• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Futuristic Clockwork Heart

Answer the call, obviously. Not sure if they'd talk to us or if Roxy will notice, but it'll be interesting at least.

Think I'd ignore it - we'll get more information eventually, no need to piss off the helpful owner of the phone.

Since Roxy's probably been watching us rummage through her stuff for the past few minutes as we're literally in the same room as her, we might as well answer it.

7:22 ~ 7:24 PM, 03-07-2041
Clockwork Heart

Victor Frost
03-07-2041
7:21 P.M. ~ 7:24 P.M.

Since he had gone this far, Victor decided to answer the call. He pressed the answer button on the screen, and placed the phone near his ear.

At first, no sound was heard. Then, after a few seconds, Victor could hear various whispering sounds coming from the caller. He could somewhat recognize a few of them, and they all sound like machines - there were whirs, beeps and boops and even the clanking noise metal gears would usually make. Such sounds continued to play in the background for about twenty more seconds, that Victor almost dropped the call.

Until a voice began to speak. It sounded raspy and old, yet the tone it had seemed to signify high intellect. Assuming the caller is the same with the contact name, then Victor can only assume that the voice belonged to the mysterious Dr. Kleiser.

"Hello Roxy?", the voice said. "I need an update on the holder of the Clockwork Heart. Has anything occurred yet after the memory incident?"

[1] Attempt to imitate Roxy and answer.
[2] Remain silent.

Last edited:
Historical Storyteller Historical Storyteller Silanon Silanon IctoraPost IctoraPost elusivethought elusivethought Amerikia1126 Amerikia1126

Hello everyone, you might wonder why the post is shorter compared to the others. The reason is quite obvious - I can't make out much with the scene, and that I'm currently swarmed with other stuff. Hopefully I can get them done soon.

This is an important decision, so choose wisely. Each choice leads to a different route, and we won't be able to return to this point. However, both are technically "correct" options, so you don't need to worry about dead ends (yet).

The voting will last for two (2) days.

we're a male right?
and Roxy is female?
as well as we're old enough to be in university correct?
THERE IS NO WAY WE WOULD POSSIBLY BE ABLE TO VOICE ACT AS HER! unless we are extremely talented, which i highly doubt, or we still haven't gone through puberty yet, which is basically impossible unless we're ridiculously unlucky, we will not be able to imitate her. this is coming from an actual voice actor, unless our voice is naturally a much higher pitch then the average male, or Roxy's voice is naturally a much lower pitch then the average female, then we're not going to be able to do this without being caught.
in whatever case, i'm curious.
i vote for 1.
because i want to see this fail in action.

Noooo! Crab, I bookmarked the post and then forgot to respond. Luckily, everyone made the choice I would have made, so it doesn't really matter...

7:25 ~ 8:46 PM, 03-07-2041
Clockwork Heart

Victor Frost
03-07-2041
7:25 P.M. ~ 8:46 P.M.

For some apparent reason, Victor assumed that he could imitate Roxy and possibly obtain more information as to what is currently going on. After all, Roxy's voice is neither too low for a female, nor is it a high-pitched one - it was sounded more like a young female delinquent, which would make sense knowing her.

After taking a preparatory deep breath, Victor would have spoken, if not for a familiar voice speaking from behind him.

"What the hell are you doing?", it said. Simply by the tone, Victor knew that danger was all that awaited in the future. Still, he must attempt to turn the situation into his favor.

He turned to face the source of the voice - and by no surprise, it was Roxy, still wearing her patient clothes. Victor's eyes gazed upon hers, and neither once flinched.

"I'm getting the answers to my questions.", he said with a confident voice.

Roxy puffed a breath. "Sure you are., she said.

Then, in the blink of an eye, she kicked Victor in the gut so forcefully, that he got sent down to the floor a few meters away from her. Victor curled up, letting go of the phone as he held the struck part of his body as he groaned in pain. Roxy moved towards him, and retrieved her phone.

From the phone, the caller's voice continued to echo. "Roxy? What happened?", he said. "Hello? Roxy?"

"Nothing, old man.", she replied with a frustrated voice.

"Wow, you finally answered my call.", the voice said.

"I did not.", Roxy answered. "An annoying idiot did."

"What?, the voice replied. "Who is it? Why did they have your phone?"

"It's that guy.", she said. "The one you've been looking for."

"Brilliant! Can I speak to him?", the voice said, the tone sounding with enthusiasm.

Victor's consciousness faded shortly before he could hear the next parts of the conversation between the two.

An hour later, Victor wakes up. He is restrained upon a chair, in some dark place. His sight is still blurry, and his body still heavy - he can't do much other than a weak struggle to break free from his restraints. Slowly, he realizes that he is in a strange, and seemingly old building - the place is decorated with metallic scraps and technological junk, that it could easily pass of as a junk yard.

An old man with receding grey hair, and some slight amount of facial hair approached Victor. He wore a black shirt underneath a stained lab coat, and his left arm was covered with an armband.

"I see you're awake, Mr. Frost.", the old man said.

[WRITE-IN] Victor's dialogue, presumably questions.

[Heis' Write-In] "What's with me being tied up? Don't tell me this is an interrogation. And don't worry, I'm on your side! So I'll spill the beans so just let me go free."

I really don't want to be on his side as long as we don't know what he's up to.

"You know, you could just have asked that on the phone instead of bringing me all the way here. Where the hell are we? Who are you - and, most importantly, why am I here?"

"Roxy kicked me in the gut hard enough for me to pass out from the pain alone. I'm not certain my intestines aren't ruptured. Can I get a medical checkup?"

VOTING CLOSED.

The next update will come soon. Probably in the next 2-3 days, if my current schedule remains unchanged.

8:46 ~ 8:55 PM, 03-07-2041
Clockwork Heart

Victor Frost
03-07-2041
8:46 P.M. ~ 8:55 P.M.

"Where am I?", Victor immediately responded with a barrage of questions. Who are you? Why am I here?"

The old man chuckled softly upon receiving the young, confused man's reaction, then took a silent, deep breath. "I understand you are quite confused about the current situation, but I assure you, I - we, are not your enemies. I do apologize for Ms. Roxy's unwelcoming behavior.", the old man said, as he dusted off some dirt on his coat. "Of course, you do deserve some answers."

"You are in a secure facility, hidden from plain sight. Although...it does require some cleaning. This is where I stay most of the time, working on new projects that would hopefully advance our current technologies.",
he gestured towards the surroundings. Then, the old man, placed his hand above his chest, much like a form of greeting. "I, am Doctor Anton Kleiser, a scientist. Former head developer for Hexcell Industries."

Finally, after those times that Victor wondered who he was, the ever-mysterious 'Dr. Kleiser' has been revealed.

"And you, Mr. Frost, are here because of the Clockwork Heart.", he continued with a more serious tone compared to earlier.

HOW DOES VICTOR RESPOND?

[1] "Clockwork Heart?"
[2] "What are you talking about?"
[3] Write-in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back