• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Choose Your Own Adventure

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Zhara had grabbed her pack and was almost to her feet when the bright light consumed her. In a flash, she was in a new location, completely off balance from her half stand prior to transport. She stumbled backwards into a wall, but at least she did not fall. Her skull made contact with the stone with a thonk. A viscous growl escaped her lips as she straightened herself, rubbing the back of her head and glaring at Horus. She flared her nostrils with a snort at the demigod before readjusting herself. Tossing her pack on her back and swiveling her belt to it's correct position, her kurkris secured at her lower back. Her eyes landed on Ruvo as he addressed Horus. Zhara's arms were crossed about her chest defiantly, "I will not be confined to this room." Her finger nails drummed against her arms in irritation at the mere thought of it.

Horus couldn't help but laugh a little from how everyone looked after the teleportation. He didn't see that coming that had never happened before when he cast it with his summon with him. He did feel bad though that Willow wasn't looking so good since she looked similar to how she did when they met for the first time. Although it did seem that the rest didn't take too long to recover with Ruby even suggesting that the weather was at a good temperature. After Ruvo asked if he wanted them to stay or go somewhere while he handles with the message. Khara immediately displayed her displeasure with any kind of idea of making her stay put and Horus couldn't blame her. His room was nice but it only was that way because his father wanted him to stay home more often.

"No it's fine you can stay or leave if you want just one thing first," he said opening up one of his chest. Inside he pulled out some pendants shaped like a sword with a pair of wings attached to it. "This is my divine symbol given to me when I was born. As long as you have these no one in the entire kingdom will bother you and believe me not all of my people are as accepting of other races as I." He set them down so if anyone wanted to leave they could take one. "Of and I almost forgot this also has the nice added bonus of letting you get anything you want in the city for free while you have this with you."

download.png

With the prevention of any possible race problems or any possible lack of money they might have Horus was ready to go see his father. But just because he was leaving everyone he decided to have one of his summons to a company him, his head maid Mila.

"Master how may I be of service today," said Mila. She was a summon perfect for what he needed since her powers suited whatever Horus disred at the moment.

0a9f8c9c697b8fba1ede8d4fbd7d7f304e76b112_hq.jpg

"I want you to use telepathy for me so that I can keep in touch with everyone who is in this room."

"Yes I should be able to do that master," Mila replied.

"Good well if no one needs anything from me I will be on my way."

scorpiodragon scorpiodragon SilverSentinal SilverSentinal TheCoRgiGaL TheCoRgiGaL RatKing RatKing Computing Magus Computing Magus Vasarra Vasarra JayBird JayBird Ms. Sparrow Ms. Sparrow

Zhara's annoyance suddenly faded at the sight of the shiny pendants. "Don't mind if I do!" She exclaimed, grabbing up one of the sigils with admiration before attaching it to one of the criss crossing belts at her right hip. She placed her hands on her hips, then pushed her hip adorned with the pendant outwards. "Cute, isn't it!?" She shouted, to no one in particular, with a giant smile on her face.

Her attention fell to the summon Horus brought forth. She studied the new woman as he spoke, saying something she was not so fond to hear. "Careful, you might not like you hear going on in my head, ....or perhaps you'll like it too much." She teased with a wink and click of her tongue. "Haha, alright. Let's find something to get into. What ya say, Ruvo?" She questioned, giving the avian a mischievous look. "Maybe something you could sing about." Her eyes landed on the elf lady. Or perhaps we should tend the sickly one first. Zhara approached Willow reaching a hand towards the girl. "Assistance, little one"? She stooped a bit closer to appear less intimidating, being extremely tall for a female, she wanted to appear comforting for Willow.

Kaudri Rahanyon-20 Yrs-Elf/Fairy Hybrid/Mazzush Bohogl-80 Yrs-Half Orc
Kaudri would turn from the mirror of which he had been staring at, diligently inspecting his wings for any signs of tearing which would take a while to heal and not enable him to fly while healing. The bird-man questioned if they would need to remain in this room if Horus left or they could go out followed by the strange creature with the knives speaking that it would not be contained in a room that seemed to have other rooms branching off it that Kaudri could see when looking around. Horus then spoke concerning the negative and pulled out some medals with the same symbol on all of them, laying them on a table and saying that they could use them to get anything they wanted for free here if they wished to go outside and explore, the creature with the knives immediately taking one and then warning the summoned woman that appeared by Horus's side that it wouldn't like looking into her mind. Kaudri was not all that welcoming to have someone poke around in his head either and instead watched out of the corner of his eye as Willow was approached and the bird man was addressed by the strange woman who had joined. "Dragon cousin," spoke Coral in his mind, the fairy dragon turning his head towards the caramel skinned woman. Kaudri's face twisted into a frown and he concentrated, causing the air within the room to form and shape itself into a wolf of air that stood beside him, head lowered. He tapped his fingers on Coral's head as he shook his head, showing he didn't need anything else at all.

Mazzush turned as she felt magic in the room and saw a woman being summoned from somewhere, Horus speaking to the maid. Unlike many so far who were still disoriented by the teleportation, she walked over and removed a medal from the table in question, staring at and then hanging it around her neck as it might be good to see if there were any tomes here on the arcane arts that she didn't have and could use with her arcane magic. Mazzush then climbed out the window and jumped down to the earth below, seemingly not bothered by the risk of injury or the fall.

Mentioned: TheCoRgiGaL TheCoRgiGaL Vasarra Vasarra

Willow looked up at Zhara, offering her a small, somewhat disoriented smile. The elf just nodded slightly, not really being able to pay attention to much around her except for the fact that she was trying her best not to be sick. She supposed she had learned something new about herself; she got sick very easily.

(Sorry for the short reply, I’ve been busy today)

Ruvo grabbed one of the sword shaped pendants that were set down after heeding the prince’s warning that there would people in the kingdom that wouldn’t be so eager on treating them well if not for their pendants. Racism... he thought to himself not exactly looking forward to glares he and the others may get if they went out into the kingdom.

Atop of functioning as symbols to display who was in good relations with Horus the pendants also apparently granted the holders the power to get any good in the city for free. Whether this was because the costs were directed right to the throne or some other reason Ruvo wasn’t sure, but he hoped no one in the group would think of abusing the hospitality.

With Horus leaving the room after summoning to his side one of his summons, Ruvo was planning to just sit around playing a few tunes on his lute until Zhara had asked if he had wanted to find something to ‘get into’.

“Well..I suppose finding something to do would be better than sitting around” he said strumming the strings on his instrument hoping Zhara’s mischievous look didn’t indicate some ulterior motive. “I wonder what kind of music they have here” he said out loud to himself curiously.

Vasarra Vasarra

Last edited:
The two skurgion tensed up as he approached . Dark magic surrounded their hands but they made it disappear just as quickly when she held up a hand signalling them to relax . She leaned back a bit as the werewolf came closer and started sniffing the air around her . She gave him a confused look as he did so with one of the other two skurgion before finally returning to his spot in front of her " Oh don't worry , tourists go as far as our Doranian port city of Breakpoint Bay.....only skurgion....with the exception of prisoners are allowed on the Isle of Mystery but im also making an exception for you because i promised you a hunting ground and you shall have it .....so you don't need to worry about tourists , it will be just you and your prey.....in our forest where you can hone your skills at your own rate " she said as he held out a hand to her , ready to make it official . She nodded and shook his hand " we are glad to have you as an assassin that we can hopefully count on .....but i have no doubt that you can handle whatever job we hand your way......" she said before pointing at the gold purse she gave him " since you don't use skurgion magic you will have to use one of our rune stones in order to tay in contact with your contractor .....since the other skurgion are a bit paranoid about you .....i'll be your contractor .....simply whisper my name into the stone and i'll telepathically speak to you through the stone .....you can find out if there are jobs available or you could ask me to sent more prisoners to the forest or just anything in general ......but if there is a job available , that stone will pulse a red light like no tomorrow , the faster the pulses the more dangerous the job. Since you are free to do as you please , you can either except or decline , won't hurt us ....we'll just continue watching the target " she said before giving a slight bow with her head , turning around to leave as she walked past the other two before stopping and turning around again " Oh my apologies , i know you but you don't know me " Princess Veya Zerv of the Isle of Mystery .....we'll ...or more specifically , i will keep in touch with you " she said with a slight stage performance bow before continuing on with her walk as the other 2 followed

scorpiodragon scorpiodragon
==========================================
==========================================

She turned and approched the table alongside the half orc as she also inspected it " Well this seems quite fancy .....but i'm not to fond of the idea of getting things for free with power or social status....but if it means people here won't bother her while she flies around the kingdom and take a few strolls around different areas of the city " she said as she placed one around her neck "ho am i to complain about it " she watched as the others started recovering from their teleportation sickness before her attention drew to the maid that appeared . She will forever and always find it confusing as to where he gets all of these summons but that wasn't on her list of concerns for now , what was on her list.....at the very top of the list , is why she wasn't outside , enjoying the heat already " Well ...im sure you need to get going so i'll do the same .....i will be exploring the city....if that isn't a problem ......i just need to know the way out " she asked as she looked at Horus .

Quinlan63 Quinlan63

Azrael Shuyin Cross-30.5 Yrs-Werewolf
Azrael looked down at the bag of gold coins as the female spoke about since he did not have Skurgion magic, he would have to use one of their rune stones to remain in contact with his contractor which would apparently be the woman before him as the other two didn't seem at all interested or impressed with him to which he nodded, assuming said stone was within the bag he carried. She spoke of tourists only going so far as some port and not going near the Isle of Mystery or the forest in which would be his own territory upon that land as well as how the rune stone worked, glowing red when there was a job and becoming brighter when the job which more dangerous which he apparently didn't have to accept as well as how to contact her. Then when the deal was shaken on and Azrael pocketed the bag, she spoke by way of introduction, saying she was the princess of the Skurgion. Throughout this explanation, he was silent, not speaking at all but finally did when it seemed everything important was out of the way. "So where do we go now? Do we look for those others I observed fighting that strange monster or to this Isle of Mystery where your race hails from?" Little did he know, that said fighters were in a completely different area and it would take a while to get there on foot which was okay with him...it would give him time to get used to this land and he could not be stopped, or so he thought, if he killed any passing travelers or bandits on said journey. Observing the strange creatures before him, he had a thought. "How do you suppose to travel? I can move easily as a wolf or a human and my master taught us how to ride horses and drive wagons."

Interaction: SilverSentinal SilverSentinal

Mentions: Ruby (( SilverSentinal SilverSentinal )), Horus (( Quinlan63 Quinlan63 ))

After a cant and somatic component was given to produce the teleportation, a second later and the Tortle finds that they were still in a grand room. Of course, nothing like the castle they were in earlier. This was no single room, but nonetheless Horus still says that this was his quarters. Looking around, Flotsam saw grand amenities, who would want to leave here? The Tortle began thinking of his next agenda but as he looked towards his companions, most, if not all, have become dizzy from the spell as they say so. The Tortle felt little of the nausea, but nothing to physically affect him. So most are not accustomed to the effects of magic.

"Mind if I come with, Ruby? I'd also like to see where we are. Oh--" as Flotsam talked, beginning to feel the spike in temperature. The colors of the heat, orange, yellow, and amber was no coincidence. This place was quite warm, wasn't it? Flotsam tugged on the collar of their shell comically, indicating the uncomfortable heat. The Tortle decided he should not mind it so. It shouldn't kill him. Mere warmth. He begun to come closer to accompany Ruby if she is willing to. The Tortle then looks around the masterpiece that was the "room" they were in.

Elise had long since separated herself from the rest of the group and slowly made her way through the grand building in shear disbelief at what had transpired moments ago. “Teleportation magic…” she muttered to herself. Magic so old it was thought to have been forgotten and was now told in fairy tales to children. Last thing she remembered doing was looking over the package she received from the chief medical officer and the next here she was hundreds of miles in another kingdom. How could this be? Who exactly were the people she ended up with? More importantly, her parents were going to have a fit once they found out what’s happened.

As she continued to aimlessly wander the halls of the ridiculously large building that seem to rival that of the palace back in Urdem Viventium; Elise wondered if there was a library or a place to momentarily gather herself. As if on cue, there was a brief wave of coolness that washed over her. She shuddered a little and began walking towards her destination. But what was peculiar was this immense confidence in where she was going, almost as if she had been here before. Within minutes she was in front of a large oak door. How did I… she thought to herself. A split second later there was a glimpse of Horus walking away with one arm giving a lofty wave as if he was saying you’re welcome and then Elise was brought back to reality. “Invasion of privacy much….but thank you”, she muttered under her breath.

Shaking off her annoyance she pushed the oak doors open and walked into the library. To say she was shocked was an understatement. Before her was a massive sized room lined with shelves upon shelves of books that seemed to stretch for miles. Elise was so entranced at the sight she had to wipe the drool that had threatened to fall from her lip. Her peers from the academy would never know it but she was obsessed with books; to an extreme extent in most cases. Her love of books equally rivaled her love for the art of combat and survival.

Eventually coming across a table that could seat several people; she pulled out one of the seats and made herself comfortable. Reaching inside her bad she grabbed the journal and ink quill she used to log various orders from her grandmothers clients and placed it on the table. Opening it and muttering an incantation, she flipped the pages till she reached the back where there was nothing but a blank page left and began writing.

Grandmother, are you there? The words she wrote seeped into the pages and vanished only to then have the ink start swirling and reforming as reply was received.

Yes child I’m here. Where are you? Are you done with your orders?

Yes I’m done. The last order was the chief medical officer. As thanks for our services he wanted me to deliver a package to you.

Ah that’s right, that old geezer had a connect I needed. About damn time he came through. Anyway be a dear and come to the shop. We have much to discuss regarding that package.

Elise took a deep breath and exhaled slowly as she wrote her reply. That’s not going to be possible at the moment. I’m currently in the kingdom of sands…

There was a long pause and then the next response appeared.

Explain.

The finality of her grandmother’s response let her know that she was beyond in trouble. And so she began to tell what had unfolded thus far.

Before leaving out he pointed to the exit to the back of the room for those who did not wish to use the window as a substitute. On his way to the throne room he found one of the guards and sent him ahead to announce his return home. The funny thing was he had only been gone this time for a couple of days since he teleported a lot to get to places faster these days. Normally he would have been gone for at least 30 days before coming home. As he was thinking on this he passed many on the servants, half human and half of them neko, each greeting him with a smile. Sometimes he wondered which of them actually liked serving his family and which were being forced to based on how they looked at him. The funny thing though is the ones being forced were those who wished to be warriors and fight but could no longer. His people were all warriors at heart but his father did not want to have anyone on a battlefield that was not capable anymore. Those being forced had the eyes of a warrior who had not lost their thousand yard stare just yet.

Finally he reached the throne room where his father King Maximus, his "mother" Queen Diana, and his two brothers Theo and Virgil were waiting for him. Unlike his brothers he was not born from the queen as he was born from Isis which made he his mortal mother. Lucky for him she loved and cared for him just like his brothers so he only felt love for the women. He was though curious to why his brothers were here when they normally would be busy with something. He got along with just like anyone would with their own siblings but Theo was constantly getting ready for when he takes the throne and Virgil was studying constantly so that he could become a good advisor for Theo.

"Hello everyone I bring word from our allies in the Cardinal Empire that they need aide due to the increase in monster attacks."

Veya didn't turn to the werewolf when he spoke , she merely stopped as she thought about it . She started contemplating a few things . Her thoughts seem to stir the other two a bit , they seem to become edgy as she stood there , one walking up to her and whispering " Mistress .....with all do respect .......i would advise against it ......we are in a human kingdom that just suffered an attack from a great beast ...would " he was interrupted by her turning around to the werewolf " No....we will not be following the that group ......though i do say that they are quite a strange arrangement for a group. I saw them at the palace , no doubt they have some sort of destiny or something.....by i do get the feeling we will run into them eventually but for now.....i guess you wish to sharpen up your skills " she said as she turned around again " we will have to go beyond the city gate for me to arrange travel for you .....since Breakpoint Bay is quite a while out , you will take a long time to get there . So once we are outside , i can show you just what we skurgion can do and what we can become .....however these to are quite against it but i don't really care because it will get us to Breakpoint Bay the fastest " she said with a smile over her shoulder before walk onward toward one of the gates .
scorpiodragon scorpiodragon
==============================================
==============================================

Ruby turned to the tortle and noticed the heat getting to him . If the heat effects him now while he was indoors how will it effect him outdoors . She smiled at the tortle as she nodded " Yes you may accompany me " she said as she started batting her wings , creating a cool gust of air so the tortle doesn't get cooked alive by the heat. She started walking with the tortle hopefully behind her . Admiring the decor as she walked towards the door that Horus pointed. When she opened the door the heat washed over her , she could just stand there for days.....well that might not work since citizens use this door . She walked out to embrace the warm sun . Letting the rays heat up her skin. Unlike humans , she won't actually get sunburn but she will give off a different type of sweat that chrysmorphs only give of in such high temperatures. The Chrysmorphs use this special type of sweat for medicinal products that literally take to the phrase sweat , blood and tears.....ironically that is the recipe for one of they products that requires this exact type of sweat .
Computing Magus Computing Magus

"Of course!" She exclaimed, giving Rovu a wink. After assisting Willow to her feet, Zhara reached into her pack and produced a gray water skin. "Oh, goodness, not that one." she giggle returning the skin to the pack, replacing it with a tan one. "I think water would treat you better, little one." Zhara smiled, handing the container to the elven girl. "Let us go into the city, shall we?" Casting her golden stare around the room at the other stragglers. "Whoever wishes is welcome to join us." After hoisting the pack upon her back, Zhara exited the the room and on out of castle not awaiting to see who would follow. Once out the gates Zhara examined the surroundings. A beautiful river ran through the city, dividing it from the castle, but accessible to cross via a magnificent golden bridge.

Zhara crossed over to the bridge and began to cross, she admired the sparkling water as it flowed beneath her and thought she might have to follow it's path at another time to see where it leads. On the other side, the city was a bustle with it's daily routine. Maneuvering through the streets, Zhara was taking in all the sights, sounds and smells of the merchants and entertainers. A particular group of dancers with a few individuals playing a set of odd instruments caught her eyes. The beautiful ladies were preforming a marvelous belly dance incorporating silk scarves. Approaching the spectacle, Zhara joined in with the other onlookers whom were clapping along to the tempo of the music, a huge smile on her face. Zhara was a lover of song and dance and this new style was appeasing to her and brought her much excitement.

Ruvo watched as Zhara helped Willow to her feet before mistakenly offering a gray water skin only to switch it out with a tan one which according to Zhara contained water. Ruvo didn't think much of the mix-up figuring the first one may have contained alcohol or some other beverage that Zhara had saved from the palace in Urdem Viventium.

Following the horned woman out of the large 'room' and then out of the palace the first thing Ruvo took note of was how hot it was. The increased temperature was noticeable indoors but having now taken some steps outside it was clear the heat was something else. It probably also didn't help that the avian bard didn't wear any sort of footwear and now had to walk atop the hot sands barefoot. The second thing he noticed was the magnificent golden bridge that allowed for passage over the river below which he figured was to represent the wealth and power of the royal family, but Ruvo couldn't help but feel that maybe it was a tad excessive.

Crossing over the bridge Ruvo was careful to keep out of the way of the various peoples in the bustling streets whilst taking in all the new sights and sounds. While he knew the pendant around his neck was supposed to keep people from mistreating him Ruvo still wasn’t sure how people would react to the sight of a some bird person roaming the streets. Among the streets Ruvo could see vendors selling foods and goods he had never heard of or seen before. The people in the kingdom wore outfits he figured were better suited for the hot environment than what he was wearing. The last thing that caught his attention while roaming the streets, however, was by far the most interesting to him and that was the sound of music and clapping filling the air. Approaching the spectacle alongside Zhara, Ruvo payed close attention to the instruments being played not caring as much for the dancer's performance. The instruments were not quite like anything he had seen before, but the sound they produced were quite unique and marvelous.

Mentions: Vasarra Vasarra TheCoRgiGaL TheCoRgiGaL

Willow unsteadily got to her feet, giving Zhara a small smile in thanks. She reached for the gray water skin, only for it to be snatched away with a hasty comment from the dragon girl. She reached back into her pack and produced a tan one and handing it to her. Willow sipped the water carefully, remembering all of the times her parents had told her not to gulp water when she was sick. Although that's exactly what she wanted to do now, the heat finally reaching her. Willow had never been too good with extreme temperatures and tended to complain as if someone could fix it. She sighed as she handed the water back to Zhara, half wishing she could keep it. Suddenly she exclaimed that they were going to go take a look around the city, and although the heat was bothering the elf already, she couldnt resist coming along with them. She wanted to explore as much as she could before they had to leave again.

"I'll come with you guys." Willow said softly, smiling. She followed them out into the blistering heat. Willow squinted against the harsh sunlight, the heat closing in on her.

'Make the most of it WIllow' the elf thought to herself glummly. She wouldnt have been any happier sitting in that room either. As she gazed around the first thing she noticed was a beautiful, sparkling river that looked so much more inviting because of the environment around it. A golden bridge closed the gap between this part of the city and the other, making it easy to cross the sparkling, flowing water. Although it may have been extremely hot here, she couldnt deny the amazing scenery. It was very captivating. A slight rustle made WIllow glance down into her bag where L.C. gazed up at her with big black eyes.

"Oh you poor thing, you must be so hot in there!" The elf exclaimed, picking him up gently and setting her little friend on her shoulder. As they crossed the bridge, Willow couldnt help but walk to the edge of the bridge and gaze down to the river below. She wondered what could possibly be underneath the current. As the small group reached the other side of the bridge, the small blond elf gazed admiringly at the city life. She had never been to a city herself except for the one she had met Ruvo and Horus in, but she didnt really count that one as she had been extremely fatigued and hungry, so she didnt really get to explore. As they walked though the streets, Willow dodging people with ease, they came across some dancers accompanied by a small band. Willow liked music and dancing just fine, although she didnt know much about either. As she noticed the band, she glanced over at Ruvo, smiling as she noticed his apparent interest in the instruments.

RatKing RatKing Vasarra Vasarra

"Really?" said the king. "That is concerning as I was aware the forces we sent to go deal with the increase in monster attacks would be enough." Horus was a bit surprised to hear that troops had already been sent. Since Titus seemed to not mention this it was most possible that even he didn't know about this. It really only made him wonder what was going on with these monster attacks. Monsters could be a problem every once in a while but from what Horus has seen they are attacking more often. At this rate they were going to have to find some way to stop this from happening otherwise every race in Doran is going to die out.

"Well father I hate to give you a message and leave but I have guest that I need to attend too," said Horus turning away heading to the exit.

"Hold on brother there is a reason that we all are here to see you," said Theo. "Father I think it is time that you told him the big news as you did with all of our countrymen." It was a very intriguing to Horus that there was some kind of big news that everyone knew except him.

"Oh yes, well my son I didn't want to worry you with this since you tnd to do as you please but now it is almost time for me to step down as king. As such I find it time to reveal to you and the people the truth that in fact you are first in line for the throne and the one true heir."

"What?!?!?" Horus was shocked to even hear those words when he was pretty sure that it could never be true. "No you must just be playing a prank on me father as that can't be possible." It was totally impossible that he was being told the truth when Theo was first in line. Even if something happened Virgil would after Theo in line for the throne so something was up.

"No my son this is not a prank, in truth your brothers had a different father who was a friend of mine who died in battle long before you were born. After that I married Diana and raised both of them up with Theo being my next heir until the day you were born. And you are in fact my only child related to me by blood so you have the right to take the throne according to our peoples laws. They have been both prepared to become your advisors so that you would not have any issues during your rein."

Horus was in utter shock because based on what he was hearing there was no kind of argument that he could give to get someone else to take the throne. He also knew that the only other way he could give up the throne and that was not ever going to work since someone from the kingdom of the sands would have to defeat him in mortal combat which no one would do since he is the strongest person in the kingdom.

Just go with it my son this is your destiny

"Ok well you can send a messenger when it is time then for now I have places to be." Horus wanted out of there fast because he did remember one of the other laws with taking the throne and he just did not want to here about it now.

"Mila find the others for me now."

"Yes master."

TheCoRgiGaL TheCoRgiGaL scorpiodragon scorpiodragon RatKing RatKing Vasarra Vasarra SilverSentinal SilverSentinal Computing Magus Computing Magus JayBird JayBird Ms. Sparrow Ms. Sparrow

Last edited:
Azrael Shuyin Cross-30.5 Yrs-Werewolf
Azrael watched as one of the male Skurgion spoke something in the female Skurgion's ears who was now his employer, turned away from him as went silent. He assumed she was thinking of something for she soon turned back to him and said it would take a while for him to get there to her homeland and that she had a faster way. Mentioning how they would need to leave this human capital in order to fully see what these Skurgion creatures were made of and how they would not be following that strange group but how she had a feeling they might run into them again made the werewolf shrug. He didn't really care though he still wanted the secret of liquid fire from that talking turtle. "Very well," said Azrael before grabbing a splintered bone and picking at his teeth, pulling out bits of flesh and fat before dropping the bone and following after the female Skurgion to the city gates, the wolf climbing back up the wall to retrieve his bag and then descending once again once he had it as he pulled his hood up to hide his face and kept his head down as he moved through the city streets.

SilverSentinal SilverSentinal

Kaudri Rahanyon-20 Yrs-Elf/Fairy
Kaudri and Coral had remained within the room where they were, the elf not really leaving the room as the others had done so. There wasn't a whole lot that interested him within the kingdom of sands and the hybrid didn't fancy going out in such extensive heat, instead keeping the sand wolf at his side and not dismissing it, the creature lying down beside him as the elf girl disappeared with the dragon and some others. Feeling the presence of something within his mind, Kaudri tilted his head as his face adopted a puzzled look.

Mazzush Boghol-80 Yrs-Half Orc
Mazzush had found a book on ancient herbal and medicinal practices that she had immediately decided on getting along with an ancient text on the histories of the arcane and ancient spells as well as a couple of blank journals and something called a two-way journal along with some food and a couple of knives these warriors used. They were quite useful and she was immensely glad she had come with these strange people. Mazzush was sitting on a bench under the heat of the desert landscape and pursuing her book on the arcane, not knowing where the others were and too enraptured with her book to currently bother looking for anyone.

Quinlan63 Quinlan63

Last edited:
Zhara was glad to see some of the others had decided to venture into the city as well and joined her among the crowd. Once the dance end, she tossed a couple of coins into the collection before addressing Ruvo and Willow. "That was wonderful!" She cast a glance down the streets of the city. "Are either of you need of anything? Or perhaps interested in window shopping?"

Thirteen-year-old Steve Freeling had found himself pushed into a crowd. It was a somewhat claustrophobic situation for the alienated boy. How did I get here? He knew how he'd gotten to this land of course. It was the crowd he wondered about. He'd taken a ride in his cousin Kiki's boat to make it across the ocean to the Kingdom of the Sands, a neighboring country when he'd decided to leave his home in the Valley of the Wind, a fairly small democracy run by a president who tried to be fair and just to all of his people, after a bad argument with a classmate who had ridiculed him for his height. The other school children apparently considered that Steve was much too tall for his age at a mere two inches shy of six feet tall; they made this all too clear every day at school. Steve had, in an uncharacteristic moment of rage, dubbed this particular boy a "dumb, fat, selfish bastard" and demanded to be left alone. Soon, the boy had run home to his mother and told her several lies, including that Steve had pulled out a knife. She had believed them and come to Steve's own mother Bertha with them. Bertha had refused to believe these things, calling this particular boy a liar and forcing his mother to leave.
Her exact words were, "Get the hell outta my house! You don't know what Steve has to go through and you just believe your son's lies so you don't get to go there!"
Steve knew because he'd found a hiding spot in the yard just so that he could listen to this particular argument. When it was over and the woman had left, Steve rounded up Stanley, the Golden Retriever nearly as old as himself. He had decided it was time to leave and that he caused his family too much trouble.
"Come on, Stanley. Let's go."
With that, they'd walked off into the night. After several hours, Steve had come to the ocean. He was known to be a good swimmer and even though he wasn't sure if he could swim all the way across the long ocean, that wasn't going to stop him from trying. He was all ready to jump into the ocean, tracksuit, white sneakers, white socks and all when he heard a voice calling to him.
"Steve?!" That was his cousin Kiki, as tall as himself, but a year older, with dark brown hair and green eyes. She had seen him.
"...huh? Kiki?"
"Were you going to try to swim across? Come on, I'll give you a ride in my boat. I know you haven't had any sleep. You had to walk a long way from home to get here and it's an even longer way across the ocean."
"Okay." Steve had known it was no use to argue with his cousin. Besides, he was pretty tired even now that he'd arrived in the neighboring country that was on good terms with his own; his short brown hair was a mess and his blue eyes were bloodshot due to a lack of sleep. He got into the boat and his dog followed, after which his cousin pushed her boat into the ocean before beginning to row.
"Sit still, Stanley. Behave yourself, okay?"
Stanley was known for being an obedient and well-behaved dog who followed Steve's instructions. He sat still throughout the ride.
"Has the other kids' teasing gotten to be too much for you? Why don't you tell Aunt Bertha and Uncle Zeek about it? I'm sure they would do something about it." Ezekiel, known to most by his nickname "Zeek," was Steve's father and the chief of police in the Valley of the Wind.
"They already know and they're doing as much as they can. I already cause them too much trouble. I'm ugly, stupid, unpleasant, and worthless. Who would want anything to do with someone like me? They'd be better off without me."
Kiki's jaw had dropped. "Do you really believe that about yourself? I hope you find some self-esteem while you're away because none of what you just said about yourself is true."
It was then that they had reached the shallows. It was daylight now. "I guess it's time for me to go. See ya later, Kiki." He had removed his socks and sneakers and stepped into the water. At his call, his dog followed him. Just as he'd arrived, a barrage of people had come behind Steve and his dog forcing both to move before they could do anything else. Even now his socks and sneakers were in his right hand since he hadn't been able to stop to do anything. The tracksuit he currently wore consisted of a red windbreaker with a white stripe on each sleeve, a white T-shirt with a red neckline, and red shorts. Steve wondered if it had been a mistake to not bring a change of clothes; he had just randomly left home, after all.
Out of the blue, a burly man who was considerably taller than Steve turned around and snarled, "What the hell are you doing here?"
"Excuse me?" Steve couldn't believe this was happening.
"You heard me. You're one of those dumbasses from the Valley of the Wind, aren't you?" So it's about xenophobia, then. I need to get out of this situation fast.
"Sir, I simply came here to visit. I don't und-"
"I don't care why! Your ass doesn't belong here!"
It was then that Stanley barked and snapped at the man.
"And shut that damn dog up!"
"Stanley, behave yourself."
The man suddenly lunged at Steve and laced his fingers around his neck. Stanley only barked louder.
"Why...? What... did I do... to... d...serve...th..." Steve attempted to remove the man's hands, which was somewhat futile with only one hand free even if he did have the strength for it.
"Don't even think about it, boy! Your life is over!" A wicked laugh escaped the man's lips. "And I want this damn dog killed!"
Women in the crowd began to yell, "Will someone please help this boy?! This man is trying to kill him!"
"Why...are you...doing...this to...me?" Steve managed between pained breaths.
"Because I want to take your life!" He bellowed with another black-hearted laugh.
"Someone, please help this boy! What this man is doing to him is wrong!"
"This boy was just minding his own business! You'll pay for this when the king finds out what you've done! Hurting an innocent child like this!" One woman yelled.
"Are...you...sure...you want...to keep...this up?" Steve pushed out between strained breaths, his left hand still plucking at the man's fingers.

Last edited:
A ruckus to the side tore Zhara's attention from her companions. "Hold that thought." First, the loud aggressive voice of man, followed by the bark of a dog, concerned her most. She would promptly come to the aid of a defenseless animal, much quicker than she would that of most people. Although the dragon could be a ferocious killer, abuse and mistreatment she did not tolerate, especially not to dogs, one of her favorite domesticated creatures. Zhara rushed to the area from where the shouts resonated, her steps quickened at the threat of the dog being killed.

Upon her approach, she noticed the dog was not in any immediate danger, but what she assumed was it's master, was very much so in trouble. Zhara did not often intervene with quarrels, but the man's demeanor along with the screaming women annoyed her and the boy seemed terribly helpless, all of which was distressing the dog. Approaching from the side, golden eyes smoldering, Zhara stood casually with one hand on her hip and the other hanging at her side.
"I would highly suggest releasing the boy." Her voice came calm, but firmly. Her aloof appearance betrayed her readiness to strike if the man so decided to not take her up on the suggestion.

Willow was about to point out to her friend that they had no use for windows at the moment before a commotion began somewhere a few feet away. Zhara immediately stopped their conversation and headed over to the noise which seemed to be escalating quite rapidly.

“Wait, where are you going?!” Willow called to the dragon girl, but decided to follow nontheless, looking back to make sure Ruvo was following. As they approached the scene, it seemed that a huge man was stangling a very tall young guy, his dog barking hysterically.

“Hey!” Willow called just as Zhara began to berate the man. Normally the elf girl wouldnt have thought twice about it, but for some reason this situation was different. Although Willow was quite small, she had barely been in enough situations to know when it was a bad idea to step in between someone.

She stormed over to the two, right by Zhara’s side and pushed the man a little to get his attention. It was difficult as the man’s and the boy’s bodies were quite close and she barely had enough room to shove the man, but she managed. She gave him an angry look, but she had to stare up at him to do so. Her tiny frame next to his was quite comical, but Willow was oblivious.

Hearing quickened steps behind her, Zhara looked over her shoulder and watched as Willow stormed past her to shove at the perpetrator. Unable to control her amusement towards Willow, a soft chuckle escaped her lips as she closed the gap between them and placed a hand on the elf's shoulder, gently pulling the dainty form to her side. "Perhaps, you stay by me little one." Her voice oddly comforting and protective for her usual temperament. Zhara assumed the man could not possibly be barbaric enough to hit a small girl, but then again his current actions with the young boy made her weary. He would die where he stands if he laid a hand on the elven child that the dragon had some how, in such a short time come to be fond of and found it her responsibility to protect.

The man released Steve, who then stood up straight on his two feet and caught his breath. His relief was shortlived, though.
The man let out yet another evil laugh and prepared to turn on the elf. "You're funny. Do you think you can take me on? You're gonna love what I'm gonna-"
Steve's eyes widened with rage. "Baaaasssstaaaarrrrd!" He punched the man in the chest with a left hook that would make even the Devil himself flee, though this man wouldn't be doing much fleeing just yet as he soon fell backwards with a loud thunk. Steve then padded barefoot to the man's side and braced his foot on the man's chest for good measure.
"I suggest you leave now and not cause any more trouble if you value your freedom. You were right. I am from the Valley of the Wind and my father is the chief of police. I think you forgot that your nation and mine are allies. All it takes for Dad to put out an international decree to have you arrested is for word to get back to the Valley that you attacked his son and then went to round on the two women who came to his aid." He removed his foot from the man's chest. "Leave at once."
"Zeek Freeling is your father? Oh, no! I can't go to prison! I'm not built for that crap!" With that, the man ran from the crowd. Stanley, seeing that the threat was eliminated, calmed down.
Once Steve's attacker had fled, he turned to his rescuers. "I'm Steve Freeling. Sorry about the ruckus. Thanks for saving me, though."
Vasarra Vasarra TheCoRgiGaL TheCoRgiGaL

Last edited:
With the performance having drawn to an end, Ruvo gave a hearty applaud as he wondered if there was anywhere in the kingdom where he could learn about the style of music here. Coincidentally it seemed that Zhara was interested in shopping and while Ruvo wasn't one to be wasteful with his money he couldn't deny that he would be interested in browsing the goods from the various stalls and vendors. However, before either he or Willow could answer the sounds of yelling, barking, and panicked pleas rung out from further up the street and Zhara quickly went to investigate much to the confusion of the two. After all it wasn't their duty to resolve conflict like this, surely there were some guards around.

Regardless if this was the case or not, however, with Willow also going to check what was going on Ruvo decided to follow along not knowing what to expect or how he could help. Coming upon the scene it appeared that some man was roughing up a boy in attire that clearly wasn't from the Kingdom of the Sands or really anywhere that Ruvo recognized. I guess this is what Horus meant about some of his people not being so fond of other races. With Zhara having arrived first it had seemed that the dragon lady had gotten the attention of everyone in the crowd and then much to the avian bard's surprise Willow had stepped in to separate the man and the boy.

With the two men separated and back on their feet their was a brief moment of silence as neither party was sure of what the other would do, but that silence was broken by a laugh let out by the man followed by a retort which was responded with a punch to the man's chest from the boy which was able to knock the man down onto his back. With a brief dialogue between the two involving the boy's father and position the man quickly fled in fear.

"Are you alright?" he asked when the boy came to thank Willow and Zhara hoping that he didn't get too roughed up and because Ruvo felt a tad guilty he didn't step in to aid the boy.

If Horus was rushing to get away from his father then he was literally flying across the ground when Mila told him something was wrong with Zhara and Willow. He wasn't really in a good mood right now so if he had to execute someone today it was going to be personally by his own hand. Lucky for the man who had been making trouble Horus showed up right at the end when he was running off from what looked like a good beating. That thought alone made him not send Mila after him so as to dispense his own punishment. As he got closer Ruvo, Zhara, Willow, and some boy wearing close he had never seen in his life before came into view. He was going to get closer to ask what had happened but someone in the crowd announced his presence to everyone. This normally would of been fine except they immediately started to kneel before him blocking his way.

"My people don't worry about me just go along your business no need to kneel," said Horus.

"But my lord we were all told that you were the rightful heir to the throne," said a man in the crowd. "It is only right to kneel before you as it is your right for us to show you respect."

"As that is you happen to be in my way so if you all would be so kind to get up and go about your business I would be ever so grateful." At this moment everyone got up and moved so that Horus and Mila could get passed them. Really he was going to have to do something about that but he knew the worst was yet to come.

"Hey is everyone ok, Mila detected that something was going on so I rushed right over."

TheCoRgiGaL TheCoRgiGaL Vasarra Vasarra RatKing RatKing Steve Freeling Steve Freeling

Users who are viewing this thread

Back