• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Chaos Is An Angel Who Fell In Love With A Demon

Corvus Corax

Quoth the Raven “Nevermore.”
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
My Interest Check
Alexandria Kaltman wanted nothing to do with this mission. When she had been told she was heading to New York to look for a relic, which may or may not exist, she'd stated she'd rather die. Again. Of course, demons weren't ones to tolerate no for an answer, and off Alex went. Now here she was, somewhere in New York, at night. Aimlessly walking with the smallest of clues that could lead her to this 'relic', if there was one. She still refused to believe it. A gauntlet that could grand the user power? Ha! Unheard of. The demon let out a huff, but couldn't help herself as she was left to imagine what sort of things she could do with an all-powerful gauntlet.

Seemingly lost in thought, Alex wound up in alley, stopping to look around. Letting out a sigh, the demon's brows furrowed, and she muttered to herself how stupid this was, trying to find her way out of this alley.

When Alex had been called to leave, she had been donning her brand new white button down shirt. Her favorite, of course, and if it were to get dirty, she was going to murder someone. Flying would have been nice, but this was New York after all. Should any human notice her, she would be dead, in more ways than one. Fast forward a few minutes, and she emerged back onto the street, brushing her white shirt and matching slacks to prevent dirt from clinging to them.

"If I were this relic, where the hell would I be?"

There was nothing quite like flying, Mattias Cays thought to himself. The wind through his long hair, and the ground flowing under them like a raging river. However the feeling of being carried by one of his fellow angels took away from the freedom and left him feeling smaller than the insects that foraged through the grass. He was silent as his fellow angel landed, letting Mattias touch his feet to the streets of New York city. They had flown quite stealthily and were now just a little ways into an empty alley. On the main street Mattias could see the red glow of a Chinese food advertisement. His attention was drawn back when his ride spoke.

"You have everything you need Mattias? You know what to do." The last sentence wasn't a question.

"Yes Selwen. I understand my mission here." Mattias spoke with a dullness in his voice that made it clear he was used to being doubted.

"Good, I will leave you here then. Report back when you make progress..." There was a pause as Selwen looked like he was about to take off but then he hesitated. "Perhaps you will like it here. This human city reminds me a bit of you." Selwen pointedly looked towards a dumpster and then took off with a graceful flourish of grey and gold wings. Mattias felt the rush of shame move over him and he brushed his long hair over half of his face doing his best to hide the burning red scars that resided there. There was a honking from the street drawing Mattias's attention and reminding him of his purpose here. Straightening his shoulders he stepped into the streets of New York.

Angels could fold their wings tight to themselves and could easily blend in as a normal human. Mattias struggled with the task a moment as one of his wings was mangled. Yet he managed to tuck away the wing that often had the other angels staring at him. Mattias learned after his fall to hide his wings well, it helped him to know others could not see his shame. Once safely hidden away Mattias let himself take in the sights of New York, the buildings towered over him filled with bright lights. His mission for the relic could be anywhere, he had no clues, nothing.

Taking a moment to collect his thoughts, the first obvious place one might go to look for clues he reasoned would be a library. Humans liked to pack away all their knowledge into buildings and so there he would start his search. Just has he had made his decision he found himself bumping into a woman.
"Ah apologies-" He cut himself short when he felt sensation that one might feel being close to a demon. His eyes snapped to the woman taking in her features "You!" He backed a step away and started to pivot away from her. There was no way he would stand a chance against a demon. Thankfully there were human eyes everywhere and he hoped the demon would prefer to remain hidden rather then draw attention.

“Watch where you’re-“ Alex cut herself short, as her eyes fell over the man. Taking one glance, she was sure this was an Angel. His presence had a different, sort of pure energy a human wouldn’t give off. It was disgusting. But there was something...different about this Angel. Not that she’d notice, as his wings and scars had been covered. At this moment, they were equals, and he was just any other Angel. But why was he taking a step back, almost in fear? Alex frowned, sparing a glance around to see human eyes watching. Clicking her tongue in disappointment, she stepped closer to the Angel, getting within earshot of him, and placing her hand on his shoulder. “You better not get in my way, Angel.” Her voice was sharp, and she took her hand off, circling him to get a good look, much like a snake to their prey.

“On second thought, walk with me.” If she wasn’t able to fight, at least she could take this man to a different area, one where humans wouldn’t lurk. She grabbed his hand, nearly dragging him into the alley she came from, and released his hand.

If she wasn’t able to fight, she was still going to get something else valuable out of it, either willingly or by force. Information. Stuffing her hands in her pockets, the demon looked up at the man before speaking. “What brings you to this rut of a city? Hm?” Her foot started to tap impatiently. With no humans around, she felt much more comfortable. Her unnaturally yellow eyes were burning into him, staring, waiting.

The demon took a step closer and Mattias felt the rush of fear move through him. However this demon did not look anything like he knew demons to look. She looked dangerous certainly, but there was something delicately feminine about her. Her hand squeezed onto his shoulder and he reflexively braced against it. She was looking at him like she might like to hurt him in various different ways, Mattias watched as she circled him and was about to speak again when she snapped at him to keep away.

Suddenly then, she changed her mind and her warm hand circled around his and tugged him down a dark alley. Already he noticed human eyes were watching, knowing the first rule of all missions on earth Mattias did his best to not let any humans know. So he allowed himself to be dragged away without much of a fuss. Once away from the mundane she released him and stood menacingly in front of him. Mattias did his best to square up his shoulders and stand tall, but there was no mistaking the fear in his eyes. He was drawn to look at her eyes closer as they seemed to flash yellow, she asked him why he was there and he swallowed.

"It is none of your concern demon. I would not think it wise to provoke an angel." He hoped the words would give him the bravery he desperately wished for. Knowing he would never be able to return should he fail his mission he stepped closer to her. It pleased him a little to know he was taller than her, He gazed down at her with a serious expression. "You will not bring harm to humans wile I am here, Do you understand me demon? Your purpose here will not bring the humans harm."

Alex was pleasantly surprised that the man went along without much of a struggle. "It is my concern, as we are both in the same place. So I ask again, why are you here?" She stood tall, folding her hands behind her back. She would not let this angel win in a battle of wits, she was going to make him answer one way or another. "If it's me you're after, I'm right here." She motioned to herself, raising one eyebrow with curiosity. Certainly a bold statement, and if it was true, then she invited him to try and catch her. It wasn't uncommon for an angel to be sent to capture a demon and keep them from doing harm.

As the angel stepped closer, standing above her, Alex crossed her arms over her chest, standing her ground. She absolutely despised that he was taller, but she wasn't going to let it bother her, shutting her eyes and letting out a breath. "Wasn't plannin' on it." Alex retorted, before tilting her head ever-so-slightly. "Well, maybe. Not like I can help it, ha." She smirked, shrugging. "Aren't you tired of being nice? Don't you just want to let it out?" It was a genuine question, from a demon to an angel. Not that he'd admit it, but she knew. Everyone had some anger they needed to get out. And terrorizing the humans was among her favorite pastimes.

"But that's besides the point. Angel," She paused, reaching up and bringing his face down to her level. "Tell me what you're here for. Tell me what you know."

It surprised him to think that perhaps the demon thought that he was here for her, she was such an angry little thing, he thought. She demanded to know his reason for being there again and something in him felt a small bit compelled to tell her. It was becoming clear to him now that this demon despite her obvious rage was not interested in a fight, it made him relax a bit. When he didn't answer her first question she moved closer to him and jeered at him. However it did make him curious if what she was saying was true. Was she truly not here to harm? If that was the case then what on earth was she doing in New York?

Then she asked him if he was tired, and the question struck him. Again he remained silent and the demon went on, moving even closer, then suddenly she was pulling him down to face level, the motion moved his hair to the side starting to reveal the ugly red scars and the pale eye that could barely see. His brow furrowed but he didn't resist her.
"You are very nosy." He told her plainly. "But if you must know, I am not here for you demon." Being up this close he could make out the different varying flecks of yellow within her eyes. It was almost like looking into the petal of a sunflower. "I am looking for something, and since you aren't here to harm perhaps I might reason that we are both here for the same reason." He chose to lean away from her and take a step back, he had to admit she smelled kind of nice, and the scent was distracting. He pushed his hair back into place and looked at her, there was a slight cockiness to him now. If there was something Mattias could depend on was his brains.

"I do believe you are wasting your time here then demon. I'll be returning the relic to the angels far before you get your hands on it." He turned on his heel to walk away from her. "Do have a good night." He said pleasantly.

“You...” Her voice trailed off after seeing the nasty red scars and pale eyes staring back at her. The initial shock made her hesitate a second before her grip loosened, and her hand fell to her side. Just for that moment, she forgot about everything else, reliving pained memories she wish she’d forget. She stepped back, giving the man some space, and composed herself once more.

“You’re the one I’ve heard so much about. ‘The monstrous Angel who couldn’t heal.’ That’s what they call you down there, anyway.” So this was what she’d felt at first, the thing that was off about him. “You and I aren’t so different after all.” She wasn’t pitying him, and she didn’t think of him as a lesser being. They were equals in her eyes, something neither of them were used to. She’d taken her share of being talked down upon, the one who nobody liked. It made her frustrated thinking about it, but what could they do.

“I’m not nosy-“ Alex opened her mouth to defend herself but not before he finally answered her question. “Wait, you’re not here for me? Hey, wait, slow down!” The quiet boy she met at first had turned into a chatterbox, and although she was glad that he was answering her questions, she still wasn’t learning anything new. That was, until the mention of the relic came up.

“The relic? Me too! Maybe we should work on this togeth- Hey, wait!” He has already turned to leave. How rude. “I have a name, you know. It’s Alexandria, Alex for short. If you ever use my full name, I’ll rip your throat out.” She smiled at him, walking by his side, whether he liked it or not.

Last edited:
He could see the recognition in her eyes and she proved it when she spoke of his deformity. There was a flash of pain in remembrance to the fall and he felt his wings tuck in closer. The feathers a soft brush against his back, keeping him warm in the night air. He was walking back towards the streets when she choose to catch up with him. The move surprised him and he looked down at her with a look of bewilderment when she suggested they work together. She introduced herself and Mattias found the name Alex suited her quite nicely, the thought however went away when she threatened him bodily harm.

"Mattias" He said gruffly. They entered into the main streets of New York and Mattias did his best to get his bearings before he spoke to Alex again. The city was a grid but he had never been there before and had no where to start. He spotted a set of stairs leading underground and noticed a transit map. He walked over to it and found Alex next to him.

"Why on earth should we work together Alex?" His gaze never left the map as he studied it. "I know my punishment if I let the relic go to you. I'm sure you have one as well. How does working together benefit when one of us will certainly loose? Or do you just plan to use my brains and kill me first chance you get?" He turned and gazed down at the demon next to him. She was slender but he could make out the strength in the way she carried herself. "How can we both come out winners in this arrangement?" He had the map memorized now, and knew the way to the closest library.

“Mattias,” Alex repeated, nodding. “It suits an Angel like you.” She stopped walking when he did, and she tried her best to get a view of the map.

To be honest, she hadn’t thought that far yet. The words just sort of came of her mouth about working together. She may have wanted him to figure it out for her and guide her to the relic, not that she’d admit it. “First of all, I’m not so barbaric as to kill an Angel. These clothes are too nice to ruin.” She was quick to correct him, and she was truthful about it. Her mission was not to kill, just to retrieve. “I say we work together so we can get this thing over with. I don’t want to be here anymore than you. And who gets the relic, we’ll see when the time comes.” Shrugging, she knew he probably wouldn’t accept the offer. “We’re both misfits. I know I wouldn’t last a day out here. Not sure about you.”

He could tell she was struggling with an answer for his question, but secretly enjoyed the jump first think later attitude she had. It reminded him of a time before he thought of consequences, her spirit was not yet extinguished, and he found he respected that. He could see the truth within her and found himself swayed by her words.

"Alright Alex, I suppose we can give this partnership a try then." His hand moved out ready for a handshake. "I'm not overly strong, but I do believe I could get us around the mundane. I am not sure what information you've been given, but I have absolutely nothing other than retrieve the item. I suppose we could visit a local knowledge hub called a library; there perhaps we could find more information for our cause. However I feel like we may be stuck here a while so maybe we should discuss a home base?"

He paused, realizing that he had quite a bit more to say but if he and Alex were to be working together he supposed she should have some input as well. Perhaps the demon had thought of something that he hadn't.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back