• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Chronicles of Sylaria

I have another clarifying question: Do we need to write in 3rd person? And if we do, Are we calling our character by their name in the real world or the name of their in-game character?

I prefer to write in third person, but I'm not going to expect that everybody does the same. Feel free to write in whatever perspective you feel more comfortable with. As for how to address your character that's entirely up to you. NPCs in the world are going to know your character's reputation by their character name. So NPCs will refer to Scarlett as Scarlett despite her real name being Alex. As for why I call her Scarlett personally, well that was intentional to hide the reveal. I could switch to calling her Alex now, at least in narration, but I'm going to keep referring to her as Scarlett for consistency. I feel like switching her name right now would be kind of confusing. This is all my personal preference, though, if you prefer to use your character's real world name go for it. ;)

Oh and in case it wasn't clear in the story, Liana and Frankie are both using their real world names. Damien clearly identifies as Damien now, so he won't be going back to using his old name.

my characters race is a dragon that has taken human form if that is ok with you i have him made already if you want to see him and i have thought about what you said and when i play a mmorpg this is how i would make my character. i am reading and thinking of were i am going to put my character and i think he will be with scarlet the most.

Sorry, just had to make breakfast for everyone. (Had kind of a late start today. >.> )

Um, so anyway. A dragon? Like a full on dragon? I'm not sure about that, tbh. I would feel more comfortable with maybe dragon ancestry. Like a Dragonborn, maybe. Not like Skyrim Dragonborn, but D&D Dragonborn (humanoid creature with scaly skin, lizard-like face, etc.). Or maybe dragon blooded, basically a human with dragon ancestry that gets some extra bonuses like resistance to fire, or something, but is basically human, iono... >.> If you wanted to be a shapeshifting dragon it's far more likely that you would be from the game world, not the real world, and that would probably be pretty unbalancing. Ideally, everyone who joins the thread is going to create a character of equal skill and power to everyone else so no one feels more special than the others.

As for knowing Scarlett in real life that's going to be rather difficult. I kind of touched on it a little bit, but Alex was only playing this game because his sister asked him to. He's not a gamer. In the real world he was a delinquent, hanging out with the wrong crowds, breaking the law, etc. It was partly why he overheard his adopted mom and dad talking about the possibility of sending him back to the orphanage. He'd been brought home in a squad car just a few too many times. They weren't actually considering doing it, of course, but he overheard it and misunderstood their intentions. His sister heard it too, that's why she asked him to play the game. She thought it would keep him out of trouble. This was all going to be revealed in character, of course, but I kind of have to mention it here to explain why no one from this game is very likely to know Scarlett in real life. It's honestly more likely that you would know his sister, but you wouldn't know Alex. At best you would know that Brianna (his sister) has an adopted brother who's kind of a troublemaker, but you would never have met him, sorry. (He's almost never home and he doesn't go to school. :( )

Also, um--I don't know how far you've read into the story, but Scarlett's already escaped from Damien. Currently, I'm working on a scene with her and the Gaspard family who owns the farm she's at. It's gotten pretty lengthy so I don't know if now is a good time to try to meet her. She's going to be on her way to Aerilon soon, though, so there's a possibility you could meet her on the road or in the city.

Last edited:
Brianna's currently in the game world right now and she's looking for Alex. I was going to bring her in later, but if you need someone to role play with I can bring her in now.

when you bring Brianna to the story I will bring in my character and I changed him to what you were talking about and I agree that my character knowing his sister makes more sens. just need to edit his back story could i send it to you when i am done to see what you think

Last edited:
Name: Atlas Rexius

Nickname: blackscale

Height: 6'6"

Weight: 245 Ib

Ability: Dragons blood (Dragons blood flows through his veins.)

70 ft from snout to tail and 50 ft from top of head to bottom of paws.

Physical Appearance:
1606618860812.png

Personality: Atlas is a head strong person he gets that part of himself from his father with a caring nature that he gets from his mother both sides of his personality collide on occasion he is very brutal in a fight but Honorable just do not get on his bad side he is none to be very vengeful.

this is what Atlas looks like his real name back in the real world was Austin and what is the name of the town brianna is at

Not to nitpick, buuut '70 ft from snout to tail and 50 ft from top of head to bottom of paws?' This world started out as an MMO, each race and class would have to be balanced against the others for PvP. WoW would be a very different game if Alexstraza was a playable character. ><

Maybe, I should be a bit more specific? Are you familiar with dragon blooded sorcerors from D&D? They're not dragon shapeshifters, but their dragons blood grants them certain bonuses, such as resistance to a specific elemental type, a bit of extra armor for durability and at higher levels the ability to fly for a very short while on dragon wings. I was thinking something along those lines. The ability for a player to transform into a 70 foot dragon is just a bit to unbalanced for this thread. :(

oh no just the dragons blood forgot to change that sorry all he has is dragons blood flowing through his veins. because of that his eyes are that of A dragons he is heat resistant and has enhanced sight, smell, and strength. he can not shape shift I meant to change that sorry oh and a little bit About Atlas his real world name is Thomas But Brie calls him Tom for short he was a certified blacksmith in the real world and was a contender for the heavy weight boxing title. he knows his way around making blades and a form of hand to hand combat . but the shape shifting is a no go I agree with you

I don't know how likely it is for Brianna to know a heavy-weight boxer who makes swords who just happens to go to her school. Maybe she might meet someone like that in her kendo class? Iono. >.>

Users who are viewing this thread

Back