Chitchat Chat for hockey fans

Cool team tho. Brewers are lit.

So we’ve got a Wild/Flames fan and and Islanders fan.

A Brewers and a Mets fan. Love it!

Yea no problems with San Diego for me.

Those Dodgers fans and Astros fans suck tho but Braves, Yankees and Phillies fans will always take the case for worst damn fanbases in the league.

Oh that’s interesting. Kinda cool to see for that woman’s team.

Yea kind of unfortunate how the Brewers fell off but you didn’t fall off as hard as the Nationals did after their 2019 WS win.
In real life I only know one Braves fan in Rl an old work friend of mine, not many I’ve seen in Utah otherwise though. The ones I’ve seen online seems to vary in my experience. Philly in general is definitely one of those types of fanbases that can definitely drive other people nuts no matter the sport/league. So no surprise there haha. Yankees fans, also makes a lot of sense. I’d throw Red Sox in there. But I’d throw Boston sports fans in general so… Might be too biased against them in my case.

Yeah, between the Men’s & Women’s soccer teams the state seems pretty well United there. Cool to see as a local, cause it’s pretty heated with college sports especially football and sometimes other sports. Jazz also have a pretty solid fanbase too. But yeah, we’ve got our share of idiots in the Jazz fanbase too like any team. But agreed cool to see for the women’s team. Women’s sports often tend to get a lot of hate and jokes so definitely cool to see the opposite when it happens.

Yikes. If they fell off that hard, it would be way tough. Jazz & Packers playoffs fails on the level they did these past few years has been bad enough. Haha. But true, least we haven’t hit that level.

In real life I only know one Braves fan in Rl an old work friend of mine, not many I’ve seen in Utah otherwise though. The ones I’ve seen online seems to vary in my experience. Philly in general is definitely one of those types of fanbases that can definitely drive other people nuts no matter the sport/league. So no surprise there haha. Yankees fans, also makes a lot of sense. I’d throw Red Sox in there. But I’d throw Boston sports fans in general so… Might be too biased against them in my case.

Yeah, between the Men’s & Women’s soccer teams the state seems pretty well United there. Cool to see as a local, cause it’s pretty heated with college sports especially football and sometimes other sports. Jazz also have a pretty solid fanbase too. But yeah, we’ve got our share of idiots in the Jazz fanbase too like any team. But agreed cool to see for the women’s team. Women’s sports often tend to get a lot of hate and jokes so definitely cool to see the opposite when it happens.

Yikes. If they fell off that hard, it would be way tough. Jazz & Packers playoffs fails on the level they did these past few years has been bad enough. Haha. But true, least we haven’t hit that level.
Braves fans think they own the league but the Mets are literally ahead of them.

Phillies fans is self explanatory lmao.

Bronx (Yanks) and Boston sports fans suck too lol.

Also yea on the women’s sport stuff, I get it. A lot of people laugh when they wanna be paid more for their sport but like men are biologically better at sports so people tend to watch them, myself included. I don’t hate women’s sports but I can confidently say I am not a fan of nor will never be one. But cool to see it getting some love there in Utah. I have nothing against it.

It’ll be interesting to see how the Jazz fair without Mitchell. I know nothing about basketball and even less about football, so idk about those Packers. Hopefully they do well.

Braves fans think they own the league but the Mets are literally ahead of them.

Phillies fans is self explanatory lmao.

Bronx (Yanks) and Boston sports fans suck too lol.

Also yea on the women’s sport stuff, I get it. A lot of people laugh when they wanna be paid more for their sport but like men are biologically better at sports so people tend to watch them, myself included. I don’t hate women’s sports but I can confidently say I am not a fan of nor will never be one. But cool to see it getting some love there in Utah. I have nothing against it.

It’ll be interesting to see how the Jazz fair without Mitchell. I know nothing about basketball and even less about football, so idk about those Packers. Hopefully they do well.
Yeah, I’ve seen some of those around before too with different teams. But Braves too.

Yeah, Phillies is for sure with the Mets fan. I was just adding to it lol. They are well known across each league haha.

Agreed lol.

It’s going to be a rough year. But rebuilds are always a rough grind especially in the beginning. But I will say, Sexton (one of the players we got in return) is a very similar player imo to Mitchell. Similar age if not a bit younger (both are early 20’s either way) Only difference mainly is the physical stature is smaller then Mitchell. But both are offensively minded guards that don’t really play defense. While sexton had a injury setback to his career. But we’ve got a few nice additions and some current holdovers that might be good. We just won’t be sniffing the playoffs for awhile unless a miracle happens or some super unexpected coaching and play occurs. Packers, we do pretty well in the regular season these past few years but fail miserably and almost embarrassingly in the playoffs at some point whether it’s division round or conference finals… We flop in the final minutes of the game or seconds in some cases to blow the game away with dumb mistake. (Rodgers since the super bowl win back in 2010-11-ish… is basically now a regular season QB imo) But yeah I’m hoping they do well also. Thanks

Yeah, I’ve seen some of those around before too with different teams. But Braves too.

Yeah, Phillies is for sure with the Mets fan. I was just adding to it lol. They are well known across each league haha.

Agreed lol.

It’s going to be a rough year. But rebuilds are always a rough grind especially in the beginning. But I will say, Sexton (one of the players we got in return) is a very similar player imo to Mitchell. Similar age if not a bit younger (both are early 20’s either way) Only difference mainly is the physical stature is smaller then Mitchell. But both are offensively minded guards that don’t really play defense. While sexton had a injury setback to his career. But we’ve got a few nice additions and some current holdovers that might be good. We just won’t be sniffing the playoffs for awhile unless a miracle happens or some super unexpected coaching and play occurs. Packers, we do pretty well in the regular season these past few years but fail miserably and almost embarrassingly in the playoffs at some point whether it’s division round or conference finals… We flop in the final minutes of the game or seconds in some cases to blow the game away with dumb mistake. (Rodgers since the super bowl win back in 2010-11-ish… is basically now a regular season QB imo) But yeah I’m hoping they do well also. Thanks
Us Mets fans are always at Braves and Phillies fans’ throats haha.

I actually chirped this annoying ass Phillies fan at one of the Mets games I went to this year haha, told that fucker to sit down. We ended up winning, 1-0. We own that team.

Oh yikes. I’m wishing the best for the Jazz. I’ll hear about it because I have a Jazz fan friend haha.

As for those Packers, hoping they prevail too.

Us Mets fans are always at Braves and Phillies fans’ throats haha.

I actually chirped this annoying ass Phillies fan at one of the Mets games I went to this year haha, told that fucker to sit down. We ended up winning, 1-0. We own that team.

Oh yikes. I’m wishing the best for the Jazz. I’ll hear about it because I have a Jazz fan friend haha.

As for those Packers, hoping they prevail too.
Understandable haha. Phillies just make me laugh, the number of ways they can spend all that money and still find ways to lose is amazing imo. Never was a Harper fan, but wow that’s been a mess and not worked out like Phillies and Harper would have wanted. Just funny to me with all the mess they’ve been in since spending big. Pitching though has been abysmal for them.

Nice! Haha.

Oh yeah, I’m sure they will let you know haha. Thanks though hopefully they do well.

Same and thanks

I’ll talk to you later about clock in for work. See ya later Bro

Understandable haha. Phillies just make me laugh, the number of ways they can spend all that money and still find ways to lose is amazing imo. Never was a Harper fan, but wow that’s been a mess and not worked out like Phillies and Harper would have wanted. Just funny to me with all the mess they’ve been in since spending big. Pitching though has been abysmal for them.

Nice! Haha.

Oh yeah, I’m sure they will let you know haha. Thanks though hopefully they do well.

Same and thanks

I’ll talk to you later about clock in for work. See ya later Bro
EXACTLY LOL. So funny.

Phillies blow! I had fun that game.

Also cya later bro, best of luck at work.

Appreciate it. It wasn’t too bad for the amount of work we had last night.

The fall for Keuchel has been hard and fallen off a great deal. Tough to see. Hated the guy on the Astros with how good he was at the time and hating those teams in general. But wouldn’t have predicted this kind of fall for DK. Yet another DFA this season in a long string of releases over the past couple of seasons.

Haven’t seen much hockey news lately. Except for some PTO deals and something about Gagner signing either a PTO or a one year deal but can’t recall which and where now.

Appreciate it. It wasn’t too bad for the amount of work we had last night.

The fall for Keuchel has been hard and fallen off a great deal. Tough to see. Hated the guy on the Astros with how good he was at the time and hating those teams in general. But wouldn’t have predicted this kind of fall for DK. Yet another DFA this season in a long string of releases over the past couple of seasons.

Haven’t seen much hockey news lately. Except for some PTO deals and something about Gagner signing either a PTO or a one year deal but can’t recall which and where now.
Sad to see him fall like that.

And yea, not much news in the hockey world from what I’ve seen recently.

Yeah I know. Just a mild surprise even with Cap issues with some names is all. The season starting up will be very nice to finally see underway. (NHL 23 as well)
Yea I wanna see some more NHL 23 gameplay and features and stuff. Waiting for that game for sure.

Just random things/ideas popping in my head; But watching a vid on rookies to watch this coming season while looking around nhl 22 rosters. A small power forward? Trying to think of power forwards and the shortest I’ve seen or can possibly recall. Not sure if any really slip below 6’0 tall… Least I can’t think of any. But might be a funny idea to play in BAP. Not sure in the long run. But might be a funny and entertaining build in the short term. A small powerhouse though with maybe higher speed or some point higher speed with that kind of puck control would be interesting imo as this random thought popped in my head for reasons im not sure.

Just random things/ideas popping in my head; But watching a vid on rookies to watch this coming season while looking around nhl 22 rosters. A small power forward? Trying to think of power forwards and the shortest I’ve seen or can possibly recall. Not sure if any really slip below 6’0 tall… Least I can’t think of any. But might be a funny idea to play in BAP. Not sure in the long run. But might be a funny and entertaining build in the short term. A small powerhouse though with maybe higher speed or some point higher speed with that kind of puck control would be interesting imo as this random thought popped in my head for reasons im not sure.
Ah I haven’t even begun to thought of my future NHL 23 BAP. Maybe an offensive defensemen Cale Makar build.

Ah I haven’t even begun to thought of my future NHL 23 BAP. Maybe an offensive defensemen Cale Makar build.
Oh nice! That would be a good build there. I wasn’t even thinking 23 with this one just in general the idea of it. NHL 23 wise I’ve been tempted to make a big enforcer/Ryan Reaves build though this idea could be fun too. I might just do a quick preview on 22 of the mini power forward to see how it looks. I’ve gone back and forth with some 23 build ideas but seems like trying the Enforcer/Reaves build is one top option I’ve thought about.

Haven’t thought about switching to Defenseman though and who might make a build after in 23 if I did. I’ll probably consider that as well, I know there is a archtype or two I’ve yet to try in BAP. Defensive defenseman being one. So probably I would go that route with a NHL defenseman being the modeled after build. (Thinking over names now that would fit)

Oh nice! That would be a good build there. I wasn’t even thinking 23 with this one just in general the idea of it. NHL 23 wise I’ve been tempted to make a big enforcer/Ryan Reaves build though this idea could be fun too. I might just do a quick preview on 22 of the mini power forward to see how it looks. I’ve gone back and forth with some 23 build ideas but seems like trying the Enforcer/Reaves build is one top option I’ve thought about.

Haven’t thought about switching to Defenseman though and who might make a build after in 23 if I did. I’ll probably consider that as well, I know there is a archtype or two I’ve yet to try in BAP. Defensive defenseman being one. So probably I would go that route with a NHL defenseman being the modeled after build. (Thinking over names now that would fit)
Wtf I thought I responded to this! Not only did my message not send but it deleted itself! Sorry! I only noticed now!

Reaves build is fun tbh. Being a goon is fun.

I haven't thought of yet what build I'm gonna do for NHL 23 tho like I said. I think I should try something new tho.

You'll have to end up letting me know what you do end up picking. I'll be sure to tell you too.

Although I don't expect to be playing NHL 23 any time soon due to being so busy. Maybe for Christmas break.

Wtf I thought I responded to this! Not only did my message not send but it deleted itself! Sorry! I only noticed now!

Reaves build is fun tbh. Being a goon is fun.

I haven't thought of yet what build I'm gonna do for NHL 23 tho like I said. I think I should try something new tho.

You'll have to end up letting me know what you do end up picking. I'll be sure to tell you too.

Although I don't expect to be playing NHL 23 any time soon due to being so busy. Maybe for Christmas break.
Ah no worries! Stuff like that happens and I might have been off and on during that time as well. So might not have seen anything til later or today.

Yeah it definitely sounds like a fun build. Also fits the trying something new for me. Enforcer haven’t really tried yet archtype wise. If I went defenseman I’d probably make a Moritz Seider build. (Found a cool Rogle BK Seider jersey today that wasn’t too outrageously priced. Actually pretty decent price tbh for a new condition hockey jersey)

Makes sense. I’ve only thought about it a little with the Enforcer/Reaves cause it’s a archtype I’ve not used and Reaves was being discussed in a separate non related convo somewhere (maybe here) so popped in the mind for one. But overall not much thought yet. But yeah, makes and understandable on trying something new.

Will do!

Understandable there. I might be buying the game a bit after the release date just due to other stuff coming first. So not sure when I’ll be starting up gameplay of it but looking forward to it none the less.

Looking at some of the stories I’ve heard and THG’s career vid for Kris Draper yesterday, the NHL has some crazy trade stories in their history that I didn’t know about being real. I’m sure other leagues have them as well. But Draper traded early in his career for $1 is crazy haha.

Ah no worries! Stuff like that happens and I might have been off and on during that time as well. So might not have seen anything til later or today.

Yeah it definitely sounds like a fun build. Also fits the trying something new for me. Enforcer haven’t really tried yet archtype wise. If I went defenseman I’d probably make a Moritz Seider build. (Found a cool Rogle BK Seider jersey today that wasn’t too outrageously priced. Actually pretty decent price tbh for a new condition hockey jersey)

Makes sense. I’ve only thought about it a little with the Enforcer/Reaves cause it’s a archtype I’ve not used and Reaves was being discussed in a separate non related convo somewhere (maybe here) so popped in the mind for one. But overall not much thought yet. But yeah, makes and understandable on trying something new.

Will do!

Understandable there. I might be buying the game a bit after the release date just due to other stuff coming first. So not sure when I’ll be starting up gameplay of it but looking forward to it none the less.

Looking at some of the stories I’ve heard and THG’s career vid for Kris Draper yesterday, the NHL has some crazy trade stories in their history that I didn’t know about being real. I’m sure other leagues have them as well. But Draper traded early in his career for $1 is crazy haha.
Yep, thanks for understanding.

Yea it is a fun build. I had a ton of fun with my half Reaves half Chara type build in NHL 21.

Also nice? Did you buy it? Sounds like a cool purchase if not too expensive!

Yea I think I need something new and fresh to play as. My NHL 22 be a pro unironically became a bigger dude that laid huge hits. I was a goon, which was fun ngl, and a goal scoring goon too! A cup winning one as well lol!

Same here. Agree with you on that one. I’m gonna give it time and look at game play first too before I really go ahead and buy it.

Yea I think I’ve watched his video on that. Crazy video. And yea, THG has a ton of amazing hockey history videos! I love ‘em.

Yep, thanks for understanding.

Yea it is a fun build. I had a ton of fun with my half Reaves half Chara type build in NHL 21.

Also nice? Did you buy it? Sounds like a cool purchase if not too expensive!

Yea I think I need something new and fresh to play as. My NHL 22 be a pro unironically became a bigger dude that laid huge hits. I was a goon, which was fun ngl, and a goal scoring goon too! A cup winning one as well lol!

Same here. Agree with you on that one. I’m gonna give it time and look at game play first too before I really go ahead and buy it.

Yea I think I’ve watched his video on that. Crazy video. And yea, THG has a ton of amazing hockey history videos! I love ‘em.
Oh yeah, I recall the chats of the Chara build from 21.

Not yet. I want to buy it, however I gotta take care of a few things first before I can buy it in good conscious. Looked awesome though! Plus looked legit too.

Yeah definitely understandable. Nice! A good combo of fun there and something I’d aim to do with such a build. Haha

Yeah that’s a understandable move. I’m hoping I heard wrong on the price as well. Unless that was the deluxe version or NHL’s version of said editions.

He definitely does! I’ve been going through them here and there since coming across his channel and subbing. A lot of different playlists to catch my interest. Agreed though he’s awesome

Oh yeah, I recall the chats of the Chara build from 21.

Not yet. I want to buy it, however I gotta take care of a few things first before I can buy it in good conscious. Looked awesome though! Plus looked legit too.

Yeah definitely understandable. Nice! A good combo of fun there and something I’d aim to do with such a build. Haha

Yeah that’s a understandable move. I’m hoping I heard wrong on the price as well. Unless that was the deluxe version or NHL’s version of said editions.

He definitely does! I’ve been going through them here and there since coming across his channel and subbing. A lot of different playlists to catch my interest. Agreed though he’s awesome
Yea. At the time I built it, I never realize how much it was like Chara, down to the exact height (6’9). I guess it was because Chara was a defensemen and the NHL 21 BAP guy named after my HS physics teacher was not and was a winger.

Ah got it. Hey, treat yourself to that purchase if you can. It seems cool! I think I told you this but when I was at a mall, I made a super impulse purchase and bought a Dahlin Sabres jersey because it was the cool looking Heritage classic game jersey where Buffalo destroyed the Leafs lol.

Sadly you probably didn’t hear wrong- the price is expensive. But yea maybe you did hear about the deluxe version price, which is SUPER outrageous and I would never buy that.

Yea I got super into him like right around this time of year last year funny enough lol.

Yea. At the time I built it, I never realize how much it was like Chara, down to the exact height (6’9). I guess it was because Chara was a defensemen and the NHL 21 BAP guy named after my HS physics teacher was not and was a winger.

Ah got it. Hey, treat yourself to that purchase if you can. It seems cool! I think I told you this but when I was at a mall, I made a super impulse purchase and bought a Dahlin Sabres jersey because it was the cool looking Heritage classic game jersey where Buffalo destroyed the Leafs lol.

Sadly you probably didn’t hear wrong- the price is expensive. But yea maybe you did hear about the deluxe version price, which is SUPER outrageous and I would never buy that.

Yea I got super into him like right around this time of year last year funny enough lol.
Oh yeah, I recall the teacher influence there. Nice though

Yeah agreed. A treat like that would be nice and finding a European league jersey like that would be cool to have besides the player and particular jersey itself. Also that is awesome! I don’t recall that one. Only knew about the Sorokin jersey I believe. But that’s a great purchase! Dahlin is another guy I’m a fan of and that jersey was pretty nice.

Oh wow. I was figuring it would be high, such as games are now. But 80 bucks was higher then I’d prefer, I guess for the deluxe version it’s better then some series of games but still high. Though the more I think about it with the next gen consoles it could still be close to 80 for the standard version, idk, I haven’t looked at newer game prices in awhile. But yeah, understandable there and agreeable as well.

Oh yeah? Lol. Nice! Cool guy and a good source for unbiased hockey news and basically anything hockey related haha. Still am amazed at his jersey collection too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back