• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy [Closed] A nation in havoc

Hearing Nia yawn, Cassander straightened up. His head was still pounding, but it was tolerable. "I can do that for you if you'd rather get some sleep." He knew she must be worn out in more ways than one. They all had lost something today, but what Nia had lost was irreplaceable. Mourning was a draining, wearying business.

In any case, Cassander didn't want to sleep, despite the weight of his limbs dragging him down. He had a distinct feeling that whatever he had experienced just a few moments ago would return to him with a vengeance the moment his eyes slipped closed. He didn't know if he could bear it.

Duke of Doge Duke of Doge TheCountryWarrior TheCountryWarrior Caffeine Freak Caffeine Freak SirGrey SirGrey Uasal Uasal

Samuel clapped Dan on the back. "A noble sacrifice. I'll take your bed." He said simply, although Dan's next words puzzled him. "Not sure the ash outside is too keen on nicking our stuff, Dan." He remarked snidely, before the realisation set back in that his entire hometown was a cinder pit. "...yeah... sleep's a good idea." Sam at last concluded wearily, trudging toward the bed chamber.

@theapproachingtimeskip

Tidying up the contents of her satchel, she let out a light huff at Samuel's words, giving Dan a small smile and a nod. "I'm sure we will all sleep more soundly knowing someone's by the door." Her brow bent a bit. "However, I do think it regrettable you should have the floor all night, no matter how much worse you've had it before. Perhaps we could take shifts?" It was almost a sentiment for the sake of sentiment, as Ru didn't think anyone was more capable of guarding the door than Dan.

With all the talk of arrangements for the night, Ru began to feel weary, and a sleepy sort of look came over her face and the way she moved. She yawned as the time finally seemed to catch up with her, her gaze staying closed an extra few seconds. She lightly rubbed at her eyes for a moment, looking particularly small.

Caffeine Freak Caffeine Freak TheCountryWarrior TheCountryWarrior Duke of Doge Duke of Doge SirGrey SirGrey Uasal Uasal

Last edited:
The thief let the drunkard do his own thing. Looking after a broke heated bonce of a bloke weren't something in his resume. Looking out into the ash ridden land Decarcy debated going away into there. He didn't really have much of a reason to stay here, only thing this place offered was safety. As every one was discussing matter, Decarcy looked over the items he had picked of Samuel's pocket. A small but heavy coin purse, always nice, and some paper. No real uses at the moment but these things tend to become useful later. Going over to the 'Great Tinker' which still caused him to laugh internally he says "Miss O'Relily I don't mean to trouble you but I'll be taking my leave now if its all the same to you miss, you seem to have you plate full and I don't need no looking after I'm big old adult now" with a smile. " You wouldn't happen to have spare horse handy would ya".
Duke of Doge Duke of Doge TheCountryWarrior TheCountryWarrior Uasal Uasal Caffeine Freak Caffeine Freak Rhaine Rhaine

Decarcy puts his hands up in an almost mocking way before saying "Why you gonna put a hole in me with that little toy of yours if you don't" in a his natural deep voice. This was a confidence trick had to show he weren't scared. They was also another trick he had. Blackmail. "I guess daddy dearest would be proud of you, must of taught how to do things like this, ah who am I kidding you dad never looked at you twice did he, last of the ten" he said in a condescending manner.
Duke of Doge Duke of Doge Rhaine Rhaine Uasal Uasal Caffeine Freak Caffeine Freak TheCountryWarrior TheCountryWarrior

Dan's gaze grew colder, and he replied in a mocking voice. "Oh I'm wounded! I feel as if I may kill myself from shame! I know you, theif. I know you've most likely stolen from us. I also know if you had nothing to hide, you would've emptied your pockets instead of resorting to petty insults." Dan raised his weapon, pointing it towards the Theif. "You're not... afraid of death... are you? One of the rules of thievery is: don't get killed. Empty your pockets." SirGrey SirGrey

"Why I don't exactly welcome it, especially when the weapons is pointed at me by a overly angry bastard, but then again I guess I may as well be talking to a tree stump, considering you must welcome death with a fiery roar" he says as he lowers his hands to empty his pockets. "Also you figured out a thief has something to hide, congrats but then again I guess you would be good at spotting that" he says in a snide tone as he starts to throw things on the floor. His bow with multiple arrow types, rope, smoke bombs, blackjack, knifes, spyglass, threw coin purses none of which were Samuel's and a few other oddities, The paper and coin purse of Sam were tucked safe away in a hidden pocket on Decarcy. "Before ya ask yeah I nicked them, happy?".
Caffeine Freak Caffeine Freak TheCountryWarrior TheCountryWarrior

Ru felt like she had whiplash with how quickly the atmosphere changed. She stayed silent as Dan and the Thief had a stand off. Her eyes briefly glanced at Samuel as he spoke before returning to the two in confrontation. She hoped the Thief would just empty his pockets, that this could all end semi-peacefully. Dan was right - if he had nothing to hide, he would have already done it. A shiver ran through her. What had the Thief taken? The moment the thought crossed her mind, the Thief was emptying his pockets onto the floor. Relief found her, though his words did naught but trouble her and instill a bit of anger in her chest.

The prospect of more death felt harder now with the city turned to wasteland. She kept her hands close to her chest, hoping that the objects littered over the floor were enough to stop the potential course in its tracks.

SirGrey SirGrey TheCountryWarrior TheCountryWarrior Caffeine Freak Caffeine Freak

Dan shook his head and sighed. No doubt the thief had a hidden pocket somewhere, but Dan realized he didn't care. "Get out of here. We'll figure out what you took when we check our belongings." Dan kept his gaze on the Thief, waiting for him to leave. SirGrey SirGrey Rhaine Rhaine

Nia would watch the altercation silently.
'The world is ending and this guy is still worried about lining his pockets.'
Nia would think to herself, shaking her head. She then walked over to Cassander, handing him the list and pen. "Cass, I'm taking you up on your offer" she said in a tired tone. Stretching her arms as she walked to the bedroom. Which were just that. Two beds, one king and one queen sized beds, intended for the king and queen. A few peices of artwork, a small bookshelf, nightstands at each bed and that was it.

Rhaine Rhaine TheCountryWarrior TheCountryWarrior Caffeine Freak Caffeine Freak SirGrey SirGrey Uasal Uasal

Cassander barely acknowledged the standoff. His mind was too preoccupied. However, with Nia's reply, he returned to the present, accepting the list and writing utensil she gave him with a short nod. "Goodnight then." He called after her, watching the scarlet-haired girl disappear down another corridor. He gave the others only a glance before he went off toward where the food was stored.

The air felt more faint, the light more blaring. He attempted to will away the pain in his head, but it was relentless. He was unnerved, on edge. He jumped at the slightest noise, as if he were expecting ruin at every turn.

Duke of Doge Duke of Doge

Ru sighed, relieved as Dan told the thief to be on his way. She watched the Princess retire to the bed chamber, and she lightly rubbed over her eyes once more. "I should rest now. Goodnight, everyone. Sleep well." She gave each person in the room a kind regard, before following after the Princess.

She kept her eyes to the floor as she came to a bed side. She unclasped her cloak, hanging it on a bed post. She removed her heavy satchel from across her body, sliding the satchel under the bed so no one would trip over it. She briefly stretched her arms to the sky, letting tension out of her shoulders. Normally, she would have undressed to her shift, but she refrained - only slipping off her shoes and slightly loosening the ties of her dress before she climbed onto the bed. Ru didn't take up much space, curled in on herself. She closed her eyes, but she didn't sleep.

It hadn't been easy the previous night, and it wouldn't be easy now. She slowly began to review the events of the day, paying each of them special attention.

@ Everyone I suppose

Last edited:
Nia sat on the bed across the room from Ru. Looking down at herself as she pulled at her dress. It was white. Was. Now it was stained grey and still far too uncomfortable. "I just realized this is the only thing I have to wear." She said as realized just how much of a pain her clothing would cause. "Sure, I ripped off the lower portion of the dress, but I've still got dress shoes, and the top is stiff. Not ideal given our situation. We might have to scavenge somthing better for me" she laughed at herself "I love clothes shopping!" She said happily, having a bit of humor.
Rhaine Rhaine

Ru's eyes opened as Nia spoke, and she sat up in her place, facing the other girl. She gave a smile at her words, nodding slowly. She carried a languid, heavy-eyed air, and her features wore her slight pleasant smile well. She looked down at her own dress. It had once been one of her favorites. Now, it was stained and torn every which way. The delicate fabric hadn't held up well. It was a shame. Still, at least her garb was comfortable for sleeping. She held out her hand, lightly pressing against the fabric of Nia's gown at her waist.

"We will have to find you something. You can't sleep with your gown pinching at your waist and gripping your lungs like that. How can you manage to wear such a thing?" Ru marveled. However lovely the dress had been, she couldn't imagine donning it herself. She was already short of breath without her own clothes impeding her further.

Nia smiled "Determination sweetie, alot of determination, and will power... and chamber maids to help me get dressed." She said before looking down at herself "part of wants to rip this up so I can be comfortable, but considering the male to female ratio here. I don't think that's a good idea." She started undoing the lacing of the corset. "This demonic deathtrap is 80% of the problem, I should be able to take this off without showing too much skin" she lifted up her legs "by royal standards this is already too much"
Rhaine Rhaine

Ru flushed slightly with the Princess' words, giving a small nod. Thankfully, her underdress and shift protected her modesty with the tears in the burnt-violet fabric. She perked up as the girl began unlacing her corset, and she shifted in her place. "Would you like me to help you out of that?" She figured the lacing would come to a point at her back that she wouldn't be able to reach.

She pondered over their predicament a moment, tilting her head to the side. "Your Grace, are there extra clothes stored away down here?" She had no idea what else the caverns might contain. She hoped for the affirmative. They weren't the only ones who needed a change of garb. They had all been sullied and torn with ash and debris.

Nia shrugged "I mean maybe? I'm not too sure. And yes, please help" she said letting the other girl undo the lacing.
While she was doing that, Nia continued to talk "this was one hell of a day" she said feeling a pang of loss in her heart. "My body is sore, my hairs all ashy, everything is destroyed." She sighed "I just want to take a hot bath, and get a massage. Anything to help me relax."
Rhaine Rhaine

Ru worked through the lacing on the red-haired girl's corset, her hands quick and steady. She nodded, though she was out of the girl's eyeshot. Nia's words were almost an understatement. "I'm not sure I've caught my breath since yesterday." She replied quietly, finishing off with the lacing and letting the ties fall from her hands.

"Why don't you go bathe while I look around for some clothes? Everything seems lighter when you're clean, in my experience, at least. And I'm sure I'll be able to find something for us to wear." Ru wasn't picky. It would have been nice to simply wear something that didn't cloud one in the thick smell of ash. Preferably something that wasn't torn.

"Yeah... ok. Let me know if you find me something." She as walked out of the door, doing a double take "Oh. I look good in red" she added before going to the bathing room. Undressing, and getting into a bath.
@Anyoneifyawannahaveareallyawkwardscene

Ru smiled lightly. "Yes, Princess." She shifted off of the bed, stepping soundlessly out of the bed chamber. The stone floor was cold now that her stockings were the only things between her feet and the floor. She had left her shoes in favor of silence. She hoped she wouldn't disturb anyone, now that everyone was winding down to sleep. Well, almost everyone. She passed through the main cavern and down another corridor. She passed the lit entrance to where the food was stored, glancing at the Prince as he sleepily yet determinedly took inventory. There was a troubled look to his features. She continued on without a sound.

She came into another room, bent on searching through its contents.

@ Anyone and Anybody

((Time skipped to midnight))

Cassander had unwittingly fallen asleep crouched on the floor of the food storage room, writing utensil still held laxly in his hand. Cramped in an uncomfortable position, his muscles often tensed. He murmured ghosts of words.

It was dark - too dark to make out anything with clarity. Aside from the blurry flashes of movement and color, the clamor was all he knew. The deep, earth-shattering clamor. There was a voice, but it was formless. He couldn't grasp on to it. Something that might have been a scream collided with him, shooting up his spine. It was horribly familiar. There was someone else. Someone he didn't know, but had sensed before. Its presence was cold, so cold that it shook him through. It was reaching out.

Cassander woke with a shout. It echoed down the corridor, through the caverns. The same instant, there was great thud - as if something had been broken through.

Duke of Doge Duke of Doge TheCountryWarrior TheCountryWarrior Caffeine Freak Caffeine Freak SirGrey SirGrey Uasal Uasal

Users who are viewing this thread

Back