• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Cirque de Monstres (1941) second edition

Lucas was working diligently in the preshow tent when he heard that performances had ended. He grinned as he was reattaching Edith's upper arm to the rest of her body. Indeed, Lucas had learned much about medical sewing through tending to Edith's wounds.

"The aftershow party, yes that will be a wonderful opportunity."

Edith raised her eyebrow, but not too hard lest it fall off.

"A wonderful opportunity to court that porcelain girl you mean."

"Edith, it isn't like that. She is a wonderful listener and seems to have no quams about fraternizing with a spawn of Satan. She also isn't hard on the eyes..."

"You swear it 'isn't like that'?" Edith shook her head in disbelief. "That dance before seemed to point to the contrary. Mere friends do not view each other with that much...interest."

Lucas abruptly stopped sewing Edith's limbs back together, leaving her left arm unattached still. His expression was absolutely serious. But a hint of doubt rested within his folded expression.

"I don't have to take this from you. Good luck finding someone else to patch you up."

He spoke with some uncertainty.

He then stormed out to find Emmaline, hiding his turmoil behind a confident exterior once again.

@The Velveteen Rabbit

Edith sighed as her dismembered arm lay before her. Sometimes Lucas' temper got the better of him and today was no exception. He was only angry because it was true, she was sure of it.

She carefully hid her arm in her cloak as she tried to find someone to reattach it for her. She smiled at the humans around her as she struggled to find someone she could trust, someone from the cirque.

She rested against a tree as she vainfully tried to find someone against the ever enlargening crowd.

"HA! Do you hear yourself, Palomar? You don't even know Nora that well."

"I know her well enough to know she has a... Hmm. What do you call it?

"A seduction charm?" Emmaline spoke up quietly from her bedside. Her glass hand grasped a hairbrush delicately, smoothing out the doll's long white hair. Cenzio sat on one of the couches in Emmaline's trailer, his legs crossed and a hand under his chin. Palomar was sitting next to him, a pipe between his teeth and legs propped up onto a wooden table.

"Yes, well.. she is a succubus. Any bets on who she'll seduce tonight, Palomar?" The skeleton asked in a slithering voice. He turned his nonexistent eyes towards Palomar. The skeleton seemed to be in deep thought, letting out a puff of white smoke through his nostrils.

"I'm going with Marius. If I'm right, you owe me next show. First two human souls are mine." Palomar snickered, flashing Cenzio a toothy smile. Cenzio let out a hmph and and looked almost angry.

"Fine, fine. A deal is a deal." The two chuckled quietly before turning their attention to Emmaline, who was sitting quietly on her bed. Noticing the abnormal silence, the doll turned towards her two undead thralls and blinked. Cenzio and Palomar smirked wickedly.

"So... about Lucas." Palomar began, taking a puff from his pipe.

"Yes, yes... Lucullus. I'm sure the prince of Hell has a few nasty tricks up his sleeves. I wonder what he's like in bed..." Cenzio placed a hand under his chin and looked to the side, pretending to ponder the thought of it. Emmaline immediately glanced away and blushed a beet red. She started brushing her hair faster.

"C-Cenzio that's n-not happening." She stuttered in a small voice. Cenzio frowned and tilted his head to the side, almost seeming to be pouting.

"Oh, but why not?" He asked in a mischievous voice. The porcelain doll let out a sigh and set the hairbrush down. Her sapphire gaze stared forward and at the floor. But before she had time to say anything, Cenzio spoke up.

"Well! Speak of the devil! Look who's here." He exclaimed while looking out the window of the trailer. The skeleton watched as Lucas began walking towards their trailer. Palomar chuckled wildly at his words, the two soon becoming boisterous and loud as usual.

@Sungwonc01

Last edited by a moderator:
Rin sighed as her and Alex got off the stage, exchanging nods before they parted ways.

Alex didn't have much to do that evening, and she had her bet that Marius and Nora where going to come back that night totally drunk, and have some, "alone time", which proved difficult for her to swallow sometimes. Shuttering, Alex headed back to her trailer, a ting of loneliness in the air as she shuffled back that way, anxious to get this stupid costume off her.

Rin on the other hand was going to go find the mute guy and play with him, but he was nowhere to be found. Shrugging, she brushed it off and walked towards her trailer, opening the door. The lights turned on for her, and the little robot walked inside and put her arm up to the wall, a tube coming out and attaching to her, a few others following as they pumped vital fluids and information into her system.

Kora was mighty displeased with her performance. She had not had her heart in the game, only thinking of how Nora's sole comfort was that dang blind man. What did she even see in him! A chance at true love? Or a person that she could have an excuse feeling up. With a snuff, Kora walked past Nora, obviously angry and giving her a silent treatment. She lashed her tail at the back of her leg as she walked, keeping her eyes forwards and her brain focused.

Kiyoko Tomoe

"Nothing happened, huh? You're lucky laws restrict what I can and can't do to people, or you'd have a hole blown between your legs, free of charge too." She said, spinning the pistol in her hand. The safety was on, plus it was empty of bullets at the moment. If a person didn't know better, it would seem like some sort of toy. It really was a shame, but it was all Kiyoko could afford to have on her today due to her low budget. "Sammy, do I have your permission to give 'em a hard knock on the head?" Kiyoko asked, her voice filled with both excitement and anger. It was almost like her anger was just at the fact she was restricted by laws, not at Sisceal. The excitement would be her finally having some reason to get out all of her built-up energy and stress. One of the rare times she'd ever be excited in such an upbeat, yet mellow and calm kind of way.

@Axel1313 @Lady Luna Ravenswood

Sayuri

Sayuri waved shyly as all of the people were now clearing out, specifically at a nice little group of teenagers who had absolutely fallen in love with her. It was a group of three girls and two boys, both of the two boys being unusually understanding of feminine tastes and such compared to most guys. Sayuri started walking back towards the mirror maze, though that's when she stumbled upon the perfect idea. I hope they don't mind it. Sayuri said to herself excitedly, nobody really there to hear her. She made her way down to the trailers instead of to the mirror maze, passing by Paul's trailer on the way to a small trailer in the far back that was meant to be hers, but was completely empty due to her always being in the mirror maze, as well as having no real belongings. She went inside and locked the door, not really bothering to turn on the lights.

((Not sure what to do with Kaname, so Kaname's just going to be sitting or standing around somewhere with nothing to do.Feel free to interact with her.))

Lucas rolled his eyes as he knocked on Emmaline's door. He overheard Cenzio and Palomar's loud banter.

"Ahh yes. Speak of the devil. Like I haven't heard THAT one before."

He remarked sarcastically.

@Icefox11[/color]

Nora nodded when Marius asked if she was ready to go to the bar.

"Of course, I feel like seeing what the green fairy has in store for me."

She was referring to her favorite drink, absinthe. It had a very high alcohol content and she was known for drinking the whole bottle. Normal humans would die if they tried that. She felt a something hit her leg, she looked back to see Kora.

"Hey Kora, me and Marius are going to a bar. Want to come?"

She always offered a trip to the bar to other performers, some took up the offer others did not. She noticed Kora seemed angry. So she removed herself from Marius and hugged Kora.

"You should defiantly come, you look like you could use a drink."

@Icefox11

Sammy couldn't believe that he was kicked out of Nora's trailer by Nora herself.

"You 'accidently' picked them up and they were 'slipped' into your pocket. I am not buying it."

She was mad at him, Nora was the woman that made all the men obey and admire her.

"How do I know you weren't looking for a souvenir? I know she makes all the guys go crazy but, I thought you would have better judgment than that."

She looked at Kiyoko, who was looking to hit Sisceal.

"Not yet, we still need him. The fact that he got close to Nora means she trusts him. Sisceal, follow Nora, get close to her and try to get info from her. Rumor has it, she goes drinking after shows."

She used any situation she could to her advantage.

"Kiyoko, you and me are going to the library. We need to find any information about the cirque."

@Kiyoko Tomoe @Axel1313

Ignoring the loud laughter from her two skeleton friends, Emmaline rose from her seat on the bed and stepped towards the door. The doll felt an emotion flicker in her chest, but she couldn't pinpoint what the cause of it was. She opened the trailer door gently, and smiled at Lucas in front of her.

"Hi Lucas. Please, come in." The porcelain doll murmured softly, stepping aside for him to walk through. Cenzio and Palomar waited patiently, wicked grins on their faces. Cenzio tapped his pointy fingers against the couch impatiently.

"Oh Lucullus! Is that you?" He called sweetly. The two began snickering quietly.

"Couldn't stand being apart from us?" Palomar exclaimed, followed by a fit of boisterous laughter. He began coughing violently after inhaling a large amount of smoke.

"More like Emmaline. He could barely stand an hour or two, huh?" Cenzio whispered to him. The two tried to contain their laughter, but failed horribly. Emmaline's face became a bright red.

@Sungwonc01

"You always make me feel like a lightweight you know?" He laughed. "One little tiny visit from that 'green fairy' and I'll be a stammering idiot." He was irritated by Kora's presence, but kept a smile plastered on his face anyway. The more the merrier when it came to drinking. And who knows? Maybe they'd lose Kora on the way back and end up with a night alone. No no....he shouldn't think like that. He dismissed the thought from his mind. That was nothing but jealousy rearing it's ugly head.

@Icefox11

He shot Kiyoko a terrified look and backed away from her more. The last thing he needed was castration by gunfire....or a knot on the head.

"You know darn well that I am not like that!" He glared at Sammy, his face becoming to redder and redder as he became defensive. "I was not trying to collect anything whatsoever. She slipped them in my pocket when she got so close!" He turned his head away in denial of falling for her charms. That wasn't him! That was Nora getting to him.

"Ooh come on Sammy! Do I really have ta follow them out drinking?" He protested. "I doubt that she trusts me at all. I think she's more after other....things."

@Lady Luna Ravenswood @Kiyoko Tomoe

"Thank you my lady Emmaline. It was starting to get a little chilly outside. Especially compared to the depths of...whoa."

Lucas noticed the immaculate state of Emmaline's trailer. It was almost perfect, the very image of what a room should be. He took a moment just to take it all in.

"This is...beautiful. Although I guess I shouldn't be too surprised. It
is your home."

He inhaled softly. There was sweet scent in the air, although he couldn't quite pinpoint it. It distracted him for moment before he remembered what he came here to do.

"My dear Emmaline. Your act on stage was completely jawdropping. Literally, Edith's jaw fell off, although that may be partially my fault. I dare say it was on the level of one of my own performances."

He leaned in to make sure Cenzio and Palomar didn't hear the last part.

"In fact, I would be very pleased if you would come to the aftershow party to...practice our dancing together. I promise to try not to be too much of an embarrassment."

@The Velveteen Rabbit

Sayuri

"Perfect, just perfect." Sayuri said, combing through her hair with her hand. It was still as soft and perfect as before, even being almost as long as before in terms of proportion. She stepped out of the trailer, having gotten a good look at herself while she was inside. "So this is what it feels like to be tall... I could get used to this." She said to herself. She grinned slightly, which caused a fang to stick out slightly from her mouth. Her inspiration for the whole new look was bats and vampires, compliments to Marius being a recent thought of hers, and him being a vampire something she learned from Nora one day when she asked about all the people working at the Cirque. She definitely loved having made herself older though.

Sayuri made her way towards Nora and Marius, an air of pride, beauty, and grace all around her as she took each step. This is actually how she looks at around age 1700, and Sayuri absolutely loved the look. She passed by Paul's trailer again, also passing by a few other members here and there until she finally reached Nora and Marius. She gave a warm smile to Nora and Marius, and one could just imagine red roses behind her, alongside a few drops of blood because of the fang, but oddly enough those drops of blood would look beautiful, not out of place or bring thought to harm and such. "Oh, are you going to the bar? Can I come along with you?" Sayuri asked, both realizing and not realizing they won't recognize her at all.

Kiyoko

Kiyoko sighed like she was relieved about something, but clearly wasn't a good sign from her. Usually meant she hated something to the point she just gives up on everything. "Books... I hate them... They're the cause of the phrase 'throwing the book', and thus the cause of why people take that phrase so literally... I should know because an idiot "friend" of mine would always throw books at me as a "welcome", then top it off by smacking me on the back with a ruler..." Kiyoko said, annoyance ever so present in her voice as she said such. "Whatever..." She said though, and with a sight just like moments before. "Just as long as I don't have a book thrown at me, I'm fine."

Kiora turned as Nora hugged her, talking about a night on the town. She stood there for a few minutes, her ears flattened against her head. But after a few seconds, she snuffed and gave in. "Fine, but I hope you don't plan on leaving me behind, because even when drunk, I have a keen sense of smell." She said, flashing a warning glare at Marius before hugging Nora back.

Alex turned as she heard some footsteps behind her and she turned, about to greet Edith when she noticed her arms. She looked down at them before looking back up and her and smiling. "Of course I will help you. I mean, everyone else seems to be going drinking, or otherwise occupied. I also would do anything for one of my dear friends so of course!" She said.

@Sungwonc01

Emmaline found herself with a smile on her face as he entered the trailer. He was quiet for a moment, and had a look of awe on his face. The doll glanced around the room as well. She had to admit, it was a bit much. But Lucas seemed to enjoy it, so the doll remained quiet. Emmaline turned towards him as he leaned closer to her, his voice dropping to a low whisper. She smiled and looked down to the floor to hide her blushing expression. Emmaline nodded and glanced back up to him.

"I'd love to. And I'm sure you won't be an embarrassment." She blinked rapidly and tilted her head to the side slightly. A few strands of long white hair fell in front of her eyes.

"But... what about Edith? Don't you want to be with her too?" Emmaline asked in a soft voice. Palomar and Cenzio continued to be occupied with themselves. They had grown bored of Lucas' arrival, and began talking among themselves once again.

@Sungwonc01

Lucas looked a little pointedly at a point of in the distance.

"Me and Edith had a disagreement about a certain someone. She does right by me on most occasions but she can be rather assuming."

He huffed a little impatiently as he remembered his argument with Edith.

"I think that it would be wise to avoid her for an evening. We did not exactly part on good terms..."

Lucas put on a smile to hide his upsetness.

"But enough talk about that. We'll dance, we'll drink and we'll pretend to be normal for once."

@Icefox11

Alex sighed as Edith spoke such harsh words. She placed her hands on her shoulders, sighing ad looking at her. "Not all people are bad Edith. I suggest taking a day, staying with me." She said softly, before holding onto her one good arm. "Now, lets go inside my trailer, though it will be a little messy."

@Sungwonc01

Edith exhaled loudly as she blew off some steam. Alex was right, not everyone was bad. But at times it sure seemed like it. Still, that didn't excuse the way Lucas treated her. She was his (pseudo) mother and should be treated as such.

However Edith was pleasantly surprised someone was willing to listen to her problems.

"I supposs there is sense in your words. And a stay with you sounds delightful. I am quite done with 665 year old youths thinking they own the Earth just because their daddy was once the alpha wolf. Quite done."

Her expression lightened suddenly as she neared Alex's trailer.

"You wouldn't happen to have tea and biscuits would you? I absolutely
adore a good biscuit. By far humanities greatest invention."

@Icefox11

"But enough talk about that. We'll dance, we'll drink and we'll pretend to be normal for once."

Emmaline smiled at his words, and nodded while staring towards the ground. Before they could even continue their conversation, Cenzio swooped in between them and wrapped a bony arm around Lucas' shoulder.

"Lucullus! How very nice to see you again! Come, come! Sit down, relax!" The skeletal being exclaimed with a loud, amused cackle. He pulled him away from the doll, who stared after them. She giggled slightly at Cenzio's usual playful behavior, and followed them further into the trailer. Cenzio motioned towards a free spot next to Palomar, who continued to smoke his pipe. The skeleton smirked at him and nodded his head in greeting, smoke drifiting out from his nostrils.

"What brings you here today, Lucas?" Palomar asked while removing the pipe from his mouth, and holding it between his hoof. Emmaline sat down on the bed and gently clasped her hands together. She dangled her feet over the side and kicked them back and forth like a small child. Cenzio sat beside her, wrapping his arm around the doll and bringing her closer. He rested his skull on the top of her head, staring curiously in the direction of Lucas.

"Yes, yes. Tell us, prince." Cenzio taunted, smirking wildly.

Alex smiled at Edith as her mood lightened. She smiled and opened her door. "I am sure I have some buried deep in my pantry. I mostly eat easy to make foods because I am working all the time." she said, before shutting the door behind her. She brushed a few things aside, piling the stuff up. "Though is a biscuit the same thing as bread?" She asked.

@Sungwonc01

Lucas shook his head in fake disbelief.

"Isn't it obvious my dear Cenzio and Palomar? I've come to see my two favorite soul devouring skeletons in the entirety of this world and the one down under! And might I dare say the one above as well."

This of course was only partly true. Lucas had learned much and decided that anything even remotely romantic must be kept out of those devious skulls. For Emmaline's sake.

Lucas however couldn't keep his wandering eye off of Emmaline, which made his attempts at descretion slightly in vain.

@Icefox11[/color]

Cenzio let out a loud laugh that rattled his jaw bone. He began playing with Emmaline's long white hair, twirling it on his pointed finger slowly.

"Oh Lucas, I doubt it was just to see us." He snickered. Emmaline glanced up to the skeleton's facial expression. His creamy white complexion was twisted into a devious smile. She blinked, imagining a slithering, forked snake tongue flickering out from his mouth. The doll burst into a soft fit of giggling, and quietly tried to contain herself. Palomar grinned a bit at her.

"Something funny, Emmaline?"

But the porcelain doll simply shook her head in response.

"No. I was just thinking of something." She murmured, glancing up to Palomar. The skeleton shrugged and crossed his legs, turning back to the demon next to him.

"Let me guess, you came here to ask if we were going to the after party."

"And indeed we are." Cenzio suddenly sighed and stopped playing with the doll's hair.

"It's such a bother the alcohol runs right through us. Isn't it, Palomar? We won't be able to enjoy our favorite liquor." He pouted and huffed out. Palomar sighed as well, shaking his head.

"Don't even remind me..."

Suddenly changing the topic, Cenzio dropped his disappointed act and smirked at Lucas.

"But tell me, Lucullus. What are your plans for this evening?"

"Anything... particular in mind?" Palomar nudged the demon quickly with his bony elbow. Emmaline seemed to be too busy thinking to notice.

@Sungwonc01

Lucas sighed in sympathy with Cenzio and Palomar.

"Believe me, I know your pain. The liquor in hell is exceptional in that we somehow have 666% alcohol in our drinks. Don't ask because I don't know how thats possible either. Unfortunately it's hardened my liver so now on the surface I need to spend a month's pay just to feel a heavy buzz."

But when Cenzio and Palomar changed the subject Lucas had to think for a moment.

"Well after I finish my noble attempt at getting drunk as hell, I might have a little dance with a certain somebody."

He said nonchalantly.

@The Velveteen Rabbit

Last edited by a moderator:
"A certain... somebody?"

Cenzio repeated Lucas' words with a devious smile. Emmaline turned her gaze towards the demon and locked eyes with him. She looked a bit surprised that he would even mention it. Especially in front of the two skeletons. Her eyes grew worried for a moment. Palomar and Cenzio were never going to let this go...

"A lover?"

"Or maybe just a close friend?" Cenzio asked quickly after Palomar's question. The porcelain doll blinked curiously at Lucas, wondering what his answer would be.

What... am I to him? Emmaline thought while glancing down towards the soft bed sheets. Cenzio tapped his fingers against the bed impatiently, and motioned for Lucas to continue.

"Well? Tell us about this certain somebody." Cenzio's face turned into a wicked grin once more.

@Sungwonc01

Lucas realized his mistake too late. He mentally chastised himself for his loose lips and hope it wasn't too late to throw Cenzio and Palomar off the scent. If they knew he planned to dance with Emmaline it would be disastrous. So he tried to offer someone as far away from her as possible.

Namely Paul.

"Oh dearie me did I let that slip? I suppose it isn't a secret that I've been known to taste both sides of the rainbow. I've noticed that Paul seems a little...
frustrated. I just thought a little dancing would ease some of that deep aggression."

Lucas smiled as he lied through his teeth. Although Paul did seem stressed as of late, Lucas had no intention of dancing with an older man.

He just hoped Cenzio and Palomar had a lower opinion of Lucas than was actually true.

@The Velveteen Rabbit

Nora was glad to hear Kora would join them.

"Don't worry, we wont abandon you! There are others coming as well."

She gave the beast tamer a little squeeze before walking over to Marius.

"Come on, the night is wasting away."

She grabbed his hand so he could follow her to the bar. She looked up at the woman who came up and asked if they were ging to the bar. She didn't recognize the woman but her energy seemed familiar. She stare for a minute before it hit her.

"Sayuri? Why did you change your appearance?"

She looked at the now, older and taller Sayuri. Since Nora had known her for so long she recognized her energy. She smiled at the Sayuri.

"And of course you can come! Finally join in with an after show tradition. We will celebrate your debut!"

She Pulled on Marius's arm.

"Well come on you guys, times a wasting!"

She walked to the bar that was located several block from the forest that acted as a border between the cirque and the city. She lead everyone that followed her to a casual hole in the wall kind of bar. She pointed to the bar tender.

"I want a bottle of absinthe and put whatever my friends want on a tab okay?"

The bar tender nodded and handed her a bottle of green liquor she opened it up and took a swig, much to the surprise of many humans in the bar.

@Icefox11 @Kiyoko Tomoe

Sammy nodded at Sisceal's question. She was dead serious, she wanted him at the bar with the performers.

"Yes, liquer lossens people up."

She grabbed his shoulders, he also had an advantage with Nora. If the snake lady wanted him that way he could use it to his advantage.

"Use the fact that she wants you to get info! Use your charm on her, tease her, anything to get her talking."

She slightly pushed him away before looking at Kiyoko. She listened to her rant about hating books. Sammy could defiantly tell she was leading a group of the people the police didn't use that often. She couldn't argue, she was in the same boat. She was usually given very small and easy cases which made her mad. She smiled at Kiyoko.

"No one will throw books at you. Its a library, pretty sure its against the rules."

She had feeling tonight they would get somewhere.

"Now, that's your orders for the night. Lets get some info one these people."

@Axel1313 @Kiyoko Tomoe

"Heeey! Come on now, you know I can walk there without any assistance!" He jokingly protested. He may have been able to get around perfectly fine on his own, but it was always nice to relax his senses for once and let somebody else lead the way. Of course he would have liked to see Sayuri's new form, he heard Nora ask her about it but it was all a complete blank to him.

He more than happily followed Nora and the rest of their little gang to the cozy little place. "I'll have Vodka." Without really thinking it through first he spouted out his order. It was a little strong for him, but with more people around he didn't want to look like such a lightweight compared to Nora.

@Icefox11

"But?.....agh....fine..." He let out a heavy, defeated sigh. He could have argued this all night with them and desperately wanted to, but knew that was a bad idea...they weren't afraid to deck him for not listening. That and they needed to get whatever information they could. "But if I end up dead in some alleyway it's all your fault ya hear? And I wish ya luck in your research.....I also hope ya get hit with a book while you're there..." He huffed and headed back to his car for a more casual outfit. Something that would at least not make him stick out like a sore thumb in the bar. It was just a well fitted, button up white shirt and an older pair of black pants but it was good enough.

Rosary from his days at the church hung loosely around his neck he followed the group the the bar as nonchalantly as possible. Nora was the only one who had seen him before, so this should be a piece of cake right?

@Lady Luna Ravenswood @Kiyoko Tomoe

Kora smiled as Nora beamed at her, but she could feel a little twang as she only grabbed Marious' hand, though he was blind. She supposed it was partially for his help and kept moving until they reached the bar. Smiling, she had already hidden her ears and tail, but it was really interesting to see all these humans around. The stench of strong alcohol filled her nose, and she crinckled it a bit, until she adjusted to the smell. Walking up to the bartender, she leaned over the edge and smiled at him. "One bottle of whisky." She said, waiting until he brought it to her to sit down and took a sip. She wasn't a stranger to being around alcohol, with the Cirque and all, but drinking it was another story. She was intrigued by the burning sensation that went down her throat, and she took another swig, only longer this time. She had a feeling she wasn't going back sober.

@Axel1313 @Lady Luna Ravenswood @Kiyoko Tomoe

Users who are viewing this thread

Back