• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy [Closed] A nation in havoc

Nia unsheathed her sword all the way and waved it in the direction the arrow came from, this made her looked drunk. "NO! Fuck off! Go raid another group of travelers! I aaaaaaaiiiiiint havin that shit!" She began advancing towards the treeline "Fight me like a man you coward!"
(Too lazy to tag even tho i can copy paste)

Ru jumped in her place as the arrow shot past them, burying itself in a tree. Her gaze fixed on it, heart pounding in her chest. She hadn't fared well in the last attack they had faced. Fear curled through her. She stood, grateful to find that her dagger had been placed back in her satchel. She drew it forth, gripping it tightly. Even though the dark didn't impede her sight, she couldn't make out any forms through the trees. "I can't see anyone." Her voice was a fearful hush, glancing quickly to Dan.

Cassander didn't waste time in drawing his bow and nocking back an arrow, aiming in the direction the arrow had been released from. "Who's there?" He called out to the darkness. The voice from his dream echoed through him. You're going to need it. He shook it away the best he could.

TheCountryWarrior TheCountryWarrior Duke of Doge Duke of Doge
Caffeine Freak Caffeine Freak Gridlock Gridlock
JessBeth JessBeth Miss Lusamine Miss Lusamine

Dan leaped up from his comfortable position and whipped his weapon out. He pointed it the direction the arrow came from and scanned the horizon, watching for danger. He stood between it and Ru, though he didn't realize it at the time. "If you think you can take us, you're dead wrong!" He shouted to the darkness. He cast a suspicious glance to the newcomer, thinking the two could easily be connected.

Defessus leaped up and drew his sword and shield, gazing to the origin of the arrow. "Ah, a fight! Will something die by my blade today!?"

Rhaine Rhaine Duke of Doge Duke of Doge Caffeine Freak Caffeine Freak JessBeth JessBeth Gridlock Gridlock

Hawken watched as Rose "majestically" charged in the direction of the arrow. hmmm, well that pretty much annuls all my defensive strategies. We don't even know how many of them there are. Hawken pulled his blade out of the scabbard that was loosely hanging on his leggings. You have no idea what you're doing. Yeah, I've been training my entire life for this so you can fuck right off. Just... Don't die. Hawken charged to the nearest tree and took cover while attempting to view whoever shot the arrow. Another arrow was shot by one of the people in the camp, this time, at a comfortable distance from his head. It was too dark to accurately locate anybody, but he managed to see an outlining of a figure to the right of Rose. "To your right!" Hawken called before advancing towards the figure.

Duke of Doge Duke of Doge TheCountryWarrior TheCountryWarrior Caffeine Freak Caffeine Freak JessBeth JessBeth Miss Lusamine Miss Lusamine Rhaine Rhaine

Samuel fished a vial of a silvery-blue powder from his satchel. "Never got a chance to try this stuff before." He mused, popping of its cork and inhaling the amphetamine mixture. Instantaneously, his pupils flared, bloodshot veins began to snake across his eyes. "Aw yeah!" He snorted, welcoming the unnatural ringing in his ears. "That's some good stuff right there!" The shadows of the forest were suddenly more transparent. Yanking the arrow from his satchel, he charged at an enemy revealed by his heightened senses. "REEEEEEEEEE" He battle cried, plunging the arrow into the unfortunate and utterly confused bandit's neck.

Rhaine Rhaine Gridlock Gridlock

Last edited:
Cassander was reeling. He couldn't make out the figures clearly in the dark. Fear struck him heavily as Nia brazenly charged out in the direction the arrow had come from. He couldn't fathom how she meant to protect herself if the archer, or archers, decided to send an arrow through her. He aimed out where he thought he caught movement, but he wasn't sure enough to send an arrow. He looked to Ru, who's gaze was fixed on the tree line. He knew she saw clearly through the dark - had what he required. A bit of desperation worked through him.

"Ru! Where are they? What do you see?"

She shifted as if to answer him or to point them out, but she was impeded, stopped dead in her intention. Her body went stiff and her features slackened. Her eyes stared blindly. Before he could properly react, the darkness seemed to lift away from his view, his sight shifting. Something pricked sharp in the back of his head. There was a weight in him that hadn't been there before. Cassander could have sworn he heard Ru speaking, though he couldn't make out her words, nor did her lips move in accordance. He had a distinct feeling that he was taking something that didn't belong to him. He was using her eyes, but not in the way that he had meant to. Before he became too frightened of his own actions, he sent an arrow through the archer.

The moment after, he let go of it, of her, not being able to bear it. The darkness sunk low upon him once more, the clarity of the figures lost on him. Ru blinked, the life returning to her eyes. She took a shaky step back, though she soon gained her balance. "What...Where was I?" A disoriented moment passed before her gaze fixed on the Prince. "What did you do?" She was half distressed, half rapt.

"I'm sorry, I-" His plaintive words were cut off as he heard someone approaching behind him. The bandits were attempting to flank them. He spun around, suddenly locked in combat with a dagger-wielding man.

Caffeine Freak Caffeine Freak Gridlock Gridlock

Dan didn't notice Cassander's and Ru's exchange or the bandit approaching Cassander. He was firing at the shadows in the forest as the bandits rushed forward, and one by one the advancing bandits fell either dead or in agony. The bandit archers in the cover of darkness kept low. One more rushed out of the trees and Dan's weapon clicked. Empty. He didn't have time to reload as he barely ducked back from the bandits sword, resulting in the blade nicking his shoulder. The bandit swung back and Dan caught his arm, locked in a struggle for the blade.

Defessus flew out of nowhere and slammed into the bandit opposing Cassander, throwing him to the ground. "Whoo! That's what you get!" He rushed off to some other bandit in the forest. The bandit wriggled, dazed, on the ground.

Rhaine Rhaine Duke of Doge Duke of Doge
Caffeine Freak Caffeine Freak JessBeth JessBeth
Gridlock Gridlock

• As Hawken advanced forward he heard the snap of a branch to his right. He immediately turned and saw a swordsman with his weapon prepped for an over-handed swing. He brought his sword into a "hanging right" position, parried the attack by sliding his blade alongside the enemy's, and went through with a slice to the bandit's abdomen. The bandit took a step back and collapsed onto his knees as he held his stomach. End him. Yeah, you know how much that makes me not want to "end him" you pretentious pric- Amidst his thoughts, he turned to see a bandit mid-air with his sword positioned. Shit! He didn't have time to block the attack so he jumped back, but it wasn't far enough. The sword connected and sliced cleanly from his shoulder down to his hip. "Gah!" He yelled. He stumbled back but desperately ran in for an attack when he saw the enemy in a vulnerable position but as he was running, a hand gripped him by his neck from behind and a voice said, "you think I'd go down that easily!?" The bandit then slammed Hawken into a tree and lined his sword up for a thrust. Hawken kicked him in his stomach, causing him to back away and recover. He tried to catch his breath but, as he did, a third bandit appeared and closed on him in a semi-synchronized manner along with the other bandits. Why are there so many of you! Three wasn't necessarily a lot but there were probably more than those just in his sight. He lowered himself to the ground as they arrived and slid his sword along the bandit's ankle as he propelled himself forward. He then threw the stumbling bandit into the other two and gained some distance. To his relief, he saw a huge warrior from the camp charging toward the bandits. Thank god...
TheCountryWarrior TheCountryWarrior !!!!!

Last edited:
"OH SoRry TheRe BuD, lOOks LikE yoU rAn OutTa bloOd theRe." Samuel cackled, dropping the busted branch that he'd been repeatedly decking the bandit's corpse with. Another conveniently appeared bandit surged forward with a jagged hunting sword, aiming for Samuel's back. His footsteps betrayed him, however, and Samuel slipped past the wide slash with a disjointed grin. "CaREful THeRe SOn, YoU WoULdN'T WANt TO gET aN ArrOW To ThE KnEE, nOW, WoULD yOU?" The wide eyed bandit howled in pain as Samuel stabbed the steel arrow through his kneecap. Samuel zipped back to the others excitedly, leaving the bandit to his excruciating pain. "oH GeE WhIZZ WoNDER WhO I'LL KILL NEXT~"

@TheDEA

Dan kicked the bandit in the nuts, an ancient war tactic, and ripped the sword from his hands as he slumped down in pain. Dan killed him as he groaned on the ground. He stuck the blade under his arm as he scrambled to reload his weapon, constantly looking around for any more assailants.

Defessus saw their new friend faced with three bandits and decided to lend a hand. He rushed one from behind, impaling him through the chest. "Surprise attack!" The bandit fell dead and the Paladin swung towards the next, leaving one for the newcomer. The next bandit spun around in surprise, though he quickly regained his composure. The two traded blows and the Paladin seemed to have the upper hand.

Rhaine Rhaine Duke of Doge Duke of Doge
Caffeine Freak Caffeine Freak JessBeth JessBeth
Gridlock Gridlock

( Caffeine Freak Caffeine Freak That was fucking beautiful)

Two of the bandits redirected their attention to the paladin, but one of them continued to pursue Hawken after he widened the distance gap between them. The bandit that was following Hawken had blood welling out from his abdomen and his leggings were soaked in blood. Despite this, he advanced with what seemed to be joy. You again... "If you don't mind me asking, what's your name?" Hawken asked. The bandit answered, "Zatar, and you?" The bandit stopped in his tracks and went into a mild coughing fit and proceeded to recover with a grin on his face. "Hawken." He paused for a second and continued talking, "We don't have to do this. You're in no condition to fight!" The bandit laughed at Hawken, "My wife is dead and my daughter is alone, at home fucking starving to death! What you don't understand is that your death means her survival. That's... why I have to do this." Hawken pitied the man. He took a breath and spoke, "Ther are oth-" He stopped talking when he saw the bandit break out into a charge. Hawken reactively stepped forward, blocked Zatar's attack with the hilt of his sword, knocked the sword out of his hands, and held the blade of his sword up to his throat. Zatar didn't move a muscle and both of them remained in that position for a few seconds. A tear slid down the bandit's face. "Do it... Just, do it! can't you see... I'm dead... anyway. I have 30 seconds max before I..." Zatar stopped mid-sentence and began to stare at the ground. Hawken looked at the blood pooled around Zatar's feet with sorrow. I'm sorry... Give him a worthy death; not by your hand, but with your mind. This isn't the time for poetry, Bjorn. Bjorn erupted in what seemed to be maniacal laughter. Let go of your sword, you fucking Swede! Hawken would normally have ignored that insane order, but this time, he didn't. He let go of the hilt of the sword and brought his hand back to his side. The blade miraculously continued to hover over the bandit's neck. Our consciousnesses are intertwined. For the time being, we are one mind. Hawken was completely awestruck by what he was seeing. Now... It's time. Once again, I'm left with the choice to take a man's life. And... once again, I use "mercy" as my alibi. "I hope that you become re-united with your wife, Zatar." Hawken said softly. And with that, the sword cut straight through the man's neck, decapitating him completely. Hawken's sword gravitated back into his hand as he looked up into the night sky and sent out a prayer. "Bjorn, please look away for what I'm about to do." Hawken turned back to see the many battles that were being fought. he let out a slightly demented laugh and started walking towards the paladin's location.

Duke of Doge Duke of Doge TheCountryWarrior TheCountryWarrior JessBeth JessBeth Miss Lusamine Miss Lusamine Rhaine Rhaine

Last edited:
Defessus attacked with all the force he could muster, besting the two bandits with ease. One lay dead, the other laid near-unconscious. Defessus spun around and looked at the newcomer. "So are you on their side or ours? I'd really like to know."

Dan finished reloading and looked up in time to see an arrow slide past his shoulder, grazing it. He let out a grunt and hiss of pain, as he looked to where the arrow came from. He aimed and when the bandit peeked back up he fired. "Right between the eyes!" The bandit slumped over.

Dan ducked behind a convenient rock, firing at any archers that peeked up to rain arrows upon him and his companions. Two more died to his weapon, others receiving wounds that would most certainly hurt.

Rhaine Rhaine Duke of Doge Duke of Doge Caffeine Freak Caffeine Freak JessBeth JessBeth
Gridlock Gridlock

Last edited:
A Female Orc see that herself and other are under attack and she didn't want to be part of it as she growled as anyone come to sneak attack on her, "Found you!!" She grab a bandit head and throw him far like he a ragged doll.
"Grrrr, are you the one who stole my stuff?!" She grab one of the bandit as she talk to him. But he won't say a word instead he screams as he calling for help.

Caffeine Freak Caffeine Freak TheCountryWarrior TheCountryWarrior Duke of Doge Duke of Doge Rhaine Rhaine Gridlock Gridlock

Ru was too preoccupied dodging a bandit's strikes to think of what had just occurred. It had been as if she were lifted away, taken someplace else. She itched beneath her skin, yet kept her focus on sensing the swordsman's next movements. After a few empty swings, the man growled in frustration, reaching out to try and grab her. She took a significant slice from his hand with her dagger. He gave a pained yelp, losing his proper footing as he stumbled back. Ru gave a swift kick, knocking him off his feet.

After Cassander sent an arrow into the man the Paladin had knocked away from him, he turned slightly to send another one through the temple of the man Ru had been dodging. With a disgusted, distressed grunt, he tore his arrows back from the grips of their bodies, looking out toward any oncoming foes.

Ru crept low, blending into the darkness. She slipped through the trees soundlessly, further away from the camp as she attempted to flank the archers, figuring she should use her sight as a distinct advantage. Stealth had always come easily to her, and the moment provided a clear opportunity. After seeing Dan take an arrow, the decision had seemingly been made for her. Finally, as she crept close behind an archer, she saw her friends lit only by the flickering light of the fire - like dancing ghouls. Her eyes focused on the man before her, who was pulling back an arrow. The movement frightened her, a sharp, jittery feeling surging through her. Without allowing herself to think, she brought her dagger through his throat, her other hand covering his mouth. He struggled little against her small frame. She let him fall without sound. It was her second kill, and it didn't settle any less bitterly. She fought back a small sob, briefly covering her face with a bloody hand. She soon shook away the overwhelming dispair, knowing that a sound or a lapse of vigilance would mean her death.

TheCountryWarrior TheCountryWarrior Duke of Doge Duke of Doge Caffeine Freak Caffeine Freak Gridlock Gridlock JessBeth JessBeth Miss Lusamine Miss Lusamine

Last edited:
Hawken stopped when he saw the paladin turn to him. His question shocked- no infuriated him. I was coming over here to help you! His thoughts began to project themselves into words as his emotions intensified. "I-I just killed a man! Is that not good enough for-" He stopped himself as he realized what this guy must be thinking. I probably do look pretty damn suspicious, he thought. He took a second to calm himself down and apologized, "I'm sorry. Yes, I'm on your side." He looked over behind the paladin and saw a heavily-beaten bandit stumbling to his feet. He was about to say something, but then he noticed that the bandit was slowly moving away from them. He's probably retreating. But he also knew that he might just be regrouping with more bandits. Damn, either way, this guy isn't going to trust me as much if I don't do something. Hawken held his sword up and cast it into the man's heart from where he was standing. The bandit collapsed when the sword penetrated him, but he noticed that it didn't go all the way through. Your strength with it gets weaker the further it is from your body. Try to only use it in close range.(I nerfed it boys!) Good to know. He stared at the body that lay about 15 feet away from him. Killing was becoming easier for him, and Hawken was terrified at that prospect. He called the sword back into his hand and went in the direction of a scream he heard earlier.

Duke of Doge Duke of Doge TheCountryWarrior TheCountryWarrior Caffeine Freak Caffeine Freak JessBeth JessBeth Miss Lusamine Miss Lusamine Rhaine Rhaine

Nia faced off with a faceless bandit, in that meaning he covered his face with a bandana.

Nia felt her blade vibrate in her hands, more like humming with a sort of energy. It felt... alive. She felt her hand move on its own, the other soon to follow. It felt natural.

Her left hand- the one with the sword. Held the blade pointed at her opponents. Her right arm forming an "L" shape, with this, her hand was shaped as if holding a imaginary wine glass. Her feet were spaced a shoulder's width apart, and she bouned ever so slightly on the balls of her feet.

In next to no time flat, her form was perfect for fencing.

She didn't even know what she was doing- she just did it.

Her opponent rushed at her with a heavy overhead, Nia lunged kicking forward with the front foot, and pushing her body forward with the back leg. Stabbing the man through the stomach, she brought her back leg forward, standing to her full height as she the lightly pushed her opponent with her off hand, watching him fall over, Nia's blade coming out as he slid off. It was over in an instant.

@anyonewhowillbothertomentionNia

Hawken ran towards the source of the screaming. He didn't really know the voices of the people at the camp well and had a hard time discerning whether it came from the bandits or one of the people from the camp. As he neared the source of the sound, the silhouettes of two figures began to form. "Hey, get your hands off of hi-...wat?" He looked down and saw a female orc with hands wrapped around the throat of a uhh... bandit maybe? He hadn't seen the orc at the camp either but maybe he just didn't see them. "Ohhhhhh... right, okay.Well, you two have fun!" He pointed at the struggling male, "Make sure to use protection, my dude." Hawken skipped away jubilantly humming one of his nordic songs, "Ahhh... BDSM, I remember my first time."

Hawken's abruptly stopped at the sight of the man Bjorn had told him to slay. Who are you? He thought while staring at the man from behind.
Rhaine Rhaine -Plz talk to me
Duke of Doge Duke of Doge TheCountryWarrior TheCountryWarrior Caffeine Freak Caffeine Freak JessBeth JessBeth Miss Lusamine Miss Lusamine

Dan, blood welling from the graze on his shoulder, continued zeroing in on archers as they peeked out. He saw a new shadow join them, and as he peered closer he recognized the Elven form of Ru. She had killed a bandit with her dagger from behind, an assassination that Dan hadn't realized she could pull off. But her face wore immense sorrow, though she shook it off and replaced it with determination.

He paused his slaughter, thoughts racing. A mere moment ago he was relishing a chance to kill something, and then there was Ru. She was despairing over her killing someone who wouldn't have hesitated to kill her. And Dan couldn't help but feel ashamed of himself. He was enjoying the deaths. And he realized something. All this reminded him of- He forgot all of that as an arrow flew past his head and he ducked back down behind his rock.

The Paladin stared shocked at this magical warrior. "That... was awesome! You have magic! That is so cool! Good luck!" He said as the man walked off to slay some bandits. He looked around in awe. That was two magic users in the space of a week! He stopped his private freak out session when he saw Sam fall.

He rushed towards him, worry etched upon his face. "Mr. Weiss? Science boy?" He checked his pulse. The man was dead. Defessus was shocked. A quick glance told him he hadn't been shot by an arrow or injured in any other way. The Paladin removed his helmet and prayed. "Creator... guide this brave, foolish, and mostly weird soul to your Holy Realm... give him rest. RIP Science boy... Well I've done my job!" He slammed his helmet back on and rushed back into the battle.

Rhaine Rhaine Duke of Doge Duke of Doge Caffeine Freak Caffeine Freak JessBeth JessBeth Gridlock Gridlock

Last edited:
A Female Orc roared as she saw this guy, Hawken, come to the save a bandits, that she holding on his throat. She is going to fight that Hawken guy, but then he ran off as he saying to have fun. "Huh?" She confused of what he mean by that as she throw that man she holding away, far. "You are running away from me?! I'm going to capture YOU!!!" She start to run toward Hawken, even thought her leg and arms are still wound.

TheCountryWarrior TheCountryWarrior Rhaine Rhaine Duke of Doge Duke of Doge Caffeine Freak Caffeine Freak Gridlock Gridlock Miss Lusamine Miss Lusamine

Cassander became suddenly aware of a presence behind him, and he whirled around, arrow nocked back and aimed at the man behind him. A tense second passed. He lowered his bow slightly when he realized it was the stranger that had arrived only moments before the bandits. The man was staring, and the Prince was unnerved by it. He wondered what he was thinking, and if he meant to do him harm. There was still a shadowed quality to the man's form. "What is it?" His words were doused with anxiety. He had had his fill of chaos, and now it only served to put him on edge. His gaze flickered away for a moment, staying vigilant for incoming threats. His dark eyes widened as he saw the Orc charging the man. He pointed his bow towards her. "Stop!"

Gridlock Gridlock JessBeth JessBeth

Last edited:
"No. I own your soul now." Satan gestured toward the contract in his burly hand.

Sam spun around in circles in the armchair across from Satan's desk. "Actually, you only own a third of my souls. I surgically gave myself two more."

Satan blinked.

"Don't worry, as a shareholder of my souls, you still get voting rights. Wait- aww, what a shame, it's two votes against one. Oh well, suppose I have to go to Heaven now-"

Satan slammed a red fist onto his desk. "I'll be damned if I let you go-"

Sam held up a finger. "Ah, well, there is another place I could go-"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Samuel gasped for air, heart jolting in his chest. "Woo! I was just clinically dead! What'd I miss?" The ground rumbled, and Sam barely rolled in time to dodge the Orc charging over where his head had been moments before. "Oh, okay."

Rhaine Rhaine Duke of Doge Duke of Doge JessBeth JessBeth
Gridlock Gridlock TheCountryWarrior TheCountryWarrior

Hawken was about to speak but then the man spun around with his bow drawn. "Ahh! I come in peace!" Hawken yelled frantically while waving his arms in the air. The man lowered his bow and the two stared at each other for a quick second before the bowman spoke. Hawken paused before answering his question, there's no way I could tell him the truth, he thought. He noticed that his sword had begun to vibrate as he neared this guy. You wanna stop? There was no response from Bjorn though. Hawken grunted and returned his gaze, "This may be an inappropriate time for this, but if you don't mind me asking, what's your n-" He cut himself off when he saw an orc charging towards him. He stared blankly as the threat closed in on him. Holy shit... I totally left that paladin guy hanging...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back