Chitchat Chat for baseball fans

Oh damn this is news to me. Wasn’t aware.
Yeah he stepped down yesterday or the night before due to health issues/concerns that caused him to miss time. The fit was kinda weird imo back when they hired him and didn’t seem to work out from my pov. But wouldn’t have wished for the health issues though.

Yeah he stepped down yesterday or the night before due to health issues/concerns that caused him to miss time. The fit was kinda weird imo back when they hired him and didn’t seem to work out from my pov. But wouldn’t have wished for the health issues though.
Oh yikes, that’s always sad to hear. Health issues suck. Hope everything is ok.

Ok, I’ll likely be wrong but with the matchups set for the playoffs figured I’d try my hand at Predictions… 98.2% unbiased and heavy use of regular season head to head records in 2022. (Though one or two teams I might still pick against the regular season head to head outcomes for various reasons. Non biased related.)

AL Wildcard-
Tampa Bay Rays vs Cleveland Guardians (Pick: CG. Lead the regular season head to head series and somehow those guys with Francona just seem to keep figuring it out and they’ve got some pretty underrated guys over there imo. Still a terrible name fit imo though lol. Too marvel esque for me even as a marvel fan)

Toronto Blue Jays vs Seattle Mariners (Pick: Toronto. Tough series to pick for me, kinda wish the matchups in the wildcard were different cause I’d have liked to have seen both make it past the wildcard. Anyways, Toronto led the series record in the Regular season, idk if J-Rod is healthy enough to return and be that young force to be reckoned with for Seattle. Also, a great story and great to see the Mariners finally break that streak of no playoffs. I love it. But i also kinda feel like this great story and run will end in the wildcard and lead to a ‘build-on-this’ kinda deal moving forward. They could easily get back next season and make another positive step forward. Young team, right manager but wildcard exit against Toronto I think this time round.)

NL Wildcard-

Philadelphia Phillies vs St. Louis Cardinals (Pick: Cardinals. Surprising to me they ‘Philly’ led the series in the regular season if I recall the record correctly, might be a bit off cause I looked up each possible head to head record that could be relevant with all these playoff teams including potential later round matchups as well. So maybe off, but pretty sure that’s correct. But, Cardinals don’t feel like a wildcard exit, much better team with two legit MVP candidates on the corners of that infield, great vets with a lot of playoff exp, a good manager leading the way and overall just the better team imo. Plus the vibes in Pujols last season and having Molina and Wainwright there too…. Kinda feels like they could go for awhile this October.)

San Diego Padres vs New York Mets (Pick: NYM. Honestly one of the toughest matchups to pick for me from a top team matchup perspective and no bias or preference to lean towards. The Padres led the series in the regular season, at times they look explosive and unstoppable with the runs they can put on the board and on paper, the pitching staff they have going for them. But they remind me too much of the Yankees right now. Incredible expectations and potential with young superstar bats on the roster and alot of money spent on the team around them, yet seem to fail in the big moments when it counts most. Would have preferred them over the Dodgers for the division title by far, matchup wise the record suggests the Mets favor against the Dodgers in the Head-Head. But I digress, I’ll pick Mets here. Strong team and Padres need to prove it with or without Talis Jr ‘Who should still be serving the suspension plus the shoulder surgery he had’ they still have to prove it much like the Yankees. So NYM here.)

AL Division Series-
Cleveland Guardians vs New York Yankees (Pick: NYY. I think I saw Yankees led this series, but either way I think NYY could get it done least for one series. If the bats are going like they can potentially, idk if CG can keep up as good as they can be with some of the great and underrated guys they have and with Tito on bench that can always be a positive factor for his teams but still not sure they can keep up if all goes NYY’s way. So despite Playoff Yankees reservations, I’ll still pick them here.)

Toronto Blue Jays vs Houston Astros (Pick: Toronto. Ok, Bias yes, But also the series head to head was fairly good for Toronto and had the edge record wise going to them or if I’m wrong it was still pretty even. Vlady Jr and company I think take this series and I’d much rather see them over the Astros, So for multiple reasons I’ll take the Blue Jays while most would probably see the Astros going to the ALCS and possibly the Series itself. Let’s make it happen Jays! Upset time!)

NL Division Series-
St. Louis Cardinals vs Atlanta Braves (Pick: Cards. Tough pick imo. I can see both happen, the regular season series favors the Braves and they can be a very strong team that’s looking to defend their championship and repeat. But, Cards are pretty good in their own right and the vibes just seem to be their right now for me. I don’t know if the Braves can repeat and I think playoff cards could upset the defending champs in a tough series. I could be wrong here, a strong possibility more so then any other imo from my picks. But Cards and I’ll stick to it.)

New York Mets vs Los Angeles Dodgers (Pick: NYM. This series favored the Mets in the regular season and it wasn’t too close overall series record wise. unless the source was wrong or I recalled wrong amidst all the research I was doing with all teams and potential playoff matchups, besides the locked in series matchups we have starting out with the wildcard. Dodgers continue to look like a dynasty level team or least the closest they’ve had to one throughout their history with recent years and continued big money/prospect spending on Stars, etc. But I’ll lean towards the Mets. Mets/Padres seemed tougher to pick for me then here but Bias against the Dodgers is honestly a part to consider as well. Either way, Mets is the pick.)

ALCS-
Toronto Blue Jays vs New York Yankees (Pick: Toronto. Kinda the upset pick here. Season series was pretty close though and usually always is a tough series for both teams. But Playoffs Yankees is tough to pick twice for me and these young Blue Jays I think will be continue making the upward trend in the coming years… barring a collapse and selling off top players cause of cap or management/owner stupidity. So, saying that, I think this could be a year to possibly make the World Series led by the young stars they have and quality vets they went out and got. So, yeah, Blue Jays here.)

NLCS-
St. Louis Cardinals vs New York Mets (Pick: NYM. Regular season series seemed to heavily favor the Mets here and I can’t say it was record wise a close series in the end. Idk why cause I didn’t see these teams go head to head this year, so don’t know all the inside specific details but record wise in the head to head Cards had it rough with some games being a 5+ run difference. So, I think it will play out with the Cards nice run ending here and the Mets returning to the Series after roughly 7 years.)

So, I’m predicting this for the World Series in 2022: ‘Odds of being wrong- 75%’

Toronto Blue Jays vs New York Mets

I love all these predictions tbh! A lot I agreed with, some I feel could go either way, and a few surprising ones (particularly the Cards beating the Braves).

It’s not insanity tho, my friend is with you and he thinks the Cardinals are gonna be a force to be reckoned with this post season and that they’re heavily being slept on.

For me, Cleveland vs Tampa can go either way. I personally think the Rays will take it but again, I wouldn’t be surprised in the slightest if the Guardians beat the Rays in that series.

I do think tho whoever wins that and goes to face the New York Yankees loses to them. So just my prediction, Rays beat the Guards and face the Yankees, losing to the Yankees.

As for Toronto vs Seattle, agreed. I think the Jays will beat the Mariners, wouldn’t be surprised. I don’t see the Mariners going anywhere. It’s a miracle they made the post season after all these years lol.

But I’ll have to respectfully disagree with you on what happens next regarding the Jays. I honestly just don’t see the Jays going onto beat the Astros. As much as I dislike the Astros and would want the Blue Jays to beat them, I don’t see it happening. Astros are too strong of a team imo.

Cardinals tho 100000000% beat the Phillies. I just don’t see them beating the Braves once they face them. Braves move on after facing the Cardinals imo.

As for the Mets, I say we definitely win against the Padres in that series, possible sweep but I won’t count on it. After that it’s Mets v Dodgers. This could go either way tbh trying to realistically think of this from an unbiased standpoint. For most of the season I would have said hell yea the Mets beat the Dodgers, now I think it’s a bit of a toss up. But I honestly think the Mets have it in them. They could 100% beat the Dodgers. I have a feeling LA’s bull pen might bite them in the ass. I think the Mets might very well beat LA to play the Braves next who I think of course will win against the Cards.

In a Braves v Mets series, I honestly don’t know. I could see either taking it but after these last few games and getting swept by Atlanta, I sadly see Atlanta winning and making it to the WS as a very real possibility.

Call me crazy but I think a 2021 part two is a very likely situation. I think the Yankees beat the Rays/Guardians and then lose to the Astros as per usual, and Astros go back to the finals to face the Braves.

Could go completely different tho but these are kind of my predictions for this year’s post season. I did like yours tho too. Solid.

I love all these predictions tbh! A lot I agreed with, some I feel could go either way, and a few surprising ones (particularly the Cards beating the Braves).

It’s not insanity tho, my friend is with you and he thinks the Cardinals are gonna be a force to be reckoned with this post season and that they’re heavily being slept on.

For me, Cleveland vs Tampa can go either way. I personally think the Rays will take it but again, I wouldn’t be surprised in the slightest if the Guardians beat the Rays in that series.

I do think tho whoever wins that and goes to face the New York Yankees loses to them. So just my prediction, Rays beat the Guards and face the Yankees, losing to the Yankees.

As for Toronto vs Seattle, agreed. I think the Jays will beat the Mariners, wouldn’t be surprised. I don’t see the Mariners going anywhere. It’s a miracle they made the post season after all these years lol.

But I’ll have to respectfully disagree with you on what happens next regarding the Jays. I honestly just don’t see the Jays going onto beat the Astros. As much as I dislike the Astros and would want the Blue Jays to beat them, I don’t see it happening. Astros are too strong of a team imo.

Cardinals tho 100000000% beat the Phillies. I just don’t see them beating the Braves once they face them. Braves move on after facing the Cardinals imo.

As for the Mets, I say we definitely win against the Padres in that series, possible sweep but I won’t count on it. After that it’s Mets v Dodgers. This could go either way tbh trying to realistically think of this from an unbiased standpoint. For most of the season I would have said hell yea the Mets beat the Dodgers, now I think it’s a bit of a toss up. But I honestly think the Mets have it in them. They could 100% beat the Dodgers. I have a feeling LA’s bull pen might bite them in the ass. I think the Mets might very well beat LA to play the Braves next who I think of course will win against the Cards.

In a Braves v Mets series, I honestly don’t know. I could see either taking it but after these last few games and getting swept by Atlanta, I sadly see Atlanta winning and making it to the WS as a very real possibility.

Call me crazy but I think a 2021 part two is a very likely situation. I think the Yankees beat the Rays/Guardians and then lose to the Astros as per usual, and Astros go back to the finals to face the Braves.

Could go completely different tho but these are kind of my predictions for this year’s post season. I did like yours tho too. Solid.
Appreciate it! Lol. Figured I’d throw some out there today since I’m laid up in bed and can’t do much else. Also just a fun little time passer with the matchups being set for the wildcard.

Oh? He does hey? Cool! Glad I’m not the only one here getting those same vibes. I’d definitely agree with him though, they are being slept on imo and I get those vibes as well once the postseason hits. I do have a friend from St. Louis that’s been in UT for a long time now and he’s a diehard Cards/Blues fan so I know who he’s taking and feels about them. But that aside, yeah, I feel the same as your friend there.

Yeah haha, I’m always willing to take a surprise/bold pick when I do these, the teams always vary but I don’t mind taking them at all. Cards reasons already mentioned and as said at the same time that series would be imo the highest possibility of being wrong tbh. I fell better about taking the Jays over the Astros especially since the regular season series was pretty close and matched well for Toronto for whatever reasons may have played into it. But both are definitely upset picks in some cases and are the two surprises I decided to run with here. Understandable why others wouldn’t take either team, also mentioned it already but yeah it’s definitely understandable. Either way, every year always seems to have that surprise team it’s just a matter of trying to predict who that dark horse/Cinderella team is going to be or could be. A bit of added fun imo with all these predictions haha. Mariners and Orioles regular seasons alone were quite incredible and great to see imo.

I’d love a Blue Jays vs NYM WS tho, that would be amazing.
Same here. I’d love to see it as well. Jays with those young guys making it back for the first time since the I think, early 90’s teams that were pretty damn good and made a few appearances. If not early 90’s then it had to have been the late 80’s. A little before my time either way. Plus the Mets as well after a few rough years since their last run.

Appreciate it! Lol. Figured I’d throw some out there today since I’m laid up in bed and can’t do much else. Also just a fun little time passer with the matchups being set for the wildcard.

Oh? He does hey? Cool! Glad I’m not the only one here getting those same vibes. I’d definitely agree with him though, they are being slept on imo and I get those vibes as well once the postseason hits. I do have a friend from St. Louis that’s been in UT for a long time now and he’s a diehard Cards/Blues fan so I know who he’s taking and feels about them. But that aside, yeah, I feel the same as your friend there.

Yeah haha, I’m always willing to take a surprise/bold pick when I do these, the teams always vary but I don’t mind taking them at all. Cards reasons already mentioned and as said at the same time that series would be imo the highest possibility of being wrong tbh. I fell better about taking the Jays over the Astros especially since the regular season series was pretty close and matched well for Toronto for whatever reasons may have played into it. But both are definitely upset picks in some cases and are the two surprises I decided to run with here. Understandable why others wouldn’t take either team, also mentioned it already but yeah it’s definitely understandable. Either way, every year always seems to have that surprise team it’s just a matter of trying to predict who that dark horse/Cinderella team is going to be or could be. A bit of added fun imo with all these predictions haha. Mariners and Orioles regular seasons alone were quite incredible and great to see imo.

Same here. I’d love to see it as well. Jays with those young guys making it back for the first time since the I think, early 90’s teams that were pretty damn good and made a few appearances. If not early 90’s then it had to have been the late 80’s. A little before my time either way. Plus the Mets as well after a few rough years since their last run.
Yea I liked it! And this time for baseball rather than hockey like we usually do lol. Not that I mind of course since hockey is my first love, but I still enjoy baseball of course and these predictions.

Yea dude, a buddy of mine (big Yankees fan) has been constantly telling me “don’t sleep on the Cards!” and how much he thinks they’re gonna be a threat this year. So I don’t think it’s delusional, I just don’t see them making it that far. But hey, they could prove me totally wrong! I could definitely be wrong.

I sure hope Toronto really gives it a good run. I wanna see them beat the Astros if they make it there obviously. Then of course if they did that and faced the Yankees I’d hope the Jays beat the Yanks to go to the finals. But yea they definitely beat the Mariners in my eyes, shouldn’t be too hard. But again who knows, could be an upset this year.

I really hope the Mets have it in them. They show promise being able to really make a good and deep run. We just have a lot of work to get their first. Those Braves are insane tho, and I think they dial it up in the post season. Atlanta has a damn good ball club, as much as I don’t like them since they’re our rivals. That’s why they were the champs last year. They’re a force to be reckoned with and a very hard competitor and opponent for the Mets.

Yea I liked it! And this time for baseball rather than hockey like we usually do lol. Not that I mind of course since hockey is my first love, but I still enjoy baseball of course and these predictions.

Yea dude, a buddy of mine (big Yankees fan) has been constantly telling me “don’t sleep on the Cards!” and how much he thinks they’re gonna be a threat this year. So I don’t think it’s delusional, I just don’t see them making it that far. But hey, they could prove me totally wrong! I could definitely be wrong.

I sure hope Toronto really gives it a good run. I wanna see them beat the Astros if they make it there obviously. Then of course if they did that and faced the Yankees I’d hope the Jays beat the Yanks to go to the finals. But yea they definitely beat the Mariners in my eyes, shouldn’t be too hard. But again who knows, could be an upset this year.

I really hope the Mets have it in them. They show promise being able to really make a good and deep run. We just have a lot of work to get their first. Those Braves are insane tho, and I think they dial it up in the post season. Atlanta has a damn good ball club, as much as I don’t like them since they’re our rivals. That’s why they were the champs last year. They’re a force to be reckoned with and a very hard competitor and opponent for the Mets.
Yeah that’s true too, didn’t really think about it but yeah hockey has been more predictions based then baseball so far. Though honestly I’d say the hockey predictions is what kicked it all off, typically I don’t get into predictions unless I’m attempting some college ball brackets for march madness on espn or the one time I made a hockey bracket for the playoffs this past year. No real reason why I haven’t but typically I never did before now. I might keep doing these for fun going forward although some ball clubs are really tough to predict from year to year for me atleast. (Oakland being the first that comes to mind with their money ball style. Any given year it could change from one end to the other.)

Haha nice! I can understand why on both sides.

Yeah that would be cool. Agreed on the hopes there for the Jays. Understandable on the whys not to as well though.

Braves can be a tough squad to pick against. Not denying how good they are just not sure if will repeat cause that’s just a tough run for anybody to make and some pretty good teams to make it through to get to the series. But understandable either way. Braves are a good pick and tough to go against. Also, it’s understandable with the matchup for the Mets against ATL. Sometimes teams match well against one another and sometimes top teams don’t seem to match well against lower seeded teams. ATL/NYM based off the regular season and rosters, momentum would be a tough series to pick.

Yeah that’s true too, didn’t really think about it but yeah hockey has been more predictions based then baseball so far. Though honestly I’d say the hockey predictions is what kicked it all off, typically I don’t get into predictions unless I’m attempting some college ball brackets for march madness on espn or the one time I made a hockey bracket for the playoffs this past year. No real reason why I haven’t but typically I never did before now. I might keep doing these for fun going forward although some ball clubs are really tough to predict from year to year for me atleast. (Oakland being the first that comes to mind with their money ball style. Any given year it could change from one end to the other.)

Haha nice! I can understand why on both sides.

Yeah that would be cool. Agreed on the hopes there for the Jays. Understandable on the whys not to as well though.

Braves can be a tough squad to pick against. Not denying how good they are just not sure if will repeat cause that’s just a tough run for anybody to make and some pretty good teams to make it through to get to the series. But understandable either way. Braves are a good pick and tough to go against. Also, it’s understandable with the matchup for the Mets against ATL. Sometimes teams match well against one another and sometimes top teams don’t seem to match well against lower seeded teams. ATL/NYM based off the regular season and rosters, momentum would be a tough series to pick.
Ah yea, fair enough on all that.

Also man I remember Moneyball, that was an interesting movie. How far the A’s have fallen from grace now lol.

Yep. We shall see, maybe the Jays shock us.

Definitely. I agree. They’re a tough team but it can go either way. It’s not a guarantee they repeat but I honestly would not be surprised in the slightest if they did. They’re a hard team to play against.

I’d love a Mets win over Atlanta in an NYM vs Braves series tho lol. We were so close to taking the regular season series with them. So we’ve at least proven we can beat them and give them a run for their money.

Ah yea, fair enough on all that.

Also man I remember Moneyball, that was an interesting movie. How far the A’s have fallen from grace now lol.

Yep. We shall see, maybe the Jays shock us.

Definitely. I agree. They’re a tough team but it can go either way. It’s not a guarantee they repeat but I honestly would not be surprised in the slightest if they did. They’re a hard team to play against.

I’d love a Mets win over Atlanta in an NYM vs Braves series tho lol. We were so close to taking the regular season series with them. So we’ve at least proven we can beat them and give them a run for their money.
Yeah I remember that movie as well. I didn’t finish it, usually just tuned in when it’s on Hulu for awhile. But yeah, A’s go back and forth too often for me with their tear downs and retools to know which version I’ll see from year to year. Not the A’s of the 80’s and 90’s or whenever those teams would make World Series runs or the consistent playoffs teams of Zito and company that I grew up with but always a interesting club to watch for me. Still one of the teams I’ll root for personally. They definitely top the Cali based teams for me in terms of who I like in rankings and like the least. Which is one of the ideas I had, basically it’s been done already but cutting it down to ranking teams like that from multi team markets/states from sport to sport…. ? Idk. Just a small random idea lately.

Yeah that makes sense and would be good. The Braves and Dodgers being challenged like that would be a nice bonus too. But either way, the Mets definitely proved they can hang.

Yeah I remember that movie as well. I didn’t finish it, usually just tuned in when it’s on Hulu for awhile. But yeah, A’s go back and forth too often for me with their tear downs and retools to know which version I’ll see from year to year. Not the A’s of the 80’s and 90’s or whenever those teams would make World Series runs or the consistent playoffs teams of Zito and company that I grew up with but always a interesting club to watch for me. Still one of the teams I’ll root for personally. They definitely top the Cali based teams for me in terms of who I like in rankings and like the least. Which is one of the ideas I had, basically it’s been done already but cutting it down to ranking teams like that from multi team markets/states from sport to sport…. ? Idk. Just a small random idea lately.

Yeah that makes sense and would be good. The Braves and Dodgers being challenged like that would be a nice bonus too. But either way, the Mets definitely proved they can hang.
It was a cool movie and a cool true story. I liked it a lot. Also yea I find it hard to really hate the A’s in anyway lol. Especially since they are so bad now and have been for a while and just historically.

Hell yea. I’d love for the Mets to beat the Dodgers. Always a win when LA loses.

It was a cool movie and a cool true story. I liked it a lot. Also yea I find it hard to really hate the A’s in anyway lol. Especially since they are so bad now and have been for a while and just historically.

Hell yea. I’d love for the Mets to beat the Dodgers. Always a win when LA loses.
??? Off-Field the history has a lot of ups and downs. But On-Field… I’d respectfully disagree. Too many strong teams and a few World Series titles being discounted there. Even this past decade the mix has been up and down but have a plenty of strong records and winning records to consider even if the 97 win season from a few years ago or so was unexpected. Just a few miserable and some underwhelming records to mix in. Overall, tends to be the rep for the Moneyball era A’s though and usually always the case with how they do things. Hoping they stay in Oakland though and would hate to see the A’s become a Vegas team. but doesn’t look good when seeing the Odds and what MLB has been wanting for awhile in getting a team in Vegas and the pressure on Oakland to overcome MLB desires. Besides the uncertainty the locals in charge provide in getting a new stadium for the A’s in Oakland.

Agreed lol

??? Off-Field the history has a lot of ups and downs. But On-Field… I’d respectfully disagree. Too many strong teams and a few World Series titles being discounted there. Even this past decade the mix has been up and down but have a plenty of strong records and winning records to consider even if the 97 win season from a few years ago or so was unexpected. Just a few miserable and some underwhelming records to mix in. Overall, tends to be the rep for the Moneyball era A’s though and usually always the case with how they do things. Hoping they stay in Oakland though and would hate to see the A’s become a Vegas team. but doesn’t look good when seeing the Odds and what MLB has been wanting for awhile in getting a team in Vegas and the pressure on Oakland to overcome MLB desires. Besides the uncertainty the locals in charge provide in getting a new stadium for the A’s in Oakland.

Agreed lol
I must admit I don’t really know too much history of the A’s or really other teams other than the Mets. I’m probably just living too much in the present with that comment about the A’s not being good, so I’ll admit and attribute that to my younger age and my lack of history knowledge regarding the A’s. No doubt a respectable team tho.

I must admit I don’t really know too much history of the A’s or really other teams other than the Mets. I’m probably just living too much in the present with that comment about the A’s not being good, so I’ll admit and attribute that to my younger age and my lack of history knowledge regarding the A’s. No doubt a respectable team tho.
Oh no worries. No aim of mine to start something over it, I was just saying, although since my dads side is from California and growing up watching a lot of A’s games cause the Zito era and some later years got a lot of coverage in the west atleast. I seem to follow that club quite a bit. So maybe, the A’s have overtaken the Yankees on my favorites list? Just coming to that realization. I haven’t followed the Yankees near as much as I have of the A’s overall in my lifetime looking back at it. But anyways, agreed though respectable team and for a Cali based team, they are seemingly and usually always a small market underdog type. so fits my usual model of teams I tend to root for more then any other.

Oh no worries. No aim of mine to start something over it, I was just saying, although since my dads side is from California and growing up watching a lot of A’s games cause the Zito era and some later years got a lot of coverage in the west atleast. I seem to follow that club quite a bit. So maybe, the A’s have overtaken the Yankees on my favorites list? Just coming to that realization. I haven’t followed the Yankees near as much as I have of the A’s overall in my lifetime looking back at it. But anyways, agreed though respectable team and for a Cali based team, they are seemingly and usually always a small market underdog type. so fits my usual model of teams I tend to root for more then any other.
Nah I get it. I’d get a little like “wtf?” if someone said something clearly incorrect and unknowledgeable about something like that. I didn’t take any offense or take it badly, dw. I definitely don’t know too much about what I am talking about and shouldn’t have made a bold statement like that about the A’s going based off of just the past few years of recent history.

I’d definitely like the A’s over the Yankees lol, but I’m biased. But yea even tho they have a very small fanbase in reality, they’ve got a passionate few who stay and watch and support the team, even at their lowest and when they aren’t in playoff contention at all by the end of the regular season.

Like when the Mets were in town in Oakland, I had to admire (as well as the Mets booth commentators who pointed it out late in one of the games their) that there were still fans cheering them and some in one section loudly banging on drums all throughout the game in support of the A’s.

Nah I get it. I’d get a little like “wtf?” if someone said something clearly incorrect and unknowledgeable about something like that. I didn’t take any offense or take it badly, dw. I definitely don’t know too much about what I am talking about and shouldn’t have made a bold statement like that about the A’s going based off of just the past few years of recent history.

I’d definitely like the A’s over the Yankees lol, but I’m biased. But yea even tho they have a very small fanbase in reality, they’ve got a passionate few who stay and watch and support the team, even at their lowest and when they aren’t in playoff contention at all by the end of the regular season.

Like when the Mets were in town in Oakland, I had to admire (as well as the Mets booth commentators who pointed it out late in one of the games their) that there were still fans cheering them and some in one section loudly banging on drums all throughout the game in support of the A’s.
Alright cool just wanted to clear it up. I’d have assumed no offense was taken here, but following up with a clarification on my part either way just in case. And yeah, that’s true haha especially when you take into account how often you and I both could be encountering stuff across different sports and online/social media avenues in the comments. But yeah I see what you mean and understand there. Especially with this past year being absolutely terrible with 56 wins.

I get that for sure lol. Mets/Yankees being a clear and big factor I’m sure haha. I still like the Yankees but am realizing the A’s really have been more of a favorite for me. Just the jersey factor alone, I’m heavily tempted to buy a A’s jersey and definitely will when I can, probably Dermis Garcia. but not really bothered if I don’t get a Yankees jersey or not. Plenty of players I like with NYY but not nearly the same temptation.

Oh that’s awesome! Didn’t see the Mets v A’s live mostly AL west games when I’ve seen them or when they’ve played other Al clubs but yeah they do have some passionate fans and I definitely respect the fans that stick with their teams through thick and thin. It’s a tough ride no doubt, I’ve experienced plenty of it, but incredible when on the high times.

But yeah that is awesome to hear! Nice on the Mets booth making a point of it as well. That’s awesome

Alright cool just wanted to clear it up. I’d have assumed no offense was taken here, but following up with a clarification on my part either way just in case. And yeah, that’s true haha especially when you take into account how often you and I both could be encountering stuff across different sports and online/social media avenues in the comments. But yeah I see what you mean and understand there. Especially with this past year being absolutely terrible with 56 wins.

I get that for sure lol. Mets/Yankees being a clear and big factor I’m sure haha. I still like the Yankees but am realizing the A’s really have been more of a favorite for me. Just the jersey factor alone, I’m heavily tempted to buy a A’s jersey and definitely will when I can, probably Dermis Garcia. but not really bothered if I don’t get a Yankees jersey or not. Plenty of players I like with NYY but not nearly the same temptation.

Oh that’s awesome! Didn’t see the Mets v A’s live mostly AL west games when I’ve seen them or when they’ve played other Al clubs but yeah they do have some passionate fans and I definitely respect the fans that stick with their teams through thick and thin. It’s a tough ride no doubt, I’ve experienced plenty of it, but incredible when on the high times.

But yeah that is awesome to hear! Nice on the Mets booth making a point of it as well. That’s awesome
Ya all good. I get it and thanks for informing me and reminding me. Listen, I too would be confused if someone said the Mets or some other team that has a good few years of history has historically sucked.

Ooo yea I like their jerseys tbh. An A’s jersey would be a cool purchase. Any player in mind you would get or just a blank Athletics jersey?

Yea. We were crushing them but still their fans stayed and cheered on and banged on the drums. So much so the Mets booth noticed it and had to pay respect to it. I also noticed it in my head the whole game. Cool to see even tho they were A’s fans cheering against the Mets. I love passionate fans.

Ya all good. I get it and thanks for informing me and reminding me. Listen, I too would be confused if someone said the Mets or some other team that has a good few years of history has historically sucked.

Ooo yea I like their jerseys tbh. An A’s jersey would be a cool purchase. Any player in mind you would get or just a blank Athletics jersey?

Yea. We were crushing them but still their fans stayed and cheered on and banged on the drums. So much so the Mets booth noticed it and had to pay respect to it. I also noticed it in my head the whole game. Cool to see even tho they were A’s fans cheering against the Mets. I love passionate fans.
Yeah that’s definitely understandable. I can’t speak on the entire Mets history, I can only say i know probably a fraction of what a Mets fan and local NY would be able to tell. And that fraction might be still a bit high for all I know tbh. but they do have a pretty nice and also a fun history for as much as I do know about them. But yeah agreed.

They do have some awesome jerseys. I like them all, but I really like their alternate green jerseys the best. I’d either go with a former player in Khris Davis which has a green alternate authentic jersey of his for discounted price on fanatics (slightly discounted anyways still a bit high cause of the pro/on field quality it is but still would pick it) or if going with a current guy I’d probably go with Dermis Garcia. I’m not sure if I go blank or not tbh. I might lean more towards a player jersey or custom if I had a option.

Oh nice! That’s really awesome and glad to see it. Also agreed! Gotta love passionate fans

Yeah that’s definitely understandable. I can’t speak on the entire Mets history, I can only say i know probably a fraction of what a Mets fan and local NY would be able to tell. And that fraction might be still a bit high for all I know tbh. but they do have a pretty nice and also a fun history for as much as I do know about them. But yeah agreed.

They do have some awesome jerseys. I like them all, but I really like their alternate green jerseys the best. I’d either go with a former player in Khris Davis which has a green alternate authentic jersey of his for discounted price on fanatics (slightly discounted anyways still a bit high cause of the pro/on field quality it is but still would pick it) or if going with a current guy I’d probably go with Dermis Garcia. I’m not sure if I go blank or not tbh. I might lean more towards a player jersey or custom if I had a option.

Oh nice! That’s really awesome and glad to see it. Also agreed! Gotta love passionate fans
Yea despite not being the oldest and only team in NY, the Mets still have a great history.

Agreed I like their green alts the best too. They were so nice to look at when they used them when they were playing the Mets at home. Sounds like solid choices for players but even a blank alt A’s jersey is cool imo. Glad someone else agrees with liking those nice A’s alt green jerseys.

Definitely. Cool to see.

Yea despite not being the oldest and only team in NY, the Mets still have a great history.

Agreed I like their green alts the best too. They were so nice to look at when they used them when they were playing the Mets at home. Sounds like solid choices for players but even a blank alt A’s jersey is cool imo. Glad someone else agrees with liking those nice A’s alt green jerseys.

Definitely. Cool to see.
Yeah that’s for sure. Plus with the great history, they’ve also had really awesome jerseys and pretty nice stadiums to play in during my lifetime and what I’ve seen in old clips for before my time.

Yeah they are great. But yeah, the Alts would still be nice and definitely a bit of a money saver too. Oh yeah, those are awesome and nice to see others agree.

Yeah that’s for sure. Plus with the great history, they’ve also had really awesome jerseys and pretty nice stadiums to play in during my lifetime and what I’ve seen in old clips for before my time.

Yeah they are great. But yeah, the Alts would still be nice and definitely a bit of a money saver too. Oh yeah, those are awesome and nice to see others agree.
Agreed. I also like the little elephant on the ball patch on the sleeve.

Yea true, definitely a lot of money.

Agreed. I also like the little elephant on the ball patch on the sleeve.

Yea true, definitely a lot of money.
Oh yeah! Same here love that patch, one of the reasons I’ve been looking at the player quality or on-field quality (whatever MLBs top version is called) the most is wanting the patch on the sleeve.

Yeah.

Oh yeah! Same here love that patch, one of the reasons I’ve been looking at the player quality or on-field quality (whatever MLBs top version is called) the most is wanting the patch on the sleeve.

Yeah.
You’ll have to tell me if you end up purchasing it. It’s real cool.

You’ll have to tell me if you end up purchasing it. It’s real cool.
Will do! I’m planning on hitting up Fanatics during one of these 65% off site wide sales code events and get a MLB jersey (A’s Alt green with a Hat), a NHL jersey with a hat and a NFL jersey with a hat all in one go. I’d include the NBA but the Jazz have brand redesigns with a very different looking roster and those aren’t available yet and idk what team I’d pick after Utah for a jersey tbh. Least one for each team and league in one shot on a big discount.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back