"

JessBeth JessBeth

A Female Orc growled at Hawken as she didn't want that answer. She is going to throw him far like the other mens but those people in the campsite, or Cassander will shoot her again. "....You don't have it?" She said it again in a calm voice then she sniff his hair. ".......you smell different....." She said as she gently put him down. "Oww...." She feel her one arm and her one left in pain again, she have re-open her wound as the bandage on her bleed more.

Gridlock Gridlock Duke of Doge Duke of Doge Miss Lusamine Miss Lusamine TheCountryWarrior TheCountryWarrior Rhaine Rhaine Caffeine Freak Caffeine Freak

Hawken breathed a sigh of relief as he returned to "on the ground". "No, I don't have it. I'm sorry. And as for the smell, (it's all Old Spice baby) I'm at a loss." He cringed sympathetically as the orc winced in pain. He looked down at his blood-covered chest caused by the wound he had taken in battle earlier. Wait a second, where's the gash? He ran his hand along his chest and felt a slight indention where he had been cut, but the wound was completely healed for the most part. He returned his attention to the orc and began to panic slightly when he saw one of her wounds open up again. "Hey, try not to move too much. It'll only make it worse." The bandage on her was completely deformed by the blood and needed to be replaced. "I'll go back to the camp and try to find a replacement for you," he said as he darted away.

Duke of Doge Duke of Doge TheCountryWarrior TheCountryWarrior Caffeine Freak Caffeine Freak JessBeth JessBeth Miss Lusamine Miss Lusamine Rhaine Rhaine

Ru heaved a shuddering sigh of relief as the bandits retreated, leaving their dead behind. She emerged from the trees into the small clearing of the camp, eyes downcast to the bodies she passed. She crouched, shakily wiping the blood from her dagger onto the grass before slipping it away into her satchel. As she came back to her full height, she cast her eyes out to the others, assessing their conditions.

Her head was pounding, as if her own body was trying to reject her. She was crying, even if she didn't fully realize it. As she came forward, her eyes locked with Cassander's for a moment. She knew she should be angry, but she didn't know quite how to feel. Her gaze broke away from his. She found Dan ducked behind a rock. "They're gone." Her tone was fragile and grim. It should have been a celebration - a victory, but it felt like a loss. She held out a blood-stained hand to him. "Are you- are you alright?" Her eyes widened in concern as she noticed the arrow buried in his shoulder. "Oh no- Dan," She paused, gaze fixed on the arrow. "Will you let me..? It must hurt terribly." Her words lived in a quiet cadence, though there was a sudden underlying urgency that slightly resembled a panicked or shaken tone. Her full attention was caught, and she fretted with little disguise.

Cassander was almost glad that the Orc had accosted the stranger. He wouldn't have known how to answer his question. He couldn't tell the truth, however much he may have wanted to. It wouldn't do to go around telling dangerous looking strangers that you're a crown prince of Calcia. Still, with the way the man had stared at him - it made him feel as if he already knew. He slung his bow back, freeing his hands, allowing his muscles to relax. His heart was still pounding, but he worked to even out his breathing.

He caught sight of Nia standing next to a body, retching shakily, and his expression turned pained. He came to her side with haste in his step, resting what he hoped was a comforting hand on her back.

TheCountryWarrior TheCountryWarrior Duke of Doge Duke of Doge Caffeine Freak Caffeine Freak Gridlock Gridlock JessBeth JessBeth Miss Lusamine Miss Lusamine

Last edited:
Dan breathed a sigh of relief as the Bandits fled, his weapon arm falling to the ground next to him as he slumped down behind the rock. Now that he had time to think he could finally process the fact that he was in a lot of pain. He groaned and chuckled wryly. "Well I've felt worse, I think, but yes I'd like some help." After some deliberation he said. "As long as no one needs medical attention more than I do."

Defessus gave a hearty laugh as he sheathed his sword and placed his shield on his back. "That's what you get! Creator bless you all! Except all of you! Cause you're going to the Hell! Whoo!" He turned around and saw Samuel was quite conscious. He let out a rather comical shout. "Aaah! You were dead! What in Creation!?"

Rhaine Rhaine Duke of Doge Duke of Doge
Caffeine Freak Caffeine Freak JessBeth JessBeth
Gridlock Gridlock

Nia was silent. Breathing heavily as she closed her eyes with a wince. "I- I killed him Cass" she sounded sick. "I killed him..." she dropped to her knees, before falling onto her back, hands over her eyes as she laid there, riding out the wave of emotions. "I..." she struggled to form any kind of coherent sentence.
Rhaine Rhaine

Samuel did not breath a sigh of relief. He stared blankly in the direction of the retreating bandits, head feeling fuzzy. "I.. have no idea what just happened." He rubbed his temple with a knuckle, cracking open another bottle from his satchel. As he raised the glass neck to his lips however, he paused to look down on himself. "...Who's blood am I covered in?"

Hawken returned with a small container of water that he had found near the campsite. He kneeled down beside her and asked her to lend him her arm. (She complied) and Hawken began to pour water from the container onto her arm in an attempt to wash most of the blood off. He then ripped a piece off of his already tattered cloak and applied it to her wound. As he applied it, he tried to conversate to get her focus off of her arm, "So, what's your name?"

JessBeth JessBeth

A Female Orc growled in pain since she re-open her wound and she was supposed to stay down and rest, but seeing another bandits of humans and a stranger there, she can't help it when her anger get to her as she wanted her beloved weapon back.
She didn't hear that guy, Hawken, said that he'll be right back as she hold her wounded arm. She watch him leave as it not surprise her since everyone is running away from a Orc like herself.
But then, Hawken run back and asked her to lend her arm and she is so surprised that he came back just to treat her wound better. "You...help an Orc like me?" She asked as she hear Hawken asked her name,"......Borba...."

Gridlock Gridlock

Hawken was shocked by her questioning. "Yes, of course," he paused his speaking as he knotted the first layer of cloth. This is pointless... Bjorn echoed in an irritated tone. How is she different from either of the bandits you just slaughtered!? S-She's not trying to kill me, for one! Hawken's anger started to boil up. Why am I even explaining myself to this prick, he thought. He shook his head clear of the internal argument he had and resumed speaking, "Sorry, my name's Hawken by the way." He said as he tied the knot to the second layer of cloth.

Duke of Doge Duke of Doge TheCountryWarrior TheCountryWarrior Caffeine Freak Caffeine Freak JessBeth JessBeth Miss Lusamine Miss Lusamine Rhaine Rhaine

Sam glared at the rising sun bleeding through the treeline. "Looks like we have to get moving soon." He mumbled, trying to wring the blood from his waistcoat. Clown Hunter, his trustworthy mount, trotted toward him with a neigh. "Indeed, C-H. We can't let those pesky carnival dwellers get the drop on us!" Sam climbed atop his stallion. "Onward!" He fisted the air before pointing dramatically toward the horizon. Clown Hunter began to chew at the grass.

TheCountryWarrior TheCountryWarrior JessBeth JessBeth
Gridlock Gridlock

Cassander crouched down beside Nia, his brow bent in consternation. "I know, but...you had to." He tried his best not to sound unsure. In truth, he was having the same struggle himself. It was easier when he thought of the men as bodies and nothing else - faint figures to be struck down. Still, ever since the possessed man below the palace that he had viciously turned to stone, he had been off - sinking further into something he didn't quite understand. He knew he wasn't the best person to consult on the matter. His own sensibilities were in serious question. The Prince thought back to the spirit, and its offer. His expression darkened further. There was something painful about the magic he had exercised so far. It was something bent too far for comfort - dancing on the edge of an abyss.

"You believe that, don't you?"

Duke of Doge Duke of Doge (Ru in a sec - sorry for the delay)

It was the fresh blood seeping through his torn clothes that had caught Ru's eye. The moment he uttered his consent, she sank to his side, beginning to pull the fabric of his clothes away from the wound. There was a brief hesitation that could have easily been interpreted as unease though it was something more shy in nature, but she discarded it as quickly as it had arrived - a ridiculous apprehension in the wake of injury. A small, uncharacteristic tremor lived in her movements. She would not be at ease until she had seen the wound and treated it with her own hands. It was just another example of what she lacked - the distance and separation that her mentors spoke of.

It was obvious that her mind was devoid of silence or peace, yet when she came to his skin, the gash clearly displayed, her thoughts quieted for a moment. She shifted a bit closer, briefly inspecting the gash as best she could before bringing forth a clean cloth and putting pressure on the wound in order to stop the bleeding. Her eyes flitted up to his face, searching his features. "It was an arrow? Luckily, it grazed you. I'm so glad." She paused, before adding quickly, "Not that you were hurt, of course. Just that it's so much better than it might have been."

TheCountryWarrior TheCountryWarrior

Hawken quickly recovered from the fall, faced her, and let out a muffled laugh, "Don't worry about it." He brushed his tattered apparel off and turned to see his horse (Anna) in the distance, patiently waiting. "Thank God, you're okay," he whispered.

When he looked back towards the campsite, he saw a few members of the group in not-so-great condition. Most were covered in blood... blood that probably wasn't theirs. He wanted to call out and ask if everybody was okay, but he refrained when he saw the man that had first greeted him first being tended to. It'd be better just to leave them be, he thought.

He continued walking forward and found Rose lying on the ground. A slight wave of panic crashed over him until he realized that she wasn't in any physical danger. Hawken calmed down and let out a mild laugh as he looked towards her, "Heh... same." There was no sense of victory or joy in the air, just despair. Truly, he was thankful for that. It just confirmed that he was among at least somewhat good people. He stretched his arm out and pulled one of the leaves off from a tree next to him and ran his finger along the edges. "Cass..." He paused and dropped the leaf, following it with his eyes until it hit the ground. Upon impact, he shot his eyes upward and gazed directly into the man's eyes, "That's what she called you at least. Am I wrong?"

A shiver ran through Cassander as the man voiced his nickname. Nia, or rather Rose, had spoken it without thought in a moment of despair. He came to his full height, maintaining eye contact with Hawken as he did so. He gave a short, slow shake of his head, measuring his words carefully. "No... you're not wrong. That is what some address me as." His spine was as straight as a blade. "Is there a particular reason for your interest?" A chill of a breeze blew through his dark, curly hair. He was tense - in wait of the man's answer. Once more, the Prince had the distinct feeling that Hawken knew his identity, or at least strongly suspected it. He fought the urge to nervously fiddle with the ring on his right index finger.

-

Ru steadied herself as Dan hissed in pain. She gave a small, troubled shake of her head. "I know. I'm sorry." Her voice was a quiet coo. She withdrew pressure as time passed, cleaning the wound with a gentle, faint touch. She gave a small hum of acknowledgment at his next words, her gaze downcast as she brought forth her sterilized needle and thread. "Only because I had such close instruction. I'm - I'm very eager to do what I can to contribute to the group, of course. We all do what we can, yes? We wouldn't have gotten as far as we have without you." Needle threaded and in hand, she paused. "I've doused the needle in something that will help numb it, but this will hurt, Dan. I'll be as quick as I can be. I'm sorry." Her eyes met his, waiting for his final consent.

Gridlock Gridlock Duke of Doge Duke of Doge TheCountryWarrior TheCountryWarrior

Dan smiled, a surprisingly reassuring, though pained, smile given the circumstances, and looked her dead in the eye. "Don't apologize. I wouldn't have made it this far if it hadn't been for you." He paused, staring at her for a moment. He laughed, much to his own surprise. "And knowing me, I've probably felt worse. Do what you need to." He gave his consent to be stabbed with a needle.

Caffeine Freak Caffeine Freak JessBeth JessBeth
Gridlock Gridlock

Last edited:
Ru was stilled by Dan's words, a slight flush rising in her face and the tips of her ears. She could have sworn she heard her own heart beat, and her eyes widened slightly and then fell, breaking their held gaze after a moment with a small bashful smile. Though she may have disagreed outwardly, she believed him. He meant what he said. Her thoughts took a different turn, though she was quick to right herself. She listened as he spoke, steeling herself for her next task, turning her focus back to the wound. She gave a nod, beginning to carefully stitch the gash closed. Her brow was bent as if she was the one in pain.

Shortly, she tied the stitches off securely, cutting the thread. "Finished now. How do you feel?" She busily cleaned and set her tools back in her satchel, bringing out a bandage and wrapping it around his arm with a gentle yet firm touch. She allowed her eyes to find his face once more.

TheCountryWarrior TheCountryWarrior

Users who are viewing this thread

Back