Chitchat Chat for hockey fans

Just waiting for Thursday night, first game of the season for the Isles. Need some hockey now to take my mind off of baseball and the sting of the Mets losing to the Padres in the first round.

Connor Ingram is low key a snag. I was impressed with him in relief for Nashville in the post season. Too bad he was put in a bad situation each time in the first round for Nashville but he still held his own really well imo.
Yeah, should be a nice pickup for Arizona. The pairing could be a nice duo for the Coyotes while they figure things out on the ice in front of the Net.

Yeah, should be a nice pickup for Arizona. The pairing could be a nice duo for the Coyotes while they figure things out on the ice in front of the Net.
Exactly, they’ve definitely got a lot to figure out, including their net. This is a good start for them.

Just waiting for Thursday night, first game of the season for the Isles. Need some hockey now to take my mind off of baseball and the sting of the Mets losing to the Padres in the first round.
Yeah that’s something to definitely looking forward to watching. A lot to look forward to this season imo across the league.

Exactly, they’ve definitely got a lot to figure out, including their net. This is a good start for them.
Yeah and with Chychrun possibly being on the way out or is a possibility…. Even less stability to maybe count on if he can bounce back from a down year.
Definitely. Especially those Flames after that busy off season.
Yeah that’s for sure. Going against the defending champs to open the season should be interesting. If everyone is healthy should give a decent look into how this might play from a team play perspective.

Yeah and with Chychrun possibly being on the way out or is a possibility…. Even less stability to maybe count on if he can bounce back from a down year.

Yeah that’s for sure. Going against the defending champs to open the season should be interesting. If everyone is healthy should give a decent look into how this might play from a team play perspective.
Yea he said he wants to be traded out of Arizona lol. I don’t blame him at all.

Yea he said he wants to be traded out of Arizona lol. I don’t blame him at all.
Yeah I remember that. Coyotes asking price I also hear is too high. so uncertain how soon a deal gets done and where he goes. I’d like to see the Coyotes figure it out and start changing the talk surrounding them, start winning and being more competitive, consistent. But in the meantime I can understand why not everyone is wanting to stick around or join the team. The picture isn’t yet looking near complete or vision clear. (Outside of tanking that is….)

Yeah I remember that. Coyotes asking price I also hear is too high. so uncertain how soon a deal gets done and where he goes. I’d like to see the Coyotes figure it out and start changing the talk surrounding them, start winning and being more competitive, consistent. But in the meantime I can understand why not everyone is wanting to stick around or join the team. The picture isn’t yet looking near complete or vision clear. (Outside of tanking that is….)
Agreed with that. The Coyotes aren’t looking too good. Wondering when they’re gonna go ahead and get rid of him and who they will eventually get in return.

Totally agree.
I’d imagine if they wanted to…. Maybe…. The Blues might take a look for the right price? Their blue line has taken hits with injuries and some LTIR’s to make some cap space so maybe pending on who they can trade away to make the cap work, maybe they’d take a chance. Although just speculation and idea circulating of what teams maybe should take a look with their current roster situations. I’m sure Vegas and some big market playoff contenders will reach out though.

I’d imagine if they wanted to…. Maybe…. The Blues might take a look for the right price? Their blue line has taken hits with injuries and some LTIR’s to make some cap space so maybe pending on who they can trade away to make the cap work, maybe they’d take a chance. Although just speculation and idea circulating of what teams maybe should take a look with their current roster situations. I’m sure Vegas and some big market playoff contenders will reach out though.
Hmm maybe. That’s a solid prediction. I can’t say I know or have any predictions of where he might end up and land tbh.

Hmm maybe. That’s a solid prediction. I can’t say I know or have any predictions of where he might end up and land tbh.
THG news vids is about the only reason the Blues came to mind. Seems like each week for a few weeks another Blues guy was announced to have been injured and in some cases out for awhile.

THG news vids is about the only reason the Blues came to mind. Seems like each week for a few weeks another Blues guy was announced to have been injured and in some cases out for awhile.
Ah I see. Then you're probably more informed than me in those regards. I really only somewhat know the Isles whole situation money wise and what we need and might be missing.

Ah I see. Then you're probably more informed than me in those regards. I really only somewhat know the Isles whole situation money wise and what we need and might be missing.
I guess it could be that, idk. THG gets all the credit though, those short news vid drops seem to cover a fair bit whenever things happens across the league and that’s about all I’ve had time for lately with Hockey updates. But yeah understandable there.

I guess it could be that, idk. THG gets all the credit though, those short news vid drops seem to cover a fair bit whenever things happens across the league and that’s about all I’ve had time for lately with Hockey updates. But yeah understandable there.
I just haven’t had much time to get into watching him too much. Seems like a solid and unbiased dude tho from what I have seen from him.

It’s a minor detail for others, I know. But watching G20 and DanQ’s nhl 23 early gameplay today I saw in G20’s vid for BAP that they’ve updated and added more teams for the European leagues! I love that personally. Opens up some inner discussion on what I should do now as I thought I had that league and team plus other details decided already, thinking it would be the same on both the CHL and EHL leagues.

It’s a minor detail for others, I know. But watching G20 and DanQ’s nhl 23 early gameplay today I saw in G20’s vid for BAP that they’ve updated and added more teams for the European leagues! I love that personally. Opens up some inner discussion on what I should do now as I thought I had that league and team plus other details decided already, thinking it would be the same on both the CHL and EHL leagues.
That’s cool. I haven’t quite taken a look at NHL 23 game play cuz I heard it was just NHL 22 copy and pasted lol.

That’s cool. I haven’t quite taken a look at NHL 23 game play cuz I heard it was just NHL 22 copy and pasted lol.
I’ve heard the franchise mode is where a lot of changes were made and possibly improvements. Gameplay wise I couldn’t say outside of some of the animations during the game and shots/dives/etc I saw during the DanQ stream and G20 vid drop since I was only viewing. Some stuff in BAP is copy and paste from what I saw but I’ll take what little I can get from EA when it’s adding to and not taking away from… The crowd reactions were definitely as advertised with their more realistic reactions. But for me, it’s Especially great with team additions and updates cause the European leagues for hockey and soccer often change with promotions and demotions of teame from the top league to a lower tier league and visa-versa pending on how well teams play and end up standings wise from year to year or roughly so. (Soccer/Football definitely works that way. Hockey I think operates the same based off what I can gather and have seen online and etc) Anyways, it’s huge for me but a minor detail for most just nice to see expanded or potentially expanded number of teams added in. Kinda like the return of the mirrored visor is huge to G20 lol and not quite like that for others haha.

I’ve heard the franchise mode is where a lot of changes were made and possibly improvements. Gameplay wise I couldn’t say outside of some of the animations during the game and shots/dives/etc I saw during the DanQ stream and G20 vid drop since I was only viewing. Some stuff in BAP is copy and paste from what I saw but I’ll take what little I can get from EA when it’s adding to and not taking away from… The crowd reactions were definitely as advertised with their more realistic reactions. But for me, it’s Especially great with team additions and updates cause the European leagues for hockey and soccer often change with promotions and demotions of teame from the top league to a lower tier league and visa-versa pending on how well teams play and end up standings wise from year to year or roughly so. (Soccer/Football definitely works that way. Hockey I think operates the same based off what I can gather and have seen online and etc) Anyways, it’s huge for me but a minor detail for most just nice to see expanded or potentially expanded number of teams added in. Kinda like the return of the mirrored visor is huge to G20 lol and not quite like that for others haha.
Ah that’s interesting. I was most hyped for the new crowd reactions being more realistic and stuff lol since I know they aren’t gonna change BAP sadly because lazy EA.

Ah that’s interesting. I was most hyped for the new crowd reactions being more realistic and stuff lol since I know they aren’t gonna change BAP sadly because lazy EA.
Yeah that’s understandable. The change to that was nice in the preview glimpses I got to see so far. Too bad EA won’t change much of anything for BAP but meantime the small things will have to do.

Yeah that’s understandable. The change to that was nice in the preview glimpses I got to see so far. Too bad EA won’t change much of anything for BAP but meantime the small things will have to do.
Yea since BAP is like the only mode I play lol.

Yea since BAP is like the only mode I play lol.
Pretty much the same lol. I briefly tried franchise in 22 since I used to play that a lot years ago. But some features I’m not used to and not sure I like even though I could turn those off. While BAP has been a more enjoyable right away kinda mode.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back