• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Cirque de Monstres

Atl

Atl stood up, “Ditto. Hey Paul,” he acknowledged the ringleader, walking out of the main tent just moments after Ignis. He really should have tried to sleep earlier, but his hunger had kept him awake. Now, it seemed he was having nightmares again as well.

It was still raining, the sky nearly completely black now. He hadn’t thought it was even going to be this type of a storm, seeing as the cloud was so small this morning. Standing in the rain, he closed his eyes and let the water soak up his clothes until he shivered.

Maybe the sound of the rain will help me sleep, he hoped, making his way back to his trailer. For a moment he viewed what he thought was a log in the mud, until he noticed it was the bodies of Alekin and Luna seemingly intertwined. He decided on another route.

Samantha

Samantha was now feeling all atwitter; she gave Paul a fretful look. “Did you see that? They both left, Ignis and Atl. Neither of them seem to be feeling very well.” She frowned, which wasn’t a thing she usually did.

The rain poured loudly on the tent canopy. “Do you think it will let up? I don’t think I was expecting it to even get this bad…” she blinked, finally hearing Paul’s words, as she was previously too caught up in her worries.

“Cupids arrow?” She asked, raising an eyebrow. “Ah! I see what you mean,” she smiled. The wheels in her brain slowly spun for a moment and her eyes widened as she slowly came to an understanding. She gasped, reviewing the days events.

“Oh Paul, poor Nora…” she frowned yet again. She was pretty sure she’d seen Alekin sneak a look or two at Luna several times in the past, although when she had tried to pry he always denied it. Oh, Nora will be heartbroken…

Kori

Having slipped into a black leotard, Kori was busying herself by stretching her human legs and body in preparation for the evening’s events. She had a satisfied look on her face, for she had slithered into the living room to find it completely devoid of any evidence of her antics the night before. Raini was like that, constantly cleaning up after the messes that Kori made.

And Kori was only too happy to supply Raini with new messes to explore.

Last edited by a moderator:
"The rain will let up."

He was confused by her words about Nora, perhaps he did not explain it right.

"My dear why is Nora to be pitied when the person who has left her with feelings of love is standing before me?"

He looked at Samantha before turning and leaving the main tent.

"I should check on her."

He grabbed his umbrella and made his way to the small tent.

Nanami looked around, an umbrella in one hand and a cup of coffee in the other. She grumbled, her expression displeased and her face in a steady scowl. She hated the rain. It made everything soaking wet. Walking inside the main tent, she dropped her umbrella by the door. She sighed, shaking her head a bit.

Samantha

Sam gaped, as it was the only thing her brain could think to do. “C- come again?” She said to the air, as by the time she regained any sense to speak Paul had already exited the tent.

Walking over to the chair in which Atl had been napping in just moments ago, she plopped herself down, clicking her pen absentmindedly. She wasn’t quite sure how to feel about such news. Had it been anyone else other than She or Alekin, she would have delighted in the gossip. When it concerned her, however, Sam was a bit guarded when it came to matters of love. She closed her eyes for a moment, memories almost threatening to take over her senses. Hearing a nose, she quickly raised her head, noticing Nanami at last.

“Ah, hello Nanami… my… wondrous… diva.” Sam greeted, lacking her usual enthusiasm.

Nanami grunted, sitting down. She hated rain. "Of all things, why rain?" She mumbled, taking a sip of her coffee. She swore, if someone tried flirting with her this very moment, she would kick them across the tent and hit them with her chair. Let's put this in the nicest way possible. She was ubber pissed about the rain.

By the time he got back to his trailer Ignis was out of breath. He hadn't run there, but was terribly exhausted and beginning to feel the ache in his chest again and his head beginning to pound. He whipped open the door and quickly stripped off the heavier top jacket. Only getting it half off before falling face first into his bed. He was going to try to get some rest before tonight....wouldn't want to nearly pass out in the middle of a performance again.

Nanami got up after a while, the silence and the coffee helping her mood significantly. She sighed, a bit sadly, as she threw away the empty cup of happiness that used to be her coffee. Walking to the center of the tent, she sighed. She found the trapeze swings and climbed up to them. She inspected them, to make sure that they were ok. But her intuition got the better of her and she climbed on them, swinging across to the other one. She began going though the motions of her old show. She stopped halfway though, sitting on top of one of the bars.

Nora sat on the ground of the small tent letting Banana have fun roaming around outside of the cage. Her mind wandered to the what happened earlier.

"what should I do Banana?"

She looked at the snake who was looking outside of the tent. She sighed.

"You're right I should go apologize to her."

She sat up looking at Paul who had just entered.

"Paul put Banana back her in cage I need to talk to someone."

She walked out of the small tent stopping halfway to the main tent to gather up her courage. She walked into the main tent when she saw Nanami doing some acrobat stuff. When she stopped Nora clapped. She looked over at Samantha who looked a little off. She slowly walked up to her .

"I'm sorry about earlier, I didn't mean to make you worry like that."

She was unaware that Paul had told Samantha about how she really felt about the ringleader.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Paul sighed as he watched Nora walk out of the main tent. He called to her even though he knew she couldn't hear him.

"I told Samantha about how you like her."

He shrugged since she didn't respond and looked at the large yellow snake in the middle of the ring.

"I let stay out a bit longer Banana, you deserve it."

Samantha

Samantha jumped up, the sudden movement causing the chair she was sitting on to crash behind her. She had been occupied in her own thoughts, watching Nanami perform.

“Oh, hello my…uh… Nora,” she spoke with uncharacteristic unease. She still wasn’t quite sure she had heard Paul correctly. She was used to being the charismatic one, the one that everyone came to if they were in the mood for some flamboyant flirting. She couldn’t quite help but to think that if what Paul said was true, that it was probably her fault. She had never thought that someone might take her ramblings seriously, and she hoped she hadn’t been leading Nora on for some time. She stared at the woman in front of her for a moment, her face slightly flushing.

“Don’t worry about it, shit happens,” she spoke absentmindedly in a lower voice than most people ever heard her use.

“Ah!” Her eyes widened and her face deepened in color, “Do excuse my language, I seem to have forgotten myself. Blame the weather, I will!” She chuckled nervously.

It had been many years since Sam had even thought about serious romanticism, and the idea was making her feel a bit… apprehensive.

Nora tilted her head to the side, Samantha seemed off and she couldn't help but feel responsible for it.

Had she really been that concerned.

She was oblivious to the fact that Samantha's odd behavior had been because of Paul.

"If I said anything to offend you I am sorry, I'm not really one for words."

She rubbed the side of her head when she noticed Samantha's change in color.

"Are you feeling okay?"

She realized that the conversation had become similar to the one they had earlier.

Samantha

Samantha stilled, her face gaining a stoic expression. She wasn’t quite sure how to answer that question honestly. On one hand, she felt fine, the same as always. On the other…

“No, you haven’t done anything wrong. It has just been quite the morning,” she spoke wearily, picking her clipboard up from the floor. She ran a hand through her short blond hair and closed her eyes. She never liked to think about her past- of course this situation wasn’t anything like what had happened before.

She paused, her light eyes taking in Nora’s dark ones. “Nora,” she spoke in monotone, “Do you know what it is Mermaids do?” She wasn’t asking her facetiously; Nora was young, after all. Mermaids had shunned human society for the better of 500 years, so it was quite unusual for one such as herself to be living on land. Although, the circumstances that lead there was very usual.

Luna looked at Alekin. She smiled, feeling a warmth inside her as she slipped her hand into his. "Well it's safe to say I have to shower again." She said, her hair sort of frizzy. She realized that they were close to the main tent. She sighed, her hair a big mop of soaking strands with a bit of mud somewhere in there.

Nora looked at Samantha. Her dark eyes looking at her light ones, she felt like they were the real life yin and yang.

"No I'm afraid I not."

She wondered if it was worse then what she did. She decided if Samantha told her about mermaids then, she will spill the beans on her secret. How she really charmed the snakes.

Icefox11 said:
Luna looked at Alekin. She smiled, feeling a warmth inside her as she slipped her hand into his. "Well it's safe to say I have to shower again." She said, her hair sort of frizzy. She realized that they were close to the main tent. She sighed, her hair a big mop of soaking strands with a bit of mud somewhere in there.
(omg! I totally mis-read your beginning statement at first and was momentarily scandalized! lmao) 

Samantha

Samantha stepped towards Nora, an odd glint in her eye. She slowly bent her head forward close to the other woman’s and whispered, “They spend days, weeks, sometimes even months gaining the trust of a human they find beautiful. When the human is crazy with love, they’ll hypnotize them, forcing them to enter into the depths of the seas against their will. And when they do…” she paused for a moment, her voice nearly shaking. “They reveal their true form, and hold them underwater until they drown. Not to eat… just for fun.”

She had meant it as a warning, but as her memories began to flood back, Sam felt very unwell. The Mermaid stepped back, her face a bit paler than usual. She was, at this point, a bit out of it. “Excuse me,” she said softy, and quickly made her way to exit the tent.

(Sweet gods of Greece I have missed a lot!! Havent been getting notifications)

Freyja was laying down in the grass with her eyes closed, resting from all the excitement that had been going on recently. Her hair was splayed all around her like a blanket of snow and her wings glinted in different colors as water formed on them. Rainy days were nice if she wasnt flying. Besides it rained all the time where she grew up.

Nora stood there hands in her jacket pockets as Samantha left. They were suffering the same fate, they couldn't get close to anyone.She walked out as well she spoke to Samantha as she passed her.

"We share a similar fate."

She walked to her trailer stopping to look at Freyja who was laying down in the rain.

"Enjoying yourself?"

Freyja opened her eyes and looked Nora, "Hello there Nora of course i'am! Most creatures take rain for granted while I quite enjoy it. Besides when your preparing yourself to plunge hooks deep into your flesh. A little meditation is in order and why not do it in the rain? I cant feel the cold anyway" She grinned and closed her eyes again to keep rain from hitting them.

"Yes Connor, just give us some privacy for a while." He said, calling out to Connor. He was laughing, amused at how the others didn't even see them yet. "Well, both of us do need a shower." He said, scratching Luna between the ears. "You should go take a shower." He said. "Is there any chance that I might be allowed to take a shower with you. "Alekin said, half joking and half hoping. (Ever since Alekin and Luna had romantic confessions, the others are following. I am actually squealing right now.)

Luna smiled and playfully swatted his arm. "Not a chance. At the least not yet." She said. She purred when he scratched in between her ears. She loved that, much like a house cat or a tiger. She blinked a few times before squeezing his hand and walking towards her trailer. "You can at the least take me to my trailer."

Samantha

Samantha rushed to her trailer, cursing the rain. She wasn’t entirely sure why she had even told Nora that, and she was now feeling horribly guilty. Her behavior had been most ungentlemanly.

She stopped, just before she reached her destination, hearing a familiar voice. She turned and witnessed two figures walking hand and hand. “Alekin?” She called out in disbelief.

Ignis' peaceful rest was very short lived. Only a few minutes after he closed his eyes it began. He was trapped in a ring of fire as blackened figures crept closer, reaching out for him with their clawed hands and tormenting him.

"This is all your fault!"

"You let us die Ignis? Why?"

"How could you do this to us?!"

"You're a monster....you should never have survived...we should have killed you as soon as we had the chance!"

The flames quickly engulfed him, choking him out. He panicked and struggled. Eventually breaking free of the figures and flames and the trailer. Screaming bloody murder he collapsed to his knees. Pulling his knees up to his chest as he desperately tried to get rid of flames that were never truly there. They covered him and the entire inside of the trailer, but were mere illusions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back