Character Critique Thread

Hrm, I suppose I could tweak it, or add a third flaw somewhere to balance it out. Sadly, it's getting late for me, as I've got work in the morning. I'll think on that during work tomorrow and see what I can come up with, but I'm more than open to suggestions if you'd like to PM me any :)
Maybe in the morning >w< It's 4 AM for me at this point, concentration is loooow~
In fact, I let something else pass! Your traits are out of order! Loyal should come first (Positive trait) then the neutral ones 'Introvert' and 'Hard Worker' in either order and then 'Tactless/Brash' for a negative trait!
If you put them out of order it will confuse people ^^'

Maybe in the morning >w< It's 4 AM for me at this point, concentration is loooow~
In fact, I let something else pass! Your traits are out of order! Loyal should come first (Positive trait) then the neutral ones 'Introvert' and 'Hard Worker' in either order and then 'Tactless/Brash' for a negative trait!
If you put them out of order it will confuse people ^^'
Ah, haha, yeah, that was done thematically. I figured Tactless/Brash tied into Loyal, and all three kind of lead into revealing Zayne as an Introvert. I just made a quick Edit, but I can make one more quick one before bed.

Ah, haha, yeah, that was done thematically. I figured Tactless/Brash tied into Loyal, and all three kind of lead into revealing Zayne as an Introvert. I just made a quick Edit, but I can make one more quick one before bed.
Your new edit shines such a new light to things >w<
Or maybe is because I'm tired, probably both XD

RICHARDS, Z.

df0931cc8a96f232cf62f22b9d0ade8a.jpg
  • Heroism Meter
    AspectScaleTotal
    Courage▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰08
    Altriusm▰▰▰▰▰▰▱▱▱06
    Order▰▰▰▰▱▱▱▱▱04
    Kindness▰▰▰▰▰▰▱▱▱06
    Proaction▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▱▱07
    Diplomacy▱▱▱▱▱▱▱▱01
    Composure▰▰▰▰▱▱▱▱▱04
    Ability Statistics
    AspectScaleTotal
    Health▰▰▰▱▱▱▱▱▱03
    Strength▰▰▰▱▱▱▱▱03-04
    Defense▰▰▰▱▱▱03
    Agility▰▰▱▱▱▱▱▱▱02
    Intelligence▰▰▱▱▱▱▱▱▱02
    Willpower▰▰▱▱▱▱▱▱▱02
    Energy▰▰▰▰▰▱▱▱▱05

OK, tweaked the Biography Points to be in the correct order, better articulated Zayne's power, and added a third Flaw to balance out Good-Hearted.

EDIT: Once again better articulated Zayne's power, AND added a fourth Weakness to go in line with the prompt I've been writing!

Last edited:
Cortez, R

49092c386134d27fb957bcec8cff80b9.jpg
  • Heroism Statistics
    AspectScaleTotal
    Courage▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰08
    Altruism▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▱▱07
    Order▰▰▰▰▰▰▱▱▱06
    Kindness▰▰▰▰▰▱▱▱▱05
    Proaction▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰09
    Diplomacy▰▰▰▰▰▱▱▱▱05
    Composure▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰08
    Ability Statistics
    AspectScaleTotal
    Health▰▰▱▱▱▱▱▱▱02
    Strength▰▰▱▱▱▱▱▱▱02
    Defense▰▰▱▱▱▱▱▱▱02
    Agility▰▰▱▱▱▱▱▱▱02
    Intelligence▰▰▰▱▱▱▱▱▱03
    Willpower▰▰▰▰▱▱▱▱▱04
    Energy▰▰▰▰▰▰▱▱▱06
Lemon Boy Lemon Boy The traits have been re-ordered like you suggested, Rash is now the Negative trait, and 'Pathological Altruism' is Neutral

Mech has though, asked to maintain the 3 points in agility, argumenting that working as a mechanic really helps develop a person's dexterity, coordination and such. It's not being used to effectively display agility as speed in here, but whether little things like that, which would also go into agility.
Makes sense to me, honestly.

Also, I had written a bit on the Uncle in relationships (nothing that the History doesn't tell tho) and it somehow hadn't been included in the first versions, it has been included now.

There are also a bunch of grammatic corrections because this is now my computer, so Grammarly is a thing XD

Last edited:
Lemon Boy Lemon Boy The traits have been re-ordered like you suggested, Rash is now the Negative trait, and 'Pathological Altruism' is Neutral

Mech has though, asked to maintain the 3 points in agility, argumenting that working as a mechanic really helps develop a person's dexterity, coordination and such. It's not being used to effectively display agility as speed in here, but whether little things like that, which would also go into agility.
Makes sense to me, honestly.

Also, I had written a bit on the Uncle in relationships (nothing that the History doesn't tell tho) and it somehow hadn't been included in the first versions, it has been included now.

There are also a bunch of grammatic corrections because this is now my computer, so Grammarly is a thing XD
Agility 3 is meant to be the best of the best, peak human. People like olympians. He may be a pretty coordinated mechanic, but it's still just a 2 - the system is very blunt like that.

And here's is why I don't do critiques, it would have been fine to me and I would have screwed up XD

Uhh, it's getting a bit hard for me to relay messages back and forth like this (and explain things, since, well, not my idea anyway), so I'mma just tag him and let you two discuss it directly now >w<
The Mechanist The Mechanist

Agility 3 is meant to be the best of the best, peak human. People like olympians. He may be a pretty coordinated mechanic, but it's still just a 2 - the system is very blunt like that.
A level 3 agility is an Olympian? Really? One would assume max level agility is Olympian level

A level 3 agility is an Olympian? Really? One would assume max level agility is Olympian level
Nope, above three is superpower level in the Power Stats. 1-3 is normal human, 1 being below average, 2 being average and 3 being above average.

I thought I had said this when we did the stats, though, it was so long ago I don't blame you for forgetting (If, I did say it...) ^^'

Nope, above three is superpower level. 1-3 is normal human, 1 being below average, 2 being average and 3 being above average.

I thought I had said this when we did the stats, though, it was so long ago I don't blame you for forgetting ^^'
It was actually a year ago ^^ then we got busy with school and life and had to set it aside, if that's case let's change it 2 and apply the extra point somewhere else

And there we go, he decided to go with Sin's suggestion and move it from Agility to Energy

Turns out it was all a bit of a misunderstanding and I gotta say it is incredibly hard to walk someone else through the entire CS process XD

But I think this covers everything >w<

Negrete, C

hNuXFRD.jpg
  • Heroism Statistics
    AspectScaleTotal
    Courage▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰09
    Altruism▰▰▰▰▰▱▱▱▱05
    Order▰▰▱▱▱▱▱▱▱02
    Kindness▰▰▱▱▱▱▱▱▱02
    Proaction▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▱08
    Diplomacy▰▱▱▱▱▱▱▱▱01
    Composure▰▰▰▰▰▰▱▱▱06
    Ability Statistics
    AspectScaleTotal
    Health▰▰▰▱▱▱▱▱▱03
    Strength▰▰▰▱▱▱▱▱▱03
    Defense▰▰▰▱▱▱▱▱▱03
    Agility▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▱08
    Intelligence▰▱▱▱▱▱▱▱▱01
    Willpower▰▰▱▱▱▱▱▱▱02
    Energy▰▱▱▱▱▱▱▱▱01

Last edited:
NAKASHIMA, H

Eiri.full.1241964.jpg
  • Heroism Statistics
    AspectScaleTotal
    Courage▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▱08
    Altruism▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▱▱07
    Order▰▰▰▰▰▱▱▱▱05
    Kindness▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▱▱07
    Proaction▰▰▰▰▰▰▱▱▱06
    Diplomacy▰▰▰▱▱▱▱▱▱03
    Composure▰▰▰▰▰▱▱▱▱05
    Ability Statistics
    AspectScaleTotal
    Health▰▰▱▱▱▱▱▱▱02
    Strength▰▰▱▱▱▱▱▱▱02
    Defense▰▰▰▰▱▱▱▱▱04
    Agility▰▰▰▱▱▱▱▱▱▱03
    Intelligence▰▰▱▱▱▱▱▱▱02
    Willpower▰▰▱▱▱▱▱▱▱02
    Energy▰▰▰▰▰▱▱▱▱05

Last edited:
Natealie Natealie My only problem with the stats is how she has 4 strength. It's a little strange for a little girl to have so much strength, even with her powers. I think that two of those points would better go into health to better reason how her blood would pump back quickly

Natealie Natealie Sorry, I also noticed the intelligence on her as well. Although such intelligence is not bad, I do think it being on a non-intelligence related power is a bit strange. I think some of those points could better go into energy, which at the moment is a bit lacking.

Malikai Malikai Strength wasn't referring to her, but to how strong her constructs could be. Health is lower because other than the disease immunity she doesn't have like super good health, it's just normal. And the intelligence stat isn't for her power, it's for the fact that she's a prodigy. I'm pretty sure it said problem solving ability was also under intelligence, so that stat is less reflective of her power than it is of her. I hope that cleared up why I did what I did.

Malikai Malikai Strength wasn't referring to her, but to how strong her constructs could be. Health is lower because other than the disease immunity she doesn't have like super good health, it's just normal. And the intelligence stat isn't for her power, it's for the fact that she's a prodigy. I'm pretty sure it said problem solving ability was also under intelligence, so that stat is less reflective of her power than it is of her. I hope that cleared up why I did what I did.
Strength as a stat is referring to the actual character's strength. Energy would be the place to put how strong she could supply her constructs to be. Plus you need more energy as the constructs she can create are fairly powerful/should be powerful. Intelligence is way over the limit of what a prodigy can accomplish. Three is human limit, and so moving four points from that into energy would both provide reason for her constructs to be just about as powerful as they can be while also keeping her as a very smart cookie. The two points from strength being moved into health just provide further reason for why diseases wouldn't affect her. Since your other supporting power is about how fast her blood can come back that would also provide reason for that. To make it a bit more fair though you could make it so that the 'running out of blood' is not a worry for her. You would need another limitation, but it's reasonable to assume the S rank blood super should not need to worry about running out of blood.

However, another good limitation to consider would be just how long you can actually obtain blood. Eventually the cut she would use to obtain blood would begin healing over, and so that would definitely be a bigger concern to consider.

Gonna chime in quick and gonna say that three is pretty much the limit of what a human can achieve without the use of superpowers like Mal said and her powers aren't related to enhancing her intelligence from what I've read. Chop off those numbers, put them into energy or something, they definitely don't look like they should belong in the Intelligence stat.

However, another good limitation to consider would be just how long you can actually obtain blood. Eventually the cut she would use to obtain blood would begin healing over, and so that would definitely be a bigger concern to consider.
That is an option yes, however in that case I need to come up with another flaw. And that's easier said than done. If strength is just their actual strength, then I can move those points around no problem. I can even take a point out of defense as well and throw it all into energy. I don't want to touch intelligence however until I have a DM ruling on intelligence. Since I am confused at how it was explained. The other stuff is fine though. So the redistributed state would be:

2 strength
2 defense
8 energy

In the case of the other flaw though, what do you think I could use? I don't think the cuts healing thing is limitation that would fit with my vision though. And I'm hesitant on raising health due to the fact that she lacks physical regeneration outside of the blood replenishment.

Anyway, those are my thoughts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back