Chitchat Chat for baseball fans

Will do! I’m planning on hitting up Fanatics during one of these 65% off site wide sales code events and get a MLB jersey (A’s Alt green with a Hat), a NHL jersey with a hat and a NFL jersey with a hat all in one go. I’d include the NBA but the Jazz have brand redesigns with a very different looking roster and those aren’t available yet and idk what team I’d pick after Utah for a jersey tbh. Least one for each team and league in one shot on a big discount.
Oh that’s a good idea! Get a good sale price on it!

Jazz jersey sounds cool. My friend the Jazz fan showed me some and he likes them a lot, as do I. They look really cool.

Oh that’s a good idea! Get a good sale price on it!

Jazz jersey sounds cool. My friend the Jazz fan showed me some and he likes them a lot, as do I. They look really cool.
Agreed! Haha. They tend to come around fairly often so definitely will happen eventually found I could price that grouping together for under 700 total which isn’t bad for that many pro jerseys & hats plus my adding my local favorite college team gear on that as well.

Oh yeah? Nice! I’m honestly a bit torn on those new jerseys tbh, so giving them time to sink in with all the changes made. But the classic purple mountain jerseys still being in the alternate selection will be awesome.

Agreed! Haha. They tend to come around fairly often so definitely will happen eventually found I could price that grouping together for under 700 total which isn’t bad for that many pro jerseys & hats plus my adding my local favorite college team gear on that as well.

Oh yeah? Nice! I’m honestly a bit torn on those new jerseys tbh, so giving them time to sink in with all the changes made. But the classic purple mountain jerseys still being in the alternate selection will be awesome.
Oh that’s cool. Yea, treat yourself, get a few jerseys.

I personally thought the purple mountain jerseys were pretty cool. Not that bad, I’m sure you’ll all get warmed up to it.

Oh that’s cool. Yea, treat yourself, get a few jerseys.

I personally thought the purple mountain jerseys were pretty cool. Not that bad, I’m sure you’ll all get warmed up to it.
True haha.

Yeah those great. Yeah they aren’t bad just a adjustment for the most part. Fits with the timing and all the other team changes too. So it will happen with the warming up just some time is all.

True haha.

Yeah those great. Yeah they aren’t bad just a adjustment for the most part. Fits with the timing and all the other team changes too. So it will happen with the warming up just some time is all.
Yep. Exactly.

Also unrelated note, I forgot, you guys lost Donny to the Cavs I think. I remember my friend was pretty surprised with that news back when that all went down.

Yep. Exactly.

Also unrelated note, I forgot, you guys lost Donny to the Cavs I think. I remember my friend was pretty surprised with that news back when that all went down.
Oh yeah, I like the players we got back though surprised with all the talk we acquired fewer 1st round picks then rumored in all other potential deals for Spyda. But yeah, a lot of changes with Spyda going to Cleveland and Rudy to Minnesota now Bogey heading to Detroit in a terrible and underwhelming trade for us. The longer things went on after Rudy was traded i figured he would get moved but was shocked when the Cavs came through and got him. It seemed like Knicks were the only team that was likely and rumored as the for sure destination.

Oh yeah, I like the players we got back though surprised with all the talk we acquired fewer 1st round picks then rumored in all other potential deals for Spyda. But yeah, a lot of changes with Spyda going to Cleveland and Rudy to Minnesota now Bogey heading to Detroit in a terrible and underwhelming trade for us. The longer things went on after Rudy was traded i figured he would get moved but was shocked when the Cavs came through and got him. It seemed like Knicks were the only team that was likely and rumored as the for sure destination.
Ok that’s good that y’all got something in return.

Oh yea Gobert to Minny.

Yea pretty crazy I remember the hype and speculation about Mitchell going home to play for the Knicks. Lotta disappointed Knicks fans.

Ok that’s good that y’all got something in return.

Oh yea Gobert to Minny.

Yea pretty crazy I remember the hype and speculation about Mitchell going home to play for the Knicks. Lotta disappointed Knicks fans.
Yeah it was a nice return. The key name we got in return is a pretty solid and similar style player to Spyda with plenty of upside and averages 20+ per game, he’s seeming excited to join the team and quickly signed a long extension after the trade was announced. so plenty of positives if we’ve got to lose Spyda.

Yeah. That experiment with Kat will be interesting to see. Funny how quick the tune changes in national media about Rudy once him being on another team is rumored to happen with possible destinations and then when it happens as well. Lmao. I’ll digress haha…. Big national media figure heads can bring out some rants pretty quickly. But yeah he’s in Minny.

Yeah that’s gotta be pretty disappointing. And while their were trade packages I’d have liked with the Knicks I think even though Spyda is great it would have been a mistake by the Knicks imo to give away what they would have to make the trade happen. I also don’t think him and Brunson with Rose would have worked too well with the remaining guards on the roster after such a trade. So, Knicks I think made the right move by not trading the farm and future picks for Spyda with that current roster after the trade.

Imo, Knicks just need to keep the path they are on right now. Trending up with solid young pieces with high upside and the cap space and picks to keep building…. Small market style but works and is the right move I think for them right now.

Yeah it was a nice return. The key name we got in return is a pretty solid and similar style player to Spyda with plenty of upside and averages 20+ per game, he’s seeming excited to join the team and quickly signed a long extension after the trade was announced. so plenty of positives if we’ve got to lose Spyda.

Yeah. That experiment with Kat will be interesting to see. Funny how quick the tune changes in national media about Rudy once him being on another team is rumored to happen with possible destinations and then when it happens as well. Lmao. I’ll digress haha…. Big national media figure heads can bring out some rants pretty quickly. But yeah he’s in Minny.

Yeah that’s gotta be pretty disappointing. And while their were trade packages I’d have liked with the Knicks I think even though Spyda is great it would have been a mistake by the Knicks imo to give away what they would have to make the trade happen. I also don’t think him and Brunson with Rose would have worked too well with the remaining guards on the roster after such a trade. So, Knicks I think made the right move by not trading the farm and future picks for Spyda with that current roster after the trade.
That’s pretty good for the Jazz.

Can’t say I follow or keep up with or know much about the NBA and NBA news.

Interesting tho that you think the Knicks made the right move. You certainly would know more about that than me lol.

That’s pretty good for the Jazz.

Can’t say I follow or keep up with or know much about the NBA and NBA news.

Interesting tho that you think the Knicks made the right move. You certainly would know more about that than me lol.
Agreed.

Yeah I remember that now haha. I remembered before but sometimes the slip passes anyway.

Yeah, biased aside and even with, I could honestly say I think that was the right move for the Knicks. Even as disappointing as it would be for Knicks fans right now. I can’t think of a MLB or NHL comp at the moment but yeah. Lol.

Agreed.

Yeah I remember that now haha. I remembered before but sometimes the slip passes anyway.

Yeah, biased aside and even with, I could honestly say I think that was the right move for the Knicks. Even as disappointing as it would be for Knicks fans right now. I can’t think of a MLB or NHL comp at the moment but yeah. Lol.
All good.

Yea must be pretty disappointing for Knicks fans because there’s tons I see a lot living here in NY where their fan base is. Certainly hard being a Knicks fan these days it seems.

All good.

Yea must be pretty disappointing for Knicks fans because there’s tons I see a lot living here in NY where their fan base is. Certainly hard being a Knicks fan these days it seems.
Yeah that’s true. It’s kinda tough I’d imagine, probably tougher then I’d see it from afar since I’m not a Knicks fan and not anywhere near the city and state of NY. But they do have a pretty decent team it’s just young and too much was made in the national media about the Knicks during their playoff appearance/run two seasons ago. Understandable why just made it tougher when they fell back and seemed to regress a bit this past season in the follow up. But they should be fine this year and compete for a playoff spot in the East, if Thibs and management doesn’t screw it up. Thibs though can be a stubborn and hard nosed coach that specializes in defense so offense and playing younger guys more can be a issue it seems like at times.

Yeah that’s true. It’s kinda tough I’d imagine, probably tougher then I’d see it from afar since I’m not a Knicks fan and not anywhere near the city and state of NY. But they do have a pretty decent team it’s just young and too much was made in the national media about the Knicks during their playoff appearance/run two seasons ago. Understandable why just made it tougher when they fell back and seemed to regress a bit this past season in the follow up. But they should be fine this year and compete for a playoff spot in the East, if Thibs and management doesn’t screw it up. Thibs though can be a stubborn and hard nosed coach that specializes in defense so offense and playing younger guys more can be a issue it seems like at times.
Yea lots of Knicks fans here (for obvious reasons tho). Don’t expect any from where you’re at lol.

But yea hopefully they can at least make the playoffs for their fans lol. Gotta give them something to cheer for.

Yea lots of Knicks fans here (for obvious reasons tho). Don’t expect any from where you’re at lol.

But yea hopefully they can at least make the playoffs for their fans lol. Gotta give them something to cheer for.
Yeah true and understandable. Not really lol, In fact can’t say I’ve seen any Knicks jerseys and hats worn around this state haha. Plenty of Boston fans in both Baseball and Basketball. Some giants fans football wise. Maybe some Nets fans….. But most I’d say jumped on board after KD and Kyrie joined with only one I know being more likely a real Nets fan since he’s from NY I believe. (He’s pretty much all NY for his teams along with RSL for local in state teams. But I think he’s said to be from NY along with his family.) So yeah, I can’t recall ever seeing one Knicks fan here now that you brought it up. But even for Nets it’s pretty limited too. Lakers, Celtics & Jazz are the majority in UT from my experience and what I’ve seen so far.

True lol. Hopefully they do and NY Knicks fans have something positive going forward.

Yeah true and understandable. Not really lol, In fact can’t say I’ve seen any Knicks jerseys and hats worn around this state haha. Plenty of Boston fans in both Baseball and Basketball. Some giants fans football wise. Maybe some Nets fans….. But most I’d say jumped on board after KD and Kyrie joined with only one I know being more likely a real Nets fan since he’s from NY I believe. (He’s pretty much all NY for his teams along with RSL for local in state teams. But I think he’s said to be from NY along with his family.) So yeah, I can’t recall ever seeing one Knicks fan here now that you brought it up. But even for Nets it’s pretty limited too. Lakers, Celtics & Jazz are the majority in UT from my experience and what I’ve seen so far.

True lol. Hopefully they do and NY Knicks fans have something positive going forward.
Makes sense about the Knicks jerseys not being spotted there lol. Boston tho is interesting to see there.

Yea lol, sucks that NY’s main NBA team isn’t too good.

Makes sense about the Knicks jerseys not being spotted there lol. Boston tho is interesting to see there.

Yea lol, sucks that NY’s main NBA team isn’t too good.
Yeah the amount of Boston fans I’ve seen throughout my life in UT is odd. Curious but odd. I’d say it kinda sucks since that’s one state that’s pretty much filled with teams I can’t stand haha but Ah well. But yeah we’ve got quite a few. A old school friend that’s still in UT is a die hard Celtics fan and another guy who bowls on one of my teams is a Red Sox going by his hat he always wears. Makes me wonder how many are true fans and how many are brand fans? Lol.

True lol. Not going to lie, I wish NJ kept the Nets (Nothing personal to NY though. Personally just miss seeing the old NJ Nets.) but either way… Sucks that NY has the struggles they do with their main NBA team.

Yeah the amount of Boston fans I’ve seen throughout my life in UT is odd. Curious but odd. I’d say it kinda sucks since that’s one state that’s pretty much filled with teams I can’t stand haha but Ah well. But yeah we’ve got quite a few. A old school friend that’s still in UT is a die hard Celtics fan and another guy who bowls on one of my teams is a Red Sox going by his hat he always wears. Makes me wonder how many are true fans and how many are brand fans? Lol.

True lol. Not going to lie, I wish NJ kept the Nets (Nothing personal to NY though. Personally just miss seeing the old NJ Nets.) but either way… Sucks that NY has the struggles they do with their main NBA team.
That’s crazy. Maybe bandwagoning from when Boston sports were really good and in top shape.

Nah fair enough. Would be cool for NJ to have a team since NY already has the Knicks. Totally agree.

That’s crazy. Maybe bandwagoning from when Boston sports were really good and in top shape.

Nah fair enough. Would be cool for NJ to have a team since NY already has the Knicks. Totally agree.
Probably lol. When it comes to non Jazz and RSL fans, I get that feeling since we don’t have another other pro/major level teams in sports and we had quite the band jump when VGK hit the league and the AV’s were down for a bit in comparison. Least it really seemed like it as those are the two main NHL teams majority wise in UT.

Oh? Cool. Yeah it would have been and would be cool to see NJ get a team. I know the base or I’m guessing really, the fanbase would definitely be there with the right arena and ownership to support them long term. Personally, i always kinda liked the Nets when they were New Jersey. Still alright now but yeah NJ would be cool. Talks of expanding have been there for a few years now as a strong likelihood with Seattle finally and quite likely getting their Sonics back so NJ in the East makes a lot of sense to me. (Although Lebron is pushing for a team for him to own in Vegas… So who knows what will happen.)

Probably lol. When it comes to non Jazz and RSL fans, I get that feeling since we don’t have another other pro/major level teams in sports and we had quite the band jump when VGK hit the league and the AV’s were down for a bit in comparison. Least it really seemed like it as those are the two main NHL teams majority wise in UT.

Oh? Cool. Yeah it would have been and would be cool to see NJ get a team. I know the base or I’m guessing really, the fanbase would definitely be there with the right arena and ownership to support them long term. Personally, i always kinda liked the Nets when they were New Jersey. Still alright now but yeah NJ would be cool. Talks of expanding have been there for a few years now as a strong likelihood with Seattle finally and quite likely getting their Sonics back so NJ in the East makes a lot of sense to me. (Although Lebron is pushing for a team for him to own in Vegas… So who knows what will happen.)
Oh God don’t get me started on the VGK band wagon lmao.

I think they should be the NJ Nets. Brooklyn is a part of NY, seems weird to have another team there. Just keep the Knicks for NY and give Jersey back their team lol.

Oh God don’t get me started on the VGK band wagon lmao.

I think they should be the NJ Nets. Brooklyn is a part of NY, seems weird to have another team there. Just keep the Knicks for NY and give Jersey back their team lol.
Oh yeah lol. I know and get it haha.

Agreed. Charlotte got the Hornets name back after years of New Orleans using it. Makes sense to give NJ the Nets should they get another team. Also yeah, I didn’t get the move to Brooklyn but then again I was biased and liked the idea of New Jersey sticking around and that history too. But I’d agree with that lol. Knicks for NY and Nets for NJ. Fair imo.

Royals Ousted Matheny as Manager and they already fired Moore as GM/president whichever role he had. Larussa no longer a manger in Chicago. Rangers fired Woodward awhile ago. 3 interesting manager jobs already open and maybe more coming if the experts are right rumor wise? I heard Nevin will stick as manager of the Angels in 23. Although L.A Angels could go in any number of ways roster wise this off-season.

Oh yeah lol. I know and get it haha.

Agreed. Charlotte got the Hornets name back after years of New Orleans using it. Makes sense to give NJ the Nets should they get another team. Also yeah, I didn’t get the move to Brooklyn but then again I was biased and liked the idea of New Jersey sticking around and that history too. But I’d agree with that lol. Knicks for NY and Nets for NJ. Fair imo.

Royals Ousted Matheny as Manager and they already fired Moore as GM/president whichever role he had. Larussa no longer a manger in Chicago. Rangers fired Woodward awhile ago. 3 interesting manager jobs already open and maybe more coming if the experts are right rumor wise? I heard Nevin will stick as manager of the Angels in 23. Although L.A Angels could go in any number of ways roster wise this off-season.
Wasn’t aware of that. Interesting tid bit.

Also damn this I did not know. All news to me, wow. Big stuff.

LA Angeles are bad man, 8 year playoff drought with all that talent.

Wasn’t aware of that. Interesting tid bit.

Also damn this I did not know. All news to me, wow. Big stuff.

LA Angeles are bad man, 8 year playoff drought with all that talent.
Yeah, New Orleans a few years or so…. Maybe 2016-ish gave the Hornets back to Charlotte. since once upon a time Charlotte relocated to New Orleans with the hornets name being kept, then a couple years later Charlotte came back as the Bobcats through expansion (02/03 maybe?) But yeah, New Orleans rebranded as the Pelicans around 16/17 ish and Charlotte finally got their name and nostalgic brand back. Early 90’s hornets were a huge brand and exciting team to watch and overall they’ve got a massive support/passionate fan base in North Carolina no matter which era of Hornets. Bobcats were not too well liked just tolerated from what I’ve heard, kinda like the taboo merch to have if you are from or live there and support the team. Lol. Short story, Bobcats merch didn’t sale too well at all during their time and Hornets merch sold/sales like hot cakes.

Yeah. It’s developing into some big stuff.

Yeah, it’s really unfortunate and I feel bad for those fans and Trout. Love the loyalty he has for the Angels though. Just wish they would quit screwing this up. Angels should have never been this bad and especially not for this long with all the talent they’ve collected. Trout, Ohtani and Rendon (When he’s healthy) just for a start says playoffs…. But somehow they can’t get it right in Anaheim. I can’t wrap my head around it, really…. Maybe pitching depth and depth overall to support their stars but still feels like the coaching staff on up is the issue. (Idk about Nevin yet. Think he would need more time and healthy stars to get a more clear and fair chance as the interim manager.)

Yeah, New Orleans a few years or so…. Maybe 2016-ish gave the Hornets back to Charlotte. since once upon a time Charlotte relocated to New Orleans with the hornets name being kept, then a couple years later Charlotte came back as the Bobcats through expansion (02/03 maybe?) But yeah, New Orleans rebranded as the Pelicans around 16/17 ish and Charlotte finally got their name and nostalgic brand back. Early 90’s hornets were a huge brand and exciting team to watch and overall they’ve got a massive support/passionate fan base in North Carolina no matter which era of Hornets. Bobcats were not too well liked just tolerated from what I’ve heard, kinda like the taboo merch to have if you are from or live there and support the team. Lol. Short story, Bobcats merch didn’t sale too well at all during their time and Hornets merch sold/sales like hot cakes.

Yeah. It’s developing into some big stuff.

Yeah, it’s really unfortunate and I feel bad for those fans and Trout. Love the loyalty he has for the Angels though. Just wish they would quit screwing this up. Angels should have never been this bad and especially not for this long with all the talent they’ve collected. Trout, Ohtani and Rendon (When he’s healthy) just for a start says playoffs…. But somehow they can’t get it right in Anaheim. I can’t wrap my head around it, really…. Maybe pitching depth and depth overall to support their stars but still feels like the coaching staff on up is the issue. (Idk about Nevin yet. Think he would need more time and healthy stars to get a more clear and fair chance as the interim manager.)
Damn. I never knew that the Hornets weren’t always in Charlotte and were relocated.

Speaking of Trout and loyalty, Ohtani is surprisingly loyal to the Angels too. He just signed a huge one year deal with them. Kind of sad to see his talent wasted away there tbh.

Damn. I never knew that the Hornets weren’t always in Charlotte and were relocated.

Speaking of Trout and loyalty, Ohtani is surprisingly loyal to the Angels too. He just signed a huge one year deal with them. Kind of sad to see his talent wasted away there tbh.
Yeah, Charlotte was there originally til the early 2000’s were the Hornets, then got relocated due to a ownership deal/issue then expansion brought Charlotte back as the bobcats til New Orleans gave up the name years later. But yeah.

I saw that one. A one year 30 Million dollar deal for arbitration I think, either way a huge deal there for one year. Nice show of loyalty by him though. It’s really just sad that incompetent management and ownership is ruining a great field of talent that just needs some depth and right people in charge and on the bench coaching. Cause player wise they are pretty good and it’s definitely sad to see that wasted and fans having to live through this hardship. But part of me, I’m thinking this could be a massive off-season with one side thinking a massive overhaul will happen with even Ohtani and Trout being moved, Rendon too probably or a complete buy in and retool with smart moves to try and get this right for a big playoff run. It’s gotta be one or the other imo Can’t risk losing Ohtani for nothing after this one year deal is up and can’t expect Ohtani to sign long term with this mismanagement going on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back