• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Futuristic Clockwork Heart

6:41 ~ 6:49 PM, 03-07-2041
  • Clockwork Heart

Victor Frost
    03-7-2041
    6:41 P.M. ~ 6:49 P.M.

And Victor was back at the infirmary once more. Only this time, Roxy was the one who laid unconscious on the bed, and he was sitting on a stool beside her, waiting for her awakening. Not much has changed since he has been here, after all, it's still on the same day.

The nurse checked up on Roxy every once and a while, though she did not give her any dose of medicine. She would simply check Roxy's temperature, heart rate, etc. and record them on several pieces of paper she held whenever she came and left the room.

The clock ticks, and it's been an hour since Roxy was brought here. She still lies asleep on the bed, and the nurse still does not give her any form of medicinal aid. Thus, Victor decided to confront the nurse in search for answers.

"Hey, miss nurse.", he said, grabbing her by the arm just before she could reach the door.

"What is it, Mr. Frost?", she asked him.

"It's been an hour and she's still unconscious. Aren't you supposed to give her some kind of medicine?", he replied, letting go of her arm.

"Well, as far as her vitals show, she doesn't need medication. Just rest. A good and peaceful sleep would do.", she answered.

"I see.", he said, as he breathed a sigh of relief.

"Not to be nosy, why are you so concerned of her?", the nurse asked him. "As far as the school's records show, she's not quite friendly. She's been returning here for many times now, usually a result of some delinquent brawling or some other unladylike activities."

"Hmm.", he pondered. "How do I say this..."

"What is your relationship with her?", the nurse added. "Are you perhaps her boyfriend?"

HOW DOES VICTOR RESPOND?

[1] "What? No. I don't even know her. I just don't like seeing a fellow student in danger."
    [2] "No! No. We're more of acquaintances...I think."
    [3] "Well, you could say that."
    [4] Write-in.

Last edited:
    6:50 ~ 7:01 PM, 03-07-2041
  • Clockwork Heart

Victor Frost
    03-7-2041
    6:50 P.M. ~ 7:01 P.M.

The nurse's sudden question surprised Victor, leaving him speechless for a few seconds. How concerned did he look like for the nurse to assume such a question? Or perhaps it was simply because of Roxy's extreme independence? Whatever the answers to those might be, his mind was focused on one thing - trying to find a reasonable answer without arising suspicion or possibly creating unwanted rumors.

"No.", Victor said, shaking his head. "We just worked together on the same project for a while. I consider her as my friend."

The nurse nodded. "Ah, I see. It must be quite a project then."

Victor huffed. "It sure was."

The nurse left, but not before repeating to Victor her diagnosis on Roxy's condition - the tough girl just needs to rest and take it easy for a while.

Once she was gone, Victor stood beside the bed, and looked at the unconscious Roxy. In his mind were several questions that he most likely won't ask her, since Roxy won't answer them as expected from your previous encounters with her. Things such as why she has been in the infirmary a number of times as the nurse said, why she's alone, and most importantly, who she really is. All that Victor knows is that her name is Roxy and she knows something about what's happening to him.

In the midst of his thoughts, the sleeping girl awakened.

She opened her eyes slowly, and slightly shifted her body. Welcomed by the bright light of the infirmary's lighting, she turned her head to both sides slowly, but before she could see her surroundings, a familiar voice was heard by her.

"Oh, you're awake!", it said.

Immediately, she squinted her eyes in confusion and turned to face the origin of the voice - which was revealed to be no other than Victor. Her eyes slowly widened after. "Victor?!", she said in a confused tone. "What happened?"

Victor chuckled for a short bit. "Well, you might not believe it, but I miraculously defeated the guy."

"That's impossible.", Roxy replied in a calmer tone. "A wimp like you can't even fight me. How can you even defeat a mercenary?"

"What? He was a mercenary?", Victor took a step back, surprised by the sudden revelation. "Are you saying someone hired him to screw me up?"

"You mean beat you senseless, then, abduct you.", she said.

"What the fuck...", Victor replied. "Why the hell am I being targeted? I did nothing wrong! Nothing.

Roxy sighed, and prompted herself in to a sitting position. Victor gestured an offer to help her, but she gave him this terrifying death-stare, and he easily backed off.

"I did tell you that your life is going to be turned upside down.", she said.

"But why?!", Victor tried desperately to get an answer from her, but to no avail. Roxy simply swatted it off by saying that he would learn about it soon, as time passes. She, then continued to doubt his claim on defeating the tattooed mercenary, making him tell her the story in great detail - the sudden vision, the way how he dodged the man's attacks, and how he lasted long enough to take down the foe.

"So you're saying you got a glimpse of the future?", she asked him.

"I thought it was something like Spiderman's sensing thingy, but now that you say it, I think I did see the future in those short moments.", Victor replied.

Roxy looked away from him, and started to mumble about some mysterious things. Those that intrigue Victor greatly. Unfortunately for her, Victor could make sense of what he can partly hear from what she's saying. And after all that had happened, and all that had been revealed, Victor's desire for answers can no longer be suppressed.

WHAT SHOULD VICTOR INQUIRE ABOUT?

[1] Who this Doctor Kleisir is, and why does Roxy talk about him a lot.
    [2] Why does Roxy know so much about the strange things occurring to Victor.
    [3] What is going on with Victor, and why is he experiencing all this.
    [4] Write-in.

Last edited:
    7:01 ~ 7:21 PM, 03-07-2041
  • Clockwork Heart

Victor Frost
    03-7-2041
    7:01 P.M. ~ 7:21 P.M.

"What is this all happening? And why me? The mercenary, these strange abilities, they don't make sense to me.", Victor asked.

Roxy turned to face Victor, with a rather disappointed look. After a sigh, she spoke. "You really don't know? Not even the slightest clue?"

Victor stared at her in silence, but it the answer to her question was clearly written all over his face - he did not know, not a single bit of it. He was only swept by the events that transpired within the day.

"I'm not going to tell you anything. Figure it out yourself." Roxy lied back down, and cloaked herself with the blanket on the bed, as she turned to face the opposite direction.

"Please!", Victor pleaded. "At least give me a hint, or something!"

"No. Go away and let me rest.", she replied quickly.

Knowing that pursuing this would bear no fruit, Victor decided to leave her alone. Silence filled the infirmary as he headed to the door, full intent on exiting. However, as he walked towards the door, he saw Roxy's things lying on a nearby stool.

Still desperate for answers, he investigated her items. There wasn't much, it was just her hooded jacket, a single pen, her school ID and a bunch of candy wrappers hidden in the pockets. Victor almost gave up until he felt a weird bulge within the jacket. After examining the bulge, he had found a hidden pocket in Roxy's jacket, and what it contained was something that would help him find the answers he so desire.

Roxy's mobile phone. It was a classic model from Apple, with a slightly stained protective cover and a tiny string attached onto its back.

When Victor tried to open it, he was met with a 10-character password requirement. Unfortunately, he did not know anything about Roxy other than her fierce persona. It would be impossible to unlock the phone.

Until it started vibrating, and a notification popped up on the screen.

Dr. Anton Kleiser
    calling...

[1] Answer the call.
    [2] Ignore and put it back to Roxy's property.

7:22 ~ 7:24 PM, 03-07-2041
  • Clockwork Heart

Victor Frost
    03-07-2041
    7:21 P.M. ~ 7:24 P.M.

Since he had gone this far, Victor decided to answer the call. He pressed the answer button on the screen, and placed the phone near his ear.

At first, no sound was heard. Then, after a few seconds, Victor could hear various whispering sounds coming from the caller. He could somewhat recognize a few of them, and they all sound like machines - there were whirs, beeps and boops and even the clanking noise metal gears would usually make. Such sounds continued to play in the background for about twenty more seconds, that Victor almost dropped the call.

Until a voice began to speak. It sounded raspy and old, yet the tone it had seemed to signify high intellect. Assuming the caller is the same with the contact name, then Victor can only assume that the voice belonged to the mysterious Dr. Kleiser.

"Hello Roxy?", the voice said. "I need an update on the holder of the Clockwork Heart. Has anything occurred yet after the memory incident?"

[1] Attempt to imitate Roxy and answer.
    [2] Remain silent.

Last edited:
    7:25 ~ 8:46 PM, 03-07-2041
  • Clockwork Heart

Victor Frost
    03-07-2041
    7:25 P.M. ~ 8:46 P.M.

For some apparent reason, Victor assumed that he could imitate Roxy and possibly obtain more information as to what is currently going on. After all, Roxy's voice is neither too low for a female, nor is it a high-pitched one - it was sounded more like a young female delinquent, which would make sense knowing her.

After taking a preparatory deep breath, Victor would have spoken, if not for a familiar voice speaking from behind him.

"What the hell are you doing?", it said. Simply by the tone, Victor knew that danger was all that awaited in the future. Still, he must attempt to turn the situation into his favor.

He turned to face the source of the voice - and by no surprise, it was Roxy, still wearing her patient clothes. Victor's eyes gazed upon hers, and neither once flinched.

"I'm getting the answers to my questions.", he said with a confident voice.

Roxy puffed a breath. "Sure you are., she said.

Then, in the blink of an eye, she kicked Victor in the gut so forcefully, that he got sent down to the floor a few meters away from her. Victor curled up, letting go of the phone as he held the struck part of his body as he groaned in pain. Roxy moved towards him, and retrieved her phone.

From the phone, the caller's voice continued to echo. "Roxy? What happened?", he said. "Hello? Roxy?"

"Nothing, old man.", she replied with a frustrated voice.

"Wow, you finally answered my call.", the voice said.

"I did not.", Roxy answered. "An annoying idiot did."

"What?, the voice replied. "Who is it? Why did they have your phone?"

"It's that guy.", she said. "The one you've been looking for."

"Brilliant! Can I speak to him?", the voice said, the tone sounding with enthusiasm.

Victor's consciousness faded shortly before he could hear the next parts of the conversation between the two.

An hour later, Victor wakes up. He is restrained upon a chair, in some dark place. His sight is still blurry, and his body still heavy - he can't do much other than a weak struggle to break free from his restraints. Slowly, he realizes that he is in a strange, and seemingly old building - the place is decorated with metallic scraps and technological junk, that it could easily pass of as a junk yard.

An old man with receding grey hair, and some slight amount of facial hair approached Victor. He wore a black shirt underneath a stained lab coat, and his left arm was covered with an armband.

"I see you're awake, Mr. Frost.", the old man said.

[WRITE-IN] Victor's dialogue, presumably questions.

8:46 ~ 8:55 PM, 03-07-2041
  • Clockwork Heart

Victor Frost
    03-07-2041
    8:46 P.M. ~ 8:55 P.M.

"Where am I?", Victor immediately responded with a barrage of questions. Who are you? Why am I here?"

The old man chuckled softly upon receiving the young, confused man's reaction, then took a silent, deep breath. "I understand you are quite confused about the current situation, but I assure you, I - we, are not your enemies. I do apologize for Ms. Roxy's unwelcoming behavior.", the old man said, as he dusted off some dirt on his coat. "Of course, you do deserve some answers."

"You are in a secure facility, hidden from plain sight. Although...it does require some cleaning. This is where I stay most of the time, working on new projects that would hopefully advance our current technologies.",
    he gestured towards the surroundings. Then, the old man, placed his hand above his chest, much like a form of greeting. "I, am Doctor Anton Kleiser, a scientist. Former head developer for Hexcell Industries."

Finally, after those times that Victor wondered who he was, the ever-mysterious 'Dr. Kleiser' has been revealed.

"And you, Mr. Frost, are here because of the Clockwork Heart.", he continued with a more serious tone compared to earlier.

HOW DOES VICTOR RESPOND?

[1] "Clockwork Heart?"
    [2] "What are you talking about?"
    [3] Write-in.

Back