• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Cirque de Monstres

Jun nodded at Samantha's question.

"I will go tell her."

She let go of Paul's arm as she left the tent. She walked over to where Freyja was.

"Freyja can you run the side show tonight?"

-----------------------/------------

Paul was relived to have Nora let go of her arm. He looked at the others.

" I would love to play where in the world is Jake but, I have my own tent to watch."

He turned and walked out and entered the small tent . There was already a crowd there.

"I did not see him, I was just with Luna." He said to Samantha, who was frantic. Alekin was concerned as well. Jake doesn't just leave without anyone knowing. Something bad must be going on. He wrapped his arms around Luna protectively. "Luna, did you see Jake?" He asked Luna.

Luna looked Alekin in the eyes. "I didn't see Jake. I was practicing all day." She said, enjoying the embrace.

------------

Nanami walked into the tend and heard the words "Jake is missing and rushed over to Sammy. "What do you mean you can't find Jake! How hard is it to lose a 7 foot tall blue man!" Nanami yelled. She ran her hands though her hair, worried and stressed. Her gut kind of sunk when she heard he was missing. "We need someone to temporarily run the tent for him." She said.

Once he made sure all his equipment was as how it should be, Conner takes a walk around the little tent, seeing how many he would perform in front of. It was an impressive amount, possibly one of the biggest he would do the show in front of. Seeing Paul, he walked over and gave him a light, by his standard, tap on the shoulder to get his attention for a bit. "Paul, when we going to start?"

(apparently it is really easy to lose a 7ft tall blue man)

Paul looked at Conner.

"Soon, I am just waiting for Nora to return."

He realized that Conner was not part of the where is Jake group.

"Jake has gone, missing so people are scrambling a bit."

He turned to the audience and gave a rousing please wait a few minutes for us to prep the show.

Freyja was just coming out f the dressing room in her show outfit when Nora called out to her. She looked over to her with a confused look, "Me? But..Jake is suppose to run it. Didnt anyone find him?" She walked over to her, her heels clicking on the floor.

Nora shook her head.

"No, the last time he was seen was at set up the other day."

She looked at the people entering tents.

"Its almost show time."

She turned and started walking towards the small tent.

Red had stopped her pacing when she sensed a slight panic in the ear as well as rushed murmurs and people talking, her wolf hearing able to pick up on a few things. Apparently Jake was missing and no one has seen him in a while. She couldn't remember the last time she had seen him either. It was definitely before they set up here.

Samantha

Samantha’s eye lightly twitched. The day had already been a bit of an emotional rollercoaster for everyone in the circus, and she wasn’t quite sure the meaning of Nanami’s sass. It had been the second time that evening.

“Apparently very easy.” She replied, a bit annoyed. “Nora is seeing to Freyja, as she will be taking over Jake’s position tonight. Now, if you’ll all excuse me, I have a tent to attend to.”

Giving a quick bow to her friends the Mermaid donned her top hat once more, and made her way into the Main Tent which was now nearly filled with people. She stopped when she reached the backstage area, noting Atl's pale complexion.

Atl

Atl had sensed death in the area not a moment earlier and was now clearly vexed. He had quite the dilemma. He had to reach his source of food quickly, before a local Reaper or other such entity could claim it as their’s.

He stood up at the sight of Samantha, and with a worried look spoke in a low voice, “Sam, I… have a favor to ask.”

The flirtatious ringleader did not look pleased.

"No need to stress yourself, we'll get this all figured out." He spoke soothingly to Nanami and the rest. The last thing they needed was people being unfocused before the performances, not to mention on opening night as well. "We always do, no? Just smile and act like nothing is wrong at the moment and we'll pull through."

Samantha & Atl

What?” Samantha snarled in a low voice completely unlike anything he had ever heard coming from her before. In the six months he had known the Mermaid, she had been nothing short of constant laughter and dramatics. She had always seemed cheerful and chummy, and never once did he ever see her smile falter.

But, admittedly, he didn’t know her very well. And now, not only was she not smiling, she was downright sneering at him. The effect was, to be honest, rather intimidating.

“Atl,” she spoke in a voice that could only be described as dangerous, “The show will begin momentarily, and you want to parade around the outskirts of the circus for a snack?”

He frowned, the black paint on his eyes and face giving him an appearance of extreme disapproval. “Sam, I haven’t eaten in days…” It was true. He remembered the days when he could feed on a soul multiple times a day, now he was lucky if he got one. He couldn’t exactly live off human food forever.

Sam’s eyes softened. Although she had never hungered herself, she knew how distraught Atl had been the last few days. The last thing she needed was his frustration causing an accident during his act, or even worse, a reveal. She rummaged through her coat for only a moment before pulling out a golden pocket-watch.

“Twenty minutes,” she spoke with a sigh, and Atl had vanished before she even looked up.

It was the middle of the night on (insert date here) when Jake heard a commotion while on his midnight round to make sure no humans snuck into their camp. He followed the noise to the Rajaram Brothers' trailer to find the mobile home rocking slightly. At first Jake passed it off as another one of their "who's fault was it" fights when he saw a shadowy figure he didn't recognize open the trailer door from the inside and two more black clad men surge froward from the shadows and through the door with what looked like chains.

Jake was about to step forward to stop then when he was caught up short by the yelp of a tiger and the sight of one pure black tiger and one black and tiger being dragged out of their home unconscious and in the chains he had seen before. There were more men than he thought with four on each cat and another four keeping watch close to the group giving them a total of 12 men. 12 men to subdue 2 cats. At first he thought they were poachers but their numbers were to big for that. Then he remembered something Dhiren, the eldest of the brothers, had said once: "my fiancee's father made a deal with my brother to marry her in my place. The next day I was dragged through the streets of their kingdom, stoned by their people and cursed to be a tiger for the rest of eternity. But Loki (fiancee's father) had ment to kill me with the blood magic he preformed and he will not rest until my brother and I are dead"

What if this was Loki's doing? Jake had intended to find out but before he could move he felt a sharp pain in his back. He reached back to pull what had hit him from his skin and saw it was a bullet from a dart gun. But one bullet wouldn't put him down, he was a ten foot tall blue catman complete with his own tail. Unfortunately the man behind the gun realized that two and emptied his gun on him. Jake was hit four more times before he couldn't move at all, five times when he passed out.

"Has anyone even bothered to check their trailers?" He asked, looking at them. "He might just be sleeping. Where are the tiger brothers anyway?" He asked, noticing that the two tiger shape shifters were missing.

Freyja ran her hand through her black hair and sighed, "I guess it wont be to hard..not many of us are in side show so.." She blew out a long sigh and started tending to things that normally Jake would be taking care of, waiting for her time to go out on the stage.

(Sorry, no alerts. What did I miss?) Conner was still inspecting his equipment. He really didn't have to, but the crowd seemed to be interested.

Nora stopped walking to the small tent when she noticed the Rajaram brothers were not there. She walked to their trailer and knocked on the door.

"You guys its almost show time"

As she knocked on the door it opened. The place was a mess but ,what made her worried was the sign of something large being drug away by several people on the ground. Her eyes widened in horror.

"PAUL!!!!"

She started running to the small tent yelling for Paul. She ran into the small tent and grabbed Paul's arm.

"Paul! They have been taken! The Rajaram brothers, someone took them by force! there are tracks, several people drug something large away from their trailer."

She was hoping for some reassuring words from Paul.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Paul heard something in the distance, he thought it must have been a gust yelling for their kid when Nora ran into the tent. Before he could say anything she grabbed his arm and told him some rather alarming news

"What? My dear are you sure."

He looked at her as she nodded her head.

"Well, this is quite serious."

he stood by the side of the wring out of earshot of the guests. He knew what this meant, either someone had a score to settle or, they were exposed.

(we found out where Jake went and Freyja is running the side show.)

"Come on everybody! Allons-y!" Ignis piped up in as peppy of voice as he could manage. "We can't leave the audience disappointed on opening night now can we? It wouldn't be right of such spectacular performers to squander their talents in such a way." He removed his mask to smile at them. Black liner around his eyes making him look almost like a grinning skeleton. It was not that he did not care that one of them was missing. Oh no, that worrisome fact actually had his stomach churning like none other. He just did not want his fellow performers stressing out like this. It wasn't good for anyone and do more harm than good. "We'll find them and everything will be fine. I promise."

(Darn it, I forgot again. Tag me if I'm involved with anything.)

Buras lay slumbering in hiscage. He was much like a bear this way, to not be woken unless you are prepared to suffer the consequences. He was having a wonderful dream, so good that his hands were twitching slightly.

Beowulf said:
(Darn it, I forgot again. Tag me if I'm involved with anything.)
Buras lay slumbering in hiscage. He was much like a bear this way, to not be woken unless you are prepared to suffer the consequences. He was having a wonderful dream, so good that his hands were twitching slightly.
wrong thread!

Once again, Fiona was laying down in her bed, unsure of whether or not giving Nora her power back was a good idea. "Paul's gonna kill me or make me leave." That thought made her want to cry.

(Wasn't getting notifications)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back