• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Characters - The Crafters & The Black Veil

OOC
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here

Terrier B

Elephants can smell water.
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
Crafters and that there veil.png

Chars 4 crafters.png

This thread will be for any and all characters we play and come across within the RP.

I'll keep track of everyone's characters here, be they active or currently un-active.

! IMPORTANT NOTE !
I'm going to limit our little gang to five members, six including my own character.​
With that in mind, I'll be limiting things to one main character per person. We will have additional sort of side-mini-half characters as we go along, and our own characters families of course, but they don't count as full ones.​
I have the intention of keeping the Gang small and sweet for the time being simply for sake of building good solid story ideas and relationship-building, plus it just keeps things neat and tidy I feel.​
Deadline for character admission will be the 25th of May because I am an impatient woman!! ;0

The Rules!

Just in case you needed reminding!​

1) All RPN rules apply here!​
Listen to 'em, obey 'em. Or else! ;0​
2) I know things are a bit wild and up in the air at the moment with regards to peoples everyday lives and schedules, but if we can just keep posting relatively consistent with regards to timing that'd be swell. At least one a week will be more than fine for a minimum. But to keep things fun and inclusive for everyone, please be aware of other peoples tendencies with regards to when they post. If you want to keep something going with another currently active member (A conversation or encounter for example), maybe write it out in a private message or thread and then post the finished product so we're not clogging up the thread thank you 🌞
3) I'd appreciate at least one detailed paragraph per post for the bare minimum if that's alright, with anything longer than that being ultimately preferred. Of course length and content varies for a number of reasons, and it's fine if all you can do for the time being is just the one paragraph. So long as we don't have any one-liner, we're all good.​
4) Usual rules with regards to god-modding apply here of course. Please don't put anything plot related that's particularly extravagant straight into the IC. Discuss and ask me directly or everyone else via the OOC first. I don't won't to discourage ideas or creativity here mind you, for I'd really like this to be a combined group effort sort of RP that we can all build upon. But it's just nice manners to ask people if you can, idk, explode a castle or something 🐝
5) I really don't want to sound too bossy with this one, so take it more as a strong piece of advice than a direct rule. But please please please be aware, all the main characters in this RP are effectively peasants. They come from the middle of nowhere-ville and have probably never even seen a city before. So have fun with that for once! Give me some interesting plain Janes, make me a fun sounding everyday Jim. Lets have a day off from super-powered supermodels and all that malarky.​

Character Sheet

Full Name:
Their Full Sunday School birth-name here please.​
Nicknames and preferred names:
Whatever your character likes to be called.​
I'm going to keep this relatively open. But please bear in mind that, all the characters will be away from their homes, families and guardians, so they need to be at least somewhat capable adults. And although they might not be the bestest of pals, they at least know each other vaguely. So perhaps they should all be relatively within the same age group?​
Minimum 17+
Sexuality:
Again,can be whatever you'd like it to be.​
Appearance:
Picture and/or semi detailed description please. I don't mind drawn images or what have you, as long as they're semi-realistic.​
Height + Weight:
I know some people like to jot this down, so feel free to do so here if that's the case.​
Their Craft:
So, please put here your characters chosen craft. As mentioned in the information page, Crafts are usually a family affair, but a person can choose/learn another, if circumstances allow it. For example, if another family is willing to teach someone their craft if they show a natural ability with it, then that's fine. Different crafts can be taught and exchanged through marriage, adoption, etc. But I'd like to clarify that the usual case is Crafts just get passed down through the family. That said mind you, just because your character might be good or skilled at their craft, doesn't mean that they have to enjoy it exactly ( 👀)
(Note: If you're struggling for ideas, I've attached at the bottom of this post a list of typical middle-age-type jobs and skills for you to have a gander at)
Skills:
These will more or less be wholly dependant on their Craft, but of course they're going to know some other stuff too. Just because a character's a seamstress doesn't mean they don't know how to cook up a good stew or something. You don't have to go OTT here, but if there's skills you'd like to explain/clarify, here's the place to pop 'em.​
Common Attire + Equipment:
Simply as title implies with this one. Be as simple or as detailed as you like, it's all good. Can be purely practical, or entirely sentimental. Another reminder though that, like, in the nicest possible way. These guys are effectively peasants, haha. They're not really gonna be in possession of any diamond studded handmade envelope knife holsters or whatever.​
Personality:
As the title somewhat implies, please give a detailed description of what sort of person your character is. It doesn't have to be that long really, as long as it gives a solid enough idea of their character. Feel free to split it into Positives and Negatives too if that's what you'd like.​
Family:
You can make this as detailed or as simple as you like here, but we'll be starting the story off in the characters home-town of Trud, so it's more likely than not that their families are going to be around and there to play a part for the beginning. Considering a families ties to crafts as well, might be a good idea to give at least some thought and context to them.​
History:
Again, you don't have to give me pages for this one, or if you want to go for it, I ain't going to complain at all. Go as detailed or as simplistic as you like, but please just make it contextual and clear. It needs to back up everything else you've written about your character so far. Needs to tell me coherently whats made them who they are up to this point.​
Theme Song:
Cause we all love a good tune now don't we.​
Extra:
Feel free to pop here anything else you'd personally like to add that doesn't seem to fit anywhere else.​
For example, do they have any pets? Would you like them to hold a particular political or constitutional-like standing within the village? What's their favourite colour? Do they have a crush on someone in the village? (Do they have a crush on me?? 👀)

Potential Crafts

I'll tick off any that people have bagsied so far too.​

If you don't know what some of these are, Google holds the answer my friends.

• Dry-Stone Walling
  • Butcher
  • Baker
  • Candlestick Maker
  • Cobbler
  • Tanner
  • Wattling
  • Coppicing ☑ (Bagsied by me, Bee babey)
  • Farmer
  • Falconer
  • Haymaking
  • Milling
  • Flint Knapping
  • Spinning & Weaving
  • Herbalist
  • Stone-Mason
  • Cob Walling
  • Pargeting
  • Thatching
  • Tiling
  • Tanning
  • Black-Smithing
  • Wheel-Wrighting
  • Coopering
  • Glass-Blowing

Last edited:
Sabs.png

Sabyne Souček

Nicknames:
Friends call her Sabs, or Sabie perhaps. She doesn't mind to be honest. Her family have a pet nickname for her of 'Beanie', which winds her up to no end. But hey-ho, that's family for you.​
22. It was her birthday just two weeks ago.​
Sexuality:
If I'm being completely honest with you, she's still sort of working that one out. I'll let you know if there's any updates though.​

Sabyne.jpg

Sab's tall, broad and muscled. Fair skinned with wheat-gold hair. Her eyes are Hazel, matching the woods she works in. Small little white scars criss-cross all over her hands, marks chipped into the skin from her Craft. She likes to wear yellow too, despite her Mothers discouragement. She believes yellow makes her look more sallow and sickly. Sabyne however thinks it looks optimistic.​
Height:
5'6" at her tallest.​
Sabs' Craft:
General Woodworker - She's both a carpenter and a Coppicer. One alone isn't enough to make a living.​
Carpentry is a skill in which the primary work performed is the cutting, shaping and installation of building materials during the construction of buildings, ships, timber bridges, concrete formwork, etc. Carpenters traditionally worked with natural wood and did the rougher work such as framing. Sabyne however also works with greenwood and whittles to keep her hands busy in her rare spare time.​
Coppicing is an ancient method of Woodland management. When certain trees are felled, rather than dying they grow several new shoots very rapidly from the base of the remaining stump. After a number of years, depending on the species of tree and the use the wood will be put to, these shoots can be harvested. Further shoots will then grow, allowing the process to be repeated some years later.​
Skills:
  • Good little whittler -Sometimes she even makes gifts of them for her friends.
  • Woodland know-how -Vague but useful. Sabs works in the woods nearly all day, and therefore has come to know a good berry from a bad one. A sturdy tree from a weakling. Some of this knowledge is completely supplementary, but it's oft more useful than not.
  • Tough Cookie - Sabs Craft has made her a right proper hardy little sort. She's tough, and has a rather decent level of endurance, be it for working, or other more combative type needs. Just don't tell her Mum that she gets into fights so often!
  • Amateur Musician - Emphasis on the amateur. She can play a umber of little ditties on her Ocarina. But it's nothing more than a small hobby she dabbles in every now and then. Great for parties, not so much for survival.

Common Attire:
Sabs' favourite colour is yellow, and always chooses a nice mustard coloured shirt or tunic for everyday wear. But that's otherwise about where her stylistic choosing stop. She just simply wears whatever's most practical. If it's cold, she bundles up. If it's by some miraculous occurrence hot out, time to crack out the shorts and sandals.​
Equipment:
  • Whittling Knife - Other tools of her craft get packed and stored away at the end of the day. But Sabyne will always keep her whittling knife about her persons. She likes to keep her hands busy you see. The blade's small, with a chunky looking handle. Not capable of causing too much bodily damage, but surprisingly useful for other more practical tasks as well as just whittling.
  • Smoking Pipe - Her Brothers and Mother don't partake. But Sabs and her Dad do rather enjoy a nice quiet smoke at the end of a long working day. Her own pipe was a (secret) gift from her Dad. It's made from smooth white birch-wood, and she's added her own little engravings to it over the years.
  • Pendant Ocarina - Small, round, wooden and homemade. It was one of her first projects she ever completed by herself. The instrument only has four holes, and could perhaps do with a bit of a refurbish, but she loves it all the same.

Personality:
Most people take a look at Sabyne and see the muscle and the brawn, and instantly perceive her to be a lumbering oaf of a girl without too much wit or brains of her own. But they're all wrong. Sabs is a spirited one, certainly one of the cleverest within her own family (Despite what they might think of her). She's a quick mouth and is smart with her words. There's actually a surprisingly witty sense of humour hidden beneath all that burliness. The girl is admittedly stubborn though. A trait her family openly scolds her for. They'll call her sometimes grumpy and mulish. But Sabyne sees no reason to change her thoughts and opinions on a matter simply to gain favour with people who mock her just for having a favourite colour. She isn't cruel enough to call her family simple-minded (out loud), but her patience for them can at times grow quite thin.​
Family
The Souček's

Garold - The Father
A ridiculously large Hue. Seriously, this man is ginormous, can tell where Sabs gets her height from. Garold is a naturally sardonic sort of man. Of course he loves his family, but he'll never ever really show that. I mean why would he, he's got far better things to do. Interestingly, Garold initially came from a family of Fishermen, but a man of his size... Well. It was somewhat difficult to keep both balanced and afloat in such a small keel. And so, he married Sabyne's Mother, took her name and learnt the ways of woodworking. Luckily for him, it was a Craft he was far more akin to.​
Olga - The Mother
A surprisingly small lady for a woman of her particular craft. Or maybe she just looks that way because she's always stood next to Garold... Anyway, Olga is a caring, yet direct Mother. She will not, I repeat not, take any faffing about. If there's a job to be done, get to it! There is a time and a place for jokes and dreaming, and Crafting is not that time. She's an incredibly superstitious woman is Olga Souček. Despite her own teachings of order and hard work, she took joy in telling stories to her children. Old tales from Athelston history, the mythos of the Seraphs, and creepy little yarns of mischievous beings that kidnap children who wander too far from home.​
Liev - The Oldest
The oldest of the Souček children, Liev's now moved out of the family home. He only lives across the road now mind you. He married his sweetheart Yanni just last month you see. Soon enough, I'm sure he'll be teaching the Woodworking craft to his own little family. He's a nice enough lad, bit simple perhaps? But nice enough all the same. Nobody would ever directly admit it, but he's definitely Olga's favourite. But you didn't hear that from me!​
Pavel - The Middle One
The middle child, and youngest lad of the Souček's. Many may think Sabs to be the odd one out of the Souček's, but Pavel's lack of woodworking talent predetermines him to this position. A tall lithe thing, perhaps his physicality just didn't cut him out for the job? or perhaps some lack of enthusiasm or imagination just sealed his disdain of the family craft? Either way, a Coppicer he is not. Instead Pavel is working once again with his Paternal grandparents to learn the inner workings of being a fishermen. For now he still lives at the Family home with Sabyne and their parents.​

History:
Trud on the Fødested resides around three or so miles from the cusp of the Coille Forest. Said Forest is commonly thought to be the resting place of the great Seraph Voss, and within the create and maintain their plethora of Magics. Nobody is permitted to enter the deep innards of the forest, and nobody should either! Goodness knows what could happen to you. You might never come back out again! The outskirts of these forests however, well, they're fair-game. It's these outer edges that the Souček's have called home for centuries now. Years upon years of good management and work have kept these woods healthy and alive.​
Sabyne was born in a so called 'Chime Hour', and its a common family joke to tease her about it. It's nothing at all but just that, a joke. Sabyne, no matter how hard she may wish otherwise, has no apparent magical or supernatural tendencies. But she lives in hope of something that interesting happening to her one day perhaps? Wouldn't it be marvellous if she could she ghosts? Or something similar perhaps. She knows almost nothing but Trud, and the woods. They're her home, always have been, and seemingly always will be. She doesn't mind being a woodworker too much. She has no trouble or difficulty with her task, and at times she does actually enjoy it a bit. Especially when she can whittle, or make something interesting. But as of late, her mind has started to wander, wander off and away from her routine little existence in Trud. What if she was a Hero in some far off distant place? A woman capable of taking part in big sweeping adventures? Wouldn't that be a nice change of pace?​
Theme Song:
This, is also big mood fam.​
Extra:
  • The Souček's own a draft horse named Bader, and he is mainly left to Sabyne to take care of. He's a big old brutish looking thing, standing even taller than Garold. But he's quite nice really. Just needs to be that big and strong to be able to carry all that umber around. He's getting on a bit now, bless him. But he can still pull the carting wagon around just fine for now. Sabyne would never admit it, but of course she's got a bit of a soft spot for him.
  • As I might have already previously mentioned, Sabyne's favourite colour is yellow.

Last edited:
7071089147a30cf765b12ec77287de67.jpg
clarissa summerfield. ❞
metanoia [meh-ta-noy-ah] | greek | a journey of changing one's mind, heart, self, or way of life.
❝ cursory information. ❞

full name— clarissa summerfield
nickname(s)— claire
gender— female
age— 23
sexuality— bisexual
profession— herbalist & owner of summerfield apothecary
craft— herbalism

❝ background. ❞

clarissa has lived quite a basic life. her mother a well-known and skilled herbalist & apothecary during her prime and her father was a baker who left his family bakery behind to marry her mother. her mother and father both raised her, but more often it was her and her father at home while her mother ran the shop. that, of course, didn't stop clarissa from favoring her mother more. well except the days her father made strawberry pastries, then he was the favorite. clarissa started studying the family craft through journals and records kept by the family, it was around that time that her parents came to realize clarissa's photographic memory. clarissa herself didn't really realize it till she was older and realized not everyone could recall things as well as she could. she was 10 her mother started taking her forging and her father taught her about gardening and cooking. while she wasn't that great with cooking, she was great with plants. she spent most of her time learning about them, even skipped a few cooking lessons to spend more time in the garden. when she was 16, she was allowed into the shop to shadow her mother. she started learning more about what herbs were used and how they were used through watching her mother and assisting her. she was 20 when her mother fell ill and the work that her mother once did fell onto her. of course, her mother tried to help the best she could, but as the illness got worse she was unable to leave the bed. her father became torn, and clarissa hated seeing him like that. she missed the days that were filled with smiles. she became insistent that he stay by her mother's side and she would manage the shop. clarissa then became determined to manage the family business for her mother and father's sake. ever since that's what she has been doing. she focuses on work and gets things done.

❝ relationships. ❞

mother— gwendolyn summerfield, very ill and is bedridden. clarissa became the owner of summerfield apothecary early due to her mother falling ill. gwendolyn was the owner of the apothecary and a very skilled herbalist until falling ill 3 years ago with an illness that has gotten worse recently. for the past month gwendolyn has been unable to muster the energy to even leave the bed. She is the one who taught clarissa everything she knows.
father— nathaniel summerfield. nate, as he more commonly called, used to run the apothecary shop alongside his wife gwendolyn until she fell ill. he tried to juggle running the apothecary and taking care of his beloved, but eventually, let clarissa handle the shop due to her insisting and stays by gwendolyn's side. before gwendolyn fell ill, he handled most of the housework and spent the most time with clarissa when she was a child.

❝ skills. ❞

cooking— a skill she learned from her father. she isn't nowhere as near good at it as he is, but she can make things taste decent and cooked properly.
forging & gardening— these two things she learned from her mother and father. her mother would take her on forging trips and taught her how to identify plants and their uses, how to harvest them, and how to preserve and store them. her father taught her about gardening and how to take care of growing plants. gardening is one of her favorite hobbies.
medical knowledge— this she learned from shadowing her mother when she was working and from reading her mother's journals/notes. around the time she was 16, her mother started teaching her directly, and from there clarissa was able to help assist her mother with patients. she now can handle things on her own and whenever she needs help she will rely on her mother's journals or her father.
photographic memory— this is the one skill she was born with and discovered herself. clarissa has a knack for remembering things. she can recall even the smallest details from events most people forget. it has helped her immensely when learning the family craft and reading over not just her mother's journals, but other journals from past family members. however, that doesn't mean she always relies on it. she usually keeps a few important journals with her to make sure before acting. she even started keeping her own notes, just in case one day her memory fails her.

❝ psyche. ❞

fears— thunder storms, losing her mother, forgetting something.
theme— without you by oh wonder reflects how she currently feels.
happiest memory— the first time her mother took her forging for herbs, her dad made the best strawberry pastry when they got home which is her and her mother's favorite.
detailed personalityt— Openness – Low. Clarissa is dependable and conventional. She prefers to stick with what she knows and doesn't like eccentric or odd people. She would prefer a package holiday, or a holiday in her own country to travelling in different cultures abroad. She approaches problems in a conventional and methodical manner, rather like the tortoise that arrives before the hare. She prefers to dress conservatively and not make a big statement.

Conscientiousness – High. Clarissa is neat and hard working. She pays a great deal of attention to detail. She is image-conscious and dresses in nice clothes. She looks after her diet and likes to keep healthy. She has a clean, tidy, nicely decorated home. She likes to save money and set aside for her future. She works much harder than other people and often overworks herself. She is prone to perfectionism and is her own worst critic. She is always punctual and finds it hard to take a break. She prefers clear boundaries and tends to act with consideration.

Extraversion – Low. Clarissa is quiet and reserved. She prefers to stay at home or working. She likes nature and animals. She spends a lot of time thinking, so when she does talk, she usually says something interesting. While she is independent, she isn't very assertive and tends to withdraw when people cross her personal boundaries. She can struggle to summon enthusiasm, especially regarding social events. She is happy in her own company and copes well with living alone. She gets tired easily and needs to spend time alone to recover. People can assume she is aloof or self-absorbed, though this is not always the case.

Agreeableness – High. Clarissa is polite and compassionate. She often puts the needs of others in front of her own needs. She would make a wonderful parent or a nurse. She is able to empathize with others and has a strong protective streak. Though feelings often drive her, if she is able to take a neutral stance, she can be an effective negotiator between people. Because she values politeness, she can take offense when others are not polite. Sometimes her compassion can be a problem when she directs it towards adults who need to stand on their own two feet. She can do too much for people and smother them with her kindness. She is prone to be manipulated and taken advantage of because she always wants to help.

Neuroticism – High. Clarissa is emotionally unstable and suffers from a lot of negative feelings. Sometimes that manifests as anger, bitterness, or resentment towards others. Sometimes it manifests as depression and self-hatred. She does not deal well with bad news and can become vulnerable and fragile when pushed beyond her coping abilities. Her tendency to sense danger has helped her to avoid serious trouble on several occasions. She knows her physical limits and rarely goes beyond them.

❝ visage. ❞

detailed desciption— clarissa is someone who takes time to maintain her appearance. when seen in public or in the shop she is always well dressed and prepared for the tasks at hand. she stands at a height of 5'7 and has a more lean build. she is also quite lightweight and easy to pick up despite maintaining a healthy diet. her skin is quite sensitive and can bruise or burn easily, which is why she forges in the early mornings or late dusk, to prevent burns. her hair is kept cut short, to prevent it from getting in her way, and is a very dark shade of black.
attire— attire wise, clarissa will opt for long skirts like this, when working in the shop or in public. when working at home, gardening, or forging she will choose more convenient clothing. such as a pair of trousers/long pants and a simple shirt that she wouldn't mind ruining or tearing. plus it's easier to run in the woods in a pair of fitted trousers than in a long skirt, she's been snagged on to many branches before because of her favorite skirts. there are some items she always wears no matter what she is doing. well unless she's at home and doesn't need them. she prefers a pair of boots over any other shoe, always wears a pair of fitted leather work gloves, and she wears this satchel , that was a gift from her father.
equiment— her satchel holds a rugged hunting knife (mainly used to collect herbs, very rarely used to defend herself) and her 2 out of 6 of her mother's journals. it also holds one of her own journals.

her other bag, or work bag as she calls it, holds her essential work equipment. this includes a small shovel/trowel, empty bottles & pouches to store herbs in that she collects, and some bottles of the more common medicines she needs. (such as pain relievers or medicines to treat small wounds.)

&&— ❝ the herbalist. ❞

Last edited:
Full Name:
Seth Wright

Sexuality:
Bi

Appearance:
1589896636892.png

Height:
5’0

Craft:

Butchery
- is skilled in preparing meat and helping to sell it. Refuses to slaughter them, though. Will cut the bloody pieces, but hates killing. This is an issue.

Baking - Can make a mean meat pie, sweet cakes and treats.

Skills:
Has rudimentary anatomical knowledge. Has an idea of where not to get stabbed.
Good with sharp things, just from using knives and cleavers all day, everyday.

He wears plain clothes, with a bloody apron over them. He does try his best to clean his clothes, but there are a few old bloodstains. When he’s working he wears an over-sized pair of gloves. He’s been sewing them, fixing them to fit better.
He is usually carrying one or two knives, and doesn't really put them down. This isn’t because he’s paranoid or anything, simply that he doesn’t lose them. He also wears an old, worn hat.

Personality:

He’s a little quiet, which some find off-putting, but he’s very friendly once he does talk. When he’s not working, he likes to wander around, just kinda looking at stuff. He’d like to somehow capture these things he sees, but can’t really afford to. He has a morbid sense of humor and likes skeletons.
He hates the dark, has trouble sleeping and loves the rain. He tends to make himself small, wants to go unnoticed.

Family:

Beatrix Wright and Pamela Wright are Seth’s parents. Beatrix is a plump woman, who’s craft is baking. She has taught Seth some things, and probably mothers him a little too much. Don’t try to tell her though, her wife Pamela has been for years.
Pam is rough and speaks fast. She saw her son was good at preparing meat and started showing him the ropes. She’s trying to toughen him up.
The Wrights run a small bakery, called Sweets ‘n Meats. They sell meat pies and cakes and things.

History:
When Seth was small, he’d find dead things and take them apart. He just wanted to know how it worked inside. This meant that he came off as a bit odd, so maybe his social skills aren't the best. His mother saw this and knew that he’d be a good butcher. He picked it up quickly, and now helps out in their little shop.

Theme Songs:

Extra:
Seth has a pet cat called Soto. He’s only allowed to keep him because Pamela hopes that he will learn that animals must kill to eat.
Seth loves Soto, and if anything were to ever happen to him, he’d (attempt to) kill everyone in the village and then himself.
1589897135205.png

Full Name:

Seren Candle

Lil shit - By his father

Sexuality:
Homosexual

Appearance:

211bfef069b7e8ad03ac12a50b816a86.jpg

He is blind in his right eye, making it a slight blue colour. The scar? Who could guess where that came from…(Fire. He never learned his lesson though)

Height + Weight:

6’2. He’s a heavy boy.

Their Craft:

Candlestick Maker

A family craft he was born to be in. From forming wax into skulls to recreating his dead grandfather’s face, he is quite skilled.

He makes soap, often carving it into different shapes as with his candles.

He knows how to make deals, trading, and selling the items he and his family create.

Skills:

Staring contest winner. He can go without blinking for hours, once he’s set on winning, he’ll make sure of it

Horse riding. He used to ride the family horse to sell the family goods, often riding in his spare time.
Grabbing things from high shelves, that’s a skill, right?
Poetry

Casual clothing often with scorched holes. He has a metal necklace with a heart locket, never taking it off. He always carries a matchbox, ya never know when you’re gonna need it.

Personality:

Seren is a strange one. He’s known to never blink, or at least, rarely. He loves attention, ya wouldn’t think he was a twenty-year-old man. He loves climbing trees, being upside, and seeing the world in a whole new way. He’s creative, sweet, and caring to those he loves. An animal lover, he often has conversations with them. Seren loves fire. To sum it up, pyromaniac.

Family:

Sylvia (Mother) - Sylvia died after giving birth to Seren, giving him the necklace he wears to remember her by. She was the one to teach Seren’s father how to make candles without messing the formula up.

Oliver (Father) - The oldest child of Thorne Candle, he took ownership of the family store when his parents died. He still works to this day alongside his son when he isn’t sorting out one of his many fires.

History:

The Candle family comes from a long line of Candle making, the originals. They’re known by almost everyone and Seren holds it with pride.

Theme Song:

Extra:

Did I mention he sets fires? Only small ones, here and there. Nothing too big, his father would murder him.

Sakura Izumo
Sakura is used to her own name, and has no nicknames to her.​
19 years old, and very proud of that fact, too!​
Sexuality:
Sakura will settle on anything and anyone (Pansexual).​
Appearance:
8651017.jpg
Short, average width and no physical power to her name, Sakura is a girl with a fair skinned tone and with brown hair. Her eyes are blue, though her hands and around the bottom of her legs seem to be stained a slight mud brown from her farm work - though at this point, maybe telling her to wash it out is probably a bit late, as it doesn't seem to bother Sakura herself, claiming that she got used to it over time.​
Height + Weight:
5'4" in height, 126 lbs (or 57.1 kg)​
Their Craft:
Sakura is but a farmer's girl. The craft of being a farmer was taught to Sakura by her parents, and guess what, Sakura hates it. She finds it incredibly boring, though it'd be a lie to say she 'is not' skilled in it - day in and day out, this craft is often the same thing - and Sakura is adept in going about her farmer duties she needs to attend to and always tries to secure the quality of what she farms.​
Skills:
Thanks to Sakura's time spent farming, she's quite adept in a multitude of different things due to multiple duties that need to be done - if something can somehow fit into what she does, expect her to be good at that something from the get-go. This maker her a versatile girl as far as skills go, but outside of how versatile those craft-born skills are, she's also a conservative person - knowing exactly how much supplies or other assets to use and/or collect to get a job done for the day or otherwise - though not a 'great' skill on paper, you'd be surprised how useful it is sometimes.​
Sakura's everyday attire firstly consists of her white sweater which she often wears pretty much all of the time - and often pairs it with black shorts, and to top it off at the bottom, green and yellow striped socks hidden under brown boots. As far as equipment goes on the other hand, expect to see Sakura toting around a sizeable beige bag for what she wants to carry, and maybe a farming tool if she's busy (usually a sickle).​
Personality:
Sakura is your resident sweetheart - too selfless for her own good that her care for others gets her into several bouts of trouble at the cost of herself in any and all senses. Modestly generous albeit narrow minded and lacking in the brains 'for' most things, Sakura is that type of person who would offer too much to the wrong people and get in a mess because of it, making her incredibly vulnerable. Though she can't hold herself in line and lacks in the said intellect to make the 'right' choices, Sakura is a diplomatic girl on the side - trying to de-escalate situations and believes deep down that all the bad things can happen, and will happen, for a good reason, despite what happens (which, again, can get her into a fair bit of trouble for differing reasons, though not as bad as Sakura being selfless).​
Family:
Theodore Izumo - Sakura's late father, the one responsible for the farming that runs in the family that Sakura is now working to maintain to remember her father and fulfil his dying request. He passed away 7 months ago due to blood loss.​
Aoi Izumo - Sakura's mother, and the one that Sakura spends most of her time with - easily. You could argue that Sakura's traits came from her mother - except Aoi is a lot more of the 'serious and to the point' selfless than Sakura is as well as being smarter than her daughter.​
History:
During Sakura's time as being a child of two parents, she infrequently helped out her father Theodore with the farm work if he requested her help, which was at least thrice each week, and she had been helping him ever since she was 15... 'until', that is, one morning, he wouldn't be waking up in his bed. Sakura's mother, Aoi, with cooperation from Sakura, took him to the nearest medical-related or at least 'based' location from where they lived. They were able to confirm he was alive, barely, but losing the battle against blood loss. Not long after this revelation, Theodore managed to find enough strength to see his wife and his daughter one last time, until he parted them both with his last words - his dying request, which still haunts Sakura to this day, who is still forever bound to it. Those words were:

"Please, take over my farming work for me - but make sure you enjoy your life other than that. I'm going to miss you both ever so much when I'm gone. Aoi, my wife, and Sakura, my daughter; remember this- I love you both. Don't forget that, and take care of yourselves."​
So, in other words, that's Sakura's motive. Haunted by her father's dying request, and obligated to do so, she took up the reigns in his farming work to remember him by and fulfil his request - and with the odd help from her mother, some would argue it's even better considering it was no longer work for the sake of working, but also a passion project, to remember the one they lost since that day.​
Theme Song:
Extra:
-Sakura wants to reconnect with others, but as there is little in-between time from farm work and anything else, she can't connect with her mother or others 'as much' as she would like. The things she would do for more free time to do that are boundless...
-Thanks to her craft as a farmer and access to such tools, she's perfectly prepared to not only use those tools for their intended purpose, but also self-defence depending on what she has with her at the time - at any time (given provocation and the means to do so).
-She'd probably know a lot of the people where she is anyways - thanks to her craft, people would probably get to see her every day. Whether or not they're getting supplies from the fruits of her labour or not, Sakura is most likely a familiar face to most, if not all.​

Full Name:
William Lancaster

Liam

Sexuality:
Hetero

Appearance:

f4e3f01a0ca8cddb78eff51014077c24.jpg

Height
6' 1"

Craft:

Black-smithing: a forger and creator of many things, ranging from everyday items used by the Crafters (candleholders, fire tongs, kitchen utensils, cauldrons, nails, jewelry, etc.) to items made for the Cerebral armory (swords, blades, armor, weaponry, arrowheads, etc.)

Farrier: a specialist in equine hoof-care (combines black-smithing with some veterinarian skills to care for the horse's hooves)

Skills:

Forging: coming from a long line of blacksmiths, Liam is quite skilled at working with metal and fire

Amateur swordsman: there were literally swords laying around the cottage when he was a kid. How could he and his brother not swordfight?

Some weaving/spinning skills: due to his maternal heritage and line of business, Liam has learned some spinning from his mother.

Excellent storyteller: be it a tale around the fire, or secretly written down in an old journal, Liam has always been able to weave tales that entice others

Common Attire:
Not one for fashion, Liam wears whatever's practical. Typically a button-up cotton shirt and trousers, a vest if he's feeling up for it. But working in a sweltering forge usually requires very light material and minimal layers, with the exception of a long leather apron and gloves. He also wears a belt to hold some of his tools. It's not uncommon for his attire to sport a few burn marks from a stray spark.

He also wears a small ring on a necklace hidden beneath his shirt: a reminder of his late fiance.

Equipment:
He usually wears his belt of tools for his Craft and his hammer. He also carries a small dagger around for emergencies, and sometimes has his journal in case inspiration strikes.

Personality:
A good-humored and kind man, Liam has always made it his goal to be the opposite of his father. He tries to joke around with others and keep up morale, but honestly? Black-smithing is hard work, and most days he's too exhausted to be good company.

Family:

Callum Lancaster: father
A burly, hot-tempered man, Callum is not someone to cross. He views the occupations of Cerebrals- such as fine art, poetry, and music- with disdain. He believes in hard work and continuing the family Craft. Liam has a rocky relationship with his father.

Fiona Lancaster: mother
Short and sweet, Fiona married into the blacksmith's family as part of an arranged marriage. Though originally from a family of spinsters and weavers, Fiona always had a certain relationship with horses and didn't mind the work of farriering. Liam looks up to his mother and the kindness she shows everyone. People often comment on their shared lithe build and flaming hair.

Eammon Lancaster: brother
A prankster by nature, Eammon walks a fine line between beloved and...well. Somewhat detested by the victims of his pranks. It's a good thing he has his mother's charm and his father's physique. But he and Liam have always been close; Eammon is only a year older after all.

History:
Born into a family of blacksmiths, there was no question of Liam's Craft. And as it turns out, he's quite good at it. However, that doesn't mean he likes it. He tires of working at the forge and longs to follow his dreams of being a writer. Or even more, to travel the world as the heroes in his stories do. Though he tries to hide it, he is jealous of the Cerebrals and their occupations. His father would never approve of his artistic tendencies, so he keeps it hidden as best he can; he keeps his journal hidden and only allows himself to create fine jewelry on special occasions. No one crosses Callum Lancaster.

His fiance, Joan, used to understand him and support him. Though it was an arranged marriage, he had grown fond of her. Perhaps even loved her. But then she became sick, and her health quickly deteriorated. After she passed, Liam began to wear the engagement ring he had made her to remind him of the one person who believed in him. The one other person who thought that maybe, just maybe, the Crafter's way of life wasn't all it's cracked up to be.

Theme Song:

Marcus R. O'Malley,
The Hunter
5ef86a3fc5916ef472faf8253d86e15c.jpg
Name: Marcus Rowan O'Malley | Alias:Marcus or Mars
Age: 24 | Gender: Male | Sexuality: no idea, he's never had the time to consider romance.
Appearance: Marcus stands at a towering height of 6'2, like his father. While he may seem weak, the boy has some muscle and can handle himself fairly well in a hand to hand fight. He has quite long hair that can reach to his mid-back if allowed, but instead, he keeps it tied up at all times. Some may say he keeps it long to spite his mother, who would always cut it short, but nobody has asked if that was the case. Marcus has a few scars on his left leg from a time he fell from a tree, other than those he is scar-free. His attire consists of loose-fitting and breathable clothes. (i kinda picture rouge-like attire/armor.)
Occupation: Hunter/Trapper & sometimes and errand boy when people need his help. | Craft: Hunting
Skills: Archery - a very skilled archer, making up for his lack of sword skills. The practice he puts himself through has majorly helped him and he's a near-perfect shot every time.
Trapping - He can craft traps with ease and is good at setting them up to catch animals.
Navigation & Tracking - He has a natural sense of direction and it's hard for him to get lost. (not impossible though)He is adaptable to rugged or smooth terrain. Marcus has also learned to identify and track down animals on his own.
Average Swordsmanship - While he can't keep up with Katie-Anne (his sister) or his father, he knows how to defend himself if ever needed.

Equipment: His bow and arrows, his quiver hold about 16 arrows. Two hunting knives. A small backpack that he takes out into the forest with him; typically holding supplies for traps, basic first aid, and food/water.

Family:
|James O'Malley, 44| His father, a well known and loved guard. Mars looks up to his father a look and seeks his reassurance often. Growing up Mars would always try to master swordsmanship to become a guard, simply because that's what his father wanted. Being unable to master swordsmanship or be as good as his father led him down the road of his insecurities and he can't help but feel like his father looks down on him.
|Anne O'Malley, Passed away when he was 6| Mother. He holds a lot of hatred towards her. He doesn't remember much of her, as he was pretty young when she passed away, but the memories he does remember aren't pleasant. She may not have been the worse mother, but she most definitely wasn't a good one no matter what her smile showed. Many of the townfolk knew how harsh she could be and would avoid her and now don't mention her name at all. Nobody brings up anything about Mrs. O'Malley.
|Katie Anne O'Malley, 18| Mar's little sister. Growing up he was the one who took care of her the most. Their mother passed away giving birth to baby Katie, which is why Katie has no memories of her. Katie always looked up to Marcus, making Marcus feel bad about his growing jealousy and resentment toward his little sister. While Marcus could never truly master swordsmanship, it came to his sister as natural as breathing. She learned more in a year than he did growing up training. It was obvious that was her craft and she would follow in their father's footsteps. Those two bonding over that leaves Marcus feeling left out of his own family.

Personality:
Mars is smart, creative, and unconventional. He is also neat, hard-working, and controlled. This means he is highly productive and driven creatively. He is able to follow through and complete creative projects with relative ease. He is outgoing, assertive, and talkative. He can make friends easily and has friends from many different backgrounds, he is able to get along with almost anyone. He likes being around people, and because he is organized and hard-working, he has some natural leadership skills.

He is polite, compassionate, and thoughtful. He goes out of his way to help people and is sympathetic to the plight of people he has little in common with, sometimes to his own disadvantage. He tries hard to do the right thing by others. He strongly values politeness and can take offense easily. He likes people and is a good negotiator. He is often kind and goes out of his way for others, and as a result, people tend to like him.

He is emotional and anxious. His imagination can work to amplify his fears because he envisages all the ways in which things could go wrong. Though he enjoys the company of others, because he is prone to negative emotions he can become needy without reassurance. Being sensitive, he is particularly attuned to people's needs. He is self-conscious and easily hurt by rejection and negative encounters.

Biography: Marcus was born to James and Anne O'Malley, and is the eldest of their children. His father, a well-known and loved guard was often busy with work for the first few years of Marcus's life. Thus, it was his mother that raised him. Mrs. O'Malley wasn't a good mother, nor a good person really, so it's not a surprise that people pitied young Marcus. When he was 6, his mother gave birth to his younger sister. Marcus, despite being so young, was very protective over Katie and took care of her. Of course with the help of adults and his father, but he was always very mature from a young age. When he wasn't taking care of Katie, he was sneaking off to the woods.

When he was 11, his father started to give him lessons on swordsmanship, but it was obvious from the start it wasn't his gift. That didn't stop him from training harder, constantly trying to get to his father's level. There were days that he would slip away to the forest for hours, and it quickly became his escape from everyone and everything. While playing around he would craft small traps to catch and release animals. Over time he learned how to track animals and navigate quickly through the woods. He was fifteen when he told his father about his little adventures. His father, seeing little future in the boy becoming a guard, taught the boy archery. Around the time he was eighteen and his sister was twelve, he became a hunter and his sister began guard training.

Theme: the fear by the score, I believe will reflect Marcus's personal journey well.

Last edited:
Full Name:
Jason Seodóir

"Jase" is one less syllable, so some people like to call him that. He doesn't seem to mind so long as it is clear they are talking to him.

Sexuality:
Sleep

Appearance:
I'll find a pic eventually, but I'm thinking lanky, blonde with a constant expression of "I'm uncomfortable")

Height + Weight:
6'2 140lb

Their Craft:
Jeweler - the craft of cutting and shaping precious materials into jewelry. Jason's family had been mastering the craft for longer than anyone can remember, yet recognition is a scarce commodity. Cerebrals pay well for trinkets they will only wear once, even if they don't pass through the village very often. Nevertheless, most wedding rings worn by native residents were made by a Seodóir.

Skills:
Jewelry making/maintenance - encompassing facets of the craft from silversmithing and gem cutting to careful cleaning and repair of such finery, Jason's father taught him well.
Clockwork understanding - this one is more of a hobby, but Jason is fascinated with the workings of gears and such contraptions made from them. Not overly practical at the moment, but it is infinitely engaging to him. Maybe one day he'll make something that actually does something...
Cerebral exposure - Jason has always been the kind of person to listen first and speak if spoken to. Not a great habit for making friends, but listening to the occasional Cerebral blabber about their aristocratic affairs during fittings and other encounters has given Jason a fairly decent idea on how they talk, how they present themselves and what their etiquette consists of. It has even bled a bit into his casual speech.
Unrested - Jason is oddly high functioning considering how little sleep he gets. He has been known to pull all-nighters on orders and pieces for no clear reason other than "I couldn't sleep". Someday in the future, a word will be developed for this: insomnia.

Jason normally cares little for his attire, wearing whatever is available at the moment. His is known to keep a small satchel containing small tools and even smaller metal bits and scraps. He likes to tinker, despite how it hasn't amounted to much beyond his personal amusement.

Personality:
Jason is the quiet type. As mentions, he prefers to listen than to speak. You could say this is because he simply finds what people have to say interesting. While this is true, the real reason is that he doesn't have a shred of confidence to his name, and would second guess anything he would say. The short of it is he's timid, but curious. Education is little and a long ways away, but Jason strives to get any little bit he can get. It's uncertain even he knows how deep his thirst for knowledge runs, since opportunity to exercise it is so scarce. He has been known to be a bit absentminded, forgetting to eat or sleep if something is engaging him. As for his interactions, Jason does his best to be polite, but can sometimes come off as cold. People confuse him.

Family:
The Seodóir family, as far as anyone was concerned, had always been a part of the village, not that it earned them any status or notoriety. The family name was like a tree, always there, rarely thought about unless relevant. The relevance often came with the joke that there have never been more than three Seodóirs in the village at any given moment. When a new generation came to exist, there would always be one child to stay and keep the family business alive, while any other children had been known to set off in search of their own paths. Jason's father, Roland, had been the Seodóir to stay last generation, and Jason had been his only child. The mother, so he was told, had died before he could remember, and there were no grandparents to speak of.

History:
There is very little to say about Jason's upbringing. He was raised as a jeweler by his father as so many Seodóirs had been raised before. Well, the single father thing wasn't common, but the profession was. He isn't seen often outside his family home/workshop, as he spends a concerning number of hours working. Very little else can engage him, and recently even that has started to not be enough. So few things can slow down his racing thoughts. Listening to Cerebrals had worked at first, but eventually they all sound the same. Tinkering has been engaging, but it's lack of application and his lack of resources and education in the subject will wear down his interest eventually. He hasn't been known to try new things often, and he's the last person anyone would expect to go on an adventure. Funny how fate works...

Theme Song:
WIP

Extra:
Jason is terrified of dogs, among a lot of other things
(other extras to be added)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back