• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Choose Your Own Adventure

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Horus has been to many different places, met many different people, and gone to an untold number of tavern in his life, but he never thought he would find anything to top what he already saw. Urdem Viventium, the city of the living had to be one of the most interesting places he had been to. From the moment he arrived he had seen such a large city, even compared to his own home. The size wasn't the only thing but the people varied from any kind of race you could think of from humans to elves, even saw a couple succubi heading inside a tavern. And well yes if asked he would admit that last sight did prompt him to check the place out but he had only the curiosity of the tavern and not the succubi. The tavern in question was packed wall to wall with all different kinds of people. From the look of it though he must of walked into a place that most of the commoners must go to relax, have a drink, and have a good time. It also did have a couple people who were looked a little rough around the edges. He wasn't expecting any problems and normally he was strong enough to handle himself but he didn't like other to figure out he was a demigod all the time. Once he took a seat in the back he flicked his wrist conjuring up a companion for himself in on the seats next to him. Today he decided that he need someone capable but good at talking so his Sorcerous Lilith would do well.
66a9783fc70af746b845ab182400a049.jpg

"Well hello mater and where have you brought me this time?" she asked looking around. "Oh really, another tavern? I do love serving but couldn't you had picked one of your maids for this?"

"Lilith, really now must you always act this way when you know that your here to look pretty and if need be crush my enemies. Plus most of the time we have a couple drinks, talk, and look out for anyone that looks interesting. Besides I haven't seen you in a while and if I used my maids they would draw even more attention than I want to."

Horus called for a server to bring them each a drink and something good to eat while they relax. He had been on a long journey and spent way to much time for the last week getting into fights nonstop with no end in sight.

"Alright fine," she replied taking sip from her cup. "Well what are we looking out for this time? Anything you have in mind or are you just waiting for fate to guid you?"

"Well nothing comes to mind so I guess fate it is today."

scorpiodragon scorpiodragon Keybored Keybored Computing Magus Computing Magus SilverSentinal SilverSentinal Gaius Danius Griinia Gaius Danius Griinia Stimulus0response Stimulus0response RatKing RatKing

The journey from Nec-redarr to Urdem Viventium was long , hot and hard but they eventually made it . Ruby didn't really see why her parents would order her to go with the merchants caravan unless they want her to become a merchant .....but she highly doubts that . The Journey though long , hot and hard , it was also pleasant since she at least had company . The merchant who looked human but had the same bug eyes as all chrysmorphs and a pair of antennae sticking out of his head and 4 drider guards were fun to talk to and they would all agree it made the trip a bit faster . As far as this city went , merchants from other kingdoms could go to any market square and set up on any open plot...there are no reserve spaces for any merchant . They found theirs quick enough and set up the stall , the driders took their positions ,not in the way of the merchants business but close enough and in a way that no one could steal from the stall . Ruby looked around the stall to see what her wonderful home is selling to others , the selection was good , potion recipes , potion ingredients , potions , medical herbs and tools , dried fruits and jewelry" " well then fine merchant i guess you are all set .... oh and driders , please look after him while i am away , my parents told me to come along but they didn't forbid me from exploring " she said with a smile " Yes princess " the driders said and the merchant nodded at her .

Walking away from the lot with her double tipped spear resting against her back , she scanned the contents of the other merchants and was actually quite hungry from the trip . She bought a juicy red apple from a fruit cart and went on her way out of the market , flapping her wings and hovering above the ground while she munched on the apple . After a while she took flight and glided over the city and it really was large. She turned her attention to the beach and flew over to it , landing in the sand " Well now....the ocean looks far more beautiful in real life then in the books " she said as she kicked a bit of the sand while walking around the beach "i think i'll stay a while , the driders and merchant wont miss me and even in a large city like this i can still pick up their pheromones so .....no problem " she said as she sat down on the warm sand and looking at the crashing waves .

Urbem Viventium, the city of the living, capital of the Cardinal Empire, and probably as good of a place as any other to start his career. Upon entering the city, however, one thing was immediately apparent to the avian musician, the city was absolutely massive. He had heard the capital city was big but having hailed from a relatively small town he didn’t really know what to expect from a big city, but now he knew and it was all a bit much to take in. The grandeur of the city was also made just that more of a spectacle as the diversity in the denizens that roamed the streets was plain to see. There were races of all kinds, some of which Ruvo hadn’t even seen before.

Feeling a bit overwhelmed from his initial impression of the city the tengu pulled out a scrap of paper from a pocket in his backpack. It was a note with the name “Watering Hole Tavern” scrawled onto it. According to the innkeeper from the last town he had passed through the tavern was a popular spot and a good place to get to know others. Not having of much any other idea of where else to go to in the city and after a little bit of asking around he managed to make his way to the tavern and entered the establishment.

The place was fairly packed and there was a whole menagerie of races present within the tavern’s walls. Looking for a place to sit that was a bit distanced from all the commotion and bar Ruvo spotted a rather regal looking man with golden accessories hanging about on his body and a woman with white robes and red hair sitting in the back with some open seats near them. The two, especially the man seemed to have an air of importance about them but then again if they were in a tavern with patrons that were very much diveresed then maybe they wouldn't mind if someone like him sat near them. “Couldn't hurt to at least ask I could sit back there” he thought to himself as he approached the two.

“Excuse me, is it alright if I sit here?” he asked pointing at a seat one over from Horus.

Quinlan63 Quinlan63

Mentions: Ruby (( SilverSentinal SilverSentinal ))

The sun blazes, but for some reason, it does not faze him as warmly as he remembers. The Tortle begins to wonder a lot of answers, such as if the pain is making him disillusioned, or the coldness of the sea crept up to his essence. From miles away, many can see a slow moving reptilian with a hard turtle shell slowly trek across the sands, coming seemingly out of nowhere. Flotsam made his way and continued on as soon as he saw a strange assortment of stones across the horizon. Was this the towns the elders spoke of? There was only one way to find out. However, he was too exhausted. At any moment, the Tortle could collapse.

However, a person rests upon the seaside and they looked human enough. The description fit perfectly, from their lithe tall figures to the colors of their being. There was no mistaking it, quite absolutely; this can only be a human. He needed to communicate with it quickly. He wanted a place to stay, but he know not how to find them. He only needed the hospitality that these humans might give like how his people would care for anyone who was sick and needy. The Tortle amplified his pace, but it was unnoticeable as he still appears to be sluggish as he runs. This was it, he was in safety. However, the Tortle suddenly stopped and sat to catch his breath, and to think. It felt very humiliating to commune to them in his state like this, but of course his needs should matter most. But, still! Asking a stranger for assistance was an embarrassing idea. The worst he could do once he finally arrives to meet his new allies. But no, the conflict of a need and his humility could throw him into a tantrum, but then he decided, that he really needed to talk, and put aside as much as he could on his unwillingness to talk.

The human looked to wear bright colors of clothing, blue and bright like the sun shining upon sand under the coast line sea, like the ones near him now. The dark colors were usually reserved for the battle-hardened members of his culture, but these only add to the elegeancy of the lady human. What a pretty being, he thought. No use staring, Flotsam realized as his walked slowed to a stopped and he was just admiring her from a distance. With again a new burst of energy through reconciled decisions, the Tortle finally made his way towards her. He holds onto his driftwood as if in dear life, his whole personage shaking uncontrollably from the pain.

"... E-Excuse me, madame. I seek hospitality, hack hack, and I really feel faint. I hope I bother you not." the Tortle said as much as it could, coughing dryly and heavily as he did, then takes a few steps back to give the human lady some space.

Last edited:
Terui sat in the back of the wagon to Urbem Viventium with his arms behind his head. Next to him was his companion Elaine, who was reading a travel guide on the city they'd be visiting. "Supposedly the city was built by Giants in the ancient times" said Elaine as she pushed up her reading glasses. Terui gave her a simple nod as he watched the countryside roll by. They had business in the city and had paid a few coppers to hitch a ride on this wagon. The driver had made a few suggestive comments toward Elaine, though she soon put him in his place. When she wasn't being a smartass, she could be very savage.

"Ooooooh... they even have a store dedicated to the freshest of fruit and vegetables!" Elaines eyes lit up at the sight of the little drawing in the travel guide. When it came to her eating habits, Elaine was VERY particular about what she liked. Though one would not know from looking at her, Elaine was in fact a Unicorn. The ability to disguise herself was thanks to her natural gift for magic. Years ago he had freed her from poachers who were hunting Unicorn horns. As thanks, she joined him on his journey.

Terui then felt Elaine nudge him. Turning his gaze to outside of the wagon, Terui saw their destination in sight. The city of Urbem Viventium was just as large and beautiful looking a Elaine had been telling him, despite the fact that they had never been there been there before. Dropping the pair off in front of the gates, the wagon driver stopped to let his oxen drink. With Elaine following him, Terui walked up to the guard at the gate. When asked for identification, Terui produced fake papers that acted as his way in. The guard obliviously allowed them inside the city. Terui pulled out his map and pointed out their next destination.

"The Watering Hole Tavern?... bit on the nose isn't it?" asked Elaine as she blew her hair from her eyes. Terui gave a grunt and forged on towards the taverns location. According to their intel, a member of Shade worked as a bartender there. Elaine was easily distracted by the multicultural nature of the city and walked off a few times. Pulling her along, Terui arrived at the tavern. Entering, he sat at the bar and made an order.

"I'll have a pint... not even the SHADE could stave off that heat outside"

Last edited:
The hinges of the old, cellar doors squeaked in protest as they opened but a few inches. Held close together by the chain locked around the handles. It was times like these that the potential of a soft, malleable body came in handy. Eppon allowed herself to lose shape, turning into a gooey puddle seeping in between the cellar doors. The old wooden stairs made no noise as she flowed down the steps. Like a river going downstream. A river attempting to find a hideout. Shelter from the heat of the sun. What better than a cool, slightly damp cellar to regain her natural moistness?

With no need to seep into cracks any longer, Eppon allowed herself to regain shape. A gelatinous humanoid shape. A rough copy of what she’d learned human females to be like. Except for the pink color, lack of skeletal structure, or skin. Hair was also recreated by gelatin. Deep black eyes with white pupils stared out into the darkness of the cellar. Inspecting the surroundings to get an impression of what kind of building she’d snuck into. Kegs, crates, sacks. Some kind of storage?
Curiosity sparked she made her way over to one of the larger kegs. ‘Property of W.H. Tavern.’ She couldn’t make out what the writing meant, but there was something stuck in the woodwork. Was that supposed to be there? Placing her hand on the large cork, enveloping it with the gelatin before tugging at it. Stuck. Good reason to get curious. With her hands being unable to pull it out, she resorted to a different tool and opened her mouth wide. Revealing a black, slimy void matching the color of her eyes. Within the center of the darkness a small glint pierced through.

The metal tip of something old, and twisted. Her hidden weapon. A twisted lance, which shot forward and pierced the cork. Drilling into it. The acid clinging to the lance burned through the cork. Setting free the ale kept within. Seeping out of the keg and onto the cold stone flooring. Partially being absorbed into Eppon’s mass, enough to fill a few pints. She backed off, retracted the lance back into her mass. Watching the keg run empty and part of the floor turn into an alcoholic’s dream pool. “That is… bad…

Last edited:
It was a pleasant day for traveling, the tall and elegant humanoid having left his hut in a few weeks prior, traversing via foot and by wagon, his fairy dragon curled up around his shoulders. Certainly much better than the rains three days past that had shrouded the lands in fog. The wagon he was resting on finally came to the path leading to the gates of the human capital, a city of impressive size and center of the Cardinal Empire. Urbem Viventium, a city he had been to once in his life as a child, it seemed to have only grown since many years had passed. “You getting off here or continuing on the wagon?”

The gruff voice of the dwarf driver reached his ears and he glanced around him at the caravan of wagons, carts and travelers on foot coming through and streaming behind the wagon. Grabbing his bags and sliding sliding off the edge of the washing seat, he landed on the ground and fished out a few pieces of gold and copper coins which were passed over before stepping aside and letting the wagon pass. Reaching into the right pocket of his brown pants, he pulled out his traveling papers and turned towards the gates, the towering walls concealing the inner workings of the capital that lay beyond, Kaudri falling easily into step behind what appeared to be a young man apprenticed out to someone within the city.

When he got to the guard, he showed his papers, Coral poking his head out from underneath Kaudri’s hair and staring at the guard. The elf-fae hybrid patiently waited on a decision but finding no fault with the papers was allowed entrance. Retrieving them, Kaudri tucked them back into his pocket and headed through the gates into the city, coming upon the lower section where he was met with shacks and huts interspersed among run down shops and large homes in disrepair, homes that he quickly found out were crammed full of the poor. Asking around, Kaudri soon found he had been set upon one of the side gates where the poor of the city were housed.

Walking through the milling people and beggars, children in grimy clothes and various states of unkemptness running about through the stream of adults and visitors, Kaudri picked his way through the crowded and dusty streets, until he came to a better area. It had probably taken him a good hour or two but he hadn’t run into thieves or other sorts who might wish the stranger harm. Glancing down at himself, he realized he should have used his magic to keep his clothes free of dirt and dust but hadn’t expected to be dropped off at the poor area of the city. He would need to change and the best place to do that was by renting a room somewhere for a few gold pieces if he wanted to live in luxery though anyplace where he’d have even a pallet on the floor was okay. Inquiring with a few various people, he was told of a tavern that might have rooms available, a placed called the Watering Hole Tavern. If not he could find the temple where the priest and workers would take in travelers who needed a place to stay.

From there it didn’t take much longer to reach the tavern, the streets and people better off as he moved further into the city. Looking around for any signs of the establishment in question, he soon found a sign and a dryad disappearing into the place. Curious as why a spirit of the forest would be entering a tavern, he followed the woman within and was met by a huge gathering of people whom filled the place end to end, tables scattered throughout. A hearth stood against one wall and there was a long counter with what smelled like a kitchen behind the shelves of glasses and various bottles of alcohol.

Not seeing the dryad upon entering, Kaudri looked around for somewhere to sit, surprised at the multitude of different races gathered here, let alone within the city. Spotting a seat at the bar, he dropped his bags, one full of wares to trade and the smaller of clothes. Coral scrambled off his shoulders and settled himself down on the bags as Kaudri asked for a menu.

Last edited:
Horus had been nursing his first drink trying to stay as sober as possible while checking everyone out in the tavern. So far no one was really drawing his attention to him. Yeah there were plenty of people but no one that seemed interesting enough to talk to. He almost wanted to give up and leave to find an inn to stay at for the night. Of course that was hours from now and the day was still relatively young. Lilith was also starting to become bored herself since she hadn't gotten the chance to light something on fire, which she loved to do.

"Master, look over there," Lilith said pointing to the door. "I think someone to your liking might have walked in?" Looking over a large bird -like man, a tengu, had walked in looking for somewhere to sit. Horus had never really had the chance to meet many tengu as all the ones he have encountered for some reason all served someone and were never allowed to speak. This one on the other hand did not just look different but seemed to be free all to himself. Before either of them tried to get his attention e walked right up to them and asked if he could sit with them.

"Why not?" he said to the tengu. "Take a seat and relax my friend. In fact I'm feeling good today so why don't you order anything you like and I'll pay for you."

"Yes please join us sir so that my master doesn't die from boredom," Lilith chimed in.

"Really come on Lilith," Horus responded. "That's how you scared off the last person who wanted to join us a month ago in Scipio for drinks. Please don't mind her, she's just mentioning how I normally love to converse we people I find interesting and was about to leave since I seemed to have not found anyone who has peaked my interest. Well besides you that is."

RatKing RatKing

Ruby despite the heat felt no ill will towards it . As a hatchling she remembers many days that were far hotter then this one but of course Nec-redarr lies in the east where the heat can become a dangerous companion if not prepared for it . She look over the sea , imagining how it felt to swim in the deep blue.....well without the threat of currents and sea predators ......it was an amazing thought to her but the problem was her wings , beautiful and delicate and would take hours to dry off . She finished the apple completely and stood up with the help of her spear but not before hearing someone talking near her . Turning over she at first thought it was a monster but her senses quickly took hold of her mind " Oh my ....what is wrong " she said as she walked closer to the creature , she couldn't really believe it , it was a Tortle , where she is from they are usually regarded as the legends of the sea . " Come ...lets at least get you to some shade " she said as she helped the Tortle uphill and over to a large enough tree with shade " wow...that was harder then i though but i guess you would have gone up that hill all the same " she said as she opened her beautiful bug like wings and flapped them as fast as she could , creating at least a cool enough breeze for both of them " I never thought i would ever see a Tortle , never mind speak to one and help one , your kind is a legendary in our city......well i think your kind is legendary in every city " she said as she shook her head " but there would be time for that later .... you need help now , what can i get you , just name it and i'll flew right over to the market and get it for you " she said as she waited for the response

Computing Magus Computing Magus

The large keg continued to spill onto the flooring. A large pool steadily increasing in size as Eppon stood by and watched it all happen. She was spacing out a little. Staring at the liquid while her mind was starting to feel fuzzy. Affected by the alcohol. “How to stop…” the concerned slime murmured to herself, glancing around the cellar in a somewhat sluggish manner. She spotted her salvation in one of the cellar’s corners. A large rag. The fabric had been draped over a few aged barrels. Clinging on to the fabric Eppon dragged it along to the leaking keg. Stuffing the cloth into the hole. Blocking off the stream of liquor.
The next step would be to inform people. Even though she was technically a ‘monster’ in the eyes of most, her intoxicated thoughts had no objection against going out in the open. After all, there were plenty of noises coming from upstairs. There had to be someone there who could help. Leaving the plugged up keg be, Eppon made her way up the stairs that seemed to lead to another floor. Bumping into the door at the top with a loud thud. Closed. She placed her hands onto the doorknob and clutched tight. Pulling at the door with all the might she could muster. “Stop it…” She murmured at the door, expecting it to be convinced by her words, “Open now!

A menu was dropped on the counter before him, Kaudri looked over the menu for some time until he decided on seasonal berries with wine as his drink and fish stew with bread and some pork for Coral with honey. When a person behind the bar took his order, he asked if there was somewhere he could temporarily clean up and was told there were washrooms in the back. Getting to his feet, he left Coral there and was making his way back when when he passed by the cellar. A voice could be heard from the other side of the door and he frowned before detouring and opening the door....a glob of something or other on the other side. Keybored Keybored

D-did I hear that right? Did he just offer to pay for anything I order to eat or drink? He thought to himself hardly believing the generosity this stranger was offering him when all he had done was ask if he could sit next to the two. Though judging from their conversation it seemed that the act of kindness may be due to the man finding him ‘interesting’ and hoped that he would stay and stave off his boredom with some conversation which admittedly was a bit strange and off putting. “That would be great, but you don't have to pay for my food. I mean I just met you and I’m not sure I’d be able to pay you back for your kindness” he say not being completely comfortable with taking the man’s offer as he set his backpack down on the floor and took a seat. If Horus or Lilith looked carefully they would spot the top of Ruvo's lute sticking up from the main compartment of the bag.

Quinlan63 Quinlan63

Horus was a bit surprised but not upset that the tengu did not wish to accept his generous offer. If anything this made him pleased to meet someone different enough who doesn't jump at the chance to take advantage and buy everything in sight. Yeah of course he could pay for anything since he wasn't light on coin but it was nice to find someone who didn't just want some food and drink then leave without a word.

"Really? Well if you're sure then but my offer still stands. Oh I'm sorry how rude of me I didn't introduce myself," he said taking a swig from his mug. "I am Horus Cain, third prince of the land of sands and this," he said pointing to Lilith. "Is one my summons the Sorcerous Lilith."

"NIce to meet you good sir," said Lilith giving him a nice smile. "I can see from your bag that you have some sort of string instrument. Would you happen to be a bard of some kind?" That was interesting since so far as Horus had seen there was a lack in bards, let alone any kind of musicians in town. Of course that might just because they just arrived today and hadn't been there long enough to know.

RatKing RatKing

Had the door complied with her demands? No, not at all. A man had opened the cellar door from the other side. Tall, slim, dark brown hair. Eyes with far more depth and color than her own. Eppon gazed at the person opposing her in the doorway as she hung on to the open door. Somewhat starting to lose her shape as the intoxication made it increasingly harder to focus. “Hello… can you help?” Despite her state she was still fully capable to express her need for assistance.
Letting go of the door she made an effort to regain her humanoid shape and reached out a gelatinous hand. A greeting she knew to be common among humans. Though, she didn’t quite remember if humans had features alike this person. Nevertheless, she waited. Her hand stretched out and blankly staring at the man’s facial features.
scorpiodragon scorpiodragon

“I’m Ruvo Steelfeather, and it is nice to meet you both” he said in response to their introductions and greetings.

So I was right about thinking there was something regal about him, he’s a prince! But what was a prince doing in a place like this? And what did he call his companion? A summon? What did that mean exactly?

Taking him out of his lines of thought was the question from Lilith regarding the instrument tucked away in his bag that was now peeking up from the top of the bag. “Oh, why yes I guess you could say I am” he excitedly said as he reached down to his backpack and pulled out the lute. “I could play something for you if you would like, though it may be a tad loud in here for it.”

Quinlan63 Quinlan63

Mentions: Ruby (( SilverSentinal SilverSentinal ))

The human's worrying questions and inquiries were naught but a blurry oration that merges well along with the fazing aches that made Flotsam not make any sight distinctly visible, but nonetheless, he can understand them enough to nod along with her helping grace, climbing uphill to rest more appropriately under the shade. The Tortle was silent, only to follow whichever the human deemed a good procedure of operation. As soon as she asks what he needed, he felt worse by the second but could still vocalize anything that came to mind.

"... a place of rest. I feel exhausted. I implore once more, I require assistance." was all the Tortle could muster, shaking uncontrolably as he holds onto the driftwood cane for physical support, and the tree behind him to rest his shell upon. The human was as careful as a mother, but they were still of a different appearance and tact than anything that Flotsam has ever seen, not knowing to expect the more he stays, unflinching when the human sprouted wings believing it was of a common trait among them. He understood little of what the human said, talks of markets and cities being outright unknown language. It was a miracle to even understand this human, the Tortle thought slowly as he reclines himself for more comfort on the ground.

Had the door complied with her demands? No, not at all. A man had opened the cellar door from the other side. Tall, slim, dark brown hair. Eyes with far more depth and color than her own. Eppon gazed at the person opposing her in the doorway as she hung on to the open door. Somewhat starting to lose her shape as the intoxication made it increasingly harder to focus. “Hello… can you help?” Despite her state she was still fully capable to express her need for assistance.
Letting go of the door she made an effort to regain her humanoid shape and reached out a gelatinous hand. A greeting she knew to be common among humans. Though, she didn’t quite remember if humans had features alike this person. Nevertheless, she waited. Her hand stretched out and blankly staring at the man’s facial features.
scorpiodragon scorpiodragon

Kaudri could tell this creature was not of the earth just be looking at it. It did smell slightly like alcohol as it somehow formed words and asked if he could help while staring at him. The hybrid wished his mother or aunt were here at this moment though it looked nothing like faery nor the different types of nymphs his aunt had spoken of. Nor was it the dryad he had followed inside. Somewhat startled when she spoke to him, asking if he could help he shook his head in bewilderment.

“That depends on what it is,” Kaudri said. As the glob of something shifted to take on a more humanoid appearance, she...it...stuck out a hand. Kaudri’s gaze dropped to it before reaching out and shaking it, the texture feeling weird on his skin.

she nodded as she started hovering "i'll be right back , i promise " she said as she dashed off into the air . She thought about what the Tortle asked , the only place she could think off was an inn but she didn't have time to find one herself . Stopping by the market she instantly went for the cart and looked through the trunks as she found a keg full of water . Jumping off and walking over to the stall " You 2 driders , i need assistance " she said as the driders looked at her " What are your orders Princess " one asked as she looked stressed " I need to know if there is a tavern near the west gate " she asked quickly as the other drider replied " There is one a short distance away from the west gate that i noticed ....I think it was named the Watering Hole " the drider said . She nodded as she looked at them " ok you go and pay for a room , lounge , whatever , reserve it if you can " she said as she gave the drider her money so she wouldn't have to use her own " that is the last of my money and it should be enough .....now you , exit the west gate and turned left towards the beach , you'll find me by the tree , i need your help with something " She said as she flew of again " Yes Princess " they said as each of the 2 driders went where they were suppose to go .

(At The Watering Hole Tavern)

After a short while of running across the streets and building like a hungry spider , the drider had finally made it . Like a spider it didn't take much for her large form to get through the door but luckily the tavern was spacious enough for her to comfortably move without bumping into someone . She the drider made i's way to the bar and looked at the barman , she assumed that he was the owner " Greetings , Princess Ruby Tesarr of the Kingdom of Nec-redarr as ordered me to rent a room or any free space you have " the drider said as the man looked over at her , almost dropping the mug " Wow .....you driders are bigger then described .....sorry to say but all rooms have been rented already but you can rent the lounge spot there , it's big enough for 2 driders and is as luxurious as you can get in this place .......only question is , can you afford the cost of 200 gold coins " the guy asked as the drider took the coin purse that Ruby gave her , taking out the proper amount and dropping in on the counter as the drider walked over to the reserve spot but not to sit , only to wait .

(At the tree to the Tavern)

She finally reached the Tortle again and opened the keg for him " You must be near death thirsty " she said as she handed him the keg but saw the weakened state so she helped him drink the water that wasn't to cold but it also wasn't hot , it was sort of just the right temperature. After she had helped him with the water , she waited for any sign of the drider and luckily she didn't have to wait long before the drider ran over " Ok , get him up , he said he needed a place of rest , i can think only of a tavern so that is where we are going so come " she said as the drider helped him up and supported the Tortle on one side while Ruby tried supporting the other side and began walking with the tortle . After a long trip they finally made in and the driders helped him into the lounge with Ruby not to far " Thanks driders ....you may head back to your posts " she said as the driders looked around the tavern , quite suspicious of everyone " As you wish princess " the driders said and left but not before the one drider gave her back her remaining gold . She turned to the tortle but didn't speak , letting the big guy get his rest in as she looked at everyone else at the tavern

Computing Magus Computing Magus (and everyone else that is in the tavern)

Horus thought Ruvo was about it being a bit loud for him to play now. He took another look around and could see that a lot had happened without him noticing. A women with some kind of large turtle like person (a tortle maybe) came in and a little earlier before that he swore in the corner of his eye he saw a spider like person (I think they are called driders). That combined with all the other patrons who have been coming in and out have resulting in the place being unfit for any kind of performance right now. Horus could of summoned someone to quiet the place down but he wasn't the ind of person to ruin everyone else's day just to hear some music.

"No that's fine," said Horus. "I'm pretty sure the perfect moment to hear you play will come at some point an I have nowhere to go for the time being so I'll be around." Horus was not bond to anything right now in his life so he was able to go as he pleased.

"Master?" asked Lilith. "Now that you aren't alone is it ok if you would send me away for the time being. I was in the middle of something when you summoned me and I need to get back."

"Really..." Horus sighed. "Fine I can just have someone else take your place for you." At the snap of his fingers Lilith vanished from where she sat and was replaced with another women.

__mordred_and_mordred_fate_grand_order_and_fate_series_drawn_by_ohako_ohako1818__sample-67e3e4...jpg

"Hey Scarlet this is Ruvo, Ruvo this my summon Scarlet Bloodfang one of my most favorite swordswomen."

"Hey there," she said. "Why am I here exactly? We don't seem to be in battle right now."

"No were not but I just wanted to increase the number of company at the table and Lilith had something to do. Besides I know you never would turn down a drink," he said placing mug in front of her.

"Alright fine I'm in," she replied taking a long swig of ale from the mug. "Yeah gotta love the good stuff."

"Hey so what was your reason for coming to the city?" he asked Ruvo. Horus loved to listen to people talk about themselves and their lives.

RatKing RatKing (Mention: SilverSentinal SilverSentinal Computing Magus Computing Magus )

Last edited:
“That’s alright” he said looking back at all of the latest patrons to enter the tavern. There was a couple of intimidating individuals with the lower half a spider and the upper half of a human. Soon after a female looking human had entered with a tired looking turtle creature being helped over to a reserved area of the tavern.

“I’m sure I could play something for you later if I meet with you sometime again” he said before Lilith was desummoned and a different woman was summoned by Horus to take her place. Huh, I guess ‘summon’ means that these woman are people he maybe transports to his location with some kind of magic, still a bit weird how he is using them to just have more company when they are doing stuff before they get summoned.

“Oh, well I guess I came to the city to start my career as a musician” he said surprised the prince was interested in his purpose for coming to the city. “I figured a big city would be a good place to start, but this whole place has been more overwhelming than I thought it would I’ll be honest” he said setting his instrument down on the table.

Quinlan63 Quinlan63

Being away from home was something everyone had to experience. It was inevitable, whether that departure be for a night or for the rest of someone’s life. Some people would kill to have their own place and do whatever they wanted whenever they wanted, while others found that they needed to stay with their family in order to live normally. Willow found herself caught between the two. Her mind was the former, her experience with the world the latter. Ever since she had run away from home she had begun to regret it. Her pride deterred her from going back to her parents, begging for their forgiveness and going back to the life she had always known. That was about it though. Her spirit had been crushed about a few weeks back when she had tried to hunt a rabbit on foot with only the poison dagger she had stolen from her father, only to fall flat on her face, scraping her cheek on a nearby twig and bleeding quite terribly. Now she stood in the blazing sun, relief evident in her features as she gazed up at the city she had stumbled upon. It was bustling with creatures big and small, beautiful and.. well.. not. She wouldve stood and stared at everything all day, as there was so much to take in and she had never been to a city in her whole life. Nowhere in her whole life really. But her hunger, thirst, and overall weariness had taken over, and now she just wanted somewhere to rest. She could feel a few people staring, and she did her best to hold her head high and keep up appearances. Her eyes landed on a small tavern a few feet away, and she made her way towards it. She tried not to look desperate but she did a terrible job at hiding it. Her mother had always said she was an open book. She opened the door and stumbled in, taking a seat at the first empty seat she saw. Sighing, the elf rested her head gently on one of her hands, and with the other she called over a waiter.
“Just give me some water and blueberries please.” Willow said brashly, and the waiter, after giving her a nasty glare at her attitude that she didnt catch, walked away to fetch her the desired dish.

The bartender turned her gaze toward Terui and frowned. Putting down the filled tankard, she watched as Terui drained it. "Some carrots for my companion would be much appreciated as well... I'll be able to tell if you poison them so don't try" said Terui as he lowered his voice. Elaine was on edge, she could tell that the two of them could go at it at the drop of a hat. However for now, Terui acted like a regular customer. When she brought the carrots, Elaine dug into them with fervent hunger. As far as the unicorn could tell, these were normal carrots. They weren't as fresh as she'd like but they didn't have a hint of anything toxic or poison in them. "They're pretty good" said Elaine as she finished her third carrot.

"Good, you listened. Now I won't make a scene, I don't want them involved with this. Just tell me when your next break is so you and I can get to business" Terui said as he slid over a silver coin to cover their food and drink. Picking up a menu, Terui ordered a nice little quiche dish. When it arrived, the bartender told him that she could break in five minutes. Taking this time to enjoy his food, Terui looked around the tavern. Next to them at the bar was an Elf, a rather pretty Elf at that. In the corner at a table were a birdman and a man brimming with ancient power. If it weren't for his mission, he might have joined them. Just then, the bartender returned and Terui followed her outside.

Making their way to a secluded area, the bartender pulled a knife on Terui. "Who are you?! How do you know of Shade?" asked the bartender as she postulated with her knife. With one swift kick, Terui knocked the knife into the stone wall. "Very well.... I can't let you escape... so I MUST DESTROY YOU" Her voice distorted as she began to change. Alchemic patterns appeared on her skin and her flesh began to shift as she turned into something less than human.

"Now pitiful human garbage... how do you know the name Shade?" asked the creature as obliterated the tree next to it with a single strike. The flecks of wood bounced off Terui's chest harmlessly, he showed no fear. Growling at him, the creature used one of its retractible whip arms to strike at Terui. Ducking under each attack, Terui punched it in the gut. The creature stumbled back and coughed up blood. Falling onto its knees, the creature sneered at him. "Who are you?!" it screamed as Terui pulled something out from his coat. It was a mysterious buckle, placing it against his waist a belt formed around it.

Thrusting his arms out to the left in an acute fashion, Terui then repeated the same action with opposite arms. "Rider...... HENSHIN!" said Terui before the buckle opened up and began absorbing magic from the surroundings. Wreathed in an aura of mystical wind, Terui blows the wind aside to reveal his identity to her. "No.... you're...." said the creature as its voice cracked. Raising a finger to the heavens, he told her his name. "Armored Rider...Yuiitsu" said Terui as he did a little finger twirl.

Mentions: Quinlan63 Quinlan63 RatKing RatKing TheCoRgiGaL TheCoRgiGaL

Attachments

• 1547439994634.png
    1547439994634.png
    128.7 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
Horus was impressed by Rous', not many people nowadays would even think of trying to become a musician without some kind of family background or a benefactor who would support them. He might of helped him out himself but from the way he declined on just having him pay for food and drink he was sure he wouldn't want that either. Besides it would be great to see someday that Ruvo becomes one of the greatest musicians of all time, well assuming he is good that is. His choice of city to start in was good though since from what little he knew many come from far and wide to perform to large crowds.

"Well I wish you luck in your endeavours my friend," Horus said. "Luckily you don't live by the blade or your life would of been in the hands of my mother the war goddess Isis." Horus had always been a little upset with his mother for all the things she put him through. All he wanted to do was travel the world, meet new and interesting people, and maybe get married someday. But of course every once in a while she would contact him with some kind of task. He for the life of him could not figure out why because the didn't always make sense.

"As for myself I'm just traveling the world and this city just happened to be my next stop."

"Master look over there," Scarlet said pointing to an elf girl who looked drained. "Wanna do that thing again?"

"Sure why not it will be fun to see how she reacts." Horus called over the server and asked what the elf had ordered. It just happened to be perfect as it was such a small order. After paying the server for doubling her order and also getting her some wine he let the server off with orders to tell the elf who payed for the extras. Well not before giving them a nice tip for doing this for him.

"Alright everything is set now we just," Horus said.

RatKing RatKing TheCoRgiGaL TheCoRgiGaL

As she waited on her food, Willow realized just how much cooler it seemed in the tavern. A nice chill settled over the elf’s skin, and she relaxed a bit. It was so much better than that blasted heat outside. Sighing, she closed her eyes. The constant chatter and scattered clinks of silerwere began to melt into a soothing, dull background noise as her mind faded off into a comforting blackness. It hadnt been even ten minutes before she was rudely awakened again by the waiter who, still a bit disheveled from her earlier attitude, set the dishes and drinks down with a sharp clang. Willow blinked slowly at what had been set down in front of her, eyeing the extra blueberries and the glass of wine with distrust. Then she slid her gaze over to the retreating waiter.
“Excuse me,” she said groggily, her mind still obssessing on the small nap she had taken, “I never ordered...um...this.” She glanced down at her food again because technically she had ordered the blueberries and water. Letting out a pained sigh, the waiter came back.
“Ah right. Apologies. I was meant to inform you that the gentleman over there,” he nodded his head slightly somewhere behind her. Twisting so she could see the stranger who had done this kind service, she layed her eyes on a dark haired man who was sitting a few seats away from her, “payed for your meal, as well as treat you to a few extra items.” He said this as if talking down to her. He believed she didnt really deserve them, but if thats what it took to get payed under the table, he wouldnt complain. Willow, however, was paying no attention to him. She stared curiously at the stranger. She wasnt even aware she had to pay for anything! Relief washed over her as she realized that man had saved her from being thrown in jail. At least thats what she supposed wouldve happened... Willow turned back in her chair, sipped the wine (a bit faster than she should have- she had never had any before), and slowly got up. Grabbing the blueberries, she took them with her to greet the strange man. As she got closer, she could feel herself begin to blush. Whether it was the wine she had ingested quickly or because she realized how attractive he was, she wasnt sure. Still, she made her way over to him, all the while hungrily shoveling the berries in her mouth. When she reached the table, she had finished the whole thing.
“Thank you for saving me from jail.” Willow said, a bit more confident than she felt. She wouldve never usually done this, but her fatigue threw her modesty (if you would call it that) out the window.

Quinlan63 Quinlan63

Users who are viewing this thread

Back