• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Cirque de Monstres (1941) second edition

Cenzio was quiet for a moment, as if contemplating whether or not he was actually telling the truth. But by the look on the skeleton's face, you could tell he knew Lucas was lying.

"Alright, Lucullus. As you say so." He sighed and let go of his doll. His mischievous smile had dropped, and was replaced with a bored frown. Emmaline looked towards the floor of the trailer, silently thanking Lucas for the lie. It was quiet, something rare that did not occur when the two skeletons were around. Until, Cenzio caught sight of Nora, Marius, and Kora running off to the bar together. He smiled wickedly and helped Emmaline to her feet.

"Well my darlings, the bar awaits."

"But unfortunately-"

"We won't be coming with you." Cenzio finished Palomar's sentence for him. Emmaline frowned and raised an eyebrow, but was unable to protest as the two skeletons pushed her and Lucas out of the trailer forcefully.

"Don't ask questions, my dear. Besides, what's the point of drinking if it goes right through you?" Cenzio exclaimed, placing a hand on his bony hip. Palomar chuckled and nodded at Lucas, flashing him a look saying 'don't get into too much trouble'.

"Have fun you two! Oh, and Emmaline? It's okay if you don't come back to the trailer tonight. We'll understand!" Cenzio called out to the doll as her and Lucas began walking away. She jolted slightly in embarrassment, and turned around to wave goodbye at the two skeletons. When they had retreated back into the trailer, Emmaline let out a soft sigh.

"I'm sorry about them..." She murmured to Lucas, looking up at him and smiling gently.

@Sungwonc01

Last edited by a moderator:
Sayuri didn't really know much about alcohol, so she just took a bottle of absinthe like Nora. The woman started to chug her drink, finishing it off and spinning the empty bottle around in her hand for a moment before setting it down. "Didn't know this stuff was so good." Sayuri said, getting another two bottles. This time, she decided to drink the two slower. Picking one up, she started to drink a little slower than everybody else was. "So, how was my performance? Probably not as good as yours Nora, but was it good?" Sayuri asked calmly, actually in the middle of thinking of a new act to perform as her older self.

@Icefox11

"Try tellin' that to my "friend" from back then. He'd throw 'em even more while in a library. Oh well, not much I can say about it unless I wanna quit the case... Not like I had to join in anyways, just... Made it easier to actually investigate this place. Still, it's a wonder that the police actually came to me instead of me going to them for this one. Guess I must be a really well-recognized private investigator... That, or they just thought they'd take me because I'm cheap due to lack of funding..." Kiyoko did have some funding though, but it wasn't something anybody knew of. Not like it would matter if people knew though, robbers and thieves aside.

@Axel1313 @Lady Luna Ravenswood

Lucas laughed in relief as that entire ordeal came to a close. He quite liked Cenzio and Palomar but thought their whole persona (and wardrobe) was very 1920's.

"Oh don't be sorry Emmaline. Its not your fault they're so eccentric. Its not even their own fault, the poor chaps."

He looked in surprise as he saw Marius, Kiora and Nora headed together towards the bar. He never thought those three were particularly friendly with each other.

"It appears that we will not be along in our revelries. No matter. The more the merrier is true
anywhere.

I must warn you however my dear madamoiselle."

He stood outside the entrance of the bar, ready to go inside. The smell of cheap liquor permeated the air.

"The last time this many non-humans patroned a bar, most ended up knocked out on the floor. One ended knocked up. Just a word of warning."

@Icefox11 @Kiyoko Tomoe ?)

"Oh...pfft. Don't..." He swallowed heavily to force the burning liquid down his throat.....and keep it from coming back up as well. For him vodkea was not the best of choices and would most likely end in disaster and a headache. "Don't worry about us! We're perfectly capable of knowing when we've had enough. Right, prietenii mei?(my friends)" He shot a big, cheesy grin in Lucas' direction and raised his glass happily.

@Icefox11 @Lady Luna Ravenswood @Kiyoko Tomoe

Emmaline's eyes widened at Lucas' words of warning. She turned her blue sapphire eyes in the direction of his, staring curiously.

"Knocked... up?" The porcelain doll asked softly. She had never heard that term before. As the two began nearing the bar, and soon stepping inside, Emmaline took a long glance around. This seemed to be the place where most humans spent their time, and she noticed most of them were men. She blinked rapidly, meeting a man's gaze who flashed her a devious smirk and a quick wink. He sipped a shot glass at the bar, surrounded by what looked like his friends. Emmaline immediately glanced away with a red face. Marius, Nora, and Kora were already here, enjoying themselves near the bar.

The doll smiled gently at Lucas, motioning towards the bar.

"Shall we get a drink?" She asked, slightly raising her voice so that Lucas could hear her. The bar was quite noisy.

@Sungwonc01

Lucas let out a huge, equally as cheesy smile as he couldn't help but return Marius' banter.

"Indeed, Marius knows exactly when to stop drinking. Whether he gives enough of a shite to stop is another matter entirely."

Lucas turned toward Emmaline, who had raised her voice to be heard over the raves and rants by sad and angry men. Instantly he let out a huge grin.

"Madame Emmaline, those five words are the straightest way to my heart. Apart from a knife driven into my chest of course. Barkeep, give me the strongest concoction you can dream of."

On the way to the barstool, Lucas accidentally nudged Kiora. Hard. If she wasn't clutching the bottle as tightly as she was, it would have fell onto the floor.

"Excuse me." Lucas said nonchalantly and not at all sorry.

@Icefox11

"I don't know when to stop." Sayuri said casually, a little cheerful as she spoke. She drank some more of her absinthe, taking a break to finish the subject of her not knowing when to stop. "After all, just my first time drinkin'." She said. She wouldn't exactly care too much about whether or not she would be recognized by anybody but Nora and Marius, though so far nobody else has due to the complete change of apparent age. She finished drinking the second bottle of the day, sliding the third across the counter with her hands, back and forth as she tried to decide on whether or not she should drink it.

@Icefox11 @The Velveteen Rabbit @Sungwonc01

Kora was drinking from her glass when Lucas bumped into her. She grunted and looked behind her, her eyes briefly going into slits, before going back. "Oh, heeeeyyyy Lucas." She said, laughing a bit as she looked at him. This substance was really strange, it was making her feel... giddy. She hiccupped a bit and kept drinking, leaning an arm onto Marious' shoulder. "You having fun?" She asked the both of them.

@Kiyoko Tomoe @Axel1313 @Lady Luna Ravenswood @Sungwonc01

Emmaline smiled slightly and followed after Lucas towards the bar. She listened to him order, before taking a seat at the bar next to him. The bartender swiveled around and began pouring Lucas' drink, which the doll watched in curiosity. He slid the drink towards Lucas, and then flashed her a warm smile.

"And you, miss?" He asked while swiping a wet cloth inside a dirty mug. Emmaline blinked a bit, not realizing he was talking to her until a moment later. She jolted with embarrassment visibly.

"Uh... one shot of Fireball please." She exclaimed, a little nervously. The bartender chuckled with amusement before turning around to ready her drink. Emmaline glanced over to Lucas, smiling sheepishly.

"Cenzio and Palomar are bad influences."

The drink was slid to her, which she gently grasped in between her fingertips. Dipping her head back, Emmaline placed her lips on the edge of the shot glass and swallowed. The burning sensation of Tabasco and Bacardi ran down her throat, causing the doll to scrunch her nose slightly and make a face. She placed the shot glass back onto the counter. She took a moment to regain herself as the alcohol ran through her. With a soft smile on her face, Emmaline turned towards Kora.

"Oh yes. And you?" The doll asked politely, feeling the effects of the shot after only a few minutes. Her glass head throbbed, and she felt a woozy sensation coming on. But she acted calm and collected on the outside.

@Icefox11

Lucas nodded quietly to the bartender as he slipped him a considerable amount of cash. He heard that when all else failed, this one drink would make anyone loose off their knockers.

Lucas smiled as Emmaline seemed to change before his eyes. The subtle changes, the loosening of her posture, the beginnings of a smile on her lips made Lucas strangely happy. Perhaps they could for just one night be normal.

"Fuck it." Lucas mumbled to himself. "What do I have to lose?"

He tipped the glass bottom up.

For a few seconds nothing appeared to happen. Lucas grew disappointed.

He turned to Emmaline to say something when felt something stirring inside of him.

He wasn't sure if he was scared or delighted.

"Emmaline, Have I ever told you how much I liked your hair? And your nails? And your eyeliner? You MUST tell me who does them!"

"And Kiora your outfit looked totally fab, You absolutely HAVE to tell me who designed it! I wish I could look that good in a loincloth..."

@Icefox11

Kiora smiled as she turned to the doll, smiling. "Hmm, great!!" She half shouted, her canines protruding a bit, though nothing would be uncommon in a bar like this. She smiled, her cheeks a bit pink as she took a long swig of her bottle, letting the liquid drain as she turned to the now very seemingly happy Lucas, clinking her bottle with his glass. "Aww, thanks. I wish I could look like the son of Satan, but that's not happening until I figure out what eyeliner is." She said, laughing heartily.

@Sungwonc01 @The Velveteen Rabbit

He laughed mischievously at that remark . "You've certainly got that right." He downed his glass quickly before motioning to the bar tender for another. His face was already taking on a slight honey glow after just one drink....this was going to be quite the night. "I plan on living it up tonight! Even if it kills me." A drunken giggle escaped, making his face light up even more.

@Icefox11 @Lady Luna Ravenswood

Nora laughed when Marius ordered a vodka.

"Getting adventurous are we."

She raised an eyebrow at him as he drank some more, slipping a little absinthe into his glass. She looked at Sayuri who was chugging the stuff.

"I guess your endless appetite means you can just chug the stuffff."

She was feeling the affects of the green liquor. She chugged some of her drink shifting slightly in her barstool.

"This is too uncomfortable...."

She sat on Marius's lap and looked at Kora.

"You feeling okay...Kooora"

She smiled at the beast tamer and drank some more. She wasn't leaving until she couldn't remember things.

"Have I...have I ever told you how sexy you look in your show outfit?? Cause...you do!"

She hiccupped slightly as Kora spoke to Lucas. She roared with laughter when Kora called him the son of Satan.

"The poor bastard still wished that was true!!!! He is banished, not allowed back to the inferno. Unlike me! Daughter of a demon queen! He should be worshiping the ground I walk on."

She was obviously drunk out her own better judgment. She rarely gave Lucas issues about his predicament. She chugged some more of the green liquor.

"I love...you all...soooooo much."

She reached out, while still sitting on Marius, to Kora and grabbed her waist.

"Seriously though how......how did you get so sexy???"

She looked back at Marius.

"Not...the same...sexy as you...."

She planted a kiss on Marius's lips while still holding on to Kora's waist. Tonight she was planning on drinking till she passes out.

@Icefox11

Kiora smiled at Marious, bumping his arm lightly. "Now that's the spirit!" She said, her cheeks aglow. She certainly liked this substance, and she was a bit upset that there was only half left. She was about to retort something else when Nora spoke up, and she smiled, her cheeks glowing as Nora looked her up and down, and she felt her cheeks glow a bit before she slid her hand a bit farther up her arm. "Hmm, you are one to talk Nora. You have a lot going on with you too." She said, giggling slightly before taking another drink.

@Lady Luna Ravenswood @Axel1313 @Sungwonc01 @The Velveteen Rabbit

Emmaline blinked rapidly in confusion at Lucas' sudden change in personality. Her eyes glanced towards the drink, which was already completely emptied. Her blue eyes flicked back up to his facial expression, which was filled with absolutele happiness. She found herself with a smile on her face, and suddenly forgot about how he had changed in such a short amount of time. While he was busy talking to Kora, Emmaline saw someone slip into the seat next to her out of the corner of her eye.

"Care if I buy you a drink?" A calm, and slightly confident voice asked beside her. The porcelain doll looked over to see the man from earlier. He flashed her a smile that any woman would fall for. She nodded quietly and smiled a small smile.

"Yes, thank you." She said, watching him call for the bartender.

"Two shots of Jager Bomb, please." He told him. He turned back to Emmaline and leaned towards her a bit, grinning deviously.

"So, what's a girl like you doing at a place like this?" He asked in a somewhat playful voice. The porcelain bit her lip and smiled, staring at her lap for a moment. His eyes followed her every movement.

"Just out with some friends." She responded, meeting his gaze once more. He nodded in understanding, not even noticing the drinks had arrived in front of them. He didn't even take the time to steal a glance at her friends sitting right next to her.

"Well, it seems to me their... pretty busy with their conversations. I hope you don't mind if I have you to myself for awhile." He purred. The doll laughed shaking her head. The alcohol was finally getting to her head.

"I don't mind." Emmaline answered simply, suddenly grabbing her shot glass and swallowing it before he could say another word. He smirked mischievously at how... she had downed it so fast. He drank his drink right after her. Emmaline could tell this was going to be a strange night.

@Icefox11

Lucas finished the last of his drink and hiccuped loudly. He placed his hand on his heart to Kora's response.

"Oh stop it you! You're really too much..."

He laughed heartily and gaily.
Gaily.

"Well, you can continue praising me if you
waaaant."

Lucas rolled his eyes when he heard Nora speak. His banishment was a bit of a sore spot.

"Fat load of good being the daughter of a demon queen does when your cow of a mother..."

Lucas' expression suddenly hardened as he saw an unknown person talking with Emmaline. His blood ran a little cold as he resisted the temptation to come over and show off his particular talents. Lucas decided to observe and pretend he didn't notice the strange man.

"...Doesn't get off her lazy bum for anything."

@Icefox11
@The Velveteen Rabbit @Lady Luna Ravenswood

Woooo....this drink was a lot stronger than he remembered it ever being. He almost didn't know what hit him when Nora kissed him, but happily returned it anyway. Tipping back in his chair farther as his balance began to go. "I'm sure Kora is pretty.....but Nobody is as sexy as you Nora dear." He chuckled.

@Icefox11

Sisceal sat back a few tables, watching the entire scene. These circus freaks sure knew how to indulge themselves and let loose.... They hadn't been at the bar all that long and they were already getting drunk out of their minds. He wasn't getting much though. Only scribbling down a few notes here and there of who was who and also who they seemed to be in a relationship with as he sipped on his whiskey. He was going to try and take it slow tonight. Didn't need the other agents angry at him for yet another thing.

After about five minutes or so, Emmaline and the man, who was named Daniel, were laughing at almost every word they said. Emmaline had to stop talking for a moment to regain her composure. Her mind was in shambles, her vision beginning to blur... This wasn't good. He had ordered another drink for himself and her, passing a wad of rolled up cash to the bartender.

"You alright?" He chuckled, placing a hand on her back to make sure she wouldn't lose her balance. She noticed he hadn't been drinking most of his shots, and she wondered why. After about a few long moments, Emmaline regained herself a bit. Her vision and glass mind cleared. She turned back to him, nodding quickly.

"I'm okay." She responded with a smile. Daniel smirked and nodded, continuing to hold his hand on her back. He leaned towards her, and for a moment, the doll thought he was about to press his lips against hers. But instead, he hovered his face near her ear.

"Hey... you wanna get out of here?" He asked her, a seductive tone in his voice. His hand slowly slid up her thigh as he said this. Emmaline finally came back to her senses, and a light blush appeared on her face. Both from the alcohol, and the embarrassment. The porcelain doll swallowed hard, feeling his hot breath on her neck.

"I..." She barely could pronounce a word. He smiled, tightening his grip on her thigh. She couldn't tell if it was because he was trying to seduce her, or the alcohol was stronger than she had thought it was.

@Icefox11 @Axel1313 @Lady Luna Ravenswood

Lucas wanted nothing more than to take the man by the neck and smash him through the table, all the way through the Earth and personally lock him in Hell.. His heart pounded with an old rage he hadn't felt in many a year.

"No... Calm down...Not here not now."

Lucas couldn't do it here, not with so many witnesses around. He couldn't risk imprisonment or even being found out as a demon. Yet he couldn't ignore the obvious distress on Emmaline's face.

Lucas quietly got up and forced a blank expression on his face. Underneath his mask of apathy was a roiling sea of fire ready to erupt. Somehow he managed a somewhat courteous tone.

"Is that you monsieur? The man from before? What a wonderful coincidence!
I trust that your head wound is doing considerably better?"

@The Velveteen Rabbit

Daniel immediately raised an eyebrow and pulled away from Emmaline. She let out a silent exhale through her nose as soon as his touch was gone.

"Man... from before?" Daniel repeated in utter confusion. He exchanged a quick glance with the porcelain doll, silently judging Lucas' sanity. He turned back to him and placed an elbow on the counter. He was still awfully close to Emmaline.

"I think you've got me confused with someone else." He commented with a slight chuckle. The doll forced a small smile and glanced over to Lucas. His mood seemed to have changed significantly, and she wondered what the cause of it was. Daniel downed another shot and let out a sigh after tasting the delicious drink.

"But... I'm guessing your one of Emmaline's friends. I'm Daniel. Nice to meet you." Daniel flashed Lucas a grin and offered his hand for him to shake.

@Sungwonc01

Sayuri popped the second bottle open, sipping a bit of it and standing up. She walked over to Sisceal, giving him a light smile before sipping a bit more absinthe. "Hello~" Sayuri said, grinning mischievously at him with one of her new fangs showing. She placed one knee on tom of him and leaned in, using her left hand to support herself against the sitting man. Licking her lips secretly, she spoke. "Would you be interested in a little... fun...?" The drunk older Sayuri asked, leaning in further and resting her chin on the same arm she held the side of the shoulder on. Sayuri becoming older and drinking some heavy alcohol, all in the same short span of time, made for her to be very different than her younger self would be. She was still smiling mischievously as she brought the other hand over his left shoulder and around to her mouth, taking another sip from her bottle.

@Axel1313

Nora looked at Lucas who had insulted her mother. She shrugged, Succubi never got along with eachother.

"Please...I hated my...mother, insult her alllll you want."

She wasn't going to stsify his need to fight. She looked at Kora.

"No, see, I put...all my goods on disply...

"Besides your lady is being....hit onnnn"

If the man that was hitting on Emmaline made her uncofertable in any way Nora would seduce the man. Then she would kill him by making him jump off a bridge for her. She glared at the man, who was very close to the doll. Even though Lucas intervened he was being nice. She let the man have some of her weird protective ways.

"Hey. leave her alone perv!"

She let go of Kora and pointed at the man.

"Or I will ..show you ....rough and forced relations."

She looked at the man before grabbing Kora again.

"Where was...I right."

She pulled Kora closer to her, the beast tamers face close to her own.

"I am nothing...this is how I always look...you on the other hand are simply radiant."

She set her bottle on the counter and rubbed his chest. She glanced back at him.

"You are right....your more....handsome"

The bartender yelled at her.

"Get a room! I don't need this-"

He shut up when she place a wad of cash on the counter. She moved that hand back to Marius's chest and continued rubbing it.

@Icefox11

Kiora glanced wryly over at Nora's hand that was massaging Marius, and dismissed it, turning back to Nora herself. Kora slid an arm around the girls waist, pulling her close as a low rumble sounded in her chest. She wasn't really sure of what she was doing, as the alcohol was starting to take effect on her. "Hmm, maybe that's because you are always stunning." She purred softly, paying no attention to the man behind her.

@Axel1313 @Lady Luna Ravenswood

"No no....I'm the one who's nothing....you and....her...are far better looking." He slurred. "I'm just....*hic*...I'm just handsome...you're the ones who are drop dead gorgeous." His eyes were far more out of focus and staring into space as usual as Nora rubbed his chest and his face was starting to look like someone had slapped him hard on both cheeks. This poor man. He got drunk so incredibly easily.

@Icefox11

"Wha?" Sisceal looked up in utter confusion as she approached him. His face beaming red as soon as she got so close. "Jus' what are you talking about miss? What kind of.....fun." He asked her, fighting against slurring his words. He hadn't drank THAT much yet...or had he? The empty bottles on the table told quite a different story. One that screamed; 'I should have said no to going to the bar.'

@Kiyoko Tomoe

"Welllll.... What kinda fun do you wanna have...?" Sayuri said, poking her beautiful new pair of fangs at Sisceal's neck ever so slightly. She brought her bottle out in front of him, bringing it to his mouth and making him drink some of it, regardless of whether or not he wanted the drink. "Hee... indirect kiss. Now you owe me the real thing." Sayuri said, definitely a bit drunk. She brought her head back, forcing something to his lips again. This time, it was her own lips, and her forcing him into a kiss.

@Axel1313

Users who are viewing this thread

Back