• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern Citizen Spear: Militia RP

MrThe

Mystery Man
Roleplay Type(s)
Hey guys, I'm launching my Militia RP under a different genre now and I think the new world and concept is pretty interesting.

First imagine a typical Urban Fantasy setting and then remove the wool from everyone's eyes. After that throw in a ton of dangerous DnD monsters (the smaller ones mostly) and we get to the starting line of this RP. I'm not really focused on making it proper Urban Fantasy, just thinking about a dangerous fantasy world with modern technology and putting you guys in a Militia charged with defending your community. Let me know if you guys are interested.

This sounds cool. I assume we would play as humans, but I was wondering if we would have access to magic? I know certain DnD monsters we would have no chance against with just guns. Anyways mark me down as interested in this RP.

This sounds cool. I assume we would play as humans, but I was wondering if we would have access to magic? I know certain DnD monsters we would have no chance against with just guns. Anyways mark me down as interested in this RP.
Awesome! That's a great question and I was thinking that you'd have more access to Magitech or Anti-Magitech than you would actual magic. Basically instead of blessing your own silver bullets you buy the special ammo with hexagramattic wards off the rack. Less Magic as in casting spells and summoning creatures and more stuff like Alchemy and Enchantments. Make sense?

Last edited:
So Magic would work more through crafting in a sense. Having to spend time getting the right resources, knowledge and equipment to make something that could help. Sounds like it would be fun to have a character in there that is really into the studious aspect of everything and is now forced to get hands on if they want to live.

So Magic would work more through crafting in a sense. Having to spend time getting the right resources, knowledge and equipment to make something that could help. Sounds like it would be fun to have a character in there that is really into the studious aspect of everything and is now forced to get hands on if they want to live.
That does sound fun. Looking forward to your entry.

I've just joined this site yesterday. So I'm still learning how to navigate it. Where would I put this entry?

I also aren't sure if I should join this right now. Overnight I got a lot of dm's of people interested in starting a story.
I want to give every rp I'm in the best responses I can. And I'm afraid if I join too many at once, I won't be able to give all of them the time they deserve.
Genuinely wasn't expecting this, so before I promise more than I can give. I want to slow down and see how some of the other offers I've gotten develop.

I'm very sorry. But I thought it was better to be clear from the start rather than admitting I got overwhelmed later on and having to drop halfway through.

I've just joined this site yesterday. So I'm still learning how to navigate it. Where would I put this entry?

I also aren't sure if I should join this right now. Overnight I got a lot of dm's of people interested in starting a story.
I want to give every rp I'm in the best responses I can. And I'm afraid if I join too many at once, I won't be able to give all of them the time they deserve.
Genuinely wasn't expecting this, so before I promise more than I can give. I want to slow down and see how some of the other offers I've gotten develop.

I'm very sorry. But I thought it was better to be clear from the start rather than admitting I got overwhelmed later on and having to drop halfway through.
No problem my friend. I hope you get into a good RP soon. Usually a link to character sheets will be posted in the interest check here and everyone who showed interest will be pinged that character sheets have been opened in extra pages. (Extra pages is where you post lore and character sheets and out of character conversations)

No problem my friend. I hope you get into a good RP soon. Usually a link to character sheets will be posted in the interest check here and everyone who showed interest will be pinged that character sheets have been opened in extra pages. (Extra pages is where you post lore and character sheets and out of character conversations)
Thank you for the explanation. I didn't know that's how it worked. I really appreciate it. ^^
I hope you guys have lots of fun with this story. It genuinely sounds like it'll be a blast.

Thank you for the explanation. I didn't know that's how it worked. I really appreciate it. ^^
I hope you guys have lots of fun with this story. It genuinely sounds like it'll be a blast.
No problem. I love helping out new guys like you. Have you found a good rp yet? Or have you decided to make this one your first?

No problem. I love helping out new guys like you. Have you found a good rp yet? Or have you decided to make this one your first?
I've found three rp's so far. But only one has actually truly started. With one we're finding out our timezones might make it impossible to all be online at once. (Which is something the other members want.) So if that one falls through I'd definitely be interested in joining this one. It's just I don't want to join so many I can't keep up posts for all of them once they all start taking off.

I've found three rp's so far. But only one has actually truly started. With one we're finding out our timezones might make it impossible to all be online at once. (Which is something the other members want.) So if that one falls through I'd definitely be interested in joining this one. It's just I don't want to join so many I can't keep up posts for all of them once they all start taking off.
No problem at all. I'm just looking to have one more join so we have three and then we can start but I probably should post Character sheets anyways.

No problem at all. I'm just looking to have one more join so we have three and then we can start but I probably should post Character sheets anyways.
How frequent would I be expected to post? I'd love to join. But..depending on the starting or falling through of other rp's I might suddenly have a lot more or a lot less time on my hands.

How frequent would I be expected to post? I'd love to join. But..depending on the starting or falling through of other rp's I might suddenly have a lot more or a lot less time on my hands.
I don't really have strict posting requirements

Users who are viewing this thread

Back