Character Review Team

Idea

The Pun Tyrant
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
My Interest Check
Hey there! How`s it going?

I am a creative person. I like to come up with new stuff, and can expand a lot on what I`m interested in. Hence, I have been accumulating character ideas. Only, it`s a little disappointing to put a character on display, and then not having a chance to use it, or even, not having anyone actually give your thoughts about it. I`m sure you had this happen to you as well.

So, I`d like to propose the forming of a small group. This would be a group of volunteers that would agree to review any characters anyone from the group asks. There would be a set of rules for reviewing, the first being no one is allowed to ditch it. Only in case the character belongs to a fandom you don`t know of, would you be allowed to pass.

So, what do you think? Want in?

I think that would be a great idea, but I think it would be helpful to set up a rubric of sorts in terms of feedback if this is set up. Some people are more prone to personal bias than others, so I think it would be helpful if there's a guideline to help people give constructive criticism rather than relying on preferences. Or perhaps a vetting process so that we can be sure that those who are on the team will give truly helpful input.

Unless there's something like that already in place. I'm not sure because I still haven't even looked through all the posts.

karmacrushh said:
I think that would be a great idea, but I think it would be helpful to set up a rubric of sorts in terms of feedback if this is set up. Some people are more prone to personal bias than others, so I think it would be helpful if there's a guideline to help people give constructive criticism rather than relying on preferences. Or perhaps a vetting process so that we can be sure that those who are on the team will give truly helpful input.
Unless there's something like that already in place. I'm not sure because I still haven't even looked through all the posts.
I`ll be setting up something like that, and add following it to the rules. Thanks for the suggestion!

I'm up for planting suggestions, evaluating weaknesses in design, and strengthening my own. Consider me in.

I'd love to participate, I really enjoy giving feedback and helping others develop as writers, and I'd say characterization is definitely my strong suit. Sounds like fun!

If it goes well, might even be an option to expand it into more general writing/RP advice, you know? Sort of like an Ask Alice column but with a group of people to respond to it instead of just one person.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mulder said:
I'd love to participate, I really enjoy giving feedback and helping others develop as writers, and I'd say characterization is definitely my strong suit. Sounds like fun!
If it goes well, might even be an option to expand it into more general writing/RP advice, you know? Sort of like an Ask Alice column but with a group of people to respond to it instead of just one person.
Sounds nice, welcome to the group!

I'll start with a character I have proposed (and been accepted) into an RP with, however am looking to improve before the RP officially starts. This one should give a good deal to work with as I suppose an introductory to the review process, as knowledge of the background world is less essential. At its heart, the RP's background is simply: A Mage's College. Medieval era. Only major difference is the magic system divides magic into categories differently, but you can easily assume it to act the same way as conventional magic from your standard fantasy.

Here's the CS

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back