Chitchat Chat for baseball fans

Oh no, I agree. This series one of the tougher for me to pick honestly. Padres have all the pieces to compete for a World Series run they just need to win the big games. So, definitely a team that can’t be overlooked. A pretty good team too. Bob Melvin I’d also say is a pretty good manager, a pretty nice run with Oakland and the budget ball often played there with rosters and etc. certainly not like the 55 win Nationals lol who clearly hit rebuild quick least feels like it after it being not too long ago after making that run and Soto being as young as he is still being there before the big trade.

Yeah, 89 wins is still pretty good imo. There seems to be more 100 win teams then ever each season these past few with how many we get now days. But still plenty of good records and clubs that didn’t reach that mark. I’d agree.

Nice! Lol. Sounds like a plan.
Oh yea dw I got that you agreed. I was just giving further justification as to why not to count out the Padres, but I guess I kinda beat that dead horse haha.

Exactly. They have the pieces in place now do it kinda thing.

Nats went into like a heavy rebuild after that 2019 WS win lol.

Yep, 89 is nice. It’s a long season.

Oh yea dw I got that you agreed. I was just giving further justification as to why not to count out the Padres, but I guess I kinda beat that dead horse haha.

Exactly. They have the pieces in place now do it kinda thing.

Nats went into like a heavy rebuild after that 2019 WS win lol.

Yep, 89 is nice. It’s a long season.
Oh yeah understood haha.

Definitely. The pitching matchup tonight should be pretty good with Musgrove vs the former A’s pitcher Bassitt (You already mentioned Bassitt starting haha. But I wasn’t sure til I looked it up on who’s pitching for the Padres.)

Yeah lol. Guess one was enough for now.

Definitely.

Oh yeah understood haha.

Definitely. The pitching matchup tonight should be pretty good with Musgrove vs the former A’s pitcher Bassitt (You already mentioned Bassitt starting haha. But I wasn’t sure til I looked it up on who’s pitching for the Padres.)

Yeah lol. Guess one was enough for now.

Definitely.
Yea this should be a good match up for sure. Very excited!

Also yea I forgot about his former A’s history.

Definitely

And yeah we had some good seasons from him. A nice year with the Mets too definitely a good matchup to watch tonight.
Yea he’s solid. Was for both his former team and now current Mets team. Hoping he blows everyone away tonight.

Mia grove is such a pussy cheater with Vaseline in his ears. Once a cheater always a cheater (“won” the 2017 WS with the Astros, can’t stand him for that).

Crushing 6-0 to SD. Safe to say this one is gonna sting for a while….
I wasn’t expecting that type of game. I figured it would be a down to the wire type outing tonight. I wouldn’t have figured Bassitt would have a rough start, kinda thought it would be a pitchers duel tonight. Tough loss for the Mets regardless of what I thought going in.

Mia grove is such a pussy cheater with Vaseline in his ears. Once a cheater always a cheater (“won” the 2017 WS with the Astros, can’t stand him for that).
I can’t say I’ve been a Musgrove fan or too strong of a opinion of him one way or the other tbh. But when it’s former Astros or current Astros from that ‘17 team, can’t say I’m really surprised anymore with what they do. Still ticks me off the attitudes some of them had and the fact they pretty much got away with it.

But, tough loss and definitely not the game I expected.

I wasn’t expecting that type of game. I figured it would be a down to the wire type outing tonight. I wouldn’t have figured Bassitt would have a rough start, kinda thought it would be a pitchers duel tonight. Tough loss for the Mets regardless of what I thought going in.

I can’t say I’ve been a Musgrove fan or too strong of a opinion of him one way or the other tbh. But when it’s former Astros or current Astros from that ‘17 team, can’t say I’m really surprised anymore with what they do. Still ticks me off the attitudes some of them had and the fact they pretty much got away with it.

But, tough loss and definitely not the game I expected.
All of it was shit, we would have lost either way even if Musgrove wasn’t cheating. It was just so bad I don’t even wanna talk about it haha.

I can’t fucking wait for hockey season lol. The Dodgers are gonna wipe the floor with San Diego anyways.

Yeah looking forward to the new season as well. Plus only a couple more days til 23 hits consoles. I’m just wondering if Grimaldi officially made the Ducks roster off that PTO thus getting a contract or not . I haven’t been able to find a answer one way or the other.

Looks like Thomson is no longer the interim and officially the manager of those Phillies with a 2-year deal and interim tag removal.

Yeah looking forward to the new season as well. Plus only a couple more days til 23 hits consoles. I’m just wondering if Grimaldi officially made the Ducks roster off that PTO thus getting a contract or not . I haven’t been able to find a answer one way or the other.

Looks like Thomson is no longer the interim and officially the manager of those Phillies with a 2-year deal and interim tag removal.
Yea dude I’m looking forward to the next season. Onto hockey, no more baseball for me. This loss still stings.

All I know is this Mets team is gonna look a WHOLE lot different come the start of next season in April. What a disaster.

Yea dude I’m looking forward to the next season. Onto hockey, no more baseball for me. This loss still stings.

All I know is this Mets team is gonna look a WHOLE lot different come the start of next season in April. What a disaster.
Understandable. Tough loss.

Roster wise or the Mets being more driven then before with how things ended? Either way will be interesting.

Understandable. Tough loss.

Roster wise or the Mets being more driven then before with how things ended? Either way will be interesting.
Yep.

Also roster wise for SURE. Many Mets are on free agency this coming off season. I see a lot of people walking. This Mets club house is gonna look very VERY different after this playoffs collapse. Whole team getting gutted I think.

Yep.

Also roster wise for SURE. Many Mets are on free agency this coming off season. I see a lot of people walking. This Mets club house is gonna look very VERY different after this playoffs collapse. Whole team getting gutted I think.
Oh? Didn’t know that. Though tbh I’m not even sure who’s contracts are up with my own teams yet, I haven’t heard or seen anything too specific outside of one or two. But yeah, I’m sure the new show runners in NY will be looking to make some moves to build towards the goal.

Oh? Didn’t know that. Though tbh I’m not even sure who’s contracts are up with my own teams yet, I haven’t heard or seen anything too specific outside of one or two. But yeah, I’m sure the new show runners in NY will be looking to make some moves to build towards the goal.
Oh yea dude it’s crazy. deGrom, Bassitt, Nimmo are some of the big names that are looking to test FA. I don’t think they’ll stay. Same with Diaz I think, which would be another huge blow to this team.

But still, I have no doubt in my mind that this team is getting gutted and will look a lot different come next season

Looks like deGrom might go to Atlanta. That’s a team that’s a big contender and one that will definitely throw a lot of money at deGrom. Plus I heard he was looking for houses near there since his family lives in Florida. That’s where he grew up and it looks like he might want to play closer to home. Can’t say for certain yet tho. He says he’s unsure of where he’ll land but would be open to playing for the Mets again since he loves this city and the fan energy.

Oh yea dude it’s crazy. deGrom, Bassitt, Nimmo are some of the big names that are looking to test FA. I don’t think they’ll stay. Same with Diaz I think, which would be another huge blow to this team.

But still, I have no doubt in my mind that this team is getting gutted and will look a lot different come next season

Looks like deGrom might go to Atlanta. That’s a team that’s a big contender and one that will definitely throw a lot of money at deGrom. Plus I heard he was looking for houses near there since his family lives in Florida. That’s where he grew up and it looks like he might want to play closer to home. Can’t say for certain yet tho. He says he’s unsure of where he’ll land but would be open to playing for the Mets again since he loves this city and the fan energy.
Oh wow that’s quite the list for starters. (Not starting pitching either haha though that too.) Degrom is obviously great with insane arm talent/velocity so that could be pretty tough to lose. As a Bassitt fan myself with him being a former A’s pitcher for awhile and all, still a good arm in his own right to have on the mound imo. Diaz & Nimmo could be tough too. Some tough potential losses overall just with those guys alone.

Could happen, yeah.

That would be wild if he signs with the Braves. I guess it’s happened before with Mets pitchers going to rivals in recent years but with Degrom that could be huge and crazy news to see. Tough as well. But understandable if he’s thinking of going closer to home.

Oh wow that’s quite the list for starters. (Not starting pitching either haha though that too.) Degrom is obviously great with insane arm talent/velocity so that could be pretty tough to lose. As a Bassitt fan myself with him being a former A’s pitcher for awhile and all, still a good arm in his own right to have on the mound imo. Diaz & Nimmo could be tough too. Some tough potential losses overall just with those guys alone.

Could happen, yeah.

That would be wild if he signs with the Braves. I guess it’s happened before with Mets pitchers going to rivals in recent years but with Degrom that could be huge and crazy news to see. Tough as well. But understandable if he’s thinking of going closer to home.
Yea it's big. Big names potentially not being Mets after this season.

I'd hate to lose deGrom to anyone, but especially a divisional rival in Atlanta. But at the end of the day it is his decision.

I would be sad to lose all of these guys but I definitely see it in the future for us sadly.

Yea it's big. Big names potentially not being Mets after this season.

I'd hate to lose deGrom to anyone, but especially a divisional rival in Atlanta. But at the end of the day it is his decision.

I would be sad to lose all of these guys but I definitely see it in the future for us sadly.
That’s definitely understandable. Key guys going straight to rival teams is tough. But that’s true.

Definitely understandable tough losses to have.

That’s definitely understandable. Key guys going straight to rival teams is tough. But that’s true.

Definitely understandable tough losses to have.
Yea.

Whatever happens it looks like our team is gonna look a whole lot different come next season.

Ok, my picks were already destroyed but wow…. Phillies leading 4-1 against the Braves is crazy to me lol. I’m watching for a bit now. Only 3rd inning but still wow. Thomson has gotten these Phillies playing different then I could have ever expected after that early season pitching woes.

Ok, my picks were already destroyed but wow…. Phillies leading 4-1 against the Braves is crazy to me lol. I’m watching for a bit now. Only 3rd inning but still wow. Thomson has gotten these Phillies playing different then I could have ever expected after that early season pitching woes.
Holy crap wtf? The Phillies have been shit all season and now they’re a post season juggernaut? I wasn’t expecting that. I’m not watching and I almost don’t believe you lmao that’s absurd! Rip playoffs predictions I guess!

Holy crap wtf? The Phillies have been shit all season and now they’re a post season juggernaut? I wasn’t expecting that. I’m not watching and I almost don’t believe you lmao that’s absurd! Rip playoffs predictions I guess!
Lmao! Man, I’d get it if not believing what I was saying. But yeah…. I don’t get it at all. Cards I’d have definitely seen having a better shot against the Braves. It’s only GM 1 but, 6-1 is getting beyond crazy. Phillies becoming a postseason juggernaut is not what I’d have ever seen coming. Mine were destroyed already with the wildcard round results but true. Very true.

Duuuuude wtf it’s 6-1 Phillies
Yeah, I’m at a loss. Philly could actually knock off back to back superior teams imo and one possibly getting knocked out could be the defending champs. Only game 1…. But still a big wow factor from me with these Phillies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back