• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Chapter Eleven: The Troubled Temple of Tapio - Preparation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bren Sarabina
Standard AC: 23
Fort save: +13
Ref save: +8
Will save: +11
Current action points: 10
Current HP: 112
Status effects: none
Powerpaw's tower shield +1 (-2 to attack rolls)
Spells: 1st - Bless, Bless Weapon, Divine Favor, Lesser Restoration; 2nd - Bull's Strength, Delay Poison, Resist Energy; 3rd - Daylight, Prayer.
Speech color, for reference: #3399ff

The flash of light and sudden arrival of the elven woman caught Bren's attention just as it had the others', and he was already turning to look when he realized he knew her, just as she called out his name. With a smile of his own he strode out to meet Oreleth on her way over to them, holding out his hand (for her to clasp, as elves did, not shake as humans did). "Oreleth! Welcome to Mielikki's temple, Earthhome!" He gestured with his free hand towards the others in the party. "My friends and I were just headed out to gear up for a mission. What brings you here?"

With a firm grip, she takes Brendoran's offered hand. "Well met, my friend. To be honest, I am not sure. Up until I found you, I was not even sure where I was, let alone what I'm doing here. I was just at Highwind, in line to get into the city when I was drawn away from the gate by a very insistent bluebird. Its mate had flown into a giant spiders' web and was trapped. I was able to free the bird without harming the spider; after all, why kill the creature when it was just doing what its nature calls for? When cutting the bird free, there was this scroll trapped away with it." The scroll was still in hand, and she turns it to show him. "When the scroll was opened, I went from the gate at Highwind to here. Tell me, is a bear the holy symbol for the Goddess Mielikki? If so, it would go a long way to explain what happened. I have a feeling that I was being tested, and by not resulting in violence with the spider, I was rewarded by being brought here."

Oreleth looks Brendoran over with an appraising eye. "The years have certainly treated you well. You are looking quite well, my friend. Something is different about you though, but in a good way. For what it's worth, I like the change. Whatever it was, it favors you."
0 - Ray of Frost, Flare, Light, Mage Hand
1 - Shield x2, Shocking Grasp, Burning Hands

Bren smiled. "Mielikki has honored me by accepting me as one of her paladins. Possibly it's that you sense. And yes, the bear is one of her symbols, as is the evergreen." He nods to those around them who happen to be wearing one or the other of these symbols, then looks at Oreleth thoughtfully. "If Mielikki brought you here, then perhaps she has it in mind for you to join us on our mission. I'll admit, you and your bow could come in handy, but it's a fairly dangerous trip. It may be that not all of us will return from it. But it is worth the doing, I assure you! If you have no other plans, perhaps you'd consider it?"

"A paladin of Mielikki? Excellent. I came close to making a similar choice, but my path went a different way. You will do well with your new calling." Oreleth then asks, "What is this dangerous trip you are taking, and what will your companions say to me joining your quest? Will they accept me as you have?"

Luna watches the two talk with a curious expression, wondering what has brought this stranger to their midst. She seems to be friends with Bren. It seems he has friends everywhere he goes. A testament to his character. She makes a slight noise to draw their attention to her. "Perhaps we would be more accepting of you if we knew who you are. I am Luna Callen, and this dear one on my shoulder is Sparkle."
0 - Light, Mage Hand, Message, Read Magic
1 - Shield x2, Burning Hands, Floating Disk, Unseen Servant, Magic Missile x2
2 - Protection From Arrows x2, Blur x2, Web x2, Scorching Ray
3 - Haste, Fireball, Displacement, Fly, Lightning Bolt
4 - Ball Lightning x2, Empowered Scorching Ray x2, Remove Curse
5 - Cone of Cold, Empowered Fireball, Empowered Lightning Bolt

Force Missile x9, Extended Mage Armor II in effect, duration of 20 hours

Oreleth nods. "Of course. I am Oreleth Soumral." She offers a bow. "Please, tell me of this quest you are about to go on."

Bria of the Ko was touched and delighted at Luna and Sparkle's reactions to her gifts. It was more than reward enough to see them as excited as they were. She had no idea that Luna had intentions of returning the favor, for where Bria came from, such thoughts were strange indeed. What other reason could there be for staying up late and sewing up gifts for friends other than to aid them?

Bria smiled and clasped her hands as she watched Bren, Luna, and Oreleth's interaction. She stayed in the back of the party, content to watch. Besides, it was happening again. The gods above had evidently decreed that Otiorin was not enough elf for the party, and so they had just provided Brendoran "Elf-Magnet" Sarabina a full-blooded friend and elf that the party might be complete for their adventure. As far as Bria knew, there had never been an adventuring party brave Bren had led that lacked an elf. For all the peaceful healer knew, Mielikki herself had delivered Oreleth to them. Or it could all just be coincidence. Bria was all right with it either way.

Powerpaw was not. A low tigerish growl escaped his lips. At well over 400 pounds of tough, tenacious killer, the Felane gladiator marched forward and glared at Oreleth. Oreleth had enough experience in the field to recognize a fellow fighter when she saw one. He carried a large-sized maul, a powerful longbow on his back, with throwing sledgehammers on his hips. He was protected by well-oiled chain mail that displayed no livery or affiliation. He licked sharp teeth made for rending flesh while his black claws extended from his paws.

But it was his red-eyed glare that spoke the most. Oreleth had fought alongside warriors like Dendarian and guardians like Brendoran and brawlers like Baltor the minotaur. This friend of Brendoran's was a killer. And he was examining Oreleth's armor, gear, stance, and musculature in the way fighters do when they assess potential opponents. The Felane's voice was the strangest thing of all - it did not fit him. It sounded childish and strange despite its innate ferocity.

Powerpaw strode up beside Luna and briefly glanced at Bren. "What da face, Bren? You tink we needs an archer since Wolf went off wif his dad? She any good?"

Behind Powerpaw, an equally-large and older but much less menacing creature with a resemblance to the warrior padded forward. She was dressed in newly-made blood-red leather armor like that made from the hide of some powerful reptilian foe. She carried a scimitar on her hip and spear and shield across her back, all made for a creature her size. She regarded Oreleth with similar curiosity.

"Son, where are your manners? If this is a friend of Brendoran's, then she has earned that friendship!" Mamapaw nodded Oreleth and even sniffed her a little as was perhaps custom in her land. Wherever that was...

"Oreleth Soumral of the elves? I am the Druidess Melshaef of Many Faces, faithful servant of Beauteous Bastet and Marvelous Mielikki." She turned behind her to the other cat-creature and indicated to him that it was his turn to follow her example.

"Uhhh," the warrior thought for a moment. "I iz Powerpaw of Bast. I smack faces."

Upon hearing this, Melshaef shook her head and rolled her eyes skyward. "Son..."

"Whut?"

Bria chose this moment to step forward. Now she wore her brown and white fighting robes of her own people with but a fighting stick on her hip. She slowly placed her fist into her open palm and bowed to Oreleth with a friendly smile that appeared warm and genuine. "Hi-hi! I am Bria of the Ko. We are the Wayward Wanderers." She casually examined Oreleth, then nodded.

"You appear to be a wood elf recently of the Forest Eternal, an archer in faith to Solonor Thelandira, the elven god of skill in archery. Is my big fuzzy goofy friend here right? Are you indeed an archer, Miss Soumral?"

Meanwhile, the small bear-like creature continued to pay attention to all of this without comment.

Last edited:
Oreleth turns to the two felinoids and offers up a small bow. "Well met, all of you. Ms. Bria of the Ko, you are indeed quite observant, and you are correct. I am fortunate enough to be from the great Forest Eternal, and I offer my devotions to Solonor Thelandira. I am not just a warrior trained in the bow, but I also am an Arcane Archer, able to enhance my bow with the magic ability that I have. But there are times that using a bow is not wise, so I have also trained to be proficient with my sword, even if I prefer to be able to use this," she reaches up with her hand to touch the bow that is currently across her back.

At this revelation, Luna raises up an eyebrow. An Arcane Archer? I've read about those capable of performing spectacular magics with a bow, but I don't believe that I have ever seen one in person before. "My goodness. That is an impressive talent, and very rare." She looks over the elf woman with a new appreciation for her skill. "What school of magic do you follow?"

Meanwhile, on Luna's shoulder...

Oh, I think this is most definitely precious! Or perhaps this! No, no, I would much rather have this!

Oreleth noticed an aged psuedo-dragon, that rarest of the small, true draconic breeds who allied themselves with very few adventurers and became familiars with even fewer. She was rapidly brushing against a rosy silk cloak which became a fine purple ribbon which transformed again and again. The lady dragoness was clearly having the time of her life and quite possibly had not yet noticed Oreleth's presence, so caught up was she with her own fashion statements.

Oreleth looks at Luna, noticing that she is not wearing armor and has a pseudo dragon on her shoulder. Most likely a mage herself. "I have studied the Evoker School of magic. I found that it works the best in conjunction with my archery, to be able to enhance my arrows with deadly effect. Am I correct in believing that you are a spellcaster, also? What kind of magic do you practice?"

Luna nods. "Yes, I am a wizard of the Evoker school also, and I personally specialize in fire magic. It is my area of expertise." She looks over at Sparkle as she is preening and changing her scarf into different clothes. "Um, Sparkle? Would you like to say 'hello' to Oreleth Soumral, a friend of Bren? She may be joining us on our journey to the temple."

.:| Nivirea - The Sorceress |:.

By the time Oreleth approached the party, Nivirea had already made herself immaculately presentable.

Her long hair was tied up in a perfect ponytail using the red ribbon that she found, or more like pilfered, earlier; not a strand out of place. Her black robes were smoothed down, the green patterns of leaf and vine still vibrant enough to suggest that they were new. She may not have had Bria's (and now Luna's) glamered dress, but the design of the sorceress' robes was perfectly in between of practical, decent, and sensual. In most places and for most purposes, at least. It clung to her upper body but was otherwise loose, the neckline lowered but did not plunge, and while her shoulders were well exposed, the lower part of her body was not. A very practical pair of boots completed the look.

But it was actually her attitude, her projected aura, that made her seem ready to tackle just about anything. You'd think she was simply proud judging from her bearing alone, but her eyes betrayed a hint of arrogance, a complacency that surfaced the longer you looked at her, and doubly so if you heard her speak. Which she did, just then.

"I'm with Powerpaw," she declared, moving to stand right next to him as if to illustrate that, her arms crossed. "Do we really need her? For the archer part, of course. After all... We've already got the arcane part covered."

The young sorceress seemed to want to intentionally play down that part of the elf maiden's proclaimed talent.

Otiorin advanced in Bria's wake. This 'Arcane Archer' was something he was unfamiliar with, and he was somewhat uncomfortable being close to a pure-blooded Elf. Memories of the teasing he'd endured in his family home still remained firmly embedded in his mind.
"Fellow greetings, Lady Oreleth of The Forest Eternal. I, Otiorin Taletreader of Waterwind, do greet you with warmest hospitality.", he spoke in a meticulously crafted Elven greeting, "I trust your journey to Highwind was uneventful?"

Oreleth looks at the half-elf for a moment before responding, then offers up a slight bow. "Well met, Otiorin Taletreader, and I thank you for your kind greeting. My journey to Highwind was mostly uneventful, the only bump in the road was a couple of bandits that thought that I would be an easy mark to rob. After a bit of friendly instruction on the error of their ways, they decided that it would be in their best interest to leave me alone."

She then looks over at the woman that spoke. "Well, considering that I still don't know what this mission is that you are planing on, I cannot say if I would even be interested in coming along, let alone if I would be useful to you."

Bren Sarabina
Spells: 1st - Bless, Bless Weapon, Divine Favor, Lesser Restoration; 2nd - Bull's Strength, Delay Poison, Resist Energy; 3rd - Daylight, Prayer.
Powerpaw strode up beside Luna and briefly glanced at Bren. "What da face, Bren? You tink we needs an archer since Wolf went off wif his dad? She any good?"
"I'm with Powerpaw," she declared, moving to stand right next to him as if to illustrate that, her arms crossed. "Do we really need her? For the archer part, of course. After all... We've already got the arcane part covered."
She then looks over at the woman that spoke. "Well, considering that I still don't know what this mission is that you are planing on, I cannot say if I would even be interested in coming along, let alone if I would be useful to you."

Bren grew serious as his party's concerns were raised, and he nodded gravely to them (albeit with a raised eyebrow for Nivirea's clear self-centeredness). "I believe we can use her help, yes. It's not so much that she's an archer, even an arcane one, as that I know she is a very good one, of our level of skill (or near enough), and that I know she can be trusted." He gave Nivirea another of those raised-eyebrow looks. "If it was a matter of not needing arcane magics, remember that Luna and Otiorin covered that nicely well before we met you, but that does not make you useless. All four of you express your magic in different ways, and it may well be that we will need those differences." He looked at the rest of the party. "There is also the fact that it seems Mielikki brought her here. I don't know if that was specifically directed to us, but to me it seems likely, given what we are up against."

Now he turned to Oroleth. "Speaking of which, you're right, you do need to know our mission before you agree. It may be that you won't, and I won't hold it against you." His expression grew more serious yet. "Mielikki's husband Tapio is blocked from Sharseya by the actions of their enemy, the evil goddess Loviatar. She caused his temple to be desecrated and replaced by... let's call it a bridge, one that connects her power to this world. It is our mission to destroy that bridge and re-consecrate Tapio's temple. In doing so, we face heavy odds, and it's likely that we will not all of us return to Highwind. Under the circumstances, extra fighters will of course be useful, but I was remiss in simply inviting you as if it were a stroll in the park -- which it most certainly will not be."

Oreleth looks shocked. "I know little of Gods besides the ones of my people, but even I have heard of the good Mielikki and how she gives to the earth. Tapio is less known to me, but as husband to Mielikki, she would not associate with an evil being. Loviatar is a nasty one, and having her with any extra power in our lands is an ill wind indeed." She glances at her bow, remembering her purpose in traveling to HIghwind. This is more important than some silly bow. If Lovaitar gains more power . . . "I had been traveling to Highwind to speak with the scholar Oscar, but I learned from the gate guards that he's passed away. This quest is far more important that the information I sought, and if you would have me, I would gladly add my bow to your effort to stop the hated Mistress of Pain."

Last edited:
Luna nods in satisfaction. "I say, any friend of Bren must be a pretty decent person, and having the extra help to cleanse the temple of Tapio from the evil that lies in it is welcome on my part." She then glances down at the red panda that is Oscar with a sly smile. "Also, while it is true that Oscar of Highwind has died, I do know for a fact that the learned scholar has been reincarnated so his vast knowledge has not been lost. If you are lucky, perhaps you'll still be able to talk to him."

Oreleth raises up an eyebrow. "Really? Reincarnated, you say? From what I have heard of this Oscar of Highwind, that is a wondrous thing that his knowledge has not been lost. Perhaps, when we are all done with the temple of Tapio, I can return to Highwind and find him and prevail upon him for some of his wisdom."

Nivirea frowned and rolled her eyes through Bren's lecture, but she didn't argue. In fact, she seemed more distraught than anything else all of a sudden. Neglecting to offer any kind of introduction to the newcomer elf who had already engaged in conversation with Luna, she started to walk away towards the edge of the clearing where she might get a glimpse of the city.

Oreleth glances after Nivirea in confusion, then looks over at Luna and Brendoran in askance. In a quiet voice, she asks, "She doesn't seem too happy to have me along. Did I do something wrong? Have I insulted her somehow?"

She looks over at Sparkle as she is preening and changing her scarf into different clothes. "Um, Sparkle? Would you like to say 'hello' to Oreleth Soumral, a friend of Bren? She may be joining us on our journey to the temple."

Realizing she was being called upon, Sparkle froze in her glamouring. Then the old dragoness looked from Luna to Oreleth, her red-brown scales shifting beautifully as she turned her neck and head. Her sharp eyes examined the wood elf from head to toe with a touch of amazement. "Another friend of Lord Sarabina?" She glanced at Brendoran and asked in her pointed grandmotherly fashion, "By Bahamut's seven canaries, Ser Brendoran of Mielikki! Are there any adventurers you do not know?"

Then the lady dragon addressed Oreleth in wood elven so precisely and with such a correct accent that if the arcane archer had closed her eyes, she might have thought she was speaking to one of her own.

(From wood elven) "My eyes see with joy, Oreleth, archer-daughter of keen Solonor. May the winds aid your aim while confounding your enemies'."

Sparkle was indeed joyous to see a wood elf here in the home of the Forest Goddess. This was a good sign, and at her age, Sparkle felt she would take any good signs she could get, especially given what the Wayward Wanderers were promised to face out in Shandra's Evergreen.

* * *​

"I believe we can use her help, yes. It's not so much that she's an archer, even an arcane one, as that I know she is a very good one, of our level of skill (or near enough), and that I know she can be trusted."

Powerpaw's tail lashed from side to side. He sized up Oreleth once more, the way that fighters do - looking for strengths and weaknesses as if their lives might one day depend on such knowledge. He growled suspiciously, for there were no elves in the faraway jungles Shamballah and Bastet, his beloved goddess of cats, certainly did not make them. The last elves they had met were anything but friendly and welcoming. His blood-red eyes narrowed down on her. "Good, huh? Elfie-face here'd better be! Dis Kitty-face izn't splittin' his treasure or trustin' his back ta just anybuddy..."

Mamapaw could understand her son's... well, they were not fears as he had never in his life felt that feeling... Instead, she could relate to Powerpaw's doubts. The brown-furred Felane peered down at Oreleth with the raised tail and flickering whiskers of a cat filled with curiosity. She sniffed. "Just what is it you do exactly, warrior? And what has the Goddess of Ice wrought upon you or yours to illicit your resolved response?"

Hey you! Corellon Larethian is the god of all surface elves and the only Greater God in the elven pantheon. Even Solonor bends knee to the sunny creator of elves. In case you didn't know. =)

Also, most wood elves don't know of Loviatar (or very many gods outside their own pantheon). However, Loviatar and Erythnul have definitely caused more than their fair share of carnage up here in Highwind.

* * *​

Nivirea found that there was much to Mielikki's EarthHome with its towering trees, lovely fragrances, and all-encompassing colors of the wild. While it was an easy thing to physically distance oneself from the Wanderers, Nivirea soon discovered the same was not true of finding a spot that led to a view of Highwind. It became clear to the fey-blooded woman that she would have to travel a little on her own to find such a spot, but... chances were the journey would be worth the reward.

As with Solonor's Orelelth, Nivirea of Summerset felt her own blood stir something strangely now that she was free of distraction. There was something about EarthHome that gave rise to life and liveliness, peace and the oneness of all growing, living things. It was a feeling so great that no creature that shared fey heritage could doubt it or miss it.

Soon, Nivirea found herself facing the entrance to a sunbathed courtyard some 100 feet distant with twinkling pools surrounded by calm, mossy rocks and flowers the colors of the rainbow. Here, a small group of evergreen-clad Mielikkians gathered water and prepared it in some divine way, with heartfelt prayers skilled spell-weaving. In but a few moments, Nivirea put together what she was watching - the four priests were creating holy water. For what purpose, the fair-skinned beauty could not tell. Beyond them lay more sunlight and what looked to be a huge outstretched oak tree whose heavy branches very likely provided a view of the city.

But if Nivirea looked back, she saw a few of the Wanderers looking at her, Bria among them. The harmless healer seemed completely at home upon this holy ground, but there was a look of concern in those soft brown eyes as she watched Nivirea.

* * *​

Oreleth glances after Nivirea in confusion, then looks over at Luna and Brendoran in askance. In a quiet voice, she asks, "She doesn't seem too happy to have me along. Did I do something wrong? Have I insulted her somehow?"

Not Mamapaw, nor Powerpaw, nor Bria gave answer. The Felane looked to Brendoran and Luna. Bria, on the other hand, brushed her hands thrice down her fine robes. There was a soft rainbow of light that came and went quickly. There, Bria of the Ko stood in her simple and sturdy brown and white fighting robes, her hood over her eyes. She pulled the hood back and kept watching Nivirea with quiet interest.

Meanwhile, Oscar padded up beside Bria as if to look, yet some of the grass and flowers impeded the now-little scholar's view. Bria noticed this. She knelt down and held out her arms in silent offer. Oscar approached and Bria gently lifted him up onto her shoulder and perched him there.

Oreleth of the Forest Eternal could swear the human woman and the handsome ursine were indeed whispering to one another. Bria seemed to be asking the animal something. She leaned into him to eagerly hear his response.

But since when did little multi-colored bears talk?

Bren Sarabina
Bren also glanced at the small furry one in their midst when Oscar was mentioned, but waited for said furry one to speak for himself. In the meantime, he replied to Oreleth's most recent questions, "I don't think you've done anything. Probably it's something I said. She seems ... high strung. But she was a great help to an ally of Melshaef's, and that counts for something with me, and so she has joined us for this while."

She glanced at Brendoran and asked in her pointed grandmotherly fashion, "By Bahamut's seven canaries, Ser Brendoran of Mielikki! Are there any adventurers you do not know?"
Bren laughed. "Oh, well, I've been around a bit, you know. I'm sure there are, of course, especially since I've been away from Highwind for some months."

She inhaled deeply as she walked away, relishing the fragrances of Earthhome with all her senses. Now that she was out of the crowd, she felt herself calm down, in no small part thanks to the enchanting scenery. She paused at the entrance to the courtyard, regarding what was going on with mild interest. She did look back at the Wanderers, her expression mellow in contrast to before, before she turned around and entered the sunbathed courtyard.

Having spent some time in Earthhome already, she felt confident to explore it alone. It was a good place, that was certain. And after all, weren't places like these exactly the reason why she left home in the first place? She cut a straight path through the courtyard, though not as straight as to disturb the priests, heading for the giant oak at the far side and the view it promised. On the way she observed the ritual - perhaps she'd talk to the Mielikkians after.

"Let Me See" - Clannad

"I had been traveling to Highwind to speak with the scholar Oscar, but I learned from the gate guards that he's passed away. This quest is far more important that the information I sought, and if you would have me, I would gladly add my bow to your effort to stop the hated Mistress of Pain."

Bren also glanced at the small furry one in their midst when Oscar was mentioned, but waited for said furry one to speak for himself. In the meantime, he replied to Oreleth's most recent questions, "I don't think you've done anything. Probably it's something I said. She seems ... high strung. But she was a great help to an ally of Melshaef's, and that counts for something with me, and so she has joined us for this while."

The little furry animal with Bria motioned back towards Oreleth and Bren. Bria obliged him and, with a little wave of her hand, Bria rejoined the Wanderers with the animal held in her arms. The bear had a cheery face as if it were a typical property of the animal type that he was, but his eyes were quite unlike an animal's - they brimmed with higher intelligence. Some of Oreleth's people said that the "stars danced in the eyes of the wise." They certainly danced here. Those little black eyes regarded Oreleth with no judgment whatsoever, but with curiosity combined with compassion.

Then the furry one addressed Oreleth in a baritone voice and Highwindian accent that belonged to a man and not a bear. Each word was spoken as if carefully considered and assembled prior to delivery, and with that delivery came the warm tone of welcome toward Oreleth. "Child of Corellon, think no ill of Nivirea. For all beings in a fellowship come with their own lit candles and corners of shadow, to show and share or keep secret as they will. Nivirea's shadows are hers to keep."

Then the cute little fellow nodded to her. It was not his fault; he could not help but appear adorable. "I am Oscar of Highwind. Why do you seek me?"

At last, Oreleth had found one of the wise whose eyes indeed danced like stars.

Yes, I specifically chose this picture with the caption for the humor value! =)
Red-panda-625x350.jpg
(Image credit: imgur.com )

* * *​

As Nivirea stepped past the priests, they continued to murmur in Sylvan, the language of forest-dwellers, and once in what Nivirea believed was Celestial, the language of the holy. They prayed with solemn fervor and as the sorceress passed, more than once she heard the name "Tapio" murmured as if in plea.

The closer Nivirea found herself to seeing the outside, the thinner the air became. It had only been noticable when the team of draft horses pulling the Adventurers' Wagon had become a team of pegasi and had launched them all into the sky to carry them here.

Now that Nivirea was making her way from the inside of what could only be one great living thing of green, she realized just how high up she was. Her expanding view of the clouds, now far more level than she was ever used to seeing in Summerset, only furthered this feeling. The air, unlike inside EarthHome, was crisp and chill, but clean like no other wind she had felt before. The wind caressed the mountain and everything on it.

It was one thing to hear about a fabled city built atop a great mountain - it was quite another to see it with one's own eyes. And now, Nivirea was doing that very thing. After all, this is what adventures were all about!

ab3bc8150858f1edace89f082bdface0--fantasy-character-design-church.jpg
(Image credit: Xiang Ling on Pinterest)

And beyond? Shandra's Evergreen. Before Nivirea knew it, she was on a balcony of natural rock and old trees, the great oak especially. But unlike Summerset and the Road of Kings, her eyes found themselves looking down.
41143-mountain-top-view.jpg
(Image credit: OUR POETRY CORNER - WordPress.com)

Then dragon-creatures, each about the size of a healthy stallion but far deadlier in appearance, swooped and trailed in teams of twos and threes above her. They had human riders with saddles like Nivirea had never before seen and strange, powerful-looking crossbows. Each of the dragons had scales the color of fiery red, sky blue, or darkest black. They made high-pitched shrieks that carried. They looked similar to this in shape except they were slightly larger than this at their smallest.
Life size dragon scupltures.jpg
(Image credit: Pinterest)

Two flew past like shooting stars. Each looked like a younger version of this picture.
Kotaku Australia.jpg
(Image credit: Kotaku Australia)

Every one of Nivirea's senses told her - she was definitely not in Summerset anymore! =)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back