• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern Chunibyos, Unite! - A Slice-of-Life RP

Computing Magus

I need a King's Rock
Chunibyo (中二病 Chūnibyō) is a Japanese colloquial term that translates to "middle-school second-year syndrome" or "eighth-grader syndrome", typically used to describe early teens who have delusions of grandeur, that desperately want to stand out that they have convinced themselves they have hidden knowledge or secret powers.
Wikipedia

It's high school everyone, and you know what that means! New friends, new school, new lessons, new love, and much more. What else is to be expected in this world? Everyone here must now join a club to establish who you are and develop yourself, studies are taken much more seriously here for the sake of setting a bright future for yourself, and romance is developing because of adolescence! Ain't that beautiful?

Wait a minute, I sense a disturbance. What could that be?

Lo and behold as you sit in your seat in this new school of yours to continue your real life to hide the fact that your secretly saving the world, you sense a great energy in the room, a balance of light, dark, and the elements. It's way too much too handle that you could scream and materialize your weapon to find and eliminate the one who's producing this dangerous aura. You realize that, in a glance...

This aura has been made by your classmates, and they're not quite as common as you were accustomed to...

Welcome to the school of various otherworldly superhumans who have to live a normal life to make sure the world is safe and their identity secret. Sometimes. The school is quite different as well, as even the teachers are quite the malevolent incarnates themselves, hiding from you as they strike you sleeping in their class with high-tier weapons of mass destruction. There's so many facilities you have no idea how they've managed to do so, until you realized this was also quite the high-ranking private school. They can provide anything, from any new clubs you might want to join, or rooms for you to replenish your mana. Let's see how this school year becomes...

As you've expected, this is quite the comedic, fun RP I've had in mind after watching a certain anime, and do not spoil me yet since I've only watched the first season, and I wanted to see any other RPers who liked the idea of people who shouldn't be together lest they summon the evilest of demons with their powers combined. Or at least make the coolest summoning circles with awesome light effects. Are you with me or nah?​

Question: the interest check doesn't make it overly clear but this being secretely "otherworldly superhumans" is all part of the chuunibyou fantasy, right?

Question: the interest check doesn't make it overly clear but this being secretely "otherworldly superhumans" is all part of the chuunibyou fantasy, right?
Yup, all part of their fantasy. No actual superpowered people in this RP, just those that are almost convincingly superhuman.

Alrighty. And let me guess the anime that inspired this was "Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai!"?
Exactly, and quite glad I was recommended by some irl friends to watch it. Heard of the term chuunibyou, but never have I seen the glorious anime that has popularized it. Currently finished season one, and will start tomorrow on season two.

Alright, one last set of questions.

1.What are the expectations in posts, as in what are the posting requirements and pace rules gonna be?

2. Will this roleplay's IC be on discord or on a thread?

3. What restrictions are there in terms of characters? Specifically age-wise.

4.When do you plan to start this roleplay?

5.Is there a plot direction of any sort? While I understand the premise is basically "everyone's a chuunibyou" that alone doesn't give the plot a direction or any overall arc.

1.) The typical one large comprehensive paragraph for each post so that it's informative enough for partners to reply accurately, and just one post per day would suffice.

2.) While I do have a Discord account, I've never RPed there, so we'll be doing it here on RpN.

3.) Just an age 16-21 limit, and no other roles aside from a high school student.

4.) A day after making the thread, and I'll make the thread within 12 hours if I've garnered enough interest.

5.) There was really not a single idea of a plot when I added the RP, aside from the theme of everyone is a chuunibyou. You have a point, a plot does help with keeping people interested in the RP, so I'll get to that.

This was really more of a spur of the moment made RP because of my enjoyment of it directly after finishing the first twelve episodes of said anime, so many things like what the schools like or even any plot is yet to be actually conceived by me, or any suggestions anyone could suggest.

I see. Well, that being the case unfortunately I cannot say I am sufficiently interested. I wish you the best of luck in this, however!

Ah, Eureka! I have stumbled upon a gem!
I hope to hop along for this misadventure- if this is still open that is.

I will be making a thread for this soon, within at least a few hours and no longer than 12 hours, if I can do that. For everyone here, stay updated on the latest of what's happening here.

Ah! Darn! Uh, sorry chief, but I can't tag along. New developments have arisen, and I won't be able to rp for some time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back