• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern ‧ 𝙘𝙡𝙞𝙥𝙥𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙥𝙚𝙜𝙖𝙨𝙪𝙨' 𝙬𝙞𝙣𝙜𝙨 ‧

mother of sorrows

𝑟𝑒𝑝𝑢𝑙𝑠𝑖𝑣𝑒 𝑝𝑜𝑤𝑒𝑟 𝑜𝑓 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑤𝑜𝑟𝑚.
welcome to altneudorf
a mystery roleplay
... scroll up
premise ...
'Dear Sir/Madam,

we are pleased to answer your inquiry about your possible enrollment in the class of 2022/2023 in Altneudorf Royal Equestrian Academy. We are a school born from tradition, having been established in 1889 with funding from the Wenitz royal family. Our goal has always been excellence and reaching our student's full potential, and we strive to keep up this standard even a century later.

Our academy is set in the breath-taking nature of St. Anna bei Albertsdorf, a location that is perfect for all and any outdoor programs. We have extensive school grounds with private hiking trails and training areas. International students, as well as domestic students, are welcome to stay at our dorms - they are equipped with a pool, gym and with the option of on-campus meals. Horses are provided to students without them. Those students who wish to bring their horses to school may board them at the Altneudorf Royal Academy stables for an additional cost.

Though we hold a great love for horses, our academy also offers diverse programs for falconry, cattle husbanry and veterinary medicine. We teach and uphold the knowledge of both Western and English style riding disciplines.

We would also like to proudly announce that our academy will be the host of the prestigious Pegasus' Wings National Competition. We are honored to be trusted with this responsibility and wish all of the competitors good luck and success. If you are interested in competing, please fill out the form provided on the website.

We thank you for your interest and look forward to hearing your reply.

Sincerely,

Admission Commitee.'

❁ ❁ ❁

Hello, and welcome to Altneudorf Royal Academy! Whether you are a freshman or in your final year, a passionate equesterian or interested in something completely different, your school has been a constant presence in the world of horses. It attracts students from near and far with its proud medals and promising alumni, as well as its homely campus that holds a hundred students max. Altneudorf is, perhaps, nothing compared to brilliant Scheesee Academy - even the most optimistic professors have to admit the school has fallen into disrepair and cut funds, but the small school community is still proud of their achievements.

Even more so, now that Altneurdorf Academy has been chosen as the host of the national Pegasus' Wings competition. The normally quiet campus is abuzz with preparations and excitement, as well as hopeful students lining up to compete. This is the lucky break the academy has been waiting for - the wings that they forgot they had.

But something is off. Competitors end up injured by gear failures, healthy horses are frenzied to the point of madness, barn doors are found smashed in and broken.

And then, the horses start falling sick...

❁ This roleplay is a homage to the horse academy mysteries from the 2000s that literally changed my brain chemistry for my entire life. The plot follows a couple of students from the academy as they try to puzzle together the increasingly complex mystery of Altneudorf and the competition, as well as the world they thought safe. While the story won't be fluffy nor wholesome, it will not be incredibly dark - subjects such as drug abuse and murder will be avoided, but if you love horses, you also know horse competitions are actually unhinged.
😔
Some suspension of disbelief will be expected, as this plot will have energies of 2000s movies - though with added drama and serious topics.

If you have any questions, please don't be afraid to ask!

lore ...
scroll
the setting
Altneudorf is set in Balwerve, a fictional kingdom bordering Germany and Switzerland. A tiny, German-speaking nation, it has been ruled by the Wenitz dynasty for centuries and has mainly stuck to itself. It is known for protected nature parks and it's own share of the Alps, alongside a vast history of horse breeding and farming. Most of the population is German, though with a significant Jewish and Sinti community.
the cast
The characters will be between 18 and 23, all students - they can be training in a specific discipline or be involved in falconry, or any of the other programs. While there are no specific roles, unique characters are very much welcome! Some ideas would be a hard-working yet overly stressed competitor, a student that is seen as a troublemaker, a jealous ladder-climber, a lonely international student, etc.

expectactions
As stated before, this roleplay is heavily inspired by 2000s horse movies and all the shenanigans that come with it. No, no school has secret puzzles or corridors (probably) or a mysterious abandoned lighthouse, or a supposed ghost haunting the woods - but this isn't a super realistic roleplay!

rules ...
Please be 18+ and have a discord! Most of the OOC talk will happen on there!
Absolutely no bullying or bigotry will be tolerated. Diverse and LGBT characters are very much welcome!
Please be respectful of your fellow writers and let other characters be at the focus of the story, too.
Be able to write at least two paragraphs and post bi-weekly! Of course, real life takes priority - please let me know if you are going to be busy.
This is not first come first serve. This is not to be picky, but to make sure the cast is consistent and fits into the setting! Please don't be offended if you are not chosen!
Realistic faceclaims or descriptions only.

and the horse he rode was of ivory
© reveriee

ppl who watched spirit at age 12 and were forever changed, or that ran on all fours pretending to be a horse...... MAKE SOME NOISE!!!!
922114e1aabf3c8b1f088af6687ed502.jpg

making noise, screaming, neighing

me watching myself hold up a horse in my arms, a proud father

Can't believe you're making the horse girl mystery rp and didn't contact me ;-;
ANYWAYS hi I'm here

Is there room for more? Because when I saw this my inner horse girl fan-girl screamed~

babes listen, ur neighing straight into my horse obsessed heart

Users who are viewing this thread

Back