Chitchat Chat for baseball fans

Just saw the final score and wow! Phillies take game 1 by 7-6 in Atlanta! Talk about unexpected lmao.

Just saw the final score and wow! Phillies take game 1 by 7-6 in Atlanta! Talk about unexpected lmao.
Yeah! Haha. If Dodgers, Braves and Astros get eliminated this round, this may be the most interesting playoffs in sometime for me when it comes to baseball. All bets are off and predictably will be completely gone. Or pretty much. Never can tell which Yankees will show up in the playoffs these past few years or so. They may or may not get past the Guardians who could add even more to that possibility.

*Hoping I’m not jinxing the Mariners late game lead over the Cheastros*

Yeah! Haha. If Dodgers, Braves and Astros get eliminated this round, this may be the most interesting playoffs in sometime for me when it comes to baseball. All bets are off and predictably will be completely gone. Or pretty much. Never can tell which Yankees will show up in the playoffs these past few years or so. They may or may not get past the Guardians who could add even more to that possibility.

*Hoping I’m not jinxing the Mariners late game lead over the Cheastros*
Hoping the Phillies upset since I want Atlanta to be embarrassed.

Excited for the Dodgers to wipe the floor with the Padres.

Me too I hope the Mariners beat the Trashstros.

Hoping the Phillies upset since I want Atlanta to be embarrassed.

Excited for the Dodgers to wipe the floor with the Padres.

Me too I hope the Mariners beat the Trashstros.
For the upset factor I’d say yeah that will be awesome to see. Otherwise I’d normally not be going Phillies haha.

Understandable. I can’t personally pull for the Dodgers. But understandable on your end.

Hopefully they do! 8th inning. Just need to hold on to that 7-5 lead. It was 7-3 at one point before I got back home. But still, same.

For the upset factor I’d say yeah that will be awesome to see. Otherwise I’d normally not be going Phillies haha.

Understandable. I can’t personally pull for the Dodgers. But understandable on your end.

Hopefully they do! 8th inning. Just need to hold on to that 7-5 lead. It was 7-3 at one point before I got back home. But still, same.
Exactly. Trust me I hate the Phillies too but rn Atlanta is the threat and I really want an upset.

I get that. I’m not too thrilled about pulling for the Dodgers since I dislike them but I want the Padres swept.

I sure hope the M’s hang on. Any day Houston loses is a good day.

Exactly. Trust me I hate the Phillies too but rn Atlanta is the threat and I really want an upset.

I get that. I’m not too thrilled about pulling for the Dodgers since I dislike them but I want the Padres swept.

I sure hope the M’s hang on. Any day Houston loses is a good day.
Right? Haha. It’s weird. Reminds me of pulling for Dallas Stars during the end of last regular season so that VGK didn’t get into the playoffs. Haha. Only difference for me is I’m mostly neutral on the Braves just want the upset factor and a less predictable playoffs. While Phillies just happen to be that team rn with the chance to knock them off.

Understandable.

Same. I’m watching the game now before I gotta leave again…. Almost there. J-Rod came close to a homer last last inning but fell just short with Tuckers catch.

Damn…. Sewald just walked/hit Hensley. Now that damn Altuve is up.

Right? Haha. It’s weird. Reminds me of pulling for Dallas Stars during the end of last regular season so that VGK didn’t get into the playoffs. Haha. Only difference for me is I’m mostly neutral on the Braves just want the upset factor and a less predictable playoffs. While Phillies just happen to be that team rn with the chance to knock them off.

Understandable.

Same. I’m watching the game now before I gotta leave again…. Almost there. J-Rod came close to a homer last last inning but fell just short with Tuckers catch.

Damn…. Sewald just walked/hit Hensley. Now that damn Altuve is up.
Lol yea I remember that lmao. Good comparison there.

And also I’ll admit as a Mets fan I have a lot more reasons to hate the Braves than you so I get your view point there.

Fuck Altuve btw. Dirty cheater.

Lol yea I remember that lmao. Good comparison there.

And also I’ll admit as a Mets fan I have a lot more reasons to hate the Braves than you so I get your view point there.

Fuck Altuve btw. Dirty cheater.
Lol yeah struck me late but remembered that one.

Definitely understandable. It would be like me with the Astros and either one of the A’s or Brewers since Houston once upon a time was in the NL central and now obviously in the AL west. (Besides there cheating reasons to hate them.)

Agreed. He struck out. But Sewald was making me nervous now they bring in Robbie Ray to hopefully finish it.

Lol yeah struck me late but remembered that one.

Definitely understandable. It would be like me with the Astros and either one of the A’s or Brewers since Houston once upon a time was in the NL central and now obviously in the AL west. (Besides there cheating reasons to hate them.)

Agreed. He struck out. But Sewald was making me nervous now they bring in Robbie Ray to hopefully finish it.
Oh damn I didn’t even know Houston used to be in that division.

Game is close but I hope the Mariners pull thru.

Oh damn I didn’t even know Houston used to be in that division.

Game is close but I hope the Mariners pull thru.
Yeah it was years ago. But they were once. I think 2010-ish might be when they were moved. But that’s a rough guess from vague recollections I can muster rn. (A lot of team movement between either relocation or conference changes during that rough period across all leagues so I’m possibly off a bit on each. But it’s somewhere around there. Back when they sucked really bad and sucked for awhile before that turn and World Series run they made.

Damn! Alvarez walked off for the Trashstros….. Sewald left two on with Ray coming in and Alvarez finished it. Damn

Yeah it was years ago. But they were once. I think 2010-ish might be when they were moved. But that’s a rough guess from vague recollections I can muster rn. (A lot of team movement between either relocation or conference changes during that rough period across all leagues so I’m possibly off a bit on each. But it’s somewhere around there. Back when they sucked really bad and sucked for awhile before that turn and World Series run they made.

Damn! Alvarez walked off for the Trashstros….. Sewald left two on with Ray coming in and Alvarez finished it. Damn
Yikes I just saw that Astros comeback and walk off win. Oof.

Tuning into this Mariners/Astros game after some pre-game watching. (Odd seeing Correa with the crew. But makes sense i guess.) Hopefully Castillo can keep doing what’s he’s done already this postseason and post a shutout for the M’s. Need the Ace to do what he normally does and pitch strong. Besides the offense supporting him.

Tuning into this Mariners/Astros game after some pre-game watching. (Odd seeing Correa with the crew. But makes sense i guess.) Hopefully Castillo can keep doing what’s he’s done already this postseason and post a shutout for the M’s. Need the Ace to do what he normally does and pitch strong. Besides the offense supporting him.
Oh is that game going on rn? I thought I saw somewhere that the Astros just won game 2. Idk where I saw that.

Oh is that game going on rn? I thought I saw somewhere that the Astros just won game 2. Idk where I saw that.
Yeah it just started as I was posting the last one. Or writing it really. No win yet for game 2 though. Valdez for the Astros and Castillo on the mound for the M’s. Top of the 1st just ended.

Yeah it just started as I was posting the last one. Or writing it really. No win yet for game 2 though. Valdez for the Astros and Castillo on the mound for the M’s. Top of the 1st just ended.
Oh got it.

Good to hear no Astros win yet.

Go M’s.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back