• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Futuristic Clockwork Heart

"Beware a man with nothing but time."
PREVIOUSLY ON​
Clockwork Heart
Victor Frost, a student at a state university, thought his day would be just like another ordinary day. That is until he dreamed of his death, which caused things to go beyond his expectations.

First, he had been caught sleeping in his history class, but he managed to salvage the situation by giving a surprisingly excellent response to the lecturer's challenge. There he met Sarah, a charming girl who seems to have some kind of link to him.

It is in this period that he gains "Boundless Recollection", an ability that allows him to recall any memory he has in great accuracy and detail.

After trying to recall anything about Sarah, he faints upon accidentally remember the death he dreamed of. Victor later awakens at the school's infirmary, where he is welcomed by Sarah and another student he is familiar with, but fails to recognize him a first glance.

Several warm greetings with these strangers after, they reveal that Victor has gotten some kind of unknown object in his heart, that caused his body several difficulties, resulting in him fainting. It is also revealed that he might die should this thing remain in his heart for long.

Victor, defiant to this idea, requests the two to call upon the nurse who examined and diagnosed him of this absurdity. During the time when the two are not around, various noises from within the infirmary caught Victor's attention, influencing him to check it out.

After following the origin of the noises, is assaulted by strange velvet-haired woman, who inquires him about several things he doesn't know about, and warns him of things he doesn't understand yet. Before the woman sneakily left the room, Victor managed to obtain several bits of valuable info, and her name - Roxy.

Just in time, the two return with the nurse, who were all surprised that Victor was already standing. The nurse immediately examined him, and the results showed that he is well once more, quickly recovering from his previous state. In surprise, the nurse somewhat panicked, to the point that she almost confined him to the infirmary. Fortunately, one of the two strangers, the male student manages to strike a deal with the nurse - Victor would return for daily check-ups and the nurse will not restrain him.

Once the two, along with Victor, left the infirmary, they began to separate ways. Sarah returned to her classes, but notified Victor that the male student has her number. It is here that the male student's identity is revealed - Carl, the roommate of Victor. Yet again, he has no memory of this person, or them being roommates.

After a short chatter, Victor decided to treat Carl to lunch, where the two talked of matters concerning women and their appeal, which slowly led to Victor asking for the three to meet again once their classes were over, with the school's dormitory as the meeting place.

Victor, arriving early at the dorm, headed over to the room, only to be assaulted yet again - this time, a large man who seemed to be intent on taking him down. Acting based upon the situation, Victor ran, obviously knowing that he won't be a match for such a person. After a long game of mouse and cat, he manages to stall the large man by calling upon the dormitory's guards and diverting their attention towards the rampaging man, as he called for the only help he would know - Roxy.

Coincidence or not, Roxy was there just before Victor could run out of options trying to find her contact details. And without much of an explanation, Roxy went off to repel the large man who attacked him. Call it stupidity or curiosity, Victor chased after her, and watched from behind the front lines.

The young, tough girl versus the large, tattooed man. The two fought it out, until Victor unintentionally showed his face to the man, causing him to be the focus instead of the fight. Distracted by his appearance, Roxy was knocked unconscious, leaving the weak Victor all by himself against the humongous fighter.

Deciding that he should run no more, Victor gains access to "Clairvoyant Glimpse" - an ability that allows him to see an incoming future with great detail.

With this newfound ability, he miraculously defeats the humongous tattooed man, and picked up the unconscious Roxy, then had her sent to the infirmary, where he patiently waits for her to wake up. Investigations ensue regarding the tattooed man's appearance in the dormitory, ensuing the school's security to be re-evaluated and reinforced.

6:41 ~ 6:49 PM, 03-07-2041
Clockwork Heart

Victor Frost
03-7-2041
6:41 P.M. ~ 6:49 P.M.

And Victor was back at the infirmary once more. Only this time, Roxy was the one who laid unconscious on the bed, and he was sitting on a stool beside her, waiting for her awakening. Not much has changed since he has been here, after all, it's still on the same day.

The nurse checked up on Roxy every once and a while, though she did not give her any dose of medicine. She would simply check Roxy's temperature, heart rate, etc. and record them on several pieces of paper she held whenever she came and left the room.

The clock ticks, and it's been an hour since Roxy was brought here. She still lies asleep on the bed, and the nurse still does not give her any form of medicinal aid. Thus, Victor decided to confront the nurse in search for answers.

"Hey, miss nurse.", he said, grabbing her by the arm just before she could reach the door.

"What is it, Mr. Frost?", she asked him.

"It's been an hour and she's still unconscious. Aren't you supposed to give her some kind of medicine?", he replied, letting go of her arm.

"Well, as far as her vitals show, she doesn't need medication. Just rest. A good and peaceful sleep would do.", she answered.

"I see.", he said, as he breathed a sigh of relief.

"Not to be nosy, why are you so concerned of her?", the nurse asked him. "As far as the school's records show, she's not quite friendly. She's been returning here for many times now, usually a result of some delinquent brawling or some other unladylike activities."

"Hmm.", he pondered. "How do I say this..."

"What is your relationship with her?", the nurse added. "Are you perhaps her boyfriend?"

HOW DOES VICTOR RESPOND?

[1] "What? No. I don't even know her. I just don't like seeing a fellow student in danger."
[2] "No! No. We're more of acquaintances...I think."
[3] "Well, you could say that."
[4] Write-in.

Last edited:
Alrighty - time to vote once more!

3.) might piss off Roxy if she ever gets to hear it - and from what I remember, that might be the quickest way to end the story within one additional paragraph. On the other hand, 1.) seems a bit too strange - basically asks for additional question at some point, and at the moment, we don't want to answer those. 2.) sounds a bit too insecure - we might not know what the hell is going on right now, but noone really needs to know that.

So I'd propose to go for a forth option, similar to 2.). Just tell her that we worked on the same project for a while (project "Tattooed Man" - but she doesn't need to know that...), and that we'd consider her to be a friend of ours - even though we're, of course, fully aware of the fact that she's not the easiest person to get along with.

Also, just a little layout thingy: Can you perhaps change the colors for the bottom box (the one with the response options)? The different grey tones are quite similar, thus it's a bit hard to read.

Alrighty - time to vote once more!

3.) might piss off Roxy if she ever gets to hear it - and from what I remember, that might be the quickest way to end the story within one additional paragraph. On the other hand, 1.) seems a bit too strange - basically asks for additional question at some point, and at the moment, we don't want to answer those. 2.) sounds a bit too insecure - we might not know what the hell is going on right now, but noone really needs to know that.

So I'd propose to go for a forth option, similar to 2.). Just tell her that we worked on the same project for a while (project "Tattooed Man" - but she doesn't need to know that...), and that we'd consider her to be a friend of ours - even though we're, of course, fully aware of the fact that she's not the easiest person to get along with.

Yasss I vote this option. Definitely think we'll look (more) suspicioso with 1, and 3 is just asking for trouble. 2's okay, but I think Silanon Silanon has a better option here.

Plus I lol'd at "Project Tattooed Man" so.

VOTING CLOSED.

The next update should be up by tomorrow. If not, then it will come a day or two after tomorrow.

In either case, that'd be earlier than expected - maybe I'm just too used to weekly schedules. Looking forward to the post!

In either case, that'd be earlier than expected - maybe I'm just too used to weekly schedules. Looking forward to the post!

The post schedule is going to be a bit wonky for a short while until I get a permanent time slot for updating this, so please bear with it for now. I'll be tagging the participants every once in a while for announcements, just like before.

6:50 ~ 7:01 PM, 03-07-2041
Clockwork Heart

Victor Frost
03-7-2041
6:50 P.M. ~ 7:01 P.M.

The nurse's sudden question surprised Victor, leaving him speechless for a few seconds. How concerned did he look like for the nurse to assume such a question? Or perhaps it was simply because of Roxy's extreme independence? Whatever the answers to those might be, his mind was focused on one thing - trying to find a reasonable answer without arising suspicion or possibly creating unwanted rumors.

"No.", Victor said, shaking his head. "We just worked together on the same project for a while. I consider her as my friend."

The nurse nodded. "Ah, I see. It must be quite a project then."

Victor huffed. "It sure was."

The nurse left, but not before repeating to Victor her diagnosis on Roxy's condition - the tough girl just needs to rest and take it easy for a while.

Once she was gone, Victor stood beside the bed, and looked at the unconscious Roxy. In his mind were several questions that he most likely won't ask her, since Roxy won't answer them as expected from your previous encounters with her. Things such as why she has been in the infirmary a number of times as the nurse said, why she's alone, and most importantly, who she really is. All that Victor knows is that her name is Roxy and she knows something about what's happening to him.

In the midst of his thoughts, the sleeping girl awakened.

She opened her eyes slowly, and slightly shifted her body. Welcomed by the bright light of the infirmary's lighting, she turned her head to both sides slowly, but before she could see her surroundings, a familiar voice was heard by her.

"Oh, you're awake!", it said.

Immediately, she squinted her eyes in confusion and turned to face the origin of the voice - which was revealed to be no other than Victor. Her eyes slowly widened after. "Victor?!", she said in a confused tone. "What happened?"

Victor chuckled for a short bit. "Well, you might not believe it, but I miraculously defeated the guy."

"That's impossible.", Roxy replied in a calmer tone. "A wimp like you can't even fight me. How can you even defeat a mercenary?"

"What? He was a mercenary?", Victor took a step back, surprised by the sudden revelation. "Are you saying someone hired him to screw me up?"

"You mean beat you senseless, then, abduct you.", she said.

"What the fuck...", Victor replied. "Why the hell am I being targeted? I did nothing wrong! Nothing.

Roxy sighed, and prompted herself in to a sitting position. Victor gestured an offer to help her, but she gave him this terrifying death-stare, and he easily backed off.

"I did tell you that your life is going to be turned upside down.", she said.

"But why?!", Victor tried desperately to get an answer from her, but to no avail. Roxy simply swatted it off by saying that he would learn about it soon, as time passes. She, then continued to doubt his claim on defeating the tattooed mercenary, making him tell her the story in great detail - the sudden vision, the way how he dodged the man's attacks, and how he lasted long enough to take down the foe.

"So you're saying you got a glimpse of the future?", she asked him.

"I thought it was something like Spiderman's sensing thingy, but now that you say it, I think I did see the future in those short moments.", Victor replied.

Roxy looked away from him, and started to mumble about some mysterious things. Those that intrigue Victor greatly. Unfortunately for her, Victor could make sense of what he can partly hear from what she's saying. And after all that had happened, and all that had been revealed, Victor's desire for answers can no longer be suppressed.

WHAT SHOULD VICTOR INQUIRE ABOUT?

[1] Who this Doctor Kleisir is, and why does Roxy talk about him a lot.
[2] Why does Roxy know so much about the strange things occurring to Victor.
[3] What is going on with Victor, and why is he experiencing all this.
[4] Write-in.

Last edited:
Hm, I'd say 2, but she might try to avoid the question or something. 3 seems kind of answered already with what Roxy's said. So I'll go with 1 unless someone has a good custom.

Already saw your post yesterday, simply didn't find enough time to respond properly - anyway, think I'd go with 3) here: It feels like that's the question that Roxy is most likely to answer, since it doesn't involve too much information about herself. If she feels like revealing more, that's fine - but for us, it seems most important to know what exactly happens to us.

I'd also like to add the question if she knows who hired the mercenary - is that included in 3) as well? I mean, "all this" probably includes that incident as well, but maybe we could mention it specifically?

Whoops - just noticed that there was a post in-between. I feel like the "why" is the important part in 3), and her description is rather vague - might be that that's all we're gonna get at the moment, though, in that case 1) seems like the better option...

Damn, that sounds as if I have to be reasonable with my votes... one wrong decision, and things might go downhill... all this responsibility...

I just trusted that you would make all the best possible choices.

One day, that'll go horribly wrong, I promise - if only because I wake up and feel like voting for something completely stupid (it happened before - it'll happen again...). When that day comes, I hope someone stops me. :)

VOTING CLOSED.

An update should come two to three days from now. If certain complications arise, I'll let you all know.

7:01 ~ 7:21 PM, 03-07-2041
Clockwork Heart

Victor Frost
03-7-2041
7:01 P.M. ~ 7:21 P.M.

"What is this all happening? And why me? The mercenary, these strange abilities, they don't make sense to me.", Victor asked.

Roxy turned to face Victor, with a rather disappointed look. After a sigh, she spoke. "You really don't know? Not even the slightest clue?"

Victor stared at her in silence, but it the answer to her question was clearly written all over his face - he did not know, not a single bit of it. He was only swept by the events that transpired within the day.

"I'm not going to tell you anything. Figure it out yourself." Roxy lied back down, and cloaked herself with the blanket on the bed, as she turned to face the opposite direction.

"Please!", Victor pleaded. "At least give me a hint, or something!"

"No. Go away and let me rest.", she replied quickly.

Knowing that pursuing this would bear no fruit, Victor decided to leave her alone. Silence filled the infirmary as he headed to the door, full intent on exiting. However, as he walked towards the door, he saw Roxy's things lying on a nearby stool.

Still desperate for answers, he investigated her items. There wasn't much, it was just her hooded jacket, a single pen, her school ID and a bunch of candy wrappers hidden in the pockets. Victor almost gave up until he felt a weird bulge within the jacket. After examining the bulge, he had found a hidden pocket in Roxy's jacket, and what it contained was something that would help him find the answers he so desire.

Roxy's mobile phone. It was a classic model from Apple, with a slightly stained protective cover and a tiny string attached onto its back.

When Victor tried to open it, he was met with a 10-character password requirement. Unfortunately, he did not know anything about Roxy other than her fierce persona. It would be impossible to unlock the phone.

Until it started vibrating, and a notification popped up on the screen.

Dr. Anton Kleiser
calling...

[1] Answer the call.
[2] Ignore and put it back to Roxy's property.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back