• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Cline City!

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here

Zaxs

Immortal Bait

City of dreams and criminals

Cline city one of the biggest and most developed city this side of the world. Having buildings that tower over people and seems to go towards the heavens. It is no wonder people want to live here, with so many buildings and new ones being built every day, plus the expansion into the city and the neighboring forest that seems to be untouched and full of natural beauty. There is bound to be something everyone can enjoy in this city, from work, entertainment, growth, solidarity, to even individual wants and needs. The city is most well know for how out there it is. It rests on an island off the cost to one of the states, it is huge and houses land that a bunch of entrepreneurs owns and have collectively made into a small city at first. This city used to be a quaint little town that very few people decided to live on, but slowly and surely more people wanted to live on this island, with so much opportunity the entrepreneurs thought it would be a great idea to invest more and more into this city. Making it grow, skyscrapers being erected, statues, landmarks, and even amusement parks were being made on this island. Over time the city has expanded and has become what we see today.

So many buildings and so much opportunity, though there isn't enough room for everyone. The city is so full of people trying to make a name for themselves that the city is very overpopulated and it is hard to good homes. The Shallow District is an example of this, a very small and budgeted part of the city where people fight for whatever food they can get. The air and water in this part are polluted, due to the amount of waste that higher up drop in the Shallow District. Shop owners here rarely have enough food for everyone and because of that, the prices for everything is pretty expensive just so that they can stay in business. It's a harsh place to live, even worse if you try to live with someone or raise a kid. But people make with do with what they have and that isn't much.

If you somehow escape the Shallow District you can find yourself in the heart of the city, filled with bars, entertainment, lights, and action. Tons of action actually as crime has been a very prominent thing in the recent years. Tons of people looking for the quickest way to get cash or steal someone else's fortune in order to escape having to go live back in the Shallow District. Crime here is nothing normal, there are often elaborate ways for people to get cash, from illegal selling magical knowledge to people, to crafting magitech and other technologies to sell or even using them to rob places. People here do what they can to make a living, some try to live a moral and just life and people take advantage of it stealing and robbing them of all they earned.

If you can make it out of there you will find yourself at or near Sky tower a beautiful place full of rich and hard working people that do what they can for the city, whether that is good or bad is up to you. But everyone here hardly has to worry about crime, or making ends meet. Sky Tower is one of the most profitable places and houses many jobs for people and continues to try and find work to get people out of the lower district. But you can't save everyone. Those who wish to do right by the people and choose to protect whoever they can no matter what district or class you are in. Are the CCMP.

The CCMP is the police station just below sky towers that tries to do what it can to protect and help people all over Cline City. A few of the best magic users work here to help train new and old recruits to stop crime and prevent further chaos from going on inside the city. Newer recruits are taken from all walks of life, there are those who want to become doctors and choose to also help police with injured civilians. There are those who seek to climb up and possibly live in Sky towers. There are even people who worked all the way from the bottom of the Shallow District up and up until they finally became a CCMP. Where ever you come from, you are an official new CCMP officer who was just given their badge, weapon, and a license to use magic outside in the field. It is your first day on the job and it is bright and early in the morning when you were called to come into the station to introduce yourself and talk with some of the other members to get you ready for dispatching.
jaylen jaylen Eliasdagood Eliasdagood Abendrot Abendrot Soixan0 Soixan0 Nenma Takashi Nenma Takashi

Attachments

• 1538409589709.png
    1538409589709.png
    2 MB · Views: 1
Last edited:
Police Station
mike-betham-ps-ws.jpg

mike-betham-ps1.jpg

Rin Kyugan
giphy.gif
Rin laid in bed sleeping soundly her blanket thrown to the floor as it made her too hot, her chest raised up and down slowly almost as if she was dead. The equivalent of a ghetto sleeping beauty, awaiting her prince charming to wake her with a kiss. There was a loud smack as Rin shot up from her bed covering her mouth, something had hit her right in her mouth. Looking at her assailant by the side of her mattress there stood a short old woman holding a cane in one hand like it was a club. Rin stuck a finger in her mouth to check if she was now bleeding yet she found nothing, but it didn't change that her mouth still throbbed in pain. "Oi Granny the hell was that for?" Rin rubbed her lips with her index finger trying to soothe her arching mouth. The old woman placed the cane onto the floor using it for it's original purpose now, she walked over to a clock on the wall near Rin's bed. "You know what time it is?" The old woman asked Rin could sense this was a rhetorical question, now she was sure she had missed something. Racking her brain for a moment she tried to figure out what she could of forgotten that would upset the old woman. It was too early to be upset over a birthday nor was it time to get the bar ready, Rin wondered if the old woman had finally lost it and maybe she would need to call up the CCMP and.....then it hit her.

The old woman's cane that is, smacking Rin on the back of her head the impact smashing the memory back into her. "Ouch! W-wait I remember now." Now rubbing the back of her head Rin understood what she had forgotten about, her head shot to the clock staring at it like it was the most unbelievable thing she had ever seen. "I had totally forgotten! It's my first day at the station!" Rin shot up from the bed leaping for a dresser but the cane of the old woman blocked her path. Rin looked at her tensing up expecting the quick impact of the cane again, instead the old woman pointed towards a set of clothes laying by Rin's bed. "You had already set them out last night remember." Now that she had mentioned it Rin did in fact remember setting out an outfit for her first day. The old woman left the room letting Rin get dressed in private, when she came down the stairs the old woman was cleaning some glasses. "Oi Granny let me help ya with dat." Rin approached the old woman looking at her out of the corner of her eye. Rin's outfit was pretty professional consisting of a suit and dress pants. Though maybe it was just the way Rin had grown up but she looked more like someone who frequents the nightclub, rather than a business woman which the old woman was sure was her intent. The old woman didn't break her gaze with the glass she was cleaning as she spoke to Rin, "What'd I tell you about that slang." Rin paused and cleared her throat. "A proper woman speaks clearly with correct grammar." Rin repeated the same line she had heard over and over for years, it was the old woman's attempt to make Rin more polite and while Rin did try she would slip up here and there sometimes. "Don't worry about the glasses, I can handle it I'm not that old yet. Now get out of her you don't wanna be late on your first day do ya?" Rin smiled heading for the door opening it stopping in the door way, she didn't look back as she spoke. "I think you meant to say, "do you" after all do ya is slang." Closing the door behind her as she stepped out the old woman chuckled to herself cleaning the glass. "Honestly were the hell does that kid get off talking like that." The old woman stared at the class her hands shook slightly as she fought back tears of joy.

Rin made her way to the station it a bit even by train, she knew it was due to those in the upper levels not wanting to be reminded of those in the Shallow. After all if you didn't live in the Sky Tower there was always the fear you'd be dragged back into the Shallow. It truly was like a bottom void just when you think you've climbed out you can be sucked back in, even deeper than before. Rin had seen it before what getting dragged back does to someone the absolute despair on their faces. For a moment she worried she too might end up like that but despite that she smiled. She was happy she was still worried about not doing well enough, yet she smiled none the less being taught by her Granny that this was the best way to face problems. She always told her the same thing too. "If you just smile when things are going wrong you might just remember something happy due to it." Rin stood up arriving at her stop as she exited the train the smile on her face was no longer a forced one. She silently thank the old woman as she headed into the police station ready to begin her first day, as a member of the CCMP.

Last edited:
Kaura takes a deep breath, looking in the mirror. Ketsuo tied her pale hair back in a series of braids, to keep it out of her face, and she can still feel his cool fingers as he adds the final touches. He nods to her in the mirror, and steps back. “There. It will stay in place.” He says simply.

Kaura turns, and smiles at him, hugging him quickly. Ketsuo never really got used to this, but he hugs her back awkwardly. “Do you want some breakfast?” Kaura asks, looking up at him. Ketsuo furrows his brow. “You know I do not require-“

“I didn’t ask if you require breakfast.” Kaura cuts him off. Ketsuo sighs. “I… would appreciate some bacon and toast.” The spirit admits. Kaura beams, and heads into the kitchen, followed closely by Ketsuo. She starts working on the food, humming happily, as Ketsuo’s white eyes dart to the windows and doors.

Kaura chuckles softly. Even in perfectly relaxed situations, Ketsuo is on the lookout for anything that might harm his ward. He knows that even with her training, Kaura’s magic has nothing to do with actually hurting anyone. That’s his job.

Once the food is done, the two of them sit down to eat, rather enjoying the moment. Kaura made plenty of bacon for Ketsuo, who takes the time to enjoy it.

Just as they’re finishing, Kaura’s alarm goes off, and Ketsuo takes the plates to the sink, as Kaura grabs her things she’ll need for orientation. The two of them head down from their place in the tower, and walk into the station, very excited to begin.

I had been sitting next to my car for the past 30 minutes. A cigarette was lit in my mouth; music played its self from my phone, some old song, older than my mothers but it's a good one. "Today's the day, first day on the job and I've been sitting here smoking and listening to music with you." Thirteen barked and turned her head to look at the station.

"Hehe, I know, I know I'm not gonna get over my nerves if I stay out here." Dusting myself off I cross the street and make my way for the doors I turn back to look at Thirteen. "You're too good for me you know that?" She rubs up against me, then disappears from the sight of others; I still know where he is. I always know where she is.

"Yeah, well you too." As I make for the handles I hear someone coming up behind me. I turn and hold the door open for them "Oh? My bad, you go first." I enter after them, walking side by side. Think I'll start up some conversation. "Hi, my name is Emil." I hold my hand out and try to give my best smile. I don't smile much but my mom thinks I've got a great one.

"I'm one of the new guys, how about you?"
Nenma Takashi Nenma Takashi

Last edited:
[class=BackgroundPicture] Background:url(http://getwallpapers.com/wallpaper/full/a/7/1/611206.jpg); Padding:30px; //The background image that become the border// [/class] [class=BackgroundColor] padding:20px; background-color:#fce0af; Color:Black; //the solid block of color that makes the border appear as a border all your content will be in this box// [/class] [class=Name] float:right; margin-bottom:10px; text-align:center; border-radius:5px; background-color:#fd5e53; padding:5px;color:#fbe7d1; width:calc(100% - 15% - 20px); //The Box around the name// [/class] [class=Img] border-right:10px SOLID #fce0af; border-bottom:5px SOLID #fce0af; width:15%; float:left; //this class has a border to create a false margin so the horizontal lines don't appear to go behind the image if you change the back ground you have to change the colors here too// [/class] [class=Image] border:1px SOLID #142740; line-height:0px; //The border around the image// [/class] [class=Line] border-top:1px SOLID #142740; margin-top:5px; margin-bottom:5px; //The tiny lines everywhere// //You can see here they have a set width, which is the shorter length, the bottom two lines have a specific 'style' which overrides what happens here to make them full length. if you need longer lines, copy and paste the style from the bottom two (be careful, they float right, making them too big at the top messes the code up) If you need the bottom lines to be shorter, delete the Style=" and such// [/class] [div class="BackgroundPicture"] [div class="BackgroundColor"] [div class="Img"] [div class="Image"]
7c30497a7f0097d213a10b54dde9eafe.jpg
[/div][/div] [div class="Name"] Cybil Dixon[/div] Cybil had been best friends with the demon called "Insomnia" since they met years ago back when she was in high school. She sat at the round dining table in her quaint apartment before the sun had even decided to rise, a cup of steaming coffee placed between her hands, her friend hovering at her neck. Going to sleep had never been the issue, but rather staying asleep. So there she was at 2:23 am, her laptop playing the newest video from Cartoonz on YouTube while she sipped away at heavily creamed coffee. She had been so invested in the laughs she was getting from the video that she hadn't noticed her "roommate". Alastor, who served as Cybil's partner since the day he appeared when she was ten, had approached the dining table."Hello beautiful. Looking forward to your first day? I am~" His voice was silvery as usual, though you could tell he was tired. While he was a servant, he was treated and acted like any other human - just with more of an ego. Cybil rose her eyes to stare at the demon who was now pouring himself a cup of coffee. Unlike herself, he preferred little to no cream. "Yeah, I guess. It's not exactly the most exciting thing in the world but it was a cool opportunity." A typical response from the woman. Like Alastor, she was tired but had grown used to the feeling over time. The demon pulled up a chair beside her and together they drank coffee, ate some cereal, and watched Cartoonz until it was time for Cybil to get ready for her new job.

A quick shower was the first step to any morning, and so Cybil hopped in while Alastor picked out her outfit for the day. Every part of their day was revolved around each other; the unspoken rules, the memorized routine, and the way they worked perfectly together in every situation. When she got out, Alastor worked on drying her hair while Cybil slipped on the simple white blouse and black slacks that were laid out on her bed. Next came her makeup which Cybil did on her own for ten minutes while Alastor continued to dry her thick hair. By the time she was done, so was her hair and she placed it up into a messy bun. Stepping out of the bathroom and into the living room, Cybil stretched her body and talked to Alastor while she put on her shoes and grabbed her things.
"I hope there are some actual cool people that I get to work with."
"Cybil, it's CCPM.. I think you'll find someone. This isn't work for the light hearted."
"I know that but I'm talking about sticklers and your typical annoyances."
"Hahahah! Knowing you, everyone will be a nuisance."
"It's not my fault everyone lacks a brain."
"Or rather, you lack a heart."
"God I hate you."
"I hate you too~."
With that, they stepped into the car and made way to the station. Seeing as she lived middle class, it wasn't that far, but she did pass by lots of graffiti and bad people. The typical signs that while they were higher up on the food chain, they weren't high enough to escape the outcasts.

The station was bigger and nicer on the outside than Cybil hadn't expected. It had never really occurred to her what this place might be like but it was pretty nice. Stepping inside, it was huge! The ceiling seemed to be 100 feet high. Alastor whistled from beside her, dressed up in a black suit with a red tie. He always made them look good and if he wasn't around, Cybil would live a life of jeans and t-shirts. "Fancy place. Guess that's to be expected in this area though. Isn't it nice, Beautiful?" He was referring to her. She cleared her throat, placed on foot forward, and crossed her arms under her chest. "Yeah, it's alright. The building isn't what will have me tickled pink though. Come on, lets find the boss." They continued walking around, eyes open for the person who was in charge of CCPM.

[div class="Line"][/div] Interacting: n/a | Mentioned: n/a | Located: ccpm station [div class="Line" style="margin-bottom:0px;"][/div]
[/div]
Code by @AgWordSmith
[/div]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back