Advice/Help Character sheets!?

Dark_creativity

I know the pale thing in the darkest of places
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
Hey Y'all!

So, this is a somewhat RP question but also somewhat of a writing question. For the past few years I've pretty much memorized every single one of my characters. However, as of recently, I've been forgetting a lot of important details for certain characters. I've decided it's time to just plow through and make a giant master document for every single character I have while I'm motivated. Do you guys have any advice on what I should include, or formatting? I'm pretty new to this, so any suggestions would help greatly!

Thanks.

So I usually find it’s best to do elevator pitches for your character.

So make a short profile with the basics :

Name
Talent/Skill
Face Claim / Short Description

Then have a section for their bio :

A paragraph or two just giving the overview of the character

And finally at the end a few bullets of extra facts :

Ex. If they have a hobby or pet

It will depend on where these characters might be found.

However, this is my basic recommendation, fit for expansion depending on setting:

Name,
Title(s),
Age,
Gender,
Personality,
Biography,
Power(s)/Magic(s),
Equipment(?),
Other.

I've worked off of a base character sheet that a friend on another forum website created for the longest time and expanded upon it as I saw fit. Bold is the basic info if you want it short and sweet, and italics is more specific categories that can fall under those basic sections if you find it helpful to add.

Name
Nicknames/Titles

Birthday
Race/Species
Appearance

Build/Height/Weight
Attire
Equipment
Accessories/Extras
References (From Pinterest pics to your own drawings, if you fancy)

History/Biography
*Insert separate age ranges/life periods to organize the history if needed. e.i. Childhood, Adolescence, Adulthood*
Personality
Mentality (Note: I use this as a way to do more in-depth analysis of the character, while keeping personality clean by reducing it to describe the more straightforward traits with adjectives)
Strengths & Weaknesses/flaws (Another to organize personality. A good simple way to consider how balanced your character is too, if needed.)
Relationships (Romantic, Friendship, Familial, Mentor/Apprentice... if you need to write out how the dynamics work, for future reference)

Skills
Powers/abilities/curses/etc
Educational background (To consider how they learned said skills)

Other
Mannerisms & quirks!
Hobbies!
Songs that vibe with the character!
Trivia that doesn't seem to fit anywhere else!

I hope this helps! I like being clean and comprehensive with my character sheets and wanted to provide as many examples for if you want to get down to the nitty gritty. And yet character creation is still pain so, good luck! ;D

"Race/species" is a good addition I forgot to mention.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back