Opinion Child/Animal Abuse

Mr_Semtex

Hello people!

Today I wanna hear your opinion on Child/Animal Abuse.

My opinion is very simple:

It's not good! I don't know how people can abuse a child or animals and I am talking out of experience because when I was younger, my father punched and hit me a lot.

I wanna hear what you guys think down below!

Thanks for dropping by and reading!

Hello people!

Today I wanna hear your opinion on Child/Animal Abuse.

My opinion is very simple:

It's not good! I don't know how people can abuse a child or animals and I am talking out of experience because when I was younger, my father punched and hit me a lot.

I wanna hear what you guys think down below!

Thanks for dropping by and reading!
Child abuse and animal abuse is awful! Anyone who thinks it's a good thing is probably a psycho!

I really think there should be harsher punishments for people who conduct animal abuse.

Most people would say abuse is horrible, I think the real debate is what is considered abuse
I have to agree with this comment. I don't think there even can be a debate about whether abuse is good or bad, heck, the word "abuse" by definition requires it to be a bad thing. Even the issue of how punishment should be conducted is less related to this topic and more so to one's own general view of justice in general.

Abuse, I think, is qualified as "Non-consentual and chronic violations of one's integrety (physical, psychological or in terms of reputation and dignity) misproportionate to or at odds with the goal for which it is inflicted". It's just a rough draft of a personal defintion though. Things like repatedly beating someone, attempting to tarnish their reputation , bullying and so on constitute abuse. However, randomly hitting someone one time by accident, punishing a child that is misbehaving (provided the punishment is proportional to the "crime"), and animal experimentation would not fall under this definition, as the first is not chronic and the other two have reasons to be done that justify the need for the treatment which they involve.

Like FewProudEmotional FewProudEmotional said, it really depends on your definition of abuse. To me, abuse is a parent taking out their frustration on their kids through any way possible without the kid being responsible. But hitting a kid as a way to discipline them is not completely outrageous to me. Like I come from a household in a country where hitting your kid to discipline them was okay. And I sometimes just look at these spoilt ass kids in online/real life, often thinking "that kid hasn't been beaten by their parents." I am guessing that it is the lazy way to discipline your child due to the fact that more effective ways of punishment can be given to them. But to get to those effective methods, you have to know how to be a good parent. Some people are just not good parents and they try all these other ways with none of them working to produce a rude little shit. So overall, "child abuse" or hitting your child as a way to discipline them is not 100% considered abuse for me. It is not really the best way to do so, but it certainly does work. It is also an okay last resort when your kid is throwing a tantrum.

i sound like a fucking psycho lol...

For the animal abuse issue, then it also depends on your definition. To me animal experimentation is pretty much okay as you are sacrificing the health and the life of one animal for the health and the life of thousands potentially. It is not much more different than killing a pig to have a nice porkchop.

I think there's a few factors that play into it, to varying degrees:
Intent, the largest
Awareness,
and Severity.

Intent: Was your intent to help or harm your child? Obviously not as clear-cut, but if the intent is positive, then that should be taken into account.
Awareness: Did you realize you were hurting your child? Still not clear-cut. If you were not, then that should play into it.
Severity: How much were you doing to hurt your child? Not clear-cut, but closer to it. It's something that can be easily discovered.
Same in general applies to animals.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back