• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy [Closed] A nation in havoc

The spirit spoke from behind the girl, a wicked gin on his face."I've watched countless generations of Davions unsheathe their blades and string their bows from my pedastal in my ball. Waiting for the right time to strike. And that time has come. I've already killed the rest of your family, and now I'll finish off the Davion bloodline once and for all. Cliche line I know, but true nonetheless. But let's make this interesting! I've been bored this past millennia.

Learn my name.

And meet me in my homeland

What do you say?"

Duke of Doge Duke of Doge

Ru stood as Dan did, her gaze falling to the floor. She didn't want to look. Whatever it was that was instilling such terror through the very air, she didn't want to see. She felt childish and slightly pathetic, but she couldn't shake it. She was grateful for Dan's returned grasp on her hand. At least she wasn't alone.

She brushed the tears from her face with the back of her hand that held her dagger, looking up at the man beside her. She had never seen Dan truly afraid, and it only served to further distress her. Still, a bit of strength returned to her form.

The creature had disappeared down the corridor. They hadn't been able to stop it, and for all they knew, it had done away with the others. The creature had been after someone, but she didn't think that it was the one inspiring her fear. "We... we should try to find the others." Her voice was still a whisper, and despite her words, she didn't move. She couldn't manage to.

TheCountryWarrior TheCountryWarrior

Last edited:
Dan looked at Ru for a second, his mind racing at a mile a minute. What do I do? What do I do? The only thing you can do! Dan's face grew cold once again, his mind calming, and he pulled his hand from Ru's. And he hated himself for it, but he needed both hands to reload. "Your correct. We should help to best of our ability." Dan said, quickly reloading his weapon. "Keep close. I'd rather you not die today." He started walking towards the hideous sound of that creatures voice. Rhaine Rhaine

Samuel stared after the fleeing Nia. "...was it something I said?"
His blissful ignorance was short lived, however, as the presence greeted him too. Every pore in his body rocked shut. A gasp was pressed out his lungs at the sheer overwhelming stench of ash and smoke and iron slammed into him. what. The word would not from on his breathless lips, Sam found himself rather unable to do anything but shiver. The sensation only lasted a few moments but seemed to go on for hours and hours, the assault on his senses unrelenting until its final dissipation. Even then, the hum of power rang in his ears.

Steeling himself, Samuel found the nerve to chase after Princess- Queen Nia. "Your Highness, following me is probably a good idea." Sam gave a hurried gesture to Cass before he made for the door. He made it like five steps off the breadth of said door before he slammed into a dark figure. Sam let loose as sigh of relief (and a quick apology) as he recognised the figure as Dan, Ru alongside him.
"I don't even want to know what's going on," Samuel said anxiously, "Can we just find Nia and leave the creepy cave place, please?"

Rhaine Rhaine TheCountryWarrior TheCountryWarrior Duke of Doge Duke of Doge

Nia yelped as she jumped in fear at the sudden appearance of the ghost. Immediately backing up to the door, swallowing nervously as she mustered up the courage to speak "w-w-why would I do that?" She asked, pointing her sword at him. She didn't have time to look at the blade, as her eyes were locked on the spirit.

"Because either we make a good story out of this or I kill you unceremoniously, and that would be boring so please make it interesting for me." The spirit kept that hideous smile as he floated in front of the princess. Duke of Doge Duke of Doge

Ru watched the fear in Dan's face turn to cold determination. She felt him let go of her hand in favor of reloading his weapon. Despite her initial feeling of discomfort and loss of security, she was glad of it. He would need his firearm. She held her own dagger tightly. She was both eager and frightened at the prospect of heading down the corridor. Here, there were too many dead bodies for her taste, yet she had a feeling that whatever was down the corridor was worse. She nodded at Dan's words. "Okay." It was quiet, yet composed completely of affirmation. She followed close behind him, her green gaze trailing over the bodies they passed on their way.

She was initially startled when Samuel ran straight into Dan. She pressed her hand over her heart, catching her breath. Everything made her jump at the moment. "Find Nia? Isn't she with you and the Prince?" She hoped it was a mistake.

"No. She's not."

Cassander stepped forward, weariness his most prominent feature. He glanced to Samuel at his side. "I'm afraid, as far as I can see, we won't be able to do that. Last I saw, she's in the vault now, and we can't open it from the outside without Davion blood."

He was worn out, not only from the moments previous, but from attempting to analyze his dream so closely. It was the opposite course he was used to taking, and it wore him away like nothing else. He had seen Nia enter the vault in his dream, yet what took place within and after, he was uncertain. It was too dark to see. Overpowered by an outside force.

TheCountryWarrior TheCountryWarrior Duke of Doge Duke of Doge Caffeine Freak Caffeine Freak

Last edited:
"Oh. So we're pretty screwed them." Samuel muttered, his mind briefly considering the cyanide in his satchel. A shrill voice echoed down the corridor toward him. Sam's head snapped toward its source. "-Is... is that...?" Indeed, a rather familiar figure materialized in the hall beyond, making straight for them. "Maybe we should run too?" Samuel suggested, guessing that Nia was probably running frantically for a reason.

Dan had almost shot Sam as his composure wavered. He hadn't heard Sam run up and this was a tense moment, an unknown creature in the same tunnels as they were. Then Nua's yell resounded through the cavern as she sprinted for the exit. "Follow her!" Dan yelled pushing the others in front of him.

The spirit's grin grew even wider as she agreed and she ran.

"What fun!"

A hideous screech resounded in the minds and ears of those in the cavern, a monstrous soul piercing sound. "Run! Run! And we'll meet again! I look forward to it!" The spirit floated down the hallway towards the group.
Duke of Doge Duke of Doge Caffeine Freak Caffeine Freak Rhaine Rhaine

Ru's brow bent, confused by the Prince's words. Suddenly, Nia's voice raised loud and panicked through the hall. She spotted the red-haired girl further down the corridor, heading for the main cavern. She was running from something. At Dan's command, she surged forward into a sprint, chasing after Nia.

A screech overpowered her senses, sending chills through her body. Her hands flew to press over her ears, but she could still hear it as plain as day, like it was inside her head. Words followed, yet they hardly possessed a voice. She cast a glance back behind her, and her blood ran cold as she spotted the spirit. A hushed, heavy cry left her, and she tore her eyes away, running with renewed speed. "What is that?! What is that?!"

"Just keep going!" Cassander urged her on. Now wasn't the time to ponder over purpose or form. He didn't know if making it out of the caverns would matter, but they had to try something. His weariness was overpowered by his fear. He was stronger than he had thought, and his strides were powerful.

Duke of Doge Duke of Doge TheCountryWarrior TheCountryWarrior Caffeine Freak Caffeine Freak

Samuel was quite quick on his feet, but his endurance eroded unnervingly quickly and soon enough, he fell behind the rest - his legs beginning to screech at him. It didn't help that there was now a malevolent entity gaining on them. Reaching into his flailing satchel as he ran, Sam produced the vial of soft, earthy powder. He held it up in front of him for a moment, hastily deciding whether it was worth using, before ultimately taking a deep breath and tossing it behind him. "Say hi to Satan for me!" He yelled over his shoulder, right before a blinding wave of heat struck him from behind.

The mercury fulminate all but brushed against the ground before exploding, the minuscule friction just enough to trigger the violent exothermic reaction just waiting to happen. Samuel was thrown forward, crashing into the ground with a series of rolls before finally skidding to a stop. Not wasting any time, the bruised Samuel scrambled to his feet, managing to give the now blocked up tunnel an obscene gesture before launching back after the others. That should stop it... right? Sam elected not to think about that right now, instead he focused on running.

Dan looked over his shoulder and saw the rocks crumble over the now blocked up entrance and kept running.

The rocks tumbled down and the dust settled. Then the rocks glowed an orange glow, as if they were burning, and they melted into a pool of lava that the spirit just floated over.
Rhaine Rhaine Duke of Doge Duke of Doge Caffeine Freak Caffeine Freak

Nia opened the vault door. Tossing a glance over her shoulder at the spirit before running out into the dark night. Her feet carried her quickly across the ash covered ground.

(time skipping past (presumably) alot of running)

Nia stopped running at the foot of some hills, a good distance away from the city. Dropping to the ash covered ground on her back, panting heavily as she caught her breath.
"What. The hell. Was that." Nia said between breaths, closing her eyes.
Rhaine Rhaine Caffeine Freak Caffeine Freak TheCountryWarrior TheCountryWarrior

Ru had slowed considerably once they had abandoned the caverns. She struggled, taking up the back of the group though she tarried on all the same. Combined with the strain of running and the ash that pervaded the air, Ru was breathless. As she did her best to follow, she had shakily reached into her satchel, fighting through coughing fits as she doused one of her cloths in her oregano and ginger concoction. She had pressed it over her nose and mouth, breathing in heavily as she did her best to catch up. Tears fell from her frightened gaze almost without her notice. She didn't look back. She didn't want to see it again. The spirit - the demon - whatever it was.

It was a miracle when they finally came to a stop. She fell forward to her knees, one of her hands pressed to the ground, the other keeping her cloth in place. Her eyes shut tight, she focused on regaining her breath, though every inhale pained her. Wind that was more like smoke whipped at her hair. She shook, almost not able to support herself.

~

Cassander had left his mind behind. He focused only on movement, on the quick, tense rise and fall of his limbs. He didn't want to think of what had happened, what he knew. He should have used the time to ponder, but he refused almost stubbornly. Something had come over him when the creature had hurt Nia - something he couldn't begin to understand. It frightened him, and he didn't know how he did what he did, let alone what else he would discover.

Finally, Nia came to a stop. He bent, resting his hands on his knees. He panted solidly, giving a brief, sharp cough, dark eyes panning out to the grey wasteland that surrounded them.

"I don't know, but... I have a feeling we haven't shaken it."

Duke of Doge Duke of Doge TheCountryWarrior TheCountryWarrior Caffeine Freak Caffeine Freak

Last edited:
Dan ran with the group, trying to stay with Ru as she seemingly weakened, his cold determination lost and in its place fear. After running for what seemed like hours Nia collapsed with Ru following soon after. Every step seemed to cause more ash to rise off the ground. Dan kneeled down at Ru's side and reached a hand to her shoulder. "Are you okay?" A worried expression covering his face. Rhaine Rhaine Duke of Doge Duke of Doge
Caffeine Freak Caffeine Freak

Ru felt a hand rest on her shoulder. Dan's voice was tinged with worry when it reached her, and she looked up, meeting his gaze with tear-filled eyes. She wanted to be reassuring, but with the weight on her chest and the tremble through her limbs, it was difficult. All the same, she took a breath, bringing the cloth from her face long enough to speak. "Terrified, breathless, but...okay." Her voice was thin, and she tried to form some light-hearted expression, but she didn't make it. She took a shaky breath through her cloth, eyes slipping closed for a beat. Her breath hitched, and she fought through another coughing fit. She gave herself a moment for it to completely pass before she removed the cloth.

"Are you okay? How- How's your head?" Concern filled her eyes, and she reached out, fingertips ghosting near the dark bruise that had formed over his temple.

"Bye bye! See you soon!" The spirit called to the retreating mortals with a laugh. Ahh what fun! And now! Back to my people! The spirit wished for the only family he knew: the Goblins. He had treated them like his children when he was mortal and he knew they would like very much to be part of his victory. He knew the way to Nar-rar-Gazel and willed himself there through the power of teleportation.

Quickly finding the ruins of his once great fort (great by Goblin standards anyway) he found it was still inhabited. Looking around he saw Goblins males patrolling the ramshackle walls and Goblin females nursing baby Goblins. The guards still carried his Crest on their wooden and leather shields, even after all these generations. The jungle surrounded the fort and various chirps and growls could be heard in the dense foliage.

He was home. Now to set about taking it back under his control.

Dan had forgot his light injuries in the heat of the moment and rubbed his jaw, now throbbing but bearable for now. He gave a sad laugh and a shrug. "I've been hit with worse." Standing up he offered her a hand. "Can you walk? Only a little farther." Rhaine Rhaine

Ru gave a weak, bittersweet smile at Dan's response. She nodded. "So I've heard." It was the response she had expected, and a bit of fondness sparked in her. She squinted through the dimness, her gaze faintly finding Nia as she spoke. She watched as Dan stood beside her, offering her his hand.

She took his hand, comforted by the stability in his grasp. She used his pull to reach her feet once more. There was a great deal of weakness in her limbs. "I think I can manage-" She spoke, immediately interrupted by a thin cough. She pressed her cloth to her face, trying to breath as deeply as possible as she followed Nia's path. Shelter and rest sounded idyllic.

TheCountryWarrior TheCountryWarrior Duke of Doge Duke of Doge Caffeine Freak Caffeine Freak

Nia managed to find a small overhang in the hills, sitting down on a rock as she shook her head, removing her hair of ash. She looked up at the ash cloud sky "you can't even see the moon..." she commented before turning to her group. "Anyone know how to start a fire. Nights in Dalania are deadly without one"
Rhaine Rhaine TheCountryWarrior TheCountryWarrior Caffeine Freak Caffeine Freak

Samuel stumbled over, tossing some strewed charcoal onto the ground and pouring thermite powder over it. "Did someone say fire?" He muttered, dropping a lit match onto the mixture, which instantly burst into searing flames. Sam practically collapsed next to it, ignoring the sparks that occasionally nipped at him. "I'm- I'm going to nap for a little bit." He murmured. "Being woken up in the middle of the night by bandits and a demon is really tarnishing my beauty rest."

Nia pulled up her bag, retrieving her cloak and wraping it around herself. Standing up. As she watched the flame, glancing at the sword in her hands as she drew it out with the distinctive ring.

Now observing the blade in the light of the fire. The blade looked like it was it was made of black stained glass, semi transparent, yet more solid towards the middle of the narrow blade. Nia simply looked at the blade, her face one of astonishment.
Rhaine Rhaine Caffeine Freak Caffeine Freak TheCountryWarrior TheCountryWarrior

Ru gave a soft, muffled sigh as she came under the cover of shelter. She sat, hugging her knees to her chest, shivering in the chilly night air. It was a different kind of cold than she was used to. It did more than nip at her skin, it pierced her through. She wanted to sing when Samuel started a fire. She dropped the cloth into her lap, outstretching her trembling hands closer to the flames. Her cheeks were bit scarlet, and all she could think about was fresh air and warmth. She was almost glad of it. She didn't know if she was ready to think of anything else. The flame provided a superficial heat that didn't seem to delve deep enough.

Cassander was thankful for the fire. He stood, watching the flames flicker. A sound drew his attention away. He looked to Nia, his eyes tracing over the blade in her hands. "Is it yours?" He knew she would know what he meant. She had been inside the vault. It was the weapon intended for her, and it looked it without room for doubt. He gave a small smile. He was glad she had been able to reach it. It was good to have something of home.

He twisted the gold ring on his finger.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back