• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Chimera Project

I know with the holiday season, everyone is busy, I don't expect a whole bunch of activity. Just an update, that all of the posts and junk are set up (if anyone can think of any improvements please let me know!) and I'm super excited to begin roleplaying with you all! 

And also that I am still looking for more civie/royalty/doctors/ and soldier type characters so if anyone is at all interested in those please let me know!

(The chimera project will more than likely expand as we get that roleplay going, so those spots wont be held for long) 

Hello everyone!

I was just checking to see if there was still interest in this roleplay? Please let me know at your earliest convenience! Happy New Year!

this seems like such an interesting plot. if it isn't too late to join, could i have some info on the royal family please? 

It isn't too late to join, although, I will be honest, I'm not sure if interest has dropped- so I can't say for sure if it will be as active as we may be hoping. But I was thinking- as far as the royal family is concerned. I wanted it to be a very stereotypical monarchy. King and Queen, Prince with his eyes on the throne (and over eager to claim it) and a Princess (who maybe has a keen interest in the Chimera Program or one of the agents????) They are, of course, surrounded by their cabinet members, advisors, royal guards, etc. 

I don't know, was there anything specifically I could answer for you?

That was brilliant thank you, I was just checking what royal characters are available. Does the public know about Chimeras because I was thinking there could be some sort of anti-chimera leader like Amon in legend of korra or Mary Lou in fantastic beasts. Just a witch hunt sort of scenario 

That would be perfect! Especially since there is probably some anti-chimera/anti-crown sentiment in general, we could really use someone who sort of spearheads that movement. 

And yes! The princess is still available! I've also linked to the character post for whenever you have a character all drawn up! <3

Yay! If your have questions about anything please let me know? I really want this roleplay to be super character driven with the plot as a rough idea to go off of, but I'd be happy to provide more information on some things if anyone has any further questions. 

For any of you who would be interested as well, as I've mentioned- this roleplay is sort of my nanowrimo brain child, so I've been writing a novel kind of along side this. I've been kind of interested in getting some non biased feedback (the only person who reads anything I write is my boyfriend and he mostly thinks everything I do is great so...). I have seen that there is an avenue to share creative writing on this message board as well, but- I don't know! If you guys are at all interested in reading my crap, lemme know. It might give you some more insight into the world concept I have in mind. 

Would you be willing to have another Chimera character or two? Also how extensively altered can they be from the transformation?

... I was thinking something along the lines of a bat. And maybe a chameleon or shark.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think I probably do want to add more Chimera to the roleplay. A bat would be really dope. I also really like the idea of a shark, you'd have to explain chameleon to me. They can be fairly altered, they just have to be recognizably human

Hey, this looks cool as heck. If there's still people around for the continuation of this, sign me up.

Quick question, if I wanted to be royalty, say, a prince or other highly regarded noble-person, how much involvement could you have with the project itself?

I would say they would have a pretty heavy role in the project, the noble family is the one who conditioned the research, and then funded the inevitable engineering of the project. If it works well, it would reflect on the family well (which- due to anti-royalty sentiment that's beginning to grow in Axia, would only be beneficial, they don't want to face a possible uprising AND a war)

So, to answer your question, I think those characters would be pretty involved, if they chose to be. But it's not necessary of all the royal characters. 

I would say they would have a pretty heavy role in the project, the noble family is the one who conditioned the research, and then funded the inevitable engineering of the project. If it works well, it would reflect on the family well (which- due to anti-royalty sentiment that's beginning to grow in Axia, would only be beneficial, they don't want to face a possible uprising AND a war)

So, to answer your question, I think those characters would be pretty involved, if they chose to be. But it's not necessary of all the royal characters. 

I dig it, so are we still doing this?

How long ago were the Chimeras created? Also how were they processed afterwards?

The Chimera's were very RECENTLY created (the engineering process may have taken longer, but I want them to be new into consciousness by at the most, a week or so) if you look at the first character driven post in the roleplay, you can see Devora (OP 32) waking up and heading to their orientation. Essentially, they are taken out of a suspended animation tank, eased out of their medically induced coma, and the roleplay should start as the chimeras and any royal/military personal will be present for the debriefing.

However, if you have a mischievous character, or a civillian/royalty character who wouldn't be present for that, feel free to skip the debriefing and start however you wish! 

Additionally, at this time we only have one civilian character. So I may create a second civie until we have more interest there (and anyone is more than welcome to create one if they wish!) 

Cool. OP-466 has been updated. I'll add his backstory later if that would be alright :)

That's fine, I see that you have a few pending wip character profiles. I can just go ahead with a blanket-statement and say that they're all approved if you want to begin roleplaying. I know you'll follow up with them as you have time! 

That's fine, I see that you have a few pending wip character profiles. I can just go ahead with a blanket-statement and say that they're all approved if you want to begin roleplaying. I know you'll follow up with them as you have time! 

Awesome! And yes, I absolutely will do that :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back