Chitchat Chat for baseball fans

Edric Blight

HE SHOOTS! HE SCOOOOORES!
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
I made one for hockey fans, so I'll do one for baseball fans. Anyone even into baseball on this site? MLB? Anyone? lol

Yeah baseball fan here too. Grew up a Yankees fan with the childhood favorite and all time favorite ball player being Hideki Matsui. Also a big Brewers fan and love their ballpark that I think changed its name from Miller Park to American Family field at some point… But yeah a fan here too.

MLB Teams Rankings List by Most/Least Favorite (Division by Division:

AL East:
1. Yankees
2. Toronto Blue Jays
3. Baltimore Orioles
4. Tampa Bay Rays
5. Boston Red Sox (Hate. Not even close to the others in this division for me personally)

AL Central:
1. Kansas City Royals ( I was really happy for them when they finally got that World Series title in ‘15)
2. Minnesota Twins (Honestly 2-5 is pretty close in this division for me. But Twins squeak by for 2nd. Overall mostly neutral with this division outside of KC)
3. Chicago White Sox
4. Cleveland Indians/Guardians (Sorry, still adjusting to this new name and logo. But edited in)
5. Detroit Tigers

AL West:
1. Oakland Athletics (Gonna suck if they move to Vegas or anywhere else imo. Hope it doesn’t happen.)
2. Seattle Mariners
3. Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim
4. Texas Rangers
5. Houston Astros (Hate. Again not even close in this division for me with this team and the others in it)

NL East:
1. Washington Nationals (Kinda tough ranking this division for me tbh.
2. Miami Marlins (Almost put Florida… Old habits with the era I grew up with)
3. New York Mets
4. Atlanta Braves (Honestly could be either or with Mets. Pretty neutral for me with this division for the most part.)
5. Philadelphia Phillies

NL Central:
1. Milwaukee Brewers
2. Chicago Cubs
3. Cincinnati Reds
4. Pittsburgh Pirates
5. St. Louis Cardinals

NL West:
1. Arizona Diamondbacks
2. Colorado Rockies (07’ World Series, I was pulling for this team to win it so much. It was tough for me with that loss to Boston)
3. San Diego Padres
4. San Francisco Giants
5. Los Angeles Dodgers (Hate. One of those, it’s not even close in this division for me)

Anyways… I did a rankings list like this for NHL teams in that related thread so figured I’d post one here for MLB.

Mets sweep the double header with the Pirates. Big 10-0 win tonight!

The Shittsburgh Pirates have sunken!

If the Brewers miss out on the Playoffs and the Phillies get in…….. That’s going to be incredibly frustrating and a very tough pill to swallow. Padres? Fine. I won’t like it cause Milwaukee missed their opportunity and squandered some games away. While San Diego making it would kinda be the point of that roster and a massive fail if they don’t. But come on, the Phillies? You gotta be kidding me. I knew Milwaukee wasn’t doing that great, we fell off no doubts. We’ve got issues. But seeing again that playoff picture as it looks now was a slap back to reality of just how miserable this might turn out if Philly makes it in and Brewers get mathematically eliminated. Man, I’m hoping for a serious win streak now more then ever this season. Between that and the Packers today…. Yikes it’s rough.

Alright, I’ll stop the noise there. Haha. Guess I needed to get that off my head. Back to jersey searching and pondering MLB wise during my brief time away from work.

Nice shutout by the Cards over the Dodgers! 11-0! With a well earned 700th career home run by Pujols. Two homer game to get it done.

Brewers win with Mccuthcen picking up career RBI # 1,000 for him with a three rbi game to go a little past that mark. Double W for tonight’s takeaway just from that game alone.

Sadly, Phillies now have won two against Atlanta so Wildcard race continues to stay around 2-3 game deficit for the Brew Crew.

But on another note the Astros got shutout by the Orioles! So Nice W there for Baltimore. 6-0 win.

Nice shutout by the Cards over the Dodgers! 11-0! With a well earned 700th career home run by Pujols. Two homer game to get it done.

Brewers win with Mccuthcen picking up career RBI # 1,000 for him with a three rbi game to go a little past that mark. Double W for tonight’s takeaway just from that game alone.

Sadly, Phillies now have won two against Atlanta so Wildcard race continues to stay around 2-3 game deficit for the Brew Crew.

But on another note the Astros got shutout by the Orioles! So Nice W there for Baltimore. 6-0 win.
I saw that. Crazy stuff. Pujols making history there.

W for the Brew Crew.

Can’t say I’m complaining lol, Philly winning against Atlanta is HUGE for us Mets fans.

Hell of a run and fight for a wildcard spot for the incredibly unexpected young Orioles of Baltimore! I know they were eliminated officially a few days ago, but one hell of a run for them and made it interesting for a good portion of the year and til the end imo.

Thank you Nationals! That massive 13 run game in the doubleheader was pretty nice and the W even better although Brewers still have to capitalize and quit this back and forth thing we’ve been doing.

Meanwhile the Mets keep losing to the Braves in this crucial series. It looks like the Braves are gonna win the division, which sucks.

It's over for the Mets.

We got swept by the Braves and Atlanta's gonna take the division. So sad after all this hard work this season and leading the NL East.

Embarrassing, disappointing, and pathetic.

That sucks for the Mets and their fans. While it’s pretty disappointing, the playoffs are still at hand and could even out there.

I’m about ready to call it for the Brewers. Phillies keep winning more then losing while, Milwaukee wins one game then falls the next then repeats the pattern. We don’t have that kind of energy we need to run through teams and finish strong. More like, let’s just finish the season and call it a W sort of energy instead. Feels like I’m watching my Jazz the past few years in the playoffs and getting those same vibes of something is missing and meanwhile we are just repeating the same mistakes without adjustments made or even attempted. Yet we aren’t even in the playoffs yet and likely will miss out this year.

I’ve no connection to any of the NL teams in the playoffs this year and not too many preferences. But I’m hoping the Dodgers are knocked out in the Division series against whoever comes out of the wildcard to face them or atleast kicked out in the NLCS. I don’t really want to see the Braves return either so same hopes there. I don’t see the Phillies topping the Cards if that’s the matchup and wouldn’t want to see the Phillies either. So I guess I’ve got more preference then I thought haha for the NL.

AL wise- I’m really just hoping the Astros fall early. Get kicked out in the division series would be my preference there. Too bad the Blue Jays and Mariners will be the wildcard matchup seeing both advance in place of Tampa and Cleveland might have been nice. But as long as the Astros fall and don’t make it to the World Series i’m fine. (Despite Dusty being the manager. I can’t see myself wanting to see the Astros go far into the playoffs, hated the team as a kid during the Biggio, Bagwell, Berkman era and the cheating scandal era just adds to it big time for me)

I’ve no connection to any of the NL teams in the playoffs this year and not too many preferences. But I’m hoping the Dodgers are knocked out in the Division series against whoever comes out of the wildcard to face them or atleast kicked out in the NLCS. I don’t really want to see the Braves return either so same hopes there. I don’t see the Phillies topping the Cards if that’s the matchup and wouldn’t want to see the Phillies either. So I guess I’ve got more preference then I thought haha for the NL.

AL wise- I’m really just hoping the Astros fall early. Get kicked out in the division series would be my preference there. Too bad the Blue Jays and Mariners will be the wildcard matchup seeing both advance in place of Tampa and Cleveland might have been nice. But as long as the Astros fall and don’t make it to the World Series i’m fine. (Despite Dusty being the manager. I can’t see myself wanting to see the Astros go far into the playoffs, hated the team as a kid during the Biggio, Bagwell, Berkman era and the cheating scandal era just adds to it big time for me)
Agreed with the Dodgers opinion there and your take on the Phillies v Cards. 0 way the Phillies beat the Cards.

Obviously hoping for an Astros fail but I don’t see that happening. They probably end up winning against the Yankees too like usual in the playoffs lol.

Just embarrassing for the Mets who essentially choked the divisional lead and now the Braves are gonna win it so we have to face either the Padres or maybe even the Phillies.

Super disappointed in this Mets squad, we were so damn close man. I just don’t see us ending up winning the division due to the sweep in the Braves series.

Agreed with the Dodgers opinion there and your take on the Phillies v Cards. 0 way the Phillies beat the Cards.

Obviously hoping for an Astros fail but I don’t see that happening. They probably end up winning against the Yankees too like usual in the playoffs lol.
Yeah I can’t see it happening at all. Pujols is going out strong with his bat in his final year or I’m 99% sure it was his final season. Besides the overall talent level in St. Louis filled with playoff experience and winning consistently for a long time. The pairing of Goldy and arenado is pretty damn strong especially with the seasons they’ve had this year adding to their usual production. Phillies broke the playoff drought but the vibes I get from the Cards in Pujols final year just feels like a strong NLCS run and story kind of year.

I haven’t expected anything from the Yankees in the playoffs for years. The pitching and over reliance on power was the big issues in the past with only a few names giving them a chance on the mound and from the bullpen. Lack of left handed bats and over reliance on power/home runs killed them. So big regular seasons numbers and records but that ALCS with the Cheats of Houston I believe was the only good run in recent memory that I can think of…. So yeah, til it happens, I’m not expecting much this year either. Too many consistent let downs and failing expectations come playoff time. I honestly am not sure I see both teams making the ALCS… maybe one, but not both. Obviously I’m hoping it’s definitely not Houston but we will see.

Just embarrassing for the Mets who essentially choked the divisional lead and now the Braves are gonna win it so we have to face either the Padres or maybe even the Phillies.

Super disappointed in this Mets squad, we were so damn close man. I just don’t see us ending up winning the division due to the sweep in the Braves series.
Yeah that’s disappointing for sure. But overall, sometimes the division title no matter the league/sport is better not to get least for me. I’ve gone back and forth on this over the years, but I sometimes wonder if getting a bye really helps a team out instead of playing through each round. Seems like at times, the extra rest hurts more then it helps such as with the flow of the game and being in those grooves and everything else that can factor in for better or worse. Overall, the division titles are nice and great but doesn’t always match in the playoffs. But again that’s just me, I know I’m in the minority there but it’s a growing thought for me and seeing different playoff pictures play out across different sports in recent years. Still would like the division wins cause who wouldn’t. But might help some teams not having the bye and getting a lower seed. Not all, but some.

Larussa stepping down hopefully nothing too serious health wise. Curious where the White Sox go from here tbh. Plenty of potential in Chicago.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back