• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Chronicles of Cre' Est - Partner Search!

GojiBean

Your resident irradiated Kaiju King
Roleplay Type(s)
Hi everyone, GojiBean here!

Before I get to the interest check content, I want to wish everyone safety and good health during this scary time with Covid-19. With so much bad news streaming in from all over, it's easy to sometimes get lost and/or forget the positives of life. So, from me to you, I hope you're doing well and are able to focus on the good in your life during this difficult time!

With that said, I'd like to make it known I'm searching for a 1x1 partner for a roleplay!

Chronicles of Cre' Est will be a multi-layered Role-Play between myself and one (hopefully) dedicated partner who can, despite these rough times, join me long-term in an epic adventure which I'm hoping they will never forget (even when it comes to an end).

Ideally, this partner will have the following qualities:

1. Not afraid to make and/or play multiple characters
  2. Not afraid to kill characters off for story purposes
  3. Is able to adapt to intense and rapid changes of pace and tone (and this RP will throw them at you A LOT)
  4. Has the time to provide at least one post per week without fail

If you fit these four criteria, then please read on! If not, then I wish you luck on all of your current and future RP endeavors!

Chronicles of Cre' Est takes place on a continent called... You guessed it! Cre' Est!

The continent is split into five nations: Cre' Est (the mother nation), Shaharan (the desert nation), Gweynura (the forest nation), Triveila (the water nation), and Veilbrand (the stone/earth nation). I will be sketching and providing a map for the continent once I have found my role-play partner so that they can see the world they'll be involved in with more detail at that time. But for now a description will have to do. Lol.

Cre' Est is central on the continent, and its Eastern border lies against the Great Mountain Range which runs the entire length of the continent from North to South, splitting it into two halves. The Southwestern edge of the mountain range reached up and under Cre' Est, separating it from Veilbrand which occupies the Southwest region in and around the mountains. Triveila lies Northwest of Cre' Est, against the ocean. Shaharan lies to the East of the mountain range, and is the largest nation by volume and is predominantly desert and dry badlands. Gweynura lies to the south of Shaharan, and is predominantly comprised of a mix of temperate deciduous and evergreen forests. The evergreens are closer to the Great Mountain Range to the West, with one or two pathways leading through to Veilbrand. And the deciduous forests lie to the North and East sides of the nation.

Again, I'll have a map sketched once I have a partner (and the time to do the sketch, lol).

Moving on to some of the more general world details:

* The time period is medieval
* Firearms are limited to flintlock (single-shot, powder and ball) versions
* No electricity
* The basic climate of the continent is fair, being well-balanced with hot/cold temperatures all around with Shaharan's desert climate being the only major exception with a near year-round average temperature of 85-90 degrees Fahrenheit (29.4-32 degrees Celsius)jewelr
* Arranged marriages between noble houses are common
* Arranged marriages between commonwealth families are common
* Arranged marriages between nobles and the commonwealth are exceedingly rare (so much so that there might only be one such marriage per every 3-5 years in each nation)
* A woman's virtue (aka virginity) is incredibly important from a cultural standpoint in all nations except Shaharan, and should a woman be discovered to have lost her virtue, no matter the circumstances behind it, she will receive a brand on the back of her left hand indicating she has been sullied; Should this happen, she will find it almost impossible to find a marriage partner no matter how wealthy or well-known her family is

Those are some of the bigger details about the world. There are many, many smaller details for each of the five nations. But I don't have time to relay them to everyone. I'll wait to reveal the smaller and more personal details of the five nations individual cultures to my partner once I find them. ;D

So! Details about characters and the kinds of story arcs you can expect to immerse yourself in within the Chronicles of Cre' Est!

Character Details

Characters are almost limitless in terms of the scope of who they can be and what walk of life they can come from so long as it fits within the scope of a medieval time period.

Examples include, but are obviously not limited to: butcher, tailor, fruit vendor, florist, doctor, nurse, apothecary, restaurant owner, bartender, tavern owner, innkeeper, mercenary, bounty hunter, assassin, thief, trader, scientist, alchemist, architect, blacksmith, carpenter, armorer, artist, baker, cook, clothier, diplomat, bookbinder, dyer, engineer, engraver, guard, military service, farmer, rancher, fisherman, interpreter, jester, magician, jeweler, fortune-teller, leather worker, locksmith, gardener, gravedigger, miner, minstrel, potter, physician, sailor, scribe, servant/maid/butler, shoemaker, banker, storyteller, stone carver, weaver, astrologer... And the list goes on and on and on.

So, if it fits in a medieval time period, you can create a character that fits whatever walk of life you want. I will be placing only two restrictions on you: No royals, and no being a member of Te'i Sai (either in the past, present, or in the future) or having any family who ever was involved with them.

Te'i Sai

What's Te'i Sai?

Te'i Sai serves as the primary antagonist force we will face in the RP, and they stand alone as the single most powerful, successful, and dangerous assassin organization on the continent (perhaps the world, I haven't decided yet, lol). Te'i Sai is an ancient organization which was founded at the same time as the continent itself. Its history is wrapped in question marks, and none outside the organization have any knowledge of what goes on within.

Nobody knows where Te'i Sai's primary base of operations is, how many members are a part of it, what their communication methods are, how they move around the continent as freely as they do, or even what the true goal of the organization is.

The only thing publicly known about Te'i Sai is the name of the organization, and the fact that their targets for assassination are primarily politicians and high-end social figures. The why behind this remains unclear. Some have speculated that perhaps Te'i Sai is actually a force for justice, as many of those they kill are seen as corrupt and/or evil by the general populace. However, what usually serves as a counter-argument in that debate is the fact that Te'i Sai has not been above killing the innocent, even if it was because they just happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time and witnessed something they shouldn't have.

Lastly... As if they weren't scary enough, they have a major ace-in-the-hole.

A single individual of terrifying efficiency, ruthless cunning, and unparalleled skill in all things related to being an assassin... The Red-Eyed Demon.

Only two facts about this individual are public knowledge: One, he is male. Two, he actually has glowing red irises (hence his moniker).

That's it.

Other than those two facts, details about the Red-Eyed Demon concern his reputation and/or local urban legends and myths about the man more so than are actually able to be called facts about the man himself. For example: The Cre' Itian massacre in the year 563 took place in the Central Square in the nation's capital city of Valkyom, and over 60 people died in the course of an afternoon. Some say that they were all slain by the Red-Eyed Demon, because it is known that he first assassinated the Mayor of the city before leaping down into the crowd from the Mayor's balcony. Is it true? Most believe it is. Another myth is that he was once seen in the heart of the nation of Cre' Est as well as the nation of Triveila in the same day only three hours apart, judging by reports of his work being discovered in both. Is it true? Few have reason to doubt it.

With this terrifying man at the heart of their forces, Te'i Sai is nigh indestructible as an organization and is universally feared for the efficiency and brutality of their work. The fact that their true agenda remains unknown is frightening enough. But what's even more frightening is that, should they desire it, few doubt that they could easily take over the entire continent and change the course of its future forever.

A question to consider while you have a moment... Is any of the above true? Or is it all fear-driven myth?

Well... I'll leave it to your imagination for now.

The truest and darkest details about Te'i Sai will be revealed to my role-play partner in time after we come to an understanding about the five nations and all of those other important details about understanding the world, the various cultures and sub-cultures, locations, landmarks, and other items to truly immerse yourself in this world of mystery, violence, action, and romance.

In Conclusion

Now that you understand some of the basics of Chronicles of Cre' Est, it's time to wrap up with a few final notes and details.

1. This RP will contain a minimum of 5 Story Arcs to journey through, which is why I'm looking for people who can make and play multiple characters since many of them will have personal stories that begin and end with each individual arc
  2. Each Arc will have its own plot which ties into the underlying theme of the RP (and the theme will be revealed to my partner whenever I find them)
  3. This RP is going to be incredibly violent, so if you're averse to violence and explicit details about gore, such as descriptions of the sounds of internal organs being cleaved in two as their fluids spill across the ground... Don't sign up for this RP because I go very, very in depth with these details
  4. The RP is open ended, meaning that not everything is set in stone and has to be my way or the highway; you will be encouraged to come up with sub-plots, side missions, and other such things to add to the RP for us to enjoy together throughout the experience... So be prepared to flex those creativity muscles!

Lastly... This RP, despite its gory and intense nature, is meant to facilitate us having fun with amazing characters in (if I may pat myself on the back for it) an amazing world. I created this story concept in 2009, so it is now over 10 years old. I am ultra proud of this concept, and am seeking to publish the original work in the coming years once I find the last few details that it needs to truly come into its own as a standout story.

To that end, I will reiterate that I'm looking for a partner who can dedicate long-term to this RP, post at least once a week (preferably more), who isn't afraid of big ideas or playing multiple characters, and who isn't afraid to get creative and suggest new ideas and experiences for our characters to enjoy along the way, as well as plot out the RP's events with me so it's not an entirely reactive experience on your end.

So!

... Are you in?

_____________________________________________________________________​

If you are interested in being my partner for this rather ambitious RP project, then hopefully you won't mind if I test you a little bit.

Not to sound rude, but like I said before I'm incredibly proud of this project and am seeking to get the original work published in the coming years. Because of personal pride, I cannot in good conscience just accept the first person to throw their lot in. I need to test you to see what you're made of in order to find my ideal writing partner.

So, if you're not intimidated by this, then here are your instructions (and please read them before trying to follow them):

1. Inform me of your interest in joining by replying to this thread with a greeting
  2. Copy the italicized text below and paste it into a private message addressed to me
  3. In that same message, respond to the text as if you were in the RP already with at least two characters of your own design to complete the scene

When you hit "send" on this private message, I would like you to be fully confident that you have completed the scene in a satisfying way. And when I say "satisfying," I don't necessarily mean "happy" or "nice." For example, it's not going to gain much favor from me if it's just two heroic characters storming up and taking the guy down as if he were nothing. Make sense? There's no thrill, tension, subtlety, or satisfaction in an ending like that if it's just two heroic figures doing their thing and making the baddy look like all of his wicked deeds were only accomplished because everyone else in the world was just too stupid or afraid to stop them through a bluff. Know what I mean?

I want to see subtlety. I want to see the smallest and most intimate details you can possibly capture. I want tension. I want an emotional roller coaster. I want to see your character's minds at work. Every gear turning in their heads. Every physical action a story in miniature waiting to be told!

I want to be on the edge of my seat because I can't immediately predict the outcome of this scenario as it plays out. I want it to be gripping and satisfying when I reach the final words of your conclusion and think, "Daaaaaamn that was awesome!"

Make sense?

So with that in mind, here is the scene (set in Veilbrand, the nation of stone/earth):

Torrential rains and hurricane force winds whipped and roared across the village of Orktusk. Street signs swung violently around their poles. House banners were torn from their boards. A stray cat, attempting to flee across the open street from the hiss of the wind in the alley behind it, was lifted off its feet and thrown into the decrepit remains of what was once a fruit stand. And the very soil itself seemed almost to retreat in fear of the unholy wrath of the heavens unleashed.

The local tavern sat towards the center of the village. Old as the village itself, and showing its age through creaks and groans from the walls and floor boards. Suddenly, the door was nearly ripped off its hinges as it carved a dent into the wall with rain pouring inside around the lightning-illuminated silhouette of a lone cloaked figure. As he walked inside, even against the heavy winds, he pushed the door closed with a single hand while maintaining perfectly erect posture. Walking past the tavern patrons, shivering and leaning away as he walked passed them by, he approached the bar and slammed two Gold Pieces onto the wood beneath his index and middle fingers of his right hand.

"Fill me up the largest bottle you have with your best-aged wine." He demanded in a surprisingly soft, but ominously low voice.

"Certainly, sir. It'll be but a moment." The tavern master replied, attempting to grip the edges of the coins and slide them into his hand.

The coins would not budge. The portly gentlemen cleared his throat and quickly gave up on the coins in favor of retrieving the man's requested beverage and placing it in front of his open and waiting left hand. The man's fingers promptly gripped the handle and brought the glass to his lips. In what seemed an impossibly fast series of swigs, the bottle was empty and slammed onto the bar top shattering it into hundreds of pieces leaving only the jagged edge of the handle still in the man's grip. Flicking the two coins into the palm of his hand and quickly placing them in his pocket, the cloaked figure suddenly reached across the bar and pulled the tavern master by the lapels so they were nose to nose.

"You call that shit your "best" well-aged wine?" He demanded.

"Sir! Please! That was indeed our finest and most well-aged-"

"LIAR!" He growled.

He let go of the tavern master's lapels, and in a blink had gripped the poor man's wrist slamming his hand onto the bar top. He then jammed the jagged edges of the handle into the flesh of the tavern master's wrist sending blood spraying across the finely polished wood. Beneath the grinding of the jagged weapon, the crunch and tearing of muscle sinew and bone could be heard as the portly tavern master screamed in agony. Lifting his weapon up high, allowing blood to drip to the floor beneath his feet, he brandished it like a set of brass knuckles preparing to strike.

"Lie to me again, and it's your throat!" He growled through clenched teeth.

((That's the text!))

Have fun! And good luck!!

Last edited:
Holy moley this thread moves fast! XD

Gotta give this a bump for great justice to find a partner!

I know there's a lot to read through, but maybe a condensed version can help?

Join me in a medieval fantasy adventure locked in a world of mystery, violence, treachery, and deceit! Against the natural horrors of the world, and the most powerful assassin organization around, how will you survive? And what stories will you tell?

See you inside!

Hey! Just before I send a response to your scene, do you have any triggers I should keep in mind?

Hello there!

Could you please clarify what you mean by "triggers?" I'm afraid that the word carries quite a few meanings to me based on past experience and I'm not exactly sure which one of them you're going for. 😅

Hello there!

Could you please clarify what you mean by "triggers?" I'm afraid that the word carries quite a few meanings to me based on past experience and I'm not exactly sure which one of them you're going for. 😅
Yeah, of course! So what I mean is basically something you don't want brought up during the rp. Most common ones include r*pe, abuse, and suicide/self harm.

Yeah, of course! So what I mean is basically something you don't want brought up during the rp. Most common ones include r*pe, abuse, and suicide/self harm.

Ah, gotcha. Thanks for clarifying.

In that context, I have zero triggers. Anything and everything is fair game in this RP world. So hold nothing back!

Ah, gotcha. Thanks for clarifying.

In that context, I have zero triggers. Anything and everything is fair game in this RP world. So hold nothing back!
Great! I'll type a PM when I get the chance! I'm not really into fantasy but this idea seems really interesting an I would be willing to give it a try :)

Would anyone else be interested in trying their hand at this setting and sample post? I promise I don't bite, even if it kinda sounds like I do! 😇

Hihi~! I haven’t seen a thread with this much love and passion put into a world in forever, and I absolutely adore it! I am 100% interested in this, and am happy to let you know I can likely get you that sample post in the next day or two!

I am happy to give more of a formal introduction first, but if you’d like to save that for after the post, I totally understand!

Only two questions!

One, I just wanted to make sure you’re still looking for people? Would be a shame to work on a post and someone beat me to it.

Two! Just to make sure, this is a pure medieval idea right? No spells, sorcery, mythical beasts, etc?​

Hihi~! I haven’t seen a thread with this much love and passion put into a world in forever, and I absolutely adore it! I am 100% interested in this, and am happy to let you know I can likely get you that sample post in the next day or two!

I am happy to give more of a formal introduction first, but if you’d like to save that for after the post, I totally understand!

Only two questions!

One, I just wanted to make sure you’re still looking for people? Would be a shame to work on a post and someone beat me to it.

Two! Just to make sure, this is a pure medieval idea right? No spells, sorcery, mythical beasts, etc?​

Hi there!

Correct. This is pure medieval with no significant sorcery or magical beasts. There is, however, a small element of spiritualism involved complete with cults worshipping dark forces and such. Demonic spirits, and benign spirits, are a thing. But their impact and presence in the world is so small that they almost don't register unless the story/plot specifically call for it.

One example is the glowing red eyes of the Red-Eyed Demon. There's a reason they glow. And it's one-of-a-kind... For now.

But yeah. Other than that, and the idea of spirits being part of the world (more in the background), it's pure medieval and mostly focused in realism for the time period.

I look forward to your response post!

Hi there!

Correct. This is pure medieval with no significant sorcery or magical beasts. There is, however, a small element of spiritualism involved complete with cults worshipping dark forces and such. Demonic spirits, and benign spirits, are a thing. But their impact and presence in the world is so small that they almost don't register unless the story/plot specifically call for it.

One example is the glowing red eyes of the Red-Eyed Demon. There's a reason they glow. And it's one-of-a-kind... For now.

But yeah. Other than that, and the idea of spirits being part of the world (more in the background), it's pure medieval and mostly focused in realism for the time period.

I look forward to your response post!
Wonderful! Thank you so much for getting back to me!

I will take all that into account. I equally look forward to sending it your way!

Also, for everyone who might be interested in this, I would like for you to consider all the following details about the sample text you'll be responding to!!

After the door was thrown so violently open as to dent the wall with the handle, why did this brutish man push the door closed? If he's truly as brutish as his voice and actions make him seem, why close the door? For comfort? For safety? A conditioned response from years of repeating the action? Respect for the establishment, even if not for the tavern master himself?

(Also, just a side note about something physically informational. When he pushed the door closed against the heavy winds and rain, he did so standing perfectly upright. That requires a lot of physical strength, especially in the core (stomach and back). Strength to push against a force comes first from the legs, and most people would have to bend at least one leg to get the resistance against the wind going to shut the door. So if his legs could stay straight and his body can fight the winds and rain to shut the door with no visible effort... That's scary as f*** how strong he is. So just keep that in the back of your mind as well while I move on to other more important observations to keep in mind 😉)

Other things to take into consideration (going back to my request for subtlety are...) why wasn't the tavern master intimidated by him at first, whereas the other patrons were? The tavern master responded to his demand simply and calmly before attempting to take the gold from his fingers, and only gave up when it was clear he wouldn't part with them until his thirst was satisfied. Is there history here? Some kind of personal or business relationship at work? Or have they simply seen each other before and violence didn't occur, causing no belief that it is on the way to fool the tavern master into thinking he's safe around this man?

And when the man broke the glass and started yelling, the tavern master again showed more concern for the situation about the wine than his personal safety in his response. It's subtle, but the fact he addressed the wine issue before the now shattered glass that could be a weapon says the glass wasn't a factor in his mind yet. He didn't fear it enough to focus on it. So why is that? Why would a potential makeshift weapon not be the first thing he addresses, either by backing away or trying to reach for a hidden weapon of his own to protect himself? Is the tavern master simply a pacifist? Is he naive enough to think that words can get him out of any situation?

I deliberately left all of these questions open and unanswered because I want to see what everyone can come up with! Feel free to play with the characters I've set in the scene when you make your responses! Nothing is off limits, and there is no hard deadline to complete your response (though ideally it would come within the next two ish weeks, hopefully, lol).

Thank you all again! And I hope to see more responses soon!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back